Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For Whom the Darkness Parts [Med/Fant roleplay. OOC]

prettylykSIN

Supernova
        • In the land of Terre A'nglis, evil if stirring. Evil in its most abhorred and terrifying form. Twilight, the God of Curruption, is awakening in the prison he was sealed in at the beginning of humanity by the other Gods for fear he would destroy their newest Children. Thousands of years later, he is awakening and his followers are intent on freeing him completely.

The Gods are still too weak to reseal Twilight's prison or kill him should he escape, so instead they choose a few Mortals to do it for them, blessing them with miraculous gifts and powers and a promise to grant their hearts' desires once they seal Twilight away.

The chosen Mortals must find each other and band together to stop Twilight, but can they forget their differences, put away their love, disown their hopes of a future, and forfeit their lives for this task? What happens when one of their chosen takes the path to free Twilight? Only you can decide the fate of Terre A'ngelis.

• Omei had seen mountains lower than these misnamed Snowy Hills, great lopsided heaps of half-buried boulders, webbed with steep twisting passes. A number of those passes would have given a goat pause. You could travel three days through the lush forests and snow-covered meadows without seeing a single sign of Mortal habitation. This was the Roof of the World, a place that would soon become legendary.

She glanced at the others that crowded the rift between the mountains. All looked fearful and nervous, casting brief glances at a tall steel cage in the center of them all. No, they looked at its contents. The man in the cage caught and held Omei's eyes. She was not close enough to see the man's face, as She had wanted to, but suddenly She thought She was as close as She cared for. The prisoner was a tall man, with long, dark hair falling around his broad shoulders. He held Himself upright with one hand on the bars over His head. His clothes seemed ordinary, a cloak and coat and breeches that would not have caused comment in any farming village. But the way He wore them. The way He held Himself. Twilight was a God in every inch of Him. The cage might as well not have been there. He held Himself erect, head high, and looked over the other Deities as if They had come to do Him honor. And where ever His gaze swept, there the others fell silent, staring back in a mixture of fear and disgust.

"Did we make the right choice, Gallues?" Vexed with Herself, Omei grimaced. She shouldn't be acting like a Mortal and letting Her mindless tongue flap in the breeze. The decision was made. It had been on Her mind though. She was not so unconcerned as She wanted to be.

Galleus, the Skylord as Mortals called him, glanced at Her. "The other choices only held different risks, not lesser." The Skylord considered Her for a moment before placing a hand on Her shoulder. "We must do this, Omei. For our Children." Omei nodded, reluctantly.

The others were forming a circle around the steel cage. It was time. Omei and Galleus joined them and completed the circle. The air crackled and sparked with the combined power of Their joining. Every head was bowed, as though in prayer. Twilight stirred now, eyes growing large as He stared at His fellow Deities. As the air seemed to harden and crush the cage, Twilight threw back His head and laughed.

It was the last sound He was to make again. A mountain, taller than any other in Terre A'nglis rose from were Twilight once stood, rising farther and farther into the sky, past the clouds. The roar of the earth being up heaved was deafening to any Mortal.

Finally, the earth became silent and was still. The Deities were gone, back to their homes to rest. Some carrying the bodies of those who had used too much of their power and were now as dead as a Mortal being.
              [/list:u][/list:u]

"The shadow fell upon the land, and the world was cleaved stone from stone. The oceans fled, the mountains were consumed, and the lands were wrought with death. The moon was as blood and the sun was as ashes. The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was scattered and all memory lost, save for one memory above all others; of those that had begun the Dark Wars."

"It shall once again come to pass that the shadow shall rise across the realm, darken every land, and there shall be neither light nor safety. Darkness shall be reborn, born once more as it was born before and shall be born again, time without end. And it that shall be born of the shadows, born of the ancient evil, shall stretch forth its hands, and the blood of the world will flow with death once more."[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Good work, dready! Though you realize I ran one guy into a wall for a KO, and the other guy is just pretending so as to save his own damn life... :p Still, works out quite well, and they'll be confused but appreciative. More strange behavior for our tale, I suppose...

Now it's Pretty's turn.

