Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
I'm the same. Happy for Lucas to have kids as well. So if anyone wishes to throw family members his way I'm all for it.

on a larger colony ship with more people that suffered a malfunction
Ah, so there stands a possibility of reuniting with the others

The way we played it last time around it didn't simply malfunction but due to that malfunction crashed into the sun or the planet (or moon) on which the three Jupiters managed to make a relatively safe landing. In short the larger colony ship is completely gone along with most of the other Jupiters trying to escape. (Of course a fourth Jupiter might have made it to the surface, of course and badly damaged. Who knows, we did something like that too the first time around to establish a fourth family.)

Yeah I'll thrown Owen as Alexander's son to spread them out

And as such also Caitlin's brother.

Happy for her to be Lucas's wife if you like.

Since Khandi will be the Robinson matriarch I think it would be better for Lucas to remain head of the Mercer family.

You can pick her family. Appreciate it!

In that case I vote her to be a Mercer, as in Lucas' daughter. That way we now have three families, each with at least one adult old enough to have teenage children, and that's a good start.

Goddamn you guys have been busy indeed.

Also. To help keep track of who is related to or involved with whom I humbly request that you all add a Relationship/s: line to your character sheets once a relationship has been fully established, the way I and Lea have done. Once we are ready to start I or Lea will make a post where each family is grouped together for an even easier overview.

And another thing which I suggest we also do once we have our three families and are ready to start is to edit the Jupiter Layout images to specify in which cabin which family member (or unrelated tag along) lives and if you somehow want some other space to be used for something other than specified on the already existing images.

Here is a basic example of what I mean:
Robinson's Jupiter.jpg

I will do the editing myself to the specifications of each family group's Jupiter.

Alright, which family/families don't have that many characters in them right now?

I think so far the Mercer family only has two, Drake has three and so does the Nyong'o-Robinson family. Off the top of my head.

To be more specific as to what is needed:
* A husband for Khandi (preferably of a non-African origin)
* Wives to both the Drake and Mercer patriarchs
* Kids in either family

Also to those players who have their characters' last name unspecified but have found a family group for them if you would please edit your characters name to include the family name.

In that case I vote her to be a Mercer, as in Lucas' daughter. That way we now have three families, each with at least one adult old enough to have teenage children, and that's a good start.
Sounds good, I will add that to Riley's sheet!

Alright sounds good to me. Have Lucas as a head of his family with Riley as his daughter is no problem whatsoever with me.

If you wanted to plot them out @Aluora feel free to message me. Happy to discuss father and daughter.

@MsBloom Oh yeah he would be Caitlin's brother :D We definitely should plot them out for sure.

Cool. What's in a year after all. Except that making him a year older will make him an adult.

I don't think that policy will be as strictly enforced this time around as it was the first time.

I love how engaged everyone has become here. I have added a daughter if a family wants to take her on, I may also play another adult.

I have a couple of thoughts to share as well to help guide us towards a start.

Moderation:
  • @MsBloom is co-moderator and will likely be the more active authority as to how the game is played. I will largely make suggestions and of course play my parts as often as time allows.
  • @Colonel_Liam has volunteered to be a GM when needed for things like risk of pregnancy so you might tag him for sexual encounters.
  • We have archived the bulk of the legacy posts and we have an entire sub-forum to make new threads, so don't be afraid to start new scene ideas as you want them.
Game Play
  • I tend to make suggestions more than rules so feedback is always encouraged. Please don't make us make rules, courtesy is expected, fun is desired, let's play.
  • I suggest that the protocol for breeding be a contingency plan that was agreed to by all adults prior to departure. Of course at that point no one thought it might really happen so if they even read it they probably didn't think it was a real possibility. It would be helpful if there were at least 2 or 3 characters intent on enforcing the protocol now that the unthinkable has happened.
  • I suggest the main story line should be more in the form of individual journals than a written narrative. This would allow each of us to give their impressions and intentions publicly but not hold up the flow of the various individual scenes taking place. So in practice, we would have a thread started for "Week 1 Journal Entries" Think of it as a Captain's Log for you Star Trek fans or a diary for the more down to earth writers. New players could then get caught up.
  • I see the majority of our writing coming in scenes involving two or more writers and will play out at whatever pace that sub-group can manage. There is no real limit to how many scenes you can be involved in, just try to moderate at what pace you can maintain in consideration of the others. There is also no chronological need to keep events happening at the same time, so you can be in multiple scenes taking place at slightly different times in the story.

If I may?
And I think I do.

