Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For Whom the Darkness Parts [Med/Fant roleplay. OOC]

prettylykSIN

Supernova
        • In the land of Terre A'nglis, evil if stirring. Evil in its most abhorred and terrifying form. Twilight, the God of Curruption, is awakening in the prison he was sealed in at the beginning of humanity by the other Gods for fear he would destroy their newest Children. Thousands of years later, he is awakening and his followers are intent on freeing him completely.

The Gods are still too weak to reseal Twilight's prison or kill him should he escape, so instead they choose a few Mortals to do it for them, blessing them with miraculous gifts and powers and a promise to grant their hearts' desires once they seal Twilight away.

The chosen Mortals must find each other and band together to stop Twilight, but can they forget their differences, put away their love, disown their hopes of a future, and forfeit their lives for this task? What happens when one of their chosen takes the path to free Twilight? Only you can decide the fate of Terre A'ngelis.

• Omei had seen mountains lower than these misnamed Snowy Hills, great lopsided heaps of half-buried boulders, webbed with steep twisting passes. A number of those passes would have given a goat pause. You could travel three days through the lush forests and snow-covered meadows without seeing a single sign of Mortal habitation. This was the Roof of the World, a place that would soon become legendary.

She glanced at the others that crowded the rift between the mountains. All looked fearful and nervous, casting brief glances at a tall steel cage in the center of them all. No, they looked at its contents. The man in the cage caught and held Omei's eyes. She was not close enough to see the man's face, as She had wanted to, but suddenly She thought She was as close as She cared for. The prisoner was a tall man, with long, dark hair falling around his broad shoulders. He held Himself upright with one hand on the bars over His head. His clothes seemed ordinary, a cloak and coat and breeches that would not have caused comment in any farming village. But the way He wore them. The way He held Himself. Twilight was a God in every inch of Him. The cage might as well not have been there. He held Himself erect, head high, and looked over the other Deities as if They had come to do Him honor. And where ever His gaze swept, there the others fell silent, staring back in a mixture of fear and disgust.

"Did we make the right choice, Gallues?" Vexed with Herself, Omei grimaced. She shouldn't be acting like a Mortal and letting Her mindless tongue flap in the breeze. The decision was made. It had been on Her mind though. She was not so unconcerned as She wanted to be.

Galleus, the Skylord as Mortals called him, glanced at Her. "The other choices only held different risks, not lesser." The Skylord considered Her for a moment before placing a hand on Her shoulder. "We must do this, Omei. For our Children." Omei nodded, reluctantly.

The others were forming a circle around the steel cage. It was time. Omei and Galleus joined them and completed the circle. The air crackled and sparked with the combined power of Their joining. Every head was bowed, as though in prayer. Twilight stirred now, eyes growing large as He stared at His fellow Deities. As the air seemed to harden and crush the cage, Twilight threw back His head and laughed.

It was the last sound He was to make again. A mountain, taller than any other in Terre A'nglis rose from were Twilight once stood, rising farther and farther into the sky, past the clouds. The roar of the earth being up heaved was deafening to any Mortal.

Finally, the earth became silent and was still. The Deities were gone, back to their homes to rest. Some carrying the bodies of those who had used too much of their power and were now as dead as a Mortal being.
              [/list:u][/list:u]

"The shadow fell upon the land, and the world was cleaved stone from stone. The oceans fled, the mountains were consumed, and the lands were wrought with death. The moon was as blood and the sun was as ashes. The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was scattered and all memory lost, save for one memory above all others; of those that had begun the Dark Wars."

"It shall once again come to pass that the shadow shall rise across the realm, darken every land, and there shall be neither light nor safety. Darkness shall be reborn, born once more as it was born before and shall be born again, time without end. And it that shall be born of the shadows, born of the ancient evil, shall stretch forth its hands, and the blood of the world will flow with death once more."[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I see. I still am not sure what to make Vincent do, I think I will just make him ride a horse. >.>
On a completely random note, I just spend most of an hour describing my bad guy's weapon, who knew a glorified glove could be so complex? >.>

All right, well, Sal can give you a few tips on how to be low-key. Expending energy when you don't really need to is one thing you should avoid, in his opinion, so he'll get you a horse.

What we really ought to be doing right now is heading outside so Canvas can spring her surprise entrance on us. Hence the "look for the girl, then head out to Goldenlake" discussion. Therefore, some internal dialouge from Vincent as to how he feels about the travel, maybe his warming up for a search... you could even bring the group (well, the 3 guys, as Lucy has already gone to the stables) out onto the street in preparation for checking around.

Your call, of course, but that seems the obvious direction to move us all forward.

dready said:
ceej will be a side-character for now, being that he has nothing to contribute yet and can only be useful as a regular cleric for now...
Well, I, for one, enjoy your little in-character asides, even when nothing significant is happening, but really, I'm just pleased you're still with us...

Since you're skipping your turn, how about we just proceed and you can interject at the first opportunity where Ceej would do something independent? So, your turn is kind of "on hold" until you choose to exercise it? That's a bit more formal than I intended, but the basic idea is, I won't care if you toss in whenever you feel like. :)

Vincent would probably appreciate that, his social skills are somewhat subpar, living in a forest most of his life and all... he also isn't terribly chatty... Hopefully one of the other Chosen can help drag him out of his shell. :3
I will save Vincent's travel spells for later then, how he got to corus so fast will remain a mystery *evil laughter*

I have Malak's weapons and abilities down. I like him so far, and I will post as vincent now.

Midnight said:
Getting your hopes up?

Mr. Master Getting His Hopes Up, a play in one act.

Scene one: Mr. Master reads Midnight's missives.

"Oh, I'm just about to post"

Great, here it comes, let's get this story going...

Any minute now, I'll be able to help progress things...

Any minute now....

"Yeah, I'll be posting right away."

Awesome, let's get this show on the road...

Any minute now...

Haha, well, sorry about that.
If it helps any I am really working on a post right now
XDDDD

Back
Top Bottom