Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For Whom the Darkness Parts [Med/Fant roleplay. OOC]

prettylykSIN

Supernova
        • In the land of Terre A'nglis, evil if stirring. Evil in its most abhorred and terrifying form. Twilight, the God of Curruption, is awakening in the prison he was sealed in at the beginning of humanity by the other Gods for fear he would destroy their newest Children. Thousands of years later, he is awakening and his followers are intent on freeing him completely.

The Gods are still too weak to reseal Twilight's prison or kill him should he escape, so instead they choose a few Mortals to do it for them, blessing them with miraculous gifts and powers and a promise to grant their hearts' desires once they seal Twilight away.

The chosen Mortals must find each other and band together to stop Twilight, but can they forget their differences, put away their love, disown their hopes of a future, and forfeit their lives for this task? What happens when one of their chosen takes the path to free Twilight? Only you can decide the fate of Terre A'ngelis.

• Omei had seen mountains lower than these misnamed Snowy Hills, great lopsided heaps of half-buried boulders, webbed with steep twisting passes. A number of those passes would have given a goat pause. You could travel three days through the lush forests and snow-covered meadows without seeing a single sign of Mortal habitation. This was the Roof of the World, a place that would soon become legendary.

She glanced at the others that crowded the rift between the mountains. All looked fearful and nervous, casting brief glances at a tall steel cage in the center of them all. No, they looked at its contents. The man in the cage caught and held Omei's eyes. She was not close enough to see the man's face, as She had wanted to, but suddenly She thought She was as close as She cared for. The prisoner was a tall man, with long, dark hair falling around his broad shoulders. He held Himself upright with one hand on the bars over His head. His clothes seemed ordinary, a cloak and coat and breeches that would not have caused comment in any farming village. But the way He wore them. The way He held Himself. Twilight was a God in every inch of Him. The cage might as well not have been there. He held Himself erect, head high, and looked over the other Deities as if They had come to do Him honor. And where ever His gaze swept, there the others fell silent, staring back in a mixture of fear and disgust.

"Did we make the right choice, Gallues?" Vexed with Herself, Omei grimaced. She shouldn't be acting like a Mortal and letting Her mindless tongue flap in the breeze. The decision was made. It had been on Her mind though. She was not so unconcerned as She wanted to be.

Galleus, the Skylord as Mortals called him, glanced at Her. "The other choices only held different risks, not lesser." The Skylord considered Her for a moment before placing a hand on Her shoulder. "We must do this, Omei. For our Children." Omei nodded, reluctantly.

The others were forming a circle around the steel cage. It was time. Omei and Galleus joined them and completed the circle. The air crackled and sparked with the combined power of Their joining. Every head was bowed, as though in prayer. Twilight stirred now, eyes growing large as He stared at His fellow Deities. As the air seemed to harden and crush the cage, Twilight threw back His head and laughed.

It was the last sound He was to make again. A mountain, taller than any other in Terre A'nglis rose from were Twilight once stood, rising farther and farther into the sky, past the clouds. The roar of the earth being up heaved was deafening to any Mortal.

Finally, the earth became silent and was still. The Deities were gone, back to their homes to rest. Some carrying the bodies of those who had used too much of their power and were now as dead as a Mortal being.
              [/list:u][/list:u]

"The shadow fell upon the land, and the world was cleaved stone from stone. The oceans fled, the mountains were consumed, and the lands were wrought with death. The moon was as blood and the sun was as ashes. The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was scattered and all memory lost, save for one memory above all others; of those that had begun the Dark Wars."

"It shall once again come to pass that the shadow shall rise across the realm, darken every land, and there shall be neither light nor safety. Darkness shall be reborn, born once more as it was born before and shall be born again, time without end. And it that shall be born of the shadows, born of the ancient evil, shall stretch forth its hands, and the blood of the world will flow with death once more."[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Well, there go the last two bad guys.
That is a nasty way to go too.
Though I could easily have them up to their necks instead of being entombed if I pissed someone off... <,<

I didn't realize you folks would presume that one knee strike would take out a man. Keep him from standing, sure, but not out. So I took care of it.

Invisibility is useful, ain't it? :) Always worked well for Sal when he was my D&D PC.