First of all though:

@MsBloom is co-moderator and will likely be the more active authority as to how the game is played.

I think this means to perhaps contact me before Lea if there are any issues at all or if you want to suggest or discuss something before going public with it to the rest of the group. I would however suggest that if you pm for any reason related to the game to include us both in that pm. That way we are both kept in the loop about what is going on and we can both respond in our own time. Sometimes Lea might be on when I am not and vice versa.

It would be helpful if there were at least 2 or 3 characters intent on enforcing the protocol now that the unthinkable has happened.

Capheus Nyong'o will certainly be one of those.

I suggest the main story line should be more in the form of individual journals than a written narrative. This would allow each of us to give their impressions and intentions publicly but not hold up the flow of the various individual scenes taking place. So in practice, we would have a thread started for "Week 1 Journal Entries" Think of it as a Captain's Log for you Star Trek fans or a diary for the more down to earth writers. New players could then get caught up.

I would add the suggestion that to help follow a specific character's journal we use threadmarks with the character's name. I also suggest that we date each post in the journal entries, and possibly also link them to any related thread. For instance if two characters go exploring together they may perhaps play out that trip in detail in a separate thread while both players also write journal entries about it. The interactive thread will then provide details to those journal entries for anyone interested.

I am also thinking that to clean up our rather cluttered character thread I will make a new one with a template for what information to include where we post our finished characters. As it is now I think many characters are still works in progress. For now though use the one we already have but consider them works in progress.

Once we have the three family groups all worked out I will contact the players behind the characters of each group to define the layout of each specific Jupiter according to their specifications.

Also: if anyone knows a good site to make a map and would like to create one for the world on which our families are stranded let me know.
We also need to discuss what our families might find on this world. There has for instance already been talk about finding actual ruins of a dead civilisation, but could there be other civilisations on other parts of the world? What does the wildlife look like, are there any predators that might threaten the colony? Let's build the world together. Let's build the story together.

And lastly I would just like to repeat what Lea has already said: Please don't make us make rules! Common sense, respect and general courtesy should not be beyond any of us.

Now, let's play and have fun!

I can come up with a nap later today. I can also post the basic rules of preganancy.

One question in that regard, @MsBloom and @LeaT , since BM does not have a inbuilt dice roller do we want people to roller for themselves and post results with the expectation of honest or should I just handle dice rolls to help with flow?

One question in that regard, @MsBloom and @LeaT , since BM does not have a inbuilt dice roller do we want people to roller for themselves and post results with the expectation of honest or should I just handle dice rolls to help with flow?
I have no objection to you just doing the math and the rolls based on the 'basic rules' you spell out. Speak up ladies if you have an objection. I'm not sure you should immediately announce it to them though, but maybe drop hints like morning sickness and cravings and such symptoms. I suppose there is some limited ability to do testing and some might be more eager to know than others.

@MsBloom would you be kind enough to sketch out a draft for the breeding 'protocol'? I think we should offer some chance for input before we make it final. It will drive much of our game play so best to get it out there, no pressure though ;)

I can also post the basic rules of preganancy.

I think it i best to have our pregnancy GM rolling the dice with the exception of whether there is more than one potential father, then those players should be allowed a roll each to determine which of them impregnated the woman in question but only after she has been declared pregnant. We could have a designated thread for this to keep it public and out of the narrative.

@MsBloom would you be kind enough to sketch out a draft for the breeding 'protocol'? I think we should offer some chance for input before we make it final. It will drive much of our game play so best to get it out there, no pressure though

One breeding protocol coming right up.

Breeding Protocol
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.

That's just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
@LeaT You're daughter is more than welcomed to join the Mercer family.

Everything sounds good to me. I look forward in plotting with everyone.

That all sounds great!

Is there any penality if there is a pregnancy with a "non-breeding" partner?

Since the penality for using contraceptives is harsh, is it safe to assume they don't exist on the Jupiter?

About contraception
Is there any penality if there is a pregnancy with a "non-breeding" partner?

I wouldn't say so as long as there isn't already a child conceived by the couple. There might perhaps be drama though, especially from the male who ends up not being the father. He might consider himself betrayed and demand some other form of retribution against the actual father.

Since the penality for using contraceptives is harsh, is it safe to assume they don't exist on the Jupiter?

I would say the penalty is as harsh as I made it because they do exist on the Jupiters, though the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.

No problem. It was a good question because it made me actually consider the idea of contraception, why some methods would be allowed and others not.

Back
Top Bottom