Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Once Upon A Rain [DreadXWhite]

"Well snakes have scales and they're incredibly smooth as long as you don't brush your finger in the wrong direction," he says to her, though putting a hand on hers and rubbing it softly before looking to her eyes again. "What about you, what do you do?" He asks and tastes the air, suddenly having the urge to want something from her but not knowing what it is yet.

• He was knowledgeable as well, Adeline was impressed. However, she seemed to freeze for a bit as he placed his hand over hers. It must be the heater, because she suddenly felt a wave rush along her body all of a sudden. She blinked and looked at him, a bit confused and startled. "What do you mean?" She asked, unsure if he meant by her occupation or some other means. Though she was nervous, she didn't attempt to pull away from his grip, even feeling it to be rather pleasant if not just a tad strange to have the feeling of scales wrapped around the back of her hand. [/list:u]

"Like what you do during the day... I might be able to repay you in some sort of way Adeline," he says and releases her hand, crossing his legs and putting his hands on his lap. "Also if you have any pants I'd enjoy being in a different pair than these torn... well, pants."

• "Oh! Today..." Adeline thought for a moment. "Nothing really... Saturdays are usually spent studying for my exams or just sleeping in. College life isn't very fun around here." she admitted reluctantly, since it made her seem so isolated and boring. Adeline didn't really want to show off herself being bland, but then again, it would be hard to lie if Traiko was intending to stay here for the time being. She scratched her head nervously and just moved on to the next point noting his pants which looked more like a potato sack that had been sewn in the shape of one. "Well... I don't have pants to fit your size exactly... Maybe some of my bigger sweat pants maybe, but what are we going to do about your, ah... tail?" She said.[/list:u]

Traiko looks at his tail and then back to her, then back to his tail. "I think it'll be alright if we pin something to it to keep it above my tail so then you're not looking at me naked on accident," he says with a small laugh, just reffering to his rear but noticing that it sounded like it might have not fit on his hips. "That sounded alot worse than intended..." Traiko closes his legs and looks to the side, his spines resting along his head and neck to avoid being noticed even though she's looking at him.

• Adeline blinked, confuse and shock both evident on her face as she turned red from his response. Adeline tried to laugh with him, but it was small and a bit more nervous than intended. "Ah.. well... I'm sure we'll figure something out. Might as well try, right?" She said, moving on from such a slip up. She just wasn't really used to talking about certain parts in a male's body, let alone on a giant bi-pedal lizard. She stood up, and wandered into her room. After a moment, she poked her head out, "Traiko, you may come in if you want, just to see how it fits." She said, and waited for him to come inside her rather girlish room. Hello kitty, and other cutesy characters littered the shelves and the desk on a pale white room. Adeline was standing by her closet, holding out a large pair of dark blue sweatpants. "Here, try it on."[/list:u]

Of course he followed, he wanted to see if he could figure out what he wanted from her and her room might have given clue to his query. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case at all as his spines overlapped near his skull and back, now that he's standing Adeline can see his scaled six pack clearly unlike before when she didn't get much of a chance. "Alright," he says and takes the pants in both hands, though looking around and then to her. "Um... somewhere to change?"

• As Adeline was spending more and more time around this creature, the more she found herself stumbling on words or finding herself lost in thought. She grew rather irritated at herself because of it since she was hardly like that around her friends or her teachers. 'He probably thinks I'm slow or something like that that.' Adeline told herself as she handed him the pants, shielding herself from looking at his upper body. Perhaps she could also give him one of her bigger sweaters or jackets as well, but like the pants, it had to be big enough where it wouldn't rip or tear. Curse fashion these days that promoted skinny and thin clothing. "Ah! Not here, uhh..." In a hasty decision, Adeline brushed pass Traiko and left her room, and closing the door behind her as she went.

"Just, tell me if it fits or not."
    She said through the door, and leaned her back against it. She hoped that she moved quick enough where he didn't see her face turn bright red. 'What's wrong with me anyway...?' She told herself. Sighing, she tried to think about something else, and waited for Traiko to finish with his clothes.[/list:u]

Traiko enjoyed the small brush before untying his pants, ending up just cutting the cord her was using to hold them up and watching it fall to the floor with nothing much to hold it on. Within a few minutes he has the sweatpants on, and is able to manage to tie the cord to one end of the top of the back of the pants, though can't get a good grip. "I need you to tie this for me, my claws are getting in the way of the cord," he says and turns to look at her, his pants fully up and his tail just barely over the top.

