Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For Whom the Darkness Parts [Med/Fant roleplay. OOC]

prettylykSIN

Supernova
        • In the land of Terre A'nglis, evil if stirring. Evil in its most abhorred and terrifying form. Twilight, the God of Curruption, is awakening in the prison he was sealed in at the beginning of humanity by the other Gods for fear he would destroy their newest Children. Thousands of years later, he is awakening and his followers are intent on freeing him completely.

The Gods are still too weak to reseal Twilight's prison or kill him should he escape, so instead they choose a few Mortals to do it for them, blessing them with miraculous gifts and powers and a promise to grant their hearts' desires once they seal Twilight away.

The chosen Mortals must find each other and band together to stop Twilight, but can they forget their differences, put away their love, disown their hopes of a future, and forfeit their lives for this task? What happens when one of their chosen takes the path to free Twilight? Only you can decide the fate of Terre A'ngelis.

• Omei had seen mountains lower than these misnamed Snowy Hills, great lopsided heaps of half-buried boulders, webbed with steep twisting passes. A number of those passes would have given a goat pause. You could travel three days through the lush forests and snow-covered meadows without seeing a single sign of Mortal habitation. This was the Roof of the World, a place that would soon become legendary.

She glanced at the others that crowded the rift between the mountains. All looked fearful and nervous, casting brief glances at a tall steel cage in the center of them all. No, they looked at its contents. The man in the cage caught and held Omei's eyes. She was not close enough to see the man's face, as She had wanted to, but suddenly She thought She was as close as She cared for. The prisoner was a tall man, with long, dark hair falling around his broad shoulders. He held Himself upright with one hand on the bars over His head. His clothes seemed ordinary, a cloak and coat and breeches that would not have caused comment in any farming village. But the way He wore them. The way He held Himself. Twilight was a God in every inch of Him. The cage might as well not have been there. He held Himself erect, head high, and looked over the other Deities as if They had come to do Him honor. And where ever His gaze swept, there the others fell silent, staring back in a mixture of fear and disgust.

"Did we make the right choice, Gallues?" Vexed with Herself, Omei grimaced. She shouldn't be acting like a Mortal and letting Her mindless tongue flap in the breeze. The decision was made. It had been on Her mind though. She was not so unconcerned as She wanted to be.

Galleus, the Skylord as Mortals called him, glanced at Her. "The other choices only held different risks, not lesser." The Skylord considered Her for a moment before placing a hand on Her shoulder. "We must do this, Omei. For our Children." Omei nodded, reluctantly.

The others were forming a circle around the steel cage. It was time. Omei and Galleus joined them and completed the circle. The air crackled and sparked with the combined power of Their joining. Every head was bowed, as though in prayer. Twilight stirred now, eyes growing large as He stared at His fellow Deities. As the air seemed to harden and crush the cage, Twilight threw back His head and laughed.

It was the last sound He was to make again. A mountain, taller than any other in Terre A'nglis rose from were Twilight once stood, rising farther and farther into the sky, past the clouds. The roar of the earth being up heaved was deafening to any Mortal.

Finally, the earth became silent and was still. The Deities were gone, back to their homes to rest. Some carrying the bodies of those who had used too much of their power and were now as dead as a Mortal being.
              [/list:u][/list:u]

"The shadow fell upon the land, and the world was cleaved stone from stone. The oceans fled, the mountains were consumed, and the lands were wrought with death. The moon was as blood and the sun was as ashes. The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was scattered and all memory lost, save for one memory above all others; of those that had begun the Dark Wars."

"It shall once again come to pass that the shadow shall rise across the realm, darken every land, and there shall be neither light nor safety. Darkness shall be reborn, born once more as it was born before and shall be born again, time without end. And it that shall be born of the shadows, born of the ancient evil, shall stretch forth its hands, and the blood of the world will flow with death once more."[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Midnight said:
Golem seems to fit the bill better than android
Sigh. If you're going to be pedantic, yes. But golems are traditionally non-sentient automatae. Warforged gained sentience, and do that whole "looking for their humanity" thing that androids always do in the movies and TV. I was cross-referencing genres to come up with a readily-accessible example, and are you really saying you couldn't make that leap with me? Are you really saying you can't bridge that metaphorical gap to know what I'm talking about without having to correct me about the specific wording? Because changing up the specific wording... was the point.

