Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Once Upon A Rain [DreadXWhite]

• "Thank you!" Adeline called back to the store owner as she opened the door, and was greeted not only by a cold him, but also the gloom of rain. brown-eyed Adeline looked up at the grey skies, obviously wishing for the rain to go away, but it seemed like as if it was a forgone wish, so she opened her umbrella, and held it over her head. A couple of bags of groceries were hung from her elbows as she wandered off into the streets, and on her way home. Saturdays always seemed gloomy to her. Especially since the last few days have been nothing but cold and rain due to the winter time. Adeline crossed the street, obeying the traffic signals even though there was not a car in sight so far.

These kinds of days, most people stayed indoor. Only in the big cities would you find people in their cars more than they were at home. But here in this quiet suburban town, things were a bit different. Though it still didn't help Adeline as she owned not a mirrored house, but simply rented an apartment building just down the street. Her light brown hair followed after her haste as Adeline hugged her light jacket tighter to her body. Her white beanie snugged securely on her head as she hurried home. Her boots splashed the puddles that accumulated on the sidewalks.
    [/list:u]

Traiko was running, rain blocking his view due to a lack of eyelashes as well as not being able to find any shelter that seems suitable for hiding in. A bright light catches his eyes and through the large blur of water he jumps out of the way of a car that was taking a turn, crashing into a telephone pole as he goes onto all fours and scurries faster along the road, his taste and vision unable to help him at all for this circumstance. A darker blur that is shaped like a large box enters his vision and he freezes, sensing something wrong and then looking around quickly with his hazel eyes with green chisels at the bottom of both iris'. Suddenly his vision seems to be delayed, his body moving slowly as he breathes, the rain is too cold to allow a scrub pants wearing green and pale blue scaled reptilian from surviving for too long, and he makes his way to the box, hitting something on his head and feeling it crack against his skull before the cold takes over and he passes out in front of the building while on it's steps, the panel of glass he hit partially cracked where his head hit.

• Adeline was happy that she was near home. Just another corner, and she was there. She didn't think the drudgery of life could keep so stale, but still it was a sense of contentment for her. After all, what are the chances of something exciting happening around here anyway? Just then, she thought she heard a crash. Like as if something big just rammed into stone, or something of that nature. However, the rain, being as loud as it was as it hit the cement, she probably imagined it, or so she believed.

Adeline was ready to just stay at home. Perhaps she could go and rent a movie or something. That's the problem with going to college, life was boring if you didn't have money. Adeline didn't want to be reminded of it, and just trying to ignore the situation at hand. Just as she was coming up the stairs that lead to the front building of her apartment, Adeline froze at the sight of a green body upon the floor. "Oh my god..." She hurried over to the person's side, but just as she was ready to reach for him, she nearly screamed if she hadn't been paralyzed by the shock of it. It wasn't a man! It was.... a giant... lizard! Breathing heavily, Adeline looked around, but saw no one nearby. She noticed that the front glass was cracked, and went to examine the head to see if there were injuries, but to her relief, there was none.

'The guy probably got knocked out...' She thought to herself as she bit her lower lip nervously. What did one do in this situation?!

After about 15 minutes, Adeline could be heard by some of the neighbors, carrying something down the hall, and a million profanities later before it grew quiet again.[/list:u]

Traiko felt his body being moved, but was too sluggish to do anything about it. Then again after feeling his tail get pinned between the doors while it slips out was enough to jolt his body awake from a sudden rush of adrenalin, breaking him from a near-coma and causing him to open his eyes to his savior. She could tell that he was waking up from a jolt and then his spines flaring upwards every few seconds until they were almost straight. "ugh..." he mutters before looking around, seeing the woman dragging (?) him along.

• Adeline struggled to keep her groceries intact while dragging the lizard man along the floor of her apartment. There were two bedrooms, a single bathroom, and a combined kitchen and living room. It seemed pricey for the features, but the building was a bit run-down compared to the newer apartments just down a block, so Adeline managed to get a goo price for the space. However, Adeline wasn't going to take the creature to her room or the guest room for that matter. The creature was much bigger than she was, and she struggled just to get him up the couch.