• Adeline entered the room again slowly, just to give him enough time if he was indeed naked. Then again, Adeline was pretty sure that it didn't really matter since most reptiles don't show anything out in the open. But then again, this was like a man lizard, so it might have been different. Then again... The circle of reasons began to hurt Adeline's head, and she quickly brushed it aside as she came in front of him. "Oh, you don't need to do something that complicated. Here." Adeline simply used the cord and wrapped it around the elastic band of the pants. Circling around his body, careful not to touch his tail, she tied the band off on one end, and used the cord to tie the knot in as a brace.

The whole time, Adeline was trying not to look up at Traiko, lest something weird might have happened. All the while, the lizard man had a faint smell on him that seemed familiar to her, yet so soft that she couldn't even begin to recall where it was from. "There we go! All better." She proclaimed and stood up to look at him. "Hmm, not bad. At least it'll do for now." She said after a full look at him.[/list:u]

Traiko looks behind him and then puts his tail through the separation in the back to have his tail holding his pants up as well. "That was what I was trying to do," he says and then tastes the air while smiling, though looking to her and wondering why she's being awkward about this. "So... what next?" he asks her, not feeling fatigued at all even though it's beginning to reach the late hours of the night. Then again he could stay awake as long as his body is kept at the right temperature.

• Almost like as if it was on cue, Adeline had yawned. She checked the clock, and was surprised at the hour. She was a tad tired, but the events of her discovery was probably still working through her body. She stood up and walked past him to rummage through her closet for extra blankets and the backup heater, which evidently was the same thing as the first one except brand new. "I suppose we should just go to sleep." She suggested. "There's the second bedroom just across from mine that you could use." She offered, and led Traiko to it to show him.

The room was smaller than hers, and it was mildly accommodated with a mere dresser, twin-sized bed, and a couple potted plants just ti spurt up the room. Adeline looked over at Traiko for a moment before poking at his shoulder curiously. "You aren't... house broken, are you?" She asked. Last thing she needed was to pay for accidental repairs on the room.[/list:u]

"I know how to use a toilet... but... if it's not too much... can I be in the same room as you?" he asks her, looking away and crossing his arms to hold onto his elbows. "I just don't want to wake up and be back wherever i came from." Traiko returns his gaze and she could sense the saddened expression he's partly trying to hide from her. "I'll take the floor so you don't get anything torn, or even the closet or under the bed or somewhere inside."

• "Eh!?" Adeline's mind went blank for a moment. She scratched her head and thought for a moment before sighing. "I suppose that's okay." She said, coming to the conclusion that he is a reptilian, so he needs heat to stay active. So, logically, a cold-blooded creature would like it where there was heat. Besides, her room was the warmest in the house anyway. Besides, how could she say no to him when he was looking at her with such sad eyes?

She stripped the secondary bed of it's covers and pillows and carried it to her room. "Actually, if you insist in being here, then you should probably take the bed. I'll just take the futon." She said, pointing to the pale pink futon just next to the desk. "You're... probably a little bit too big for that." She giggled, and began to arrange the covers on the futon. 'Besides, my futon is more comfortable than my bed anyway.' she told herself. [/list:u]

"But... I don't want to kick you out of your bed..." he says, not knowing that the couch like object is a bed on it's own yet, since it's still folded up. "I'll take the pink thing and you can have the bed, and we can share it, i'll just keep my pants on and a row of pillows between us or me sleeping on a different layer than you." Traiko says, not wanting to be away from her warm body since his mind wants her next to him whilst they both sleep, imagining him wrapping his arms over her and pulling her close.

• Adeline tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she tried not to imagine the thought of his body right next to her's like some sort of love interest or husband. She looked at him, thinking maybe he was just joking, but his eyes were speaking honesty, and once again Adeline felt lost at his gaze. "Well... Okay. The bed alone should be good enough I think." She said, giving in to his wants. "Could you turn around?" She asked, heading to the closet as she was getting prepared for bed. The rain was still tapping upon the roof of the complex, but it was a lulling kind, as it seemed the rain was weakening. She changed into a pair of shorts that were cut off at the top of her thigh and wore a very thin sweater for a top, consisting of her sleepwear.

She permitted him to be free to look around after she changed, and started to arrange the covers around, and placed a small pillow inbetween the two halves of the bed, acting as a barrier, just as Traiko suggested. "Okay, it's done." She said with tired eyes, crawling over to 'her side' of the bed. "Could you turn off the light switch?" She asked, as a final favor before she wrapped the blanket over her knees. [/list:u]

Traiko smiled happily and then jumped onto the bed in interest, the last perk of energy beginning to show since his adrenaline is finally beginning to allow him rest. He hid his face in the pillow while looking to the back of the bed, his legs crossed while he waits for her to finish changing, though tasting the air to replace the astonishment that he was trying to hide from her appearance with her pajama's. "Thank you Miss Adeline," he says softly and then crawls off of the bed, turning a circle to the foot and crawling up so his tail would be hanging off the end, rolling to his side and partially nuzzling his body against hers when she's under the covers, his spines resting softly against his back and the bedding.