I'm not trying to be insulting, but I had figured you'd keep up, and instead, you're harshing on me for doing exactly what I was trying to do, which also doesn't seem fair.

Who said I was harshing on you? I didn't mean any offense at all.
Just making a statement.
when I said Golem, I wasn't referring to sentience, but shape, Resembling a human male is what defines an android.

Anyhow, I shall get working on my post for Malak.
Crap, it is my turn isn't it?
Well, I will get to work then

I don't think I can finish my post until later.
Anyhoo, I will be plotting it while I am over at my friend's place.

45.jpg

• t h eBASICS[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& SAY IT WITH ME °°° � Wynessica Silverlight
              & ALSO KNOWN AS °°° � Enello Son Sanae Yuinonoa
              & IN NUMBERS °°° � She's no more than twenty to her race's lineage, but in humans years, she's just a year to 57.
              & ISN'T IT OBVIOUS °°° � Female inside and out.
              & GIMME SOME OF THAT °°° � "True hearts do not discriminate love by race, age, or gender."

& SNEAK A PEEK °°° � I feel I don't belong...

& BRINGING SEXY BACK °°° � Wynessica appears to be someone that could come from a painting or one's imagination. Shy blue eyes stare off with a sense of uncertainty underneath a mass of blond hair. Volumed, long, and straight, Wynessica's hair extends down pass her shoulder blades, a quality which confuses and leaves others dumbfounded. Her skin is a spread of perfect golden pale. The perfectly trimmed eyebrows, the small nose, the tiny thin lips, the thin waistline, and the nicely round face, it's hard to distinguish Wynessica from fantasy to reality.

She isn't very outstandingly tall for a female. 5 feet and 5 inches from the ground, it isn't very intimidating to enemies certainly. Then again, her overall persona isn't very scary either, so it isn't saying very much. Wynessica is slender and doesn't even consider her thin waistline or her small shoulders as something 'off'. Unlike most of the followers of Twilight, her presence gives off a gentle aura, obvious to her feelings of faith and compassion for all creatures. For her clothing, she doesn't follow the faith of his colors or his uniforms, preferring her own dress of blue and white with a black outfit underneath. She isn't garnished with many jewelry that refines her beauty, but she does wear a golden anklet that seems to hold significant value to her.

• d e e p e rLOOK[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& UNDERNEATH THE LAYERS °°° � Among the most precious aspect about her would be her Faith. Her race follows the god Anther, whom is Twilight's brother. However, Anther does not follow the same ways as Twilight, and was adopted by Wynessica's people. Her faith in Anther is strong, who teaches compassion a love, while pity and sorrow to their enemies. Her faith makes his mind calm and collected with high sense of respect toward everyone. She carries herself properly and greets everyone with a smile. She's unlike anyone who would follow the laws of the God of Corruption, as she's gentle, and much more friendly that anyone could be to anyone.

Wynessica's attentive, compassionate, respectful, and loyal. She's not free to chose her own decisions because she's chooses not to let the temptation of freedom and power to get a hold of her. This suggests her extremely high willpower, and her devotion. Her gentle behavior comes naturally to her, and is only reinforced by her Faith. Because she's good at explaining things, she seems wiser for her age. However she has problems expressing her feelings, especially when it comes to the matter of the heart. He's kind and gentle, being without discrimination or prejudice to anyone, thus endearing him to many, and to the disfavor of most of the Twilight followers.