When the effort was done she looked at the Lizard man who seemed to stir into consciousness. The spines on his head. They flexed, and moved as if it was like bone. It was interesting to say the least, but Adeline warded from peering closer at him incase he decided to attack. "Hey there... Uhh... Umm... You are in my house..." She said, a bit stumbling on her words since she didn't even know if this creature talked let alone speak english. Just as a precaution, she kept the closed umbrella close in her arms. "Ah... screw it..." She said, with a sigh and took the mini heater she had and placed it next to the Lizard, flipping the swtich to turn it on. It simply used electricity to suck in the air around to blow out warm air.

She sat there on the floor, looking at him unblinkingly, still unsure about bringing this lizard back home with her.[/list:u]

"It was... raining... and lights..." he murmurs while his eyes cannot focus on the woman in his feild of vision for the moment. "Then something hit me..." Traiko murrs and rubs his head, a few scales falling out of the way and showing a small amount of blood that coelesqued under them. The warmth from the space heater was causing him to wake up, and he instinctively rolls torwards it and falls from the couch, his tail still partially on the cushion above his right leg since his left stayed on it. "Warm..." he says with his eyes closing with an innocent smile.

• Well, the guy was a jerk. So she thought, as she just watched the lizard man just curdle up by the tiny thing one would call a heater. He didn't much respond to what she said, but he explained his situation, and surprisingly, not only did the creature know English, but he talked as if it wasn't something foreign either. Too bad, Adeline thought for a moment she could've sold him to Area 51. However, she looked at his content smile, and her judgment about him melted away as she stood up and went to go put away the food she bought. There were still things to do, even if she found a monster or alien, or something of another that clearly wasn't human.

After a few minutes, Adeline came back, holding out a cup of warm milk to him to drink, and a hot damp washcloth for his head. "... My name's Adeline..." She said, though she wasn't sure if this creature would have a name. "And you are?" She could already feel her interest perk as she stayed close to this creature.[/list:u]

"Traiko Mitsugaia, from Long Beach California," he says and flicks his tounge out to taste the air, his eyes still closed. He sits up and lets the heater run over his back as his spines begin to relax, showing as if he's like a lizard version of sonic the hedgehog. "Thanks for helping Miss Adeline." Traiko tastes the air again and looks with his head torwards the milk and turns his body on the floor to let him relax a little. "Is that... milk?" he asks, slowly opening his eyes and revealing his unique iris's to her gaze if she so wishes to look in such an area.

• Adeline just nodded as a response. She stared a while into his iris, intrigued at the slits and the odd colors that pervaded his eyes, unlike the very common brown colored ones she has. Despite being pretty, she was still rather ordinary, carrying no realy trait about her that seemed significant or important. She stared intetly at him for a moment before coming close to him, and started to touch him. She felt his scales, and played a little bit with his spines. She leaned in closely to his face and mouth, despite how uncomfortable Traiko might have felt then. Then, she left to investigate the tail, noticing how heavy it was, and the odd spots on it.

".... So... What are you exactly? A monster? An alien?" She raised her eyebrow at him. Unsure what to really think. [/list:u]

"Do you think an alien would know enough to provide a birth place as well as a full name?" he asks her, leaning back a little from her getting close to his face. When her hand ran along his spines his entire body shudders and his eyes close from the small pleasure that shot along his body. His tail's spots were mostly bruises from when he was using it as a weapon, since he could whip it with a quick turn and if he hits right the tail could even break through heavier things as well. Suddenly his memory flashes and he holds onto his head, blood trickling down one of his fingers while his mind is assaulted with flashing images of doctors and scientists, injecting him with some acid green liquid. The last image was of him quickly turning to the side and then back to see a tail coated with blood, as a person in scrubs was thrown against the wall. "N-no..." he whispers to himself, wondering what happened and why he could only remember his name and birthplace now. "i... i don't remember anymore what happened..." Traiko looks to her as she reaches about halfway down the almost fifteen foot tail, a sense of isolation hitting him.

