Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
The Drake Family Dinner is still going is it not? Though to be honest I don't know who is up. Maybe it's me having once again read and forgotten to mark unread because I was expecting someone else to post before me. I'll check.

If we are to go by a strict posting order (and I don't feel we have to) it would be @LeaT who is next to post but @Colonel_Liam left his last post rather open with a question to the kids about if they have something to share. That might be a good opportunity to bring up the ruins and start a discussion about further exploration of them.

I'm still willing to write my characters, but I think we need something to do. A problem or project or a threat. That or a good sex scene.

I'm still willing to write my characters, but I think we need something to do. A problem or project or a threat.

I agree. Hence the suggestion of one of the kids bringing up the ruins for discussion. That could be a project that might turn into a threat. Perhaps those who once lived there are not actually entirely gone.

We have also not really explored much of what dangers and/or threat the surrounding nature might pose, be it weather or migrating predators.

Artemis proved to be domesticated (or perhaps domesticate-able is a better way to put it) so he can at least aid in such an endeavour. Also, there is at least one unresolved sex scene, or a scene that will soon become one. Right, Lea?

That, or we could give them the choice to play as people whose cryo-pods survived the destruction of the Endeavour. Which is how we were gonna introduce new players after the start of the RP anyway.

No, everything is intentional. I figured that at the time, Nate couldn't determine its gender, and besides which, neither the animal nor Nate really cares.

Think we're all good, then. Also, Liam, don't forget, Apollo ought to be on the receiving end of a proton pack*, and I have temporarily (or perhaps permanently) taken over the role of Owen.

*Ghostbusters reference, for the uninitiated. I do not and will never wish harm on anyone for ghosting.

Does it make sense to do a bit of a time skip, let some infrastructure projects be completed, let those who have been successfully impregnated start to show, etc?

Who do we want to send to the ruins if that's what we decide to do?
Nate and Owen would probably be really eager to get back.

Abeba would be eager as well and having missed the first trip Caitlin would also be more than eager even if it means she has to stay with the Chariots rather than explore deeper into the caves and ruins.

Among the adults I would suggest Mia, Mac and Alexander, (just to have each of the remaining active players all involved in the scene).

Does it make sense to do a bit of a time skip, let some infrastructure projects be completed, let those who have been successfully impregnated start to show, etc?

I would say that if we do the continued exploration of the ruins at the end of Week 2/beginning of Week 3 we can also do a time skip a month or two into the future. The time skip can be done in a series of Journal Entries to show the colony getting settled in.

I have been sick. Covid. Again. I'm feeling better now though, and I want to get back to writing. I've got a huge chunk of time that has opened up late nights. So perhaps I'll dig my fingernails in and rake them across and see what happens.

Hope you ladies and gents have been well.

I have been sick. Covid. Again. I'm feeling better now though, and I want to get back to writing. I've got a huge chunk of time that has opened up late nights. So perhaps I'll dig my fingernails in and rake them across and see what happens.

Hope you ladies and gents have been well.
Great post and welcome back! I hope this means you are feeling better.

Just as a reminder, which characters were “adopted” and have active players?

I still have the Drake parents, and Theo Mercer.

Back
Top Bottom