& WHAT HAS SHAPED ME °°° � Though she has the appearance of a human, Wynessica is beyond the powers of a mere human. She's an Ondskian. Many years ago, this race of humanoids flourished just as humans did, working side by side with them to create the world as it is today. Ondskians, being the more magical and more nature-attuned than their human cousins stood as the foundation of tradition and culture, as humans worked the cities and the politics. Two thousand years ago, they were at the peak of power, worshiping their mighty god Anther, brother of Twilight. The Ondskian people rejoiced in their good life, until Twilight intervened. Posing as his brother, Twilight planted the seeds of corruption among those that had the highest influence in the world, causing the downfall of the Ondskians and the rise of anarchy and chaos. Most of the Ondskian people were wiped out over the pass thousand years, as they prayed for redemption from this life.

Their prayers were answered as Anther came back. He replied to his worshipers pleads and opened a portal to an entirely new world which the Ondskian people will rule over. This is where Wynessica's story had turned into a tragedy. Wynessica was a simple girl that lived with a simple family that did their best to stay out of trouble from the warring human nations and their new found discrimination to the Ondskian people (Humans since Twilight's imposturing of Anther, have blamed them for their fall). Wynessica was a faithful child, and was a favorite maiden among Anther. When he opened the portal to the next world, everyone immediately rushed inside, but just as Wynessica was about to enter the portal, she had forgotten her anklet, and snuck away to retrieve it. She was merely a child at the time, unable to understand the severity of her actions, as she went to fetch it. When she returned, she had found that the portal was closed, and she could no longer heard Anther's voice as he and the rest of his people were transported to the next world.

However, Anther did not forsake her. Though Anther could not reach her, he knew his brother could. While reluctant, he implored to him to save the child. Twilight was powerless to do anything himself since his imprisonment, but Midnight instead sent one of his minions to retrieve her. Plotting in his mind, Twilight believed he could use her power since she is the last remaining one of her people upon this world. So, he instructed that a deal should be made, without his brother's knowledge. In return for her services, when Twilight shall awaken, he promised her that he'll return her to her family.

Wynessica, still naive to a god's plot, accepted. And though she is still a bit inarticulate to what his activities are stirring, she helps him out whichever way she can.

& MY THOUGHTS °°° � "He promised me that he'll take me to my family. I have no choice but to accept..."
                          & YES PLEASE °°° � Faith : Love : Children : Family : Sunflowers
                          & NO THANK YOU °°° � Ice : Pain : Death : Faithless
                          & GUT WRENCHING °°° � Being unloved and unable to see her family again.
                          & ENJOYING °°° � Praying : Drawing : Playing the violin
                                    • e t cETC[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& HACK & SLASH °°° � Wynessica doesn't fight since her faith doesn't condone such activities. However, hidden deep in her soul, much power lies dormant within her. Most Ondskians are gifted with great magical powers over the elements around them, and though they are unpracticed, Wynessica definitely has the potential to match with the best of wizards. Ondskians do not require spellbooks or a magical artifact to act as a medium for their spells for their magic comes from within as raw force.
                                      & TUNE IN °°° � Rise above this perfect world...
                                      & COLOR ME °°° � Light gold && Serene sky
                                      & PUPPETEER °°° � Canvasofwhite

My bad character! A bit of the good person on the bad-side mixed with a bit of a princess sort of deal. But it's still what I came up with. I think a more docile character will be nice to play since I already have a character that is more dynamic and spontaneous, as well as a sort of chaotic character if you count Doma.

Honestly she seems like she would make a better good guy than bad guy, you know, due to the compassion for life and nature... It would make for some humorous situations, but if malak thinks she is useless, bad things will happen.

Could you send me a pm about what she can do?

Mind me, I like the character, unless of course there is more to it than the eye says?.

Her magical potential ought to be enough. It's right there in her profile; her race is known for their magical gifts. Plus, Twilight must want her around for a reason. It's right in her description, right in the Hack and Slash section.