• Adeline gasped, and let go of the tail as she spotted Traiko grasp his head out of frustration or distress. "I'm sorry." She said defensively, and backed away from his appendage. The look in his eyes made her stop her investigation, and she felt now that it was a bit foolish of her to go around and just touch things she didn't understand. She knew well enough about that. She grabbed the moist towel, and approached his head where she dabbed the cloth on his head wound. "Well... I guess I wouldn't worry about that..." She said casually.

She looked at his spines as they seemed to flex freely. She stroked along the sharp points, and almost even pricked her skin on it by accident. "Well... I don't know what happened, but I guess it can't be helped." She said, referring to the fact that she wouldn't just toss him out in the streets again. She stood up and fetched a blanket for him, even though it was obviously too small for him. "I'm sure you're memory will come back eventually, But I bet you're tired. You want something to eat?"[/list:u]

"Yes please," he says and grasps the glass of milk in both of his hands, which cause the glass to crack where his nails have turned into sharp claws. Traiko takes a sip from the glass and gulps it down while she was getting him his blanket, wrapping it around himself and leaving about half of his body, not including his tail, exposed to the heated circulating air, though when she dabs his head with the washcloth it feels cold to the touch, showing her that he's cold blooded as well. "I wish I could have remembered when the last time I had a meal was..." he says before his stomach growls, his spines flaring and getting stuck on the blanket along his back. "I-I'm... sorry."

• "Don't worry about it." Adeline said, even though secretly she was a bit sad since it was actually a quilt that her grandma had made. Still, at least it made note never to give a precious blanket to him. She wandered off into the kitchen, unsure if the diet of a lizard man was the same as a normal human diet. Didn't lizards eat bugs though? Well, there were no bugs in the refridgerator, so Adeline decided to cook up some eggs. It was a quick meal, using some red sausages as well, she made a large omelet for Traiko, and cut the sausages so that it would turn into some of those octopus dogs she seen on TV before. "I hope you like it." Adeline said, as she piled one an extra omelet on top for him, since she decided she wasn't hungry. She came over to him, and handed the plate to him along with the basic utensils, though if he was as gentle with the silverware as he was with the cup, then she'll soon run out of them all. [/list:u]

Traiko smiles nervously to her, his small row of teeth on both jaws on accident, showing that he is either a natural monster or that he took some serios operation during his period of amnesia. "What's this?" he asks her, holding the plate and looking at the omlets before poking it with his other claw, one of the red sausages and getting it stuck on his talon. After a few moments of being still and silent he lifts it to his mouth and slips it off before swallowing it down, tasting the air afterwards and looking back down to the plate, beginning to eat with his claws while ignoring the silverware alltogether. "This is delicious!" he says while eating the omlets full as well, not even stopping to chew yet since the food slipped down his throat so easily.

• "I'm glad you like it." Adeline said, a bit nervous by the fact that he ate so much food in a single go. she was afraid he would ask for more. Being the student she was, a good income was a luxury. She noticed his tongue lick the air, much like snakes do. Another feature that she needed to take note of. She gathered the dishes, and left them in the sink to wash later. As for now, her mind seemed to drift to his origins, since quite frankly, she didn't hear anything about big, giant, talking, walking lizards running a muck in this part of town. Adeleine took a seat beside him, turning on the television just in case he wanted to watch. "Are you sure you don't remember anything? Anything at all, Traiko?" She asked, her hand pushed forward, tentatively, but still nervous as if to touch his face. [/list:u]

Yes. he thinks to himself. "No," he lies to her, turning his head to the television in slight awe before a quick image flashes into his mind, though he couldn't grab ahold of what it was in the first place. Traiko looks back to a sense of movement from her, staring into her eyes and then at her hand before tasting the air, hitting her fingers with the forked tounge and then looking back to her face. "Go ahead, it might help me remember." His words are sort of shaky while he talks, the taste of her hand seeming sweet on his pallette and wanting to taste more of her, though he shouldn't ask for much since he's alone and doesn't want to ruin being sheltered.