Uh, did Ceej save all of them in your post? or just the three still above the ground?
The last two are royally fucked...

shinya112.jpg

• t h eBASICS[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& SAY IT WITH ME °°° � Jyuura Jyuura
              & ALSO KNOWN AS °°° �Mysteria, Enigma, Myst, Mystik
              & IN NUMBERS °°° �It is a mystery to all including myself. Some who have seen my face believe that I am around 20.&
              ISN'T IT OBVIOUS °°° � It is rumored that I am a man due to my ruthless attitude on the battlefield. It is said that I am a female because of my soft angelic voice and gentle nature towards things that I like, like animals.
              & GIMME SOME OF THAT °°° �Women, men...there's no difference to me. All that matters is that they can please me when the time comes.

& SNEAK A PEEK °°° �Come see my true identity What I wear most of the time.
              & BRINGING SEXY BACK °°° â?º Jyuura has eyes the color of darkness that reflects peopleâ??s fears and deepest fantasies. He has silky lips which are a deep maroon color that are often slightly, curved giving the illusion of happiness to others. His face is rarely seen for it is covered by a white hood which overshadows it only allowing people to see his chiseled [which takes on a slightly feminine look] jaw and sensual lips.

Jyuura wears a long cloak like outfit that covers up his frame making it hard for people to determine his sexuality. Underneath all of that is a slender frame molded with muscles which often drives, who he chooses to lie down with, to grow simply hysterical with arousal.

When Jyuura isnâ??t hiding his identity his eyes take on a settle honey brown which enhances his soft caramel milk colored skin. His nails are long often mistaken for clawsâ??or blades of some sort . They arenâ??t often seen for his sleeves are considerably long dangling down passed his hips. They donâ??t usually come out unless heâ??s fightingâ??or seriously pissed.

• d e e p e rLOOK[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& UNDERNEATH THE LAYERS °°° â?ºJyuuraâ??s personality often varies so it is not clear to anyone just who he is. Sometimes heâ??s kindhearted, and other times he can be a coldhearted being. It all depends on if heâ??s in favor of something or someone or totally against it for whatever reason heâ??s conjured up in his mind. Most of the time though, he keeps a rather nonchalant or stoic air to himself that keeps people wondering just whatâ??s going on in that head of his.

Heâ??ll kill for no reason and often protect stuff without a cause. He swears allegiance to no one and even though it seems heâ??s on your side he might not be--in other words heâ??s unpredictable. Heâ??s also quite unreliable; unless he shows to you he isnâ??t by allowing you to see his true identity. Only then can you consider him a trusted friend. But even then you can't trust them because if you get on his bad side he'll strike you down for knowing what he looks like not because you pissed him off--he considers the person unworthy of witnessing his divine beauty and should parish.

& WHAT HAS SHAPED ME °°° �Jyuura's past was a rocky one. Born into a family of rogue magic wielders he was an outcast at birth. While giving birth to Jyuura his mother died from extreme loss of blood. She was a beloved member of the tribe and so, for killing his mother the infant was left to die. An innocent bystander took the infant and decided to raise him as her own naming him Jyuura.

The older he got the more he realized just how different he was from the people around him. Jyuura's divine beauty and unusual powers had always scared the townspeople. They claimed he was a demon in an angel's body always saying cruel things about him claiming he was going to be the death of them all. Jyuura's mother was murdered by a mob believing if they killed the one thing he was attached to that he would just disappear. It only pissed him off and he ended up slaughtering the whole village with his destructive powers.

Jyuura tried to live peacefully in many villages and one after another he was resented. No matter if her were kind or just in the shadows people hated him. He took on multiple personalities trying to make people like him which explains his personality. He finally gives up and throws on a cloak hiding his true form roaming the lands searching for a purpose in a world which seemed to hate him wherever he went.

Thousands of years after Twilight was imprisoned a mysterious visitor pays him a visit and bestows upon him a task that is his 'destiny' or 'purpose' in life which he will follow through until the end of his days. This mysterious visitor is from the Twilight cult, a band of beings on a mission to free the God.
                          & MY THOUGHTS °°° �Whatever my purpose is in life I will follow it to the end. If my purpose is to help the gods so be it. If it is to help Twilight then let it be. Whatever it may be I will follow through.