Anyway. Dready will post when he feels like; as I recall, we'll just rotate around until and unless he wants to jump in. So just presume he's there, keep including him in the description, but let him figure out his own interjection point.

@Midnight: definitely a dark way to go. Points for gruesomeness of concept!

@Pretty: sorry about the "Lucy!", particularly as I'd told myself I'd be more formal, but the situation seemed to warrant the fast call, rather than the polite one. :-D

@Canvas: definitely your turn now, dear. Or dready's, whichever one gets there first...

Thanks.
Entombment is a nasty concept isn't it?
At least nobody has to bury them >.>
I was thinking of having Vincent do something scarier but I realized that he is nowhere pissed off enough...

• Oh, it doesn't matter to me what you call her. Its Lucy who's going to be irritated.

[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Well, counting back, you've posted in the time since Pretty has posted, so that would mean she and dready have the next options to post, since dready can jump in anytime. Once she posts, it's basically your turn unless you let someone go ahead of you.

From this point, it's Pretty, Midnight, Mr, and Canvas in rotation, with dready jumping in wherever he wants to establish his place in line, unless someone lets somebody go ahead of them or delays long enough to count as such, or unless we split up, in which case each split can pretty much handle their own timeline until we hook up again...

This doesn't account for small one or two line asides (like answering questions in character when they're asked, etc.), but the major character-building relatively long-scale posts.

Oh, and whoever wants to can post Sal stepping up, visible again, near the group as they gather up. I'll respond to direct questions out of my turn, as anyone should be able to, but I'll save any volunteering of data and "acting" until it's my turn to post.

Still, I don't want to just hang out invisibly, so I'd move to where nobody was immediately looking, and drop the invisibility, so it seems for a moment like I was just standing there and somehow nobody noticed me until I moved closer. That's how he prefers to handle it, when he can; no sense in showing off your powers too terribly much when there's no emergency, that's his philosophy.

Therefore, anyone who wants to mention Sal being there is free to, but I don't expect anyone need feel compelled to.

Well, Both Sal and vincent would still know, maybe CJ, Vincent can sense the presence of others, he wouldn't be able to see sal (Unless that eye somehow allows him to do so) but he could feel him there, easy deduction. I didn't have vincent use his full power for obvious reasons, and the same reasons, a simple earth spell worked fine instead. Though he still isn't aware of the other enchantments Sal posesses.

At this point, they're Gifts, not enchantments per se. So it's more like a monster's power, not an enchantment to be detected. Although you can detect his remaining magical items. Your own Gifts, when you decide what they are, are similar. You're no longer human, even magically human; you're touched by Divinity, permanently, and that elevates you. It's not a genetic thing, necessarily (though in this world, it might be...), but your Gifts should be as natural to you as mutant powers are to the X-Men.

Still, one of Sal's Gifts is to be much harder to detect, so perhaps you ought not to be so precise in your radar, there, boyo. I'm not stepping on your PC's scary-ass magic-flinging, and I'd be tweaking you about the anime-style image no matter the power or not, so I'd appreciate the kindness if you wouldn't take any further steps toward obviating my own PC's reason for being there.

Welcome back to the game, dready! :-D Hope you like what you read...

It also probably didn't help that Sal beat up two guys in plain sight of everybody else, not to mention he was the first to attack. Even if he was invisible, seeing two guys keel over for no reason...
Vincent's 'gifts' are less obvious., and I like to keep them that way, he probably doesn't have a gift for his own reasons.

Midnight said:
It also probably didn't help that Sal beat up two guys in plain sight of everybody else, not to mention he was the first to attack. Even if he was invisible, seeing two guys keel over for no reason...
Vincent's 'gifts' are less obvious., and I like to keep them that way, he probably doesn't have a gift for his own reasons.
Yes, and I vanished in plain sight, which was sloppy of me, but it was necessary at the time. All I'm saying is, if my particular gift is stealth, don't have your magical gifts completely ignore those. Please.

It isn't like Vincent can even pinpoint his location anyhow, he could just tell if he was nearby, like he did with Genny, he has no idea where, he can just feel his presence.

finished and posted! btw, i remembered that i was having the increase in healing capabilities but they come with a price. >:3 what is such price? stay tuned and find out!

Back
Top Bottom