Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For Whom the Darkness Parts [Med/Fant roleplay. OOC]

prettylykSIN

Supernova
        • In the land of Terre A'nglis, evil if stirring. Evil in its most abhorred and terrifying form. Twilight, the God of Curruption, is awakening in the prison he was sealed in at the beginning of humanity by the other Gods for fear he would destroy their newest Children. Thousands of years later, he is awakening and his followers are intent on freeing him completely.

The Gods are still too weak to reseal Twilight's prison or kill him should he escape, so instead they choose a few Mortals to do it for them, blessing them with miraculous gifts and powers and a promise to grant their hearts' desires once they seal Twilight away.

The chosen Mortals must find each other and band together to stop Twilight, but can they forget their differences, put away their love, disown their hopes of a future, and forfeit their lives for this task? What happens when one of their chosen takes the path to free Twilight? Only you can decide the fate of Terre A'ngelis.

• Omei had seen mountains lower than these misnamed Snowy Hills, great lopsided heaps of half-buried boulders, webbed with steep twisting passes. A number of those passes would have given a goat pause. You could travel three days through the lush forests and snow-covered meadows without seeing a single sign of Mortal habitation. This was the Roof of the World, a place that would soon become legendary.

She glanced at the others that crowded the rift between the mountains. All looked fearful and nervous, casting brief glances at a tall steel cage in the center of them all. No, they looked at its contents. The man in the cage caught and held Omei's eyes. She was not close enough to see the man's face, as She had wanted to, but suddenly She thought She was as close as She cared for. The prisoner was a tall man, with long, dark hair falling around his broad shoulders. He held Himself upright with one hand on the bars over His head. His clothes seemed ordinary, a cloak and coat and breeches that would not have caused comment in any farming village. But the way He wore them. The way He held Himself. Twilight was a God in every inch of Him. The cage might as well not have been there. He held Himself erect, head high, and looked over the other Deities as if They had come to do Him honor. And where ever His gaze swept, there the others fell silent, staring back in a mixture of fear and disgust.

"Did we make the right choice, Gallues?" Vexed with Herself, Omei grimaced. She shouldn't be acting like a Mortal and letting Her mindless tongue flap in the breeze. The decision was made. It had been on Her mind though. She was not so unconcerned as She wanted to be.

Galleus, the Skylord as Mortals called him, glanced at Her. "The other choices only held different risks, not lesser." The Skylord considered Her for a moment before placing a hand on Her shoulder. "We must do this, Omei. For our Children." Omei nodded, reluctantly.

The others were forming a circle around the steel cage. It was time. Omei and Galleus joined them and completed the circle. The air crackled and sparked with the combined power of Their joining. Every head was bowed, as though in prayer. Twilight stirred now, eyes growing large as He stared at His fellow Deities. As the air seemed to harden and crush the cage, Twilight threw back His head and laughed.

It was the last sound He was to make again. A mountain, taller than any other in Terre A'nglis rose from were Twilight once stood, rising farther and farther into the sky, past the clouds. The roar of the earth being up heaved was deafening to any Mortal.

Finally, the earth became silent and was still. The Deities were gone, back to their homes to rest. Some carrying the bodies of those who had used too much of their power and were now as dead as a Mortal being.
              [/list:u][/list:u]

"The shadow fell upon the land, and the world was cleaved stone from stone. The oceans fled, the mountains were consumed, and the lands were wrought with death. The moon was as blood and the sun was as ashes. The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was scattered and all memory lost, save for one memory above all others; of those that had begun the Dark Wars."

"It shall once again come to pass that the shadow shall rise across the realm, darken every land, and there shall be neither light nor safety. Darkness shall be reborn, born once more as it was born before and shall be born again, time without end. And it that shall be born of the shadows, born of the ancient evil, shall stretch forth its hands, and the blood of the world will flow with death once more."[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Well, I lost my whole big inspired explanation so I will do by best to redo it.

As I was saying Malak wouldn't really need fake smiles if the smiles are actually real. Meebo is useful, and probably better company than most other mortals to Malak. Malak would actually like Meebo, his simple mind coupled with his lack of compassion make him a good weapon, but his innate tactical abilities make him far more useful to him. Malak may be a good leader, but he is a terrible tactician, and having meebo to tell him where it would be advantagous to summon things would make an effective team. Malak would reward Meebo's violent tendencies too with praise or treats, since being simple he should be fairly easy to please.

Malak isn't your typical supervillian type. As I mentioned he always speaks softly and calmly and has a strong aura of charisma and grace, not to mention the whole incubus thing he has going on. If he wanted Meebo to do something he would likely approach him, lay a hand on his shoulder and ask him politely to kill those people over there, perhaps giving the reason that they want to hurt him, or, if he is feeling sadistic that they want to hurt Whyn. Then he would probably reward or praise him for the resultant bloodshed. He isn't hateful or malicious towards his followers since he needs them, and even if he hates somebody, he can act like otherwise easily. Malak's behavior varies depending on who he is with, their insecurities, their desires, kind of the way he used the Magic User's need for a purpose to sway him to his cause.

Malak's relationship with Meebo, he would likely think of him as valued, due to his usefulness, he would act kind towards him, actually liking him compaired to the facade he maintains with Whyn. He also wouldn't be afraid of him, unlike most people that Meebo is used to. Hell, Malak could even act Fatherly towards Meebo, like he does Whyn, he could have even been the one who found and took him in. (As I mentioned, Malak is a lot older than he looks)

Just throwing out ideas, as stated, brainstorming is good :3.