& YES PLEASE °°° �Sunrises
                          Sunsets
                          The night sky
                          Himself
                          Nature
                          Animals
                          Sexual encounters
                          & NO THANK YOU °°° �Unwanted conflicts
                          & GUT WRENCHING °°° �Not being loved or appreciated when he does something for a person
                          & ENJOYING °°° �Watching sunsets, sunrises, nature, drinking,roaming the lands, fighting, enhancing his magic and combating skills.
                                    • e t cETC[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& HACK & SLASH °°° � His nails that he can retract at will.
                                      A staff with a blade that resembles a katana when pulled apart.

Jyuura Jyuura wields a magic book of ancient spells which he uses to combat with other than his staff[sword] and nails. His most common spells consist of elemental magic, barrier spells, and spells that enhance his abilities. He usually doesnâ??t use his barrier spells because heâ??s not too fond on protecting people. Heâ??s not too keen on using the elements of light and darkness because he finds that they take up far too much time to do, and he hasnâ??t honed his skills in the two areas to control their immense power like he does the other elements.
                                      & TUNE IN °°° �Boukokukakusei
                                      & COLOR ME °°° �Thisand this
                                      & PUPPETEER °°° � V a l e n t i n e [/quote]

Here is Malak
warrior_in_the_dark_by_heise-1.jpg

• t h eBASICS[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& SAY IT WITH ME °°° �Malak Kreed
              & ALSO KNOWN AS °°° â?ºLord Kreed, The Master, Twilightâ??s hand, The Dark prophet.
              & IN NUMBERS °°° �I am older than I look...
              & ISN'T IT OBVIOUS °°° � DO I look like a woman to you?!
              & GIMME SOME OF THAT °°° �Men or Women, my tastes are varied, my desire insatiable, both fall to my allure just as easily.

& SNEAK A PEEK °°° � Behold, my perfection The robes of the high priest of Twilight (worn rarely)
              & BRINGING SEXY BACK °°° �
              The High Priest of Twilight is a man of almost unnatural beauty, tall and graceful in shape, yet still toned, and retaining his masculinity. Broad shoulders and toned muscles cover define his shape and give him his form. Malakâ??s face is dominated by angular features, a strong jaw and gaunt cheeks accented by soft, sensual lips, sometimes curved upwards in a soft smile, other times down in a scowl. Malakâ??s soft pale skin is accented by his dark hair and the color of his eyes, a soft violet color that is hereditary to his now dead people. Malak usually wears an occasional decoration in his hair, but for the most part leaves it loose and long, able to flow freely over his shoulders. Malak possesses angelic features, soft facial features magically enhanced to make him all that more attractive.

Malak is not ashamed of his body, and and the clothing he wears often shows that. He wears an outfit that shows off his muscular upper body and leaves little to the imagination as the High priest of Twilight. Malak's outfit consists of calf length boots and a set of robes that keep his naughty bits out of sight. The clothing consists of a pair of pants with legs covered by golden armor. Over those are flowing cloth bits

• d e e p e rLOOK[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& UNDERNEATH THE LAYERS °°° â?º Malak may be pretty, but beauty is only skin deep, inside, Malak Kreed is not so beautiful... A being of passion and lust Malak has no fear of using his body to get at what he wants; at times Malak is a charming manipulator and a skilled leader, capable of bringing others into twilightâ??s corrupting influence. Deep inside him Malak holds a burning hatred for humanity, spending much of his time as a child a slave to masters who abused and mistreated him.

Malak appears calm and collected in his usual mood, a calm, sweet smile on his lips and a light to his violet eyes that does not exist in most mortal men. He holds himself proudly, though not on the point of arrogance, Malak doesnâ??t bother hiding his emotions, when he is angry, he acts angry, when he is happy, he acts happy. He is charismatic and charming most of the time, speaking often, a leader and a warrior by nature.

Malak is a skilled deceiver, able to weave lies and charm into his speech, all too easily fooling common peoples, and even not easily detected by those who can do so, he is able to manipulate with ease, using peopleâ??s desires and fears against them and destroying them from the inside out, breaking their spirits before he tears the soul from their body. He uses words as weapons and as aides to his comrades in Twilightâ??s cult as their high priest, boosting morale and leading them in battle.

Malak follows twilight's commands by his own will, he is completely and utterly devoted to the god of corruption, who granted him power to free himself from his miserable position, he will do anything to free his master, even if it means killing himself in the process. Malak possesses a will that could make even Iron willed priests of the good gods balk. He operates purely out of love and devotion to his god, completely free of twilightâ??s will, a true follower of the dark god. Malak is also devoted to the practices of his necromancy, always experimenting with dark magics and undead, always trying more gruesome and sadistic experiments.

& WHAT HAS SHAPED ME °°° � Malak's orgins are for the most part unknown, they say that he was brought across the sea as a slave as a child, born into a life of slavery, a young boy with angelic looks and beautiful violet eyes sold for countless piles of gold at auctions, the boy was sold off to the highest bidder, a rich nobleman, a collector of artifacts, known for abuse, and the untimely deaths of most of his slaves. For some time The Violet Eyed Boy lived with his master, who was not a kind master. The boy was abused and spurned in favor of the master's already present children, fed only scraps from their meals and whipped regularly by overseers when he failed to do his chores, making him sleep with the dogs outside at night, even sexually abused by the mistress and her eldest daughter. The boy was frail and weak, But that did not stop the brutal, cruel man from delivering beatings on a regular basis, damaging the boy's perfect body each time. The man's family also hated the foreign boy for his beauty, often taking steps to make his life miserable.The boy was a wreck of course, kept in this state so the cruel lord and his family could relish his state, and use him as a punching bag.

Then the boy became a teen. At night the began to have dreams, dreams of a dark place, dark dreams that lead to him whispering dark truths in his sleep, dreams of a dark voice speaking to him, beckoning him One day, after a particularly gruesome beating the boy fled into the basement of the castle, where the previous lords were buried, the catacombs beneath the castle and by accident found a passageway that had been forgotten for centuries.

The boy entered the passageway, the stone wall slamming shut behind him, and strange crystals on the walls lead him deeper into the long forgotten chambers beneath the castle. Deep down the bruised, scarred, and battered boy found the laboratory, the den of a necromancer who had departed long ago, leaving behind all his mortal possessions, and his corpse, mummified and reanimated, waiting for a successor, inside was a shrine,

At first, the slave was terrified, he was a child with no name, and here, in this place, amongst all this knowledge, he couldn't help it but become curious. The boy explored the place, passing through that seemed to be cells of some kind, then through libraries of dark magics. He would learn that this place once belonged to a necromancer named Malachai, a man who centuries before attempted to take over the world but was repelled by valiant heroes who trapped him in his castle. Malachai vanished before the heroes could vanish, but the source of his power was destroyed, making him lose control of his armies.

The young slave boy stayed in that place, and he began to learn, dark secrets being passed to him through strange whispers. The boy moved to the sanctuary of the shrine, a single object sitting upon the altar, a glove, marked with the sign of twilight. The boys curiosity lead him to slip the device over his right hand, the glove clamped onto the boy's arm, sharp teeth biting into his arm as the device fastened itself to the boy's arm. As the single demonic eye now on the back of his hand opened, The slave boy's mind was overcome with voices, visions flashing before his eyes. Visions of Twilight, visions of his return, when the gauntlet latched itself onto his arm the old necromancer awakened, and took the boy as his successor.

Down there, the boy learned, he spent weeks in the shrine, learning from his new masters, learning the art of the dead. When he returned he had changed, no longer the pathetic beaten boy. His an overseer almost immediately flew into a rage and stormed towards him, but stopped when the young male met him halfway. The eye on the Hand of Twilight opened and the gauntlet latched onto the man's face The master could only unleash a scream as his soul was ripped from his body by the teenager. The guards stormed the room, allowing the master to escaped, thouth they were attacked by their leader, the budding necromancer cackling as he moved his fingers, controling the body as if it were a puppet, hands aglow with green energy as the corpse of the man who tormented him rose, angry spirits emerging from the floor as well to defend their new master.

