Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

dhaze85/DarknessEmbraced666

Normally Jewel would of told him to bugger off because of how angry she was at him, but she was drunk enough to not really give a damn any more. "My parents live one state over." she said, her words just slightly slurred. "They live in the sub-burbs with my two stepbrothers and step sister." She picked up her second glass of water and took a drink of it. Her blonde hair had fallen down around her face. After a minute she turned to Brad and looked up at him with a weak glare. "You know, for the longest time I've wanted to know who me real dad was. I wanted to know the man that my mother called a judgemental, noncaring son of a bitch who didn't own up to his responsibilites." She began laughing softly and shook her head while rolling her eyes. "Who knew that he would end up being one of the best fucks I've ever had." She turned away from him again and sniffled softly while drinking some more water.

So they lived that far away....well....it wasn't like it was the other side of the country, but still. "Feh....your mother was no angel either. Always lied about being pregnant....by the time she was telling the truth she'd cried wolf one too many times. That's why I walked out on her. I had no way of knowing she was actually telling the truth at last..." He grumbled and finished off his drink, rolling his own eyes at her last comment. "Yeah well I should hope you haven't had too many at your age...." The drink was starting to bring out the father in him....it was even helping him start to regret the way he'd treated her after finding out the news.....deep down he knew she hadn't known.....he knew it was all just a misunderstanding....but he'd been so angry....so shocked and overwhelmed. Who wouldn't be? First of all he finds out he has a daughter, then within seconds he finds out it's the girl he'd just slept with....who wouldn't over-react in that situation? "Guess I was a bit harsh though...."

"My age? You don't even know my age. Hell, you know nothing about me." she grumbled. "Besides, what would you care about how many guys I've slept with? It's my body and I'll do with it as I want." She snorted and finished off her water before sitting up straight, ignoring some of the looks she was starting to get. She looked around at the people around them and groaned before sliding off her seat and standing. She was a little wobbily before she caught her ballance and shook her head. "I'm not talking about this any more. I've a certain reputation to keep up amongst these people." she slurred.

"Of course I know your age, I remember when I left your mother so it's not exactly a stretch to figure 9 months after that you were born" He rolled his eyes and sipped at his water, glancing at her as she stood up. "A reputation hm? And just what kind of reputation is that? What kind of reputation could someone possibly have in a place like this besides the reputation of a drunk?"

Jewel narrowed her eyes at him and glared at her father. "I'll have you know, that this is the first time I've ever gotten drunk!" she said with a soft hickup. "My reputation around her is that of a respectable young woman from the local art college! After all, this is a popular club for the college students to visit." Looking at the bartender, she motioned for her purse and she took it once it was laid down, fishing out a large bill to pay for the drinks she had been served. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be heading home." With that, she began stumbling towards the entrance of the club and as she left, a man not much older then her followed a moment later.

Brad grumbled as he watched her go, turning back to the bar to get another glass of cold water, then glanced back at the door, raising an eyebrow as he watched someone following Jewel out, though this guy was clearly much more sober than her. "Hm....? Well that doesn't look good...." He frowned, downing the water and setting money down on the bar to settle his tab, then stood up to head out after them, rubbing his head as he exited the bar, glancing around to see which way Jewel had gone, no doubt followed by the other man.

Jewel was standing down the street under a street light and she could be seen argueing with the same man that had followed her out of the club. As she moved, the light from above her caught the tears on her pale cheeks as she stood there, her purse laying at her feet. The man infront of her reached out and grabbed her arms in his hands and yanked her towards him, causing the rather drunk woman to stumble into him. Jewel began yelling at him as she struggled against his grip. "Release me this instant!" she yelled. "I told you that we were over!"

Brad shook his head as he watched the exchange between Jewel and the young man "Hm? What the hell...?" He frowned as he grabbed her, walking towards them from behind the guy, reaching out for him and grabbing the guy's shoulder, pulling him away forcefully. "Hey, what the hell do you think you're doing pal? You get your hands off the lady before I beat the crap outta you" He growled and glared at the boy, pushing him away from Jewel.

Jewel took several unsteady steps backwards after Brad grabbed the guy and she rubbed her arms. "Just go home Roger." she said firmly when he opened his mouth to argue. "Don't.... just go." He glared at Brad before looking at Jewel one more time and walking off, leaving the blond to stand there with Brad as she ran her fingers through her hair.

Brad watched as the boy left, waiting until he was a good distance away before turning to face Jewel. "So you know that guy? Old boyfriend? What the hell was he trying to pull then huh?" Once more Brads fatherly instincts were kicking in....perhaps it was the drink...or perhaps it was just seeing her in that situation. Whatever the cause, he just hadn't been able to stop himself.

Jewel moved over to where her purse was and knelt down, beginning to pick up her things that had gotten spilt on the ground. "Yes, I know him." she said with a sigh. "He's my exboyfriend." She quickly finished gathering her things and stood back up, shouldering her purse with a deep sigh. "He started drinking heavily when we broke up after dating for eight years." The woman began searching through her purse for a hairtie. "Eight fucking years straight down the damned drain." she grumbled.