• His tongue felt funny against her finger. Somehow, it seemed like as if it would shock you on touch, but it felt more gentle and perhaps curious. "I see..." She mumbled. Gathering the courage in her heart, she reached out, and laid a hand against his face. feeling the smooth scales along his head. She didn't say anything, and even ignored the noises the TV was making as she stroked on top of the lids of his eyes, and along the back of his head. Hoping he wouldn't mind, she traced his jawline, and noticed the small little jags of his mouth. "You... really are a lizard aren't you?" She asked, a bit of an rhetorical question, but it seemed to create a sense of reality in her eyes. She looked at his hazel orbs and gave him a smile. "Don't worry, you'll sleep here until we get your memory back, I'm sure it'll come back in time." She said with optimism. [/list:u]

Traiko tried to keep himself from reacting to her touch, but her soft hands on his almost soft scales seems to peirce through and hit every dead spot he had, including the three along his jawline which caused his eyes to flutter slightly and almost fall backwards to the heater. "Apparently," he says and then looks down to his claws when she asks him, flexing his fingers back and forth before scratching one against the other. "Do you have anything that would get rid of these? I don't want to break anything else like that glass earlier."

• [[Sorry. Fixed! XD]]

"Hmm? Oh! Yes, I do." She said, drawing herself out of her trance, withdrawing her hand away at the same time. She stood up and disappeared for a while inside her room. Then after a few more moments she emerged, carrying a box about the size of a good book. "Here we go." She said, placing it upon the floor. Opening it up, she revealed a large arsenal of nail treatment products: Files, clippers, polish, buffer, one could name it. Taking a pair of clippers, she began to snip away at his claws, though the effort was far more painstaking that she anticipated at first. "You lizards.... Sure grow them long..." She noted as she began to file them down.[/list:u]

Traiko winced and whimpered as she began to clip the nails down, feeling them bend his rather sensetive roots before she began to file them. "Well I've been running from them for a while, and it's hard to find something to take out the claws when you still need them to survive..." he says and turns his head away, looking at the floor. "Can you leave a small amount of it at the tip so i can still defend myself?" He asks her while looking back to her brown eyes, then to his claws as they look unnaturally short and long at different fingers.

• Suddenly, Adeline stopped filing his nails down. "Running? Running from who?" she turned her gaze to him, a bit perplexed that he said that. An eyebrow was raised, 'Ah, so he did remember something.' she told herself, though she continued to work at his nails, doing as he wished, leaving sharp points at his claws. For a while she wondered if it was such a good idea since it could be all possible that at night, Traiko could might as well just slay her in her sleep.[/list:u]

"The people who i see in my dreams, they did things..." he says and once she's done he curls his legs up and arms around the calves while feeling colder on the inside. "They were trying to stop me from leaving, and I wanted to get out... they chased after me, and even tried to kill me once i was outside..." Traiko's shins are noticably showing a slight discoloration on his scales, as well as certain points on his body, neck, and arms where the scales are lighter in color to show that they grew back after something misplaced them. "They were the monsters..."

• Adeline was silent as she just listened to Traiko speak. His voice had a slight tremor to it. Perhaps a sense of hatred, and add a bit of rage in there, and it seemed to fit his mood at the moment. After a while of silence, Adeline smiled, or at least tried to. "Well, don't worry about it. At least you're safe here." She said reassuringly. "Humans aren't exactly the most kind of people. It's just the way it is." She stated, and placed the nail kit toward the side. She noticed the soft spots of his scales, and looked at it curiously. "I take it you only really met the worst of people, huh?"[/list:u]

"Some of the kindest as well," he says and lifts his head to look to her eyes, his hazel and green globes coupled with his small smile showing her that he is grateful for her to take him in and help him out as well. His gaze looks to where hers is, seeing the spots of lighter colored scales and then scratching at them slightly. "Huh... never noticed those before..."

• It was silly to blush, but Adeline couldn't help being complimented by Traiko, as it was evident upon her face. A shade of pink rose from her cheeks, causing her to look away somewhere else. Personally, she didn't really think she was doing anything kind or generous, since it just felt natural for her to help the lizard-man out. When Adeline had the courage to look at him again, she was relieved to see that his attention had turned to the lighter-colored skin marks. "Yeah, I was just wondering about that. Strange that you didn't notice it." She stated, reaching out and touching against the marks on his arms. "I use to think that lizards had really rough skin or something, but I'm surprised that you're quite smooth." She noted.[/list:u][/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom