Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For Whom the Darkness Parts [Med/Fant roleplay. OOC]

prettylykSIN

Supernova
        • In the land of Terre A'nglis, evil if stirring. Evil in its most abhorred and terrifying form. Twilight, the God of Curruption, is awakening in the prison he was sealed in at the beginning of humanity by the other Gods for fear he would destroy their newest Children. Thousands of years later, he is awakening and his followers are intent on freeing him completely.

The Gods are still too weak to reseal Twilight's prison or kill him should he escape, so instead they choose a few Mortals to do it for them, blessing them with miraculous gifts and powers and a promise to grant their hearts' desires once they seal Twilight away.

The chosen Mortals must find each other and band together to stop Twilight, but can they forget their differences, put away their love, disown their hopes of a future, and forfeit their lives for this task? What happens when one of their chosen takes the path to free Twilight? Only you can decide the fate of Terre A'ngelis.

• Omei had seen mountains lower than these misnamed Snowy Hills, great lopsided heaps of half-buried boulders, webbed with steep twisting passes. A number of those passes would have given a goat pause. You could travel three days through the lush forests and snow-covered meadows without seeing a single sign of Mortal habitation. This was the Roof of the World, a place that would soon become legendary.

She glanced at the others that crowded the rift between the mountains. All looked fearful and nervous, casting brief glances at a tall steel cage in the center of them all. No, they looked at its contents. The man in the cage caught and held Omei's eyes. She was not close enough to see the man's face, as She had wanted to, but suddenly She thought She was as close as She cared for. The prisoner was a tall man, with long, dark hair falling around his broad shoulders. He held Himself upright with one hand on the bars over His head. His clothes seemed ordinary, a cloak and coat and breeches that would not have caused comment in any farming village. But the way He wore them. The way He held Himself. Twilight was a God in every inch of Him. The cage might as well not have been there. He held Himself erect, head high, and looked over the other Deities as if They had come to do Him honor. And where ever His gaze swept, there the others fell silent, staring back in a mixture of fear and disgust.

"Did we make the right choice, Gallues?" Vexed with Herself, Omei grimaced. She shouldn't be acting like a Mortal and letting Her mindless tongue flap in the breeze. The decision was made. It had been on Her mind though. She was not so unconcerned as She wanted to be.

Galleus, the Skylord as Mortals called him, glanced at Her. "The other choices only held different risks, not lesser." The Skylord considered Her for a moment before placing a hand on Her shoulder. "We must do this, Omei. For our Children." Omei nodded, reluctantly.

The others were forming a circle around the steel cage. It was time. Omei and Galleus joined them and completed the circle. The air crackled and sparked with the combined power of Their joining. Every head was bowed, as though in prayer. Twilight stirred now, eyes growing large as He stared at His fellow Deities. As the air seemed to harden and crush the cage, Twilight threw back His head and laughed.

It was the last sound He was to make again. A mountain, taller than any other in Terre A'nglis rose from were Twilight once stood, rising farther and farther into the sky, past the clouds. The roar of the earth being up heaved was deafening to any Mortal.

Finally, the earth became silent and was still. The Deities were gone, back to their homes to rest. Some carrying the bodies of those who had used too much of their power and were now as dead as a Mortal being.
              [/list:u][/list:u]

"The shadow fell upon the land, and the world was cleaved stone from stone. The oceans fled, the mountains were consumed, and the lands were wrought with death. The moon was as blood and the sun was as ashes. The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was scattered and all memory lost, save for one memory above all others; of those that had begun the Dark Wars."

"It shall once again come to pass that the shadow shall rise across the realm, darken every land, and there shall be neither light nor safety. Darkness shall be reborn, born once more as it was born before and shall be born again, time without end. And it that shall be born of the shadows, born of the ancient evil, shall stretch forth its hands, and the blood of the world will flow with death once more."[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Alright.
I made a typo.

Anyhoo, Malak can call him to his tower to like show him a map of goldenlake and ask for troop positions or something. Otherwise you could have him come up on his own free will.
I also introduced Malak's revenant blackguard.

Midnight said:
Anyhoo, Malak can call him to his tower to like show him a map of goldenlake and ask for troop positions or something. Otherwise you could have him come up on his own free will.
I also introduced Malak's revenant blackguard.
You talking about calling my character?
And I am gona get to reading the posts soon....
I think I feel slightly insignificant now that I have seen how large the posts are...

WAIT. Dear god, I can edit my post.
Before you freak out at me just let me fix my errors, he isn't omniscient, okay, he is ordering people to watch the heroes, he just knows what direction they are heading, he doesn't know who he was trying to meet up with or anything, he doesn't know how they CAN seal up Twilight, I should have been more clear about that. if he came off as Omniscient or whatever, it certalny as hell wasn't intensional, so why do you get so mad about it.

EDIT:

I edited my post, I pretty much cut it in half, but I made it clear Malak doesn't know where the heroes are or where they are going, he just wants his minions to track them and find out where they are going. I don't want this to die, I admit I made a mistake, I tend to do that when my head gets too filled up with ideas, and it doesn't help to fly off the handle or blow up and quit just when someone makes a mistake that can easily be fixed by asking politely instead, I would have said "Woopsie", edited it and we would all move on..

See, my issue is, how the hell does he know about us in the first place? He can reasonably assume heroes will exist, but within 12 hours of the first two of us meeting up for the first time, he not only knew where we were but also who we were and where we were heading.

We were tapped by Gods; it's not like there's people involved to be bribed or tortured or mind-read. At this point, Twilight has only about as much power any any of the other Gods; that's why they have to act to cut him off early, before he wakes up. If they're of reasonably equal power at this point, then how can Twilight's precognition penetrate their defenses unless theirs can penetrate his? I've been trying to carefully play it so that, while Sal has insight into a lot of things, he doesn't know specifics about the enemy. He knows they exist, but not where they are or who they are.

You start playing that different, I'm going to be forced to, as well, for parity of power on each side, and I don't want to get into that kind of escalation. I'm feeling uncomfortable enough playing Sal with the information he has, I don't want to push that any further if I don't have to.

This is the kind of plot development you should have brought up to the group ahead of time.

Dude, I don't blame you personally; you're into the idea, and you've got a picture of the story you'd like to see in your head. More power to you; that's what we've all got. But we don't all have the same picture, and in a group effort, you've got to at least check with people for major things like that. The villains being already onto the heroes' trail is a complete game-changer; the tactics are utterly different if they're in prey mode rather than stalking mode. I probably would have had a different reaction if I could have had a hand in figuring out how and how much the one side might have known about the other. And yeah, strong reaction, for that I should probably apologize. But I'm not apologizing for the impulse.

alright, I can still change my posts, nothing is Edit: Permanent (Freaking spellcheck)
I guess I can just delete my post and try to come up with something different later, I have invested way too much into this to see it die.
Unfortunately I don't quite know what to do now. I had Malak command the magic users to find the heroes, whereever and whoever they are and try to figure things out, but if I need to I can remove that whole part and just have him tell him to return to the castle. I was working with what Val gave me.

Midnight said:
alright, I can still change my posts, nothing is Edit: Permanent (Freaking spellcheck)
I guess I can just delete my post and try to come up with something different later, I have invested way too much into this to see it die.
Unfortunately I don't quite know what to do now. I had Malak command the magic users to find the heroes, whereever and whoever they are and try to figure things out, but if I need to I can remove that whole part and just have him tell him to return to the castle. I was working with what Val gave me.
Well, how about this... how about he knows the Gods have been selecting heroes, and he wants everybody on alert. That way, both sides are aware of each other, but they don't know enough yet. They're both searching for more data; villains are greater in number but have a fixed place to be found, and the heroes are smaller, but pound for pound more powerful and are utterly mobile. If we keep the information gathering at a reasonable realistic level (both sides being protected from direct observation by their respective sponsors), then we can play up the information mystery.

So the heroes are out there, and he knows it. And given that, he's also about eliminating any traces, to make it harder for them to find him or a way to stop him. He has information (mystically or otherwise, your call) that there are people in Goldenlake that know too much. He may not be able to determine who (due to divine protection?), or maybe he just doesn't care to narrow it down, so he orders the destruction of the town. No living creature survives. This accomplishes the same story goal of making the heroes work for their information. How about the heroes show up in a couple of days as this is wrapping up? Maybe just after So they can have their first conflict? Then we can get a good action sequence or two out of it, as well.

Since he just ordered the hit on the town, it's still good for him to pull in Meebo to check his tactics: encirclement to avoid escapes and a methodical sweep-through to eliminate townsfolk.

After this, Malak will know the heroes are on the trail, and will have some idea of their capabilities from any survivors who fled the encounter (I'm presuming they'll be wading through some evil mooks and giving the few powerful villains a run for their money, and they'll have to be able to find SOMETHING they can use for the story to progress, so the villains will likely be beaten back, at least this time). In turn the heroes will know Malak is trying to cover his tracks, and that means the race is on. Neither will know what the other's next step is.

Hm, good idea. Honestly I never thought of the divine protection dealy. I could imagine the gods would get in the way badly even with Twilight's help.
The action sequence will likely be a slaughter of the baddies unless PCs or Revs are present. Undead may have great numbers, but the skeletal ones are nefariously easy to take down

Okay, I still like the idea of having bandits do the dirty work, but we could use Malak's undead instead.
That sounds like a good idea, I will start editing my post.
If I make any major fuckups like that in the future, just correct me. I am kind of slow when it comes to notice things like that.

Alright. I can also have a couple Revenants join them, They are Blackguard, they should pose a better deal of a threat than the other undead. It could be Meebo's advice that the bandits form a circle to catch potential survivors.

Oh, that's right! Meebo will be advising. Yeah, I can work in bandits. I'll work up a post for Meebo that will end in his asking what sorts of assets you have. Or, more likely "what guys do you have to play with?" or something. That way you can list out the kinds of troops, from bandits to skeletons to Revenants, etc. That'll let me know what I can do, but I think in general, that basic thought will work.

Yeah, I can have Malak ask Meebo where he should put the smelly guys...
XD
Yeah, I want Meebo to advise him, he can communicate the more complex orders to the Revenant through his mirror.

sorry guys, i forgot to post on here that i was starting college courses. i'll try to keep up once i've read through the posts if Ceej is still in the rp, but i wouldn't mind a quick recap on what's happened so far. ^^;

Pretty is back, should we get to continuing? We are heading to goldenlake, and it is day time (I think))

I was catching up on the story, rereading everything, and I had an idea. What if one of the magical sealing-type thingies is in Wo, the land that MM mentioned in one of his post, as well as more also out of country/kingdom. It would extend the work both baddies and goodies would have to do since neither is fully aware of the Seals yet and those other areas may or may not be well defended and hostile to both parties (The bad guys could perhaps already have one, but perhaps no idea what it does )

How many Seal locations do we have currently?

Back
Top Bottom