That night screams echoed through the castle as men, women and children were slaughtered, a dark shadow spreading out from the castle and overtaking the surrounding town. The guards faught valiantly to hold the castle, but whenever one fell, he would rise again, undead to attack his comrades. The castle was taken over, but the village spared. The budding Necromancer had finally taken a name, Malak, the bringer of darkness. Malak's revenge was finally complete when his undead minions broke down the door to the top of the tower and the necromancer walked in, dressed in new, flowing robes as he approached the man and women who had made his life miserable, depriving him of the most basic human rights. The necromancer used his new powers to steal the life from their bodies, his scars vanishing, his bruises healing as he watched them wither and die, taking their beauty and adding to his own.

With no life left in the castle, Malak took over, setting off to enforce Twilight's will. Over time he rebuilt the castle, and took over as it's new lord, explaining that the family had died of a plauge, and that they had granted him lordship of the castle. Malak's activities since then are shrouded in mystery.

& MY THOUGHTS °°° ��Twilight shall be free, I will kill, steal, lie, manipulate, cheat, seduce, even beg to see my dream realized and Twilight walks free. My God will reign supreme, and when he is free, the pathetic pretenders that call themselves the good gods will burn with his wrath.�

& YES PLEASE °°° �Twilight
                          Pleasure
                          Experiments
                          Combat
                          Power
                          A challenge

& NO THANK YOU °°° �
                          Strong willed individuals
                          Extremely snotty individuals

& GUT WRENCHING °°° �Losing control
                          The thought of being enslaved again
                          Cats

& ENJOYING °°° � Being in control
                          Manipulating others
                          Seducing/corrupting others (He also becomes impressed when others attempt to seduce him)
                          Using the Hand of Twilight
                          Experimenting with magic
                          Killing others
                          Enforcing Twilightâ??s will
                                    • e t cETC[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& HACK & SLASH °°° â?ºMalak prefers to avoid personal, open combat when possible, often using his words and minions first unless he believes his enemy is worth fighting or somehow that enemy actually reaches him. When Malak does fight, he fights unarmed or with his Greatsword. Malak is a skilled hand to hand fighter, his strength and speed augmented by Twilightâ??s blessing and with The Hand of Twilight. Malak rarely charges blindly into enemy lines, but when he does charge, he is exceptionally deadly.

The Hand of Twilight- The Hand of Twilight is a powerful, ancient artifact of evil power that Malak wears. The hand takes the form of a long black gauntlet, worn on Malakâ??s right arm; The Hand covers his hand and forearm, all the way up to the elbow. The upper part of the glove appears to be made of thin black metal that fits the skin so smoothly and tightly it appears to be a glove, in no way bulky or cumbersome, with craftsmanship that almost rivals that of the elves of Greatwood. The gauntletâ??s hand is even more unique, on the back of the hand is a large, demonic looking eye seemingly embedded in it, the eye on the back of the hand remains closed when inactive, but when it opens, the gloveâ??s power is activated. The fingers are long and sleek, matching Malakâ??s fingers perfectly, though when activated the fingers can grow into deadly talons, increasing the weaponâ??s already terrifying look. The Hand seems to be able to change shape, growing bladelike attachments at its userâ??s will when activated. In its activated state the eye glows and lines run through the glove, ritual designs highlighted in blood red cover the glove. The Hand of Twilight has numerous powers, aside from giving him a great defense and offence in unarmed combat, The Hand vastly increases Malakâ??s strength, allowing him to wield his blade with a single hand, it increases his magical skills and overall makes him a deadly fighter.

The hand of twilight has also displayed other abilities, more terrifying ones. Using The Hand Malak is able to grab a living being and drain the life force from them, rapidly aging them until they are nothing but bones and ash, Malak has also been seen tearing the soul from a human being who angered him, though it is unknown if that was part of The Handâ??s power or Malakâ??s necromancy that did that. Other powers that The Hand possesses are unknown. There is a rumor amongst the followers of Twilight that The Hand is not actually an ancient weapon, but Malakâ??s own right arm, given to him by Twilight himself, as Malak is never seen without it (Usually keeping it in Glove form) The Hand has its inherent weaknesses too, of course it has an extremely short range in order to work, leaving Malak vulnerable to ranged attack nearly at all times, it also makes it difficult to fight more heavily armed enemies, and nearly impossible to fight multiple enemies. One on one however, Malak Creed is deadly.