Heads up... it's been 3 days since Dready posted something, and I haven't been counting the small 1 on 1 convo between Sal and Gen (though it's been 3 days since that, too). So in the next couple of days, I think it's Lucy's turn, and if she declines to take it by Saturday, then on Sunday, Vince can go ahead and do something.

it's realy been 3 days? O-o *goes to check and possibly post* if i don't reply within the next ten minutes of this post then i'm unable to find anything to post in reply to for the time being.

I was waiting for someone else to post since I rather not flood a page with just a one n one whenever possible, but if not, I'll post something by tonight.

If not I can have Vince go again when I get back from dinner *Has nothing better to do*

I see no problem with the villian bit, though we may want to wait for pretty before we all skip ahead.

There is that five day guideline, and at last report, she was out with CJ, so I'd be counting from CJ's last post. Far as has been posted, only Gen and Sal went into the stable, for the usual information dump (which Lucy would probably want to skip, anyway). So I would reason that Vince can post with impunity at this point, and we can always start something with our villains, as they're on a parallel storyline thread.

i can't decide: warforged fiendcaster, or warforged dragoon... btw, the fiendcaster is just a sorcerer who took a few spots in barbarian as the dragoon is a fighter specialized with the spear and hit and run tactics. >.>

kay. i'm thinking of either having his pole-arm of choice being a halbred or the glaive, since a spear is usually not as nasty looking when it's been in multiple combats. :3

you could always invent a new kind of pole-arm.
*Shrug*
I know who my second goodie will be already.

hm... oh oh oh! a longstaff scythe sounds evil. tis like a double piercing weapon, one with a stab and the other with a slash while being able to trip and hook onto things. ^^

I figure it's been enough time, it's freeposting time, so I went ahead and moved us forward. At this point, order is determined by whoever next feels like they want to post.

One request: could we keep any major fight scenes off until after March? Pretty doesn't "do" March, and she's our primary fighter, in terms of physical combat. It'd be a shame not to let her do her thing.

However, in-depth conversations around the campfire, observations from the road, building a sense of environment as we travel; that's all acceptable. Let's see what we can do, hm?

I am starting Malak in the 'Deadlands" (Nabarus) in his castle. We could use this for bad guy development time. I am thinking of perhaps having Malak call Val's Magic User back to his Keep since I am guessing since he is sheltering Meebo and Canvas's character they should be there too

• t h eBASICS[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& SAY IT WITH ME °°° � Selo Golna Swiftness
              & ALSO KNOWN AS °°° � Swift-Feet
              & IN NUMBERS °°° � I am 18
              & ISN'T IT OBVIOUS °°° � I am male
              & GIMME SOME OF THAT °°° � Men, women? What is the difference...we all die.

& SNEAK A PEEK °°° � at how I look.
              & BRINGING SEXY BACK °°° � No matter what the situation is, Selo will always wear his bandanna around his eyes. He has never let anyone see his eyes, and has never remembered a time when he has 'seen' anyone through them. His hair, despite any form of gravity or wind, rests the same position, and he has always kept his natural tone of dirt brown. Selo's favorite form of dress would be an open jacket with a pair of pants and a belt, hardly ever wearing armor or a shirt of any form. Around his mid-teens he put the scar of a cross on his cheek, having killed the one person he believed he would always love, and they may have also carved the way for his personality now.

• d e e p e rLOOK[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& UNDERNEATH THE LAYERS °°° � A nearly cold and heartless out look at life and others around him, Selo tends to be a loner of sorts. He isn't evil, just that he lost the connection to love when he was younger, and believes he will never truly love again, but is always open to see if someone can bring it out in him. Selo tends to be silent, and will talk when he finds it needed to, or when he finds the person he is speaking with is close enough a friend to hear his words. He never thinks he is better than anyone, and in sorts, he thinks him self lesser than most around him, though he never lets it diminish his true potentials.
                          & WHAT HAS SHAPED ME °°° � As a child, Selo would train in fighting styles mainly calling upon his body, then later study magics under the dark arts. He soon would form a combination of the two, but some incident that has wiped him of his memories before the event also blinded him. He soon learned of other ways to 'see' the world around him. As a teen he fell in love with a more then common girl, but soon got into a fight with some thugs, and in this fight he unleashed one of his more powerful abilities, which he now forsakes, and killed the thugs, along with his lover. After the incident, he carved a cross into his cheek as a reminder of the event, and now only goes to such spells if that is the only thing he can do. When becoming an adult, her started to study more arts of magic, delving ever deeper into the dark arts.
                          & MY THOUGHTS °°° � What should it matter what I think happens amongst beings I have no power over. My thoughts of the matter of destruction and chaos is to let it go as is, life can not survive with chaos, and chaos can not survive with out life, that is the natural order.

& YES PLEASE °°° �
                          Shadows
                          Death
                          Darkness
                          Chaos
                          Life
                          Light
                          Order
                          Battle
                          & NO THANK YOU °°° �
                          Peace
                          Unbalance
                          Gods
                          Companions
                          & GUT WRENCHING °°° �
                          Love
                          & ENJOYING °°° �
                          Learning
                          Fighting
                          Wandering
                                    • e t cETC[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& HACK & SLASH °°° � His magic, body, and a short sword with two blades(both on one end) he has in a sheath on the back of his belt.
                                      & TUNE IN °°° � Seether, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, and Slipknot songs
                                      & COLOR ME °°° � Crimson and Purple
                                      & PUPPETEER °°° � Dream_Reaver, other words also known as Selo

He mainly has an apathetic look on things.

(EDIT instead of making a new post)
May I ask what the position or general area everyone is in?
Or lemme guess, it is gona be one of those read the posts?

Back
Top Bottom