Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SAINTS (1x1 w/DarkMukip)

Yukimura started to unload what they had managed to find, nodding and calling over his shoulder. “Not too much, I plan to go out again sooner than that!” They had about half a cooler or so, which wasn’t a lot, but was better than nothing with pickings were slim. They substituted with blood and coffee, which so far had seemed to put them in a safe place, no one ever going hungry or having to kill for their meat.

"Hai, hai!" Sasuke called back, waving his hand to show he acknowledged what Yukimura said. As he unpacked, he wondered if he would run into that Dove girl again. Why did she not want to fight him? Didn't that go against her training?

“Yukimura, you okay?” Amaya asked, looking to him with slight concern. Yukimura shook his head,
Mostly to clear his thoughts, giving a small nod.
“Sorry, just lost in thought.” He admitted.
Amaya gave a nod and used her thumb to point to the large estate they all resided in. “I’m heading inside to help Sasuke, don’t take too long outside, okay?”
“Gotcha.” He said with a nod.

The next day, Akihime sat at her desk making her report on the her encounter last night. Mitsunari was less than pleased with her, refused to acknowledge her unless he needed to. She sighed softly and glanced up just to look around absently before spying Megohime, "Ah! Mego-chan! I-I mean... Tamura-sousakan...!"

Megohime was going about the office herself, doing paperwork and other tasks assigned to her by Kojurou before they would head out on patrol. “Oh, Otani-sosakan..” She stopped and allowed the other new investigator approach her, seeming rigid still.

She smiled brightly as she stopped before her, "I heard you were paired with Katakura-sousakan, congratulations." She said gently, "How do you like it, working with him?"

Megohime seemed a bit uncomfortable, but she had always been stiff in school too, it was probably just how she was. “Katakura-sosakan is a good investigator- I enjoy working under him.” She said with a nod. “How about you?” Her tone seemed cold; frigid bitch was one way she heard others describe Megohime. “I heard you got paired up with Ishida-sousakan, how’s that?”

Akihime was used to how Megohime talked and behaved, it reminded her of Mitsunari in a way so it didn't bother her much, "Ah, Onii- er... Ishida-sousakan is rather harsh on me, if I'm honest. But, he's an exceptional investigator."

“Ah, I see.” That was an apologies of sort, the best Megohime could give. “I know that you’ll do fine once you find your footing, you’re capable after all.” That was about the nicest thing that had come from Megohime’s mouth.

Akihime's cheeks dusted pink at the praise, how ever odd it may have been, "Arigatou. Would you like to go for lunch sometime? As, like, colleagues? If not, I understand!"

Megohime turned her attention to the paperwork she had almost immediately, thumbing through it as if trying to busy herself. “Sorry, I’ve already made lunch plans with someone else.”

Megohime gave a nod, glancing to her briefly. “Maybe when I’m free- I’ll see you around, Otani-sousakan.” She bowed her head before heading back to her tasks. How humiliating, she had already had her lunch hour so rudely taken by someone else, and now another classmate wanted to actually spend time with her? Things felt even more complicated than before, but she would just have to work through it.

Megohime was glad she had patrol time with Kojurou, it meant having a break from people pulling her in every direction. Surprisingly, being out on the street was much less chaotic than in the office.

After spending some time at her desk with her paperwork, Kojurou approached her, "Would you like to go out on another patrol? It's noon so Masamune will be asleep."

Megohime nodded, finding relief in being able to leave the office. She always found doing activities where casual chatting wasn’t as common easier to manage. “Of course.” She stood and gathered her things.

Megohime gave a firm nod. “I’m alright, it was only a few scrapes and bumps.” She still felt her nerves from the day before, how strong he was.

He nodded slightly, "I'm still glad you aren't too hurt. If we run into him again, we'll call for backup. He's too much, even for me."

“Of course, Katakura-sosakan.” She nodded. “If I may ask.. What do you know about the ghoul Date?”

“Ah, no, sorry sir.” She looked forward and frowned softly. “Why doesn’t he bother hiding his face? His name? We have so much information on him, but yet we don’t have him?”

"While I know the Ward he controls is not your home, nor anywhere near it, you must know of the Date." Kojurou said, "The bloodline predates the early Sengoku era, making them the oldest noble family to still exist without any muddling of blood." He glanced at her briefly before looking back at the road, "To put it plainly, he's yakuza."

“Yakuza.” Megohime echoed softly, a frown on her face, brows furrowed. “I know of both the Date family line, and the Yakuza, but I thought they had all but been broken up.” Sure she had learned her history, payee attwntion in class, but she always figured that the Date family just kept to themselves, stayed out of the public eye- in a way they had, but she never imagined they had taken up the Yakuza name.

Back
Top Bottom