Oooh, maybe she "hears" Twilight's voice more directly, so they keep her around and mollycoddle her and pretend they're not evil when she's about because she can give them a clearer version of their orders than most of Twilight's priests can? I mean, they get a cloudy version, and then she gets a sanitized version, and between the two drafts, they can come up with the actual orders... That would fit with the whole "hearing her God's voice" thing in her background...

She told me through Pm, I am fine with her now. She isn't going to fit in, and she has to be REALLY careful around malak, but in any case if Twilight wants her around, malak will keep her around.

Malak is likely going to use her for information gathering, or keep her behind the lines since she would be unwilling to kill, or even have her as a healer once her magical potential is tapped, I can imagine some of his followers are going to get boogered up at some time or another, and necromancy isn't all too useful at healing living beings.

Malak is Twilight's prophet, Twilight speaks directly to him (And sometimes through him) through The Hand, so she wouldn't really need that ability.

Re: For Whom the Darkness Parts [Literate Med/Fant roleplay.]

• t h eBASICS[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& SAY IT WITH ME °°° � Meebo

& ALSO KNOWN AS °°° � Idiot, Mush-brain, Killing Machine

& IN NUMBERS °°° � 26

& ISN'T IT OBVIOUS °°° � Male

& GIMME SOME OF THAT °°° � Straight

& SNEAK A PEEK °°° � No picture as yet; imagine Jeff Speakman with a bad haircut

& BRINGING SEXY BACK °°° � Meebo is tall, broad, and muscular, with a baritone voice that always seems gravelly, but that's largely because he barely uses it. He likes to exercise, so he does so every day. He also likes to fight, so the people who tend to him have invested in repairable battle golems, as he runs through live opponents too quickly.
                        • d e e p e rLOOK[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& UNDERNEATH THE LAYERS °°° � Meebo is intensely uncomplicated, largely because he doesn't display enough intelligence to have any complexity whatsoever. His happiness is child-like in its purity. His anger is swiftly dealt with, and then he is generally happy again. He will do anything She asks of him, and although he thinks he's being smooth and playing it cool, his adoration of Her is entirely clear to anyone who bothers to look. Which, given his environment, few people do.

& WHAT HAS SHAPED ME °°° � Meebo took his first human life at age 6. He had always been taunted for being slow in the head, and one of the nine-year-old ringleaders got sloppy, thinking that someone so big and stupid couldn't possibly move fast enough to be a threat. He was wrong, and paid with his life.

The village howled for blood, and Meebo's father, a widower with little motivation and few prospects, fled with his son. He taught Meebo the basics of living off the land in the coming years, and was thankful that he managed to drill at least that much into the boy's head before a dire wolf fell upon them one evening. The dire wolf got wounded as it ripped out Meebo's father's throat, and then Meebo killed it. Meebo was warm in wolf-skin that winter. He missed his father, but he followed what his father taught him, and lived. Sometimes animals would try and hurt him, so he killed them. Sometimes people would find him, and care for him. He liked people. But there was usually some point at which somebody would get mad at him, and try and attack him, so he killed them. Then he had to run away again.

Finally, somebody came and found him, and gave him clothes and food, like the others, but this time when he was attacked and killed somebody, they didn't get mad. In fact, they asked him to kill more people. And when he did, they were happy. They started asking his advice about things, sometimes, and he told them what he saw. Things like where the horsies should wait, and where the arrow guys should hide, in order to kill their targets. It was so obvious to him, he at first thought they were trying to trick him, but no, they wanted his opinion. He liked being with his friends, and for a while, those friends changed, but lately they've been the same. And then there was Her. And that's an entirely different story.

Meebo is an idiot savant of combat. He sees tactics and attacks and defense the way some of limited intellect see numbers; entirely instinctively, and with a clarity and capability far outstripping a normal person's. His body is honed as a weapon, certainly, but he doesn't rely on being the fastest or the strongest, but being RIGHT in where and how he attacks. And so far, he always has been. He learns fighting tricks and moves almost as soon as they are shown to him, is able to adjust tactics instantly based on any new capability or troop he knows he can use, but it takes him days to learn how to cope with a new pair of boots.

