Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Trek Iliad ooc

east

Supernova
Honestly should have made this a while ago.

The important links:
the rp thread
Interest and co-ordination thread
character profiles

The current crew listing:

Captain - (Captain Nellis Keoh) east
acting 1st officer (Lt Commander Alexander Stephens) - Captain_Bond
2nd officer -
chief Tactical Officer -
chief medical officer (lt commander) -
chief science officer (Luitenant T'Vara) - Silverbird
-> Helmsman (Ensign Leata) LeaT
Acting Chief Engineer (P'rmess) - ChrisGabriel

Last edited:
He would have gone up, the Pheonix would have hit warp 1, and then immediately 2 ships would have arrived to give Cochran a speeding ticket, and then immediately induct them into lengthy negotiations to bring his culture into the federation so that his unique culture could be preserved while also taking every man, woman, and child and putting them in the sights of the Borg, Klingons, Romulans, Dominion, and all the nasty stuff that's in space.

seriously looking back Archer thought that the Vulcans were dicks, and the Vulcans were just like "you don't want what's coming little child species."

@captain_bond please remove your post and wait for those that haven't posted to catch up and react we do have a small posting order still.

(I wish we had enough people to do a sub forum because then we could have multiple threads on going)

(I wish we had enough people to do a sub forum because then we could have multiple threads on going)
I think we do. And if this is gonna happen every time, then I'm out. A conversation is a conversation, and you can't and shouldn't force its pace when you are not actively participating in it.

07) For group RPs requiring multiple threads (at least 3 or more threads ) or larger groups (at least 8 or more people), a Child Forum may be requested.

My read of the above is that we require 8 people before we can request a sub forum.

I think we do. And if this is gonna happen every time, then I'm out. A conversation is a conversation, and you can't and shouldn't force its pace when you are not actively participating in it.

Well that's the thing though, I am involved in the ongoing conversation, so is @LeaT and @Silverbird and @RustyShackle as this is a meeting that impacts every character.

If I take off the 7 day posting time limit we would loose the input of 3 people over the loss of one. I too am very excited to see what happens and to have my character talk with everyone, but if we take out the posting order a lot of us will have trouble keeping up.

I don't feel like I am asking a lot by asking for people to slow down and wait for at the least our chief science officer who is in the room.

07) For group RPs requiring multiple threads (at least 3 or more threads ) or larger groups (at least 8 or more people), a Child Forum may be requested.
I think the important word here is OR so if you want to have additional threads you can always ask based upon that side of things.

I wasn't posting because Leata isn't in the room, but I am almost done with a post of her activities during the meeting so I don't hold things up. I won't be able to post daily in most circumstances however so if that is the expectation, I will not be able to continue.

I think the important word here is OR so if you want to have additional threads you can always ask based upon that side of things.

I wasn't posting because Leata isn't in the room, but I am almost done with a post of her activities during the meeting so I don't hold things up. I won't be able to post daily in most circumstances however so if that is the expectation, I will not be able to continue.

I have reached out to an administrator involved, and I wouldn't be able to continue the thread either if we had to keep up with daily posts, it's why I am being very adamant about the 7 day posting limit, also thank you for your contribution!

seriously looking back Archer thought that the Vulcans were dicks, and the Vulcans were just like "you don't want what's coming little child species."
No, no, he's quite right about Vulcans. :p

@ChrisGabriel Does P'rmess' tail look natural, or is it obviously artificial/cybernetic?

@ChrisGabriel Does P'rmess' tail look natural, or is it obviously artificial/cybernetic?

It has a furry outer skin, so until she wants to use the tool in it - a Directional Sonic Generator presently - it would need closer examination to tell it was fully cybernetic, and not just a poor appendage sat on one too many times. Of course if someone had personal experience with tails, it could be told that it was a little bit quirky, maybe even wonky.

If they @RustyShackle does not post this week than we will move forward with out them. I am sorry that this slower speed is causing strife,

If they @RustyShackle does not post this week than we will move forward with out them. I am sorry that this slower speed is causing strife,
It is not like we changed the scene or the even the situation, but there is no way writing conversations (or more) between people if it is one post per week. We won't even leave drydock this year, or won't be roleplaying interactions, just reactions to what is happening story wise.

I can understand that not everyone can post frequently, so not changing the scene or overall situation for a week or until everyone posted is a good rule. I can even understand not posting earlier than that until someone adresses our character - but if that happens, waiting for others to intrude into the conversation or action, or did not even adress it because they have no idea what happens there is... silly? Problematic? Questionable?

I mean you have a good point, but this is also a senior staff meeting where 5 people are all in a room trying to talk things out. If we have those conversations they will completely dominate the thread.

I think once the meeting is over and people go about their stations there is a lot more freedom for conversations, and more leniency for the posting order, but right now if each of us who were in the meeting responded every single time our character was called on I think we would all be talking over each other.

Maybe I'm wrong though, if enough people tell me that posting order is out dated and vote against it I'll remove the rule.

I think it's OK to have the meeting operate differently than the RP in general. Certainly conversations can't be held at 7 days per 'turn' -- not if both parties are going to actually listen to what the other person is saying. The meeting can be a bit more "formal", because it's the captain's deal ... and time is short, so limiting the back and forth makes sense in character. We can't talk about the torpedo stocks, or the command codes, or any topic at all for 5 minutes, because there's only 10 minutes for the whole meeting.

Okay, I will be posting today after my stream, and I think in my next post I will have Nellis call the meeting to an end, and we can loosen up the restrictions on conversations.

It actually was, for some reason we ended up running about 8 hours, and by the end of it I fell asleep

I am sorry that it took so long, but I have good news, I have been in contact with a member of staff, and we do qualify for a sub-thread, so I am getting all the paperwork in order for that

I'm traveling so posting from my phone so not much detail. I didn't want to holding everyone up.

Back
Top Bottom