• 'Goodness, I hope I don't find myself with a few holes when I wake up tomorrow...' Adeline thought as she recalled when he ruined her grandmother's quilt. She tried to calm her mind down as she shifted herself, trying not to giggle with his minimalistic antics. She turned her back to him, trying not to even think about the being sleeping right next to her. She didn't even try to correct him that he should just call her Adeline, but slowly she just shrugged off that urge, and simply tried to close her eyes and go to sleep.[/list:u]

Luckily, for once, Traiko wakes up from an dream absent sleep to the air tasting different, his tounge flicking out and hitting Adeline's earlobe on accident while he crawls off and rolls onto the floor. He crawls on all fours before reaching the bathroom, sliding into the tub and luckily turning the water on hot to wake him up. "Erugh..." he mutters to himself while his body begins to warm up, his legs and waist partailly over the side of the tub while his upper torso is under the faucet. His spines begin to stiffen with the warmth, since blood is pumping along the innards of the sharp spines.

"Mmmhmph..." Adeline groaned in her sleep as she was touched by his tongue. She stirred, and after a good ten minutes, she had awoken, almost as sluggish as Traiko did. She sat up on the bed, rubbing the side of her head. It was fortunate she didn't remember her dream, for she imagined that a certain lizard had her arms around her, holding her, and telling her something that she couldn't even comprehend in the dream. Adeline yawned, and swung her leg sout of bed and headed for the bathroom, unaware of Traiko being inside. She opened the door, and her face was introduced with a lot of steam. But despite that, she couldn't stop herself from look at Traiko's naked body in her tub, leading her to scream.

"Ahhhhh!!!!"

There was a loud slam of a door, as Adeline bolted her back against the door. Her heart racing as she tried her best to calm her unstoppable heart.

Traiko wasn't naked, just that his tail wasn't fully holding up his pants as his upper body was being heated via the water from the faucet. Her scream woke him up and he jerked his head from the tub just in time to see her slam the door and head out. "What happened?" he calls to her, looking around the room before realizing that his pants were down his tail more than he would want them to be. I hope that wasn't why she screamed... he thinks to himself and towels himself off quickly, stopping the faucet and opening up the door slightly to see if he can spot her in the hallway or her room.

"It was nothing, Adeline. You did not see a crocodile in your tub... You did not see a crocodile in your tub..." She was telling herself as she retreated into her room for one of those small brooms that one could buy at a cheap 99 cent store. Obviously, she had not remembered about her big find, and was ready to whack at him until she forcibly opened the door and was just about to slap at the reptile until she stopped herself mid swing. "Ah! It's you!" She said, missing at his head and slapping against the door frame instead.

Adline sank to her knees and gave out a large sigh. "Oh gosh..." She placed a hand over her heart to stop it from beating. "What were you doing in there?" She said in a slight raised tone, not prepared to meet him in the bathroom of all places.

"Gah!" he yelps out and rolls to his feet and then pinning himself to the bathtub's edge. "I was warming up! What were you doing with that broom?" Traiko halfway yells out and pants slightly to catch his breathing back to normal, his spines partially flared and then relaxing before he pulls himself from it's edge, though not scratching any of the enamel or tiles due to their resistance to being cut or worn through with water. "If yah needed the bathroom that bad you could have done something like knocking or even tugging lightly on my tail."

• Adeline puffed her cheeks in irritation. "Excuse me? This is my bathroom you know." She stated, bring up a sense of ownership on this issue, but in the end, Adeline simply sighed and waved her hand lazily at him, dropping the subject. "You can just continue bathing, I'm just here for a minute." She said, even though she would like a shower before she tarted her day, but this little endeavor seemed to wake her up more than any shower would. She stood up and placed the broom at the corner, and went over to the sink to brush her teeth, and check herself in the mirror in case of anything that might have popped up during her sleep.

"... Did you sleep well?" She asked, trying to bring a little bit of spark back into the awkward moment.[/list:u]

"Yes I did, what about yourself?" he asks her, tasting the air and looking to the tub as the water finishes draining out. "I'll leave you to yourself," Traiko says and slips past her and to the living room, rolling onto the couch and hiding his front in the couch with the rest of himself exposed to where the couch is facing. I probably should have tried something else to wake myself up. he thinks to himself while waiting for her to come out.

Back
Top Bottom