The essential nature of Meebo is that of any other fine weapon; he is deadly, but amoral. He is not capable of determining the rightness or wrongness of his actions. As with a weapon, it is up to the handler to determine to what ends he is put to, and it just so happens that the minions of Twilight got there first, albeit through several intermediaries. And for all his flaws and insufferable eternal child-ness, he's very valuable on the field of battle. He would normally be considered a general, but in actuality, he's used more like a resource, a book of tactics to be consulted or a weapon to be pointed at something you want destroyed.

His masters know how to handle him, how to be nice to him to get him to do what they want, but the one being in his current life who was just nice to him instantly and instinctively has been Wynessica, and as a result, he is hopelessly, fatally, "secretly" in love with her, and would do anything she asked, even above and beyond anyone else's commands.

& MY THOUGHTS °°° � Twilight. That's when day-time turns to night-time, right? Or is it when night-time turns to day-time? It's both? That makes me happy!

& YES PLEASE °°° � Happy people, tasty food, bunnies, Her.

& NO THANK YOU °°° � Angry people, cold, spiders.

& GUT WRENCHING °°° � Not really smart enough to fear too much, but gets nervous around large fires, and would panic when faced with an out-of-control fire.

& ENJOYING °°° � Carves crude figures of animals and people and things out of bits of wood and stone he finds.
                                    • e t cETC[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

& HACK & SLASH °°° � Anything he can pick up, he can kill with. He's practiced with every weapon he can find, and can use any of them effectively. Outside of actual combat, his handlers don't tend to let him walk around with weapons, as he's likely to knock things over or accidentally slash up the tapestries or something.

& TUNE IN °°° � Either "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" or some driving action-scene instrumental

& COLOR ME °°° � For sake of difference, I'd say green. Why not? And it'll be visible.

& PUPPETEER °°° � I'm Mr Master, and don't you forget it.

XDD
Awesome character.
Nice! I love him, and Malak will like him.
Blunt, not bright, but incredibly effective.
He brings up ideas in my evil little head too.

Well, he might noteven have to manipulate. It would seem Meebo would follow Malak anyway, since Malak is the one who allows him to fight and... more importantly, keeps him close to Her, who lives at his castle.

Yeah, but if he feels attacked, he'll basically just kill whoever's attacking him, and he's not all that good with thinking about consequences, as his history shows. And the whole reason you've got him around is because he's intensely good at that, so that's got to be a concern for anyone trying to handle him. And if you make him unhappy, even if he doesn't kill anybody he can sulk, like a frustrated three-year-old. Then you'll get NO work out of him.

He likes to fight because that's what he's good at, and everybody likes to feel they're doing something they're good at. But it's all the same to him if he's wandering around the wilderness, being attacked by animals, or being put on a battlefield. So that's not really as much of a draw as you might think.

You've got a point about allowing him to be close to Her, though. That's something you can leverage, but again, it might require a different touch than Malak is used to, depending on how you want to play Malak. I envision lots of fake smiles and barely restrained anger as he's forced to sound reasonable and supportive, and every perceptive person (i.e. everyone other than Meebo) can tell he'd rather rip the man apart, but he still needs him...

All I'm saying is, depending on how Malak usually operates, keeping Meebo useful and not killing important underlings might require a variation in his approach. Which is a good thing for us as players, because we get to do different things. I also see Meebo as sometimes comic relief, so that'll be something fun, as well...

I'm going into this up front, because if you do the usual supervillian barking orders to underlings thing at Meebo, he's not going to react positively, and our characters would already know that, so it's fair warning to the players, is all I'm doing. I'd rather our characters interact as if they already have known each other a while, and know how to deal with each other, but Meebo is pretty simple (in more ways than one) and not really capable of variation. Or subterfuge, for that matter. Therefore, if I want things to go believably, I have to tell everyone else on the bad side about it ahead of time.

Back
Top Bottom