Greatsword- he greatsword is a massive blade that Malak wields against lesser foes and unarmed enemies, even in one hand due to his enhanced strength. The blade is nearly as tall as Malak is and is nearly a foot in width, several centimeters thick. The use of this weapon is more decorative than anything, but Malak will often use it to dispatch numerous lesser foes. Since its weight is more than enough to cleave most foes in half with a single blow. Against a fast or strong opponent Malak will simply discard the sword and fight unarmed, since it is far too slow to use against a skilled swordsman

Black magic: While not quite weapons, Malak is a master Necromancer, his ability to summon and control undead is nearly unparalleled, Necromancy is primarily used to summon minions, like his Revenant Swordsman bodyguards and greater or lesser undead. Necromancy isnâ??t that incredibly useful offensively, though it possesses poison based spells. Malak loves forbidden magic, especially summoning spells for daemons and monsters, though the stronger the monster, the weaker it leaves Malak (He does have to stab himself after all)

Dagger- A dagger, Malak cuts himself with it for rituals, if he used it in combat, the damage would be completely insignificant.

& TUNE IN °°° �
                                      & COLOR ME °°° �
                                      & PUPPETEER °°° �

Thank you, it was a bitch describing his weapons and powers.
He is a necromancer with an evil glove, nuff said ^.^
I intend to have him mostly use minions to fight, as a leader, though if he has to he can use the hand.
I also like the idea of him not having a name for a few years, I think perhaps the family called him "Dog" or something to debase him.

oh oh oh, call him something cooler yet intimidating, like fluffy. :3

speaking of which: man he's going to kick Ceej's ass. D:

Hm, Dog was what the family who owned him called him before he took his master's name (It is in the bio)

He is going to leave most people he meets in a bad condition, but why CJ in particular?

Midnight said:
Hm, Dog was what the family who owned him called him before he took his master's name (It is in the bio)

He is going to leave most people he meets in a bad condition, but why CJ in particular?
Ceej sacraficed the ability to turn undead or banish them as well, that and his high damage attacks deal negative energy as well. D: so actually he would bolster undead more than injure them. >.>

speaking of which: i think that the bad guy i'd run would be a warforged who became a lord of blades but wished to become a reforged instead. unfortunately he ended up becoming such because he couldn't gain any sort of controll over his urge to his emotions. :3 so think a barbarian fighter mixture. ^^

Explain?
How would negative energy help the undead? Blowing up a zombie is still blowing up a zombie, after all, they are just magically reanimated corpses. The Revenants that protect Malak are special, Beings that had literally been brought back from the dead before pledging service to him. Malak tends to use famous heroes for this purpose, they are a special kind of undead.

Also, I would try to avoid having too many barbarian-types on the evil side, since subtlety may be needed quite a bit.

well undead come from negative energy, since healing is positive and inflicting is negative. >.>

as for the barbarian sorta thing for a warforged wouldn't have him being completely uncontrollable, he'd refrain from such actions though if unable to he would fall into the darkness temporarily and be a dark lord of blades. :3

I prefer to leave the light/dark duality out of necromancy and undead, but nevermind, the trope is so rooted deep in fantasy that it would be pointless to argue >.>

I have no idea what a warforged is.

The story of this role-play intrigues me. I think I may have a character for this that'd fit perfectly. I'll dig into my mental rolodex of characters to see if I can bring him up and create a profile for the bloke.

here's a warforged in the midst of repair, though tis the basic vision of the 'forged that exist.

warforged6.jpg

In the Eberron world, a mysto-technic setting, the Warforged were created as battle golems, but grew more sophisticated as they had to cope with more complexity, until finally many achieved some kind of sentience. They are essentially mystical androids. It's possible that the magic level in this particular RP doesn't support widespread Forged presence, but a few special individuals could easily be justified...

the 'forged were also in DnD as accidentally sentient battle machines who cared for others around them whilst attempting to find their own version of a soul. ^^

Back
Top Bottom