"Eight years? You were just a child when you got together then?" Brad folded his arms, then slowly leaned down to pick up the hairtie from the ground that Jewel had missed, then slowly held it out to her. "Here....you dropped this...." He sighed and shook his head. "Are.....you ok....? You look a little shaken up....guess I'm partly to blame for that..."

Jewel looked up and glanced at the hairtie in Brads hand and she slowly took it from him. "Thanks." she whispered before pulling her hair up into a quick and messy bun. "Well, I'll be twenty two in a few months, so eight years ago I was fourteen. We were something like high school sweethearts." She paused after she said it and shook her head with a snort. "Yeah, right." she mumbled. He took her by surprise when he asked her if she was okay and she nodded. "Yes, I'll be fine. It's nothing I'm not used to by now." She sighed and looked down at her arms where they still held dark red hand prints.

Brad slowly looked down at her arms, frowning as he felt another twinge of guilt and concern. "....Come on.....I'll take you back to my place and put some ice on those so they don't bruise..." He put a hand gently on her shoulder, then glanced around to signal them a cab. "I'm not gonna let that guy put his hands on you again though....not ever again..."

She slowly looked back up at him as he spoke about taking her back to his place and she nodded slightly. "Thanks." she whispered to him, watching him hail dowl a cab. It wasn't long before several cabs were moving their way.

Brad waited for a cab to pull up beside them, then slowly helped Jewel inside. When he'd met her earlier that evening he never imagined things would end up like this....they'd practically hated each other not too long ago, and now here they were acting like a real father and daughter....perhaps it was just the drink making them both act stupid. He just sighed and gave the cab driver his address, promising a generous tip if they arrived quickly, which they seemed to do in almost record time. Brad fulfilled his promise, then got out of the cab, helping Jewel out before heading inside and up towards his apartment, leading her inside once more and motioning for her to sit on the couch. "I'll get some ice packs for you...just relax ok?"

Jewel was silent during the ride to Brads apartment, gently leaning against him a little with her eyes closed and she would of fallen asleep if the ride had been any longer. Just as she began to doze off, the car pulled to a stop and Brad moving around made her open her eyes and sit up before sliding out of the car. She let him lead her into the building and up to his apartment where she sat down on his couch, dropping her purse at her feet. As she sat there, Jewel felt as if she were about to just break down and cry but she held back the tears that wished to fall. Turning slightly, she looked at the red marks on her arms which were already beginning to turn to bruises. Before Brad could leave the room, she looked up at him and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. "Thank you." she said softly.

"You don't need to thank me.....think of this as making up for how much of a bastard I was...." He got some ice-packs from his freezer, he always kept a few just incase, then walked back over, sitting down beside her and gently, almost lovingly, placing the packs down against her arms. "Maybe you should spend the night here....I'll sleep on the couch or something so you can sleep comfortably....I think you need it more than me"

She shook her head slightly. "I don't want to impose. I'd feel bad for kicking you out of your bed." she murmured. "I can call one of my friends to pick me up.... If they're still up." She placed one of her hands over his to gently take one of the ice packs from him. Slowly, she looked up at him again before looking away. In the club under the dim multicolored lights, Jewel had looked perfectly fine though a little tipsy. But now that she was sitting in his living room with the lights on, it was easy to see how tired the girl truely was. She looked a little older then she actually was and she looked as if she was under a good bit of stress.

"No....I insist....you need the rest. You can sleep in my bed, I fall asleep in my office half the time anyway. In the morning you can sleep in, I'll make you a nice breakfast.....you just need to relax..." Brad leaned in a little closer, reaching out to gently stroke her hair away from her face, then slowly reached up to gently wipe at her eyes before she could start crying. "I know it's not much and it's late but.....let me be a father, if only for a little while"

Jewel swallowed softly as he brushed her bangs from her face and she nodded slightly as he wiped her eyes. "O-okay." she said gently. She became silent for a little while before she spoke again. "I... I know you hate my mother for what she's done... but I don't want you to hate me. I swear, if I had known I never would of..." She trailed off and shook her head while turning her face away from him.

"I know I know....I was just angry....I wasn't thinking...." He sighed and slowly looked down aswell, shaking his head. "I was just so sure your mother would've filled your head with crap about me that you'd have turned out exactly like her....I'm sorry..." He reached out and slowly put a hand on her shoulder, rubbing it gently. "Think you can forgive me....?"

She looked back up at him as he rubbed her shoulder. "Trust me, I'm nothing like my mother used to be. A life as a single mother changed her. As I grew up, she always said she didn't want me to turn out like she did." Jewel sighed softly and brushed her bangs back from her face, tucking her hair back behind her ear before nodding slightly in responce to his question. "Yes, I think I can forgive you." she said with a small smile before looking down at her arm, moving the ice pack from the bruises to look at them.

Brad glanced down as Jewel removed the ice packs,, wincing at the sight of the bruises, though they were nowhere near as bad as they could've been. "Thank you for forgiving me....now....perhaps you should get some rest..." He looked up at her face once again, managing to smile slightly to her. "I'm going to try and make up for everything I said and did.....so if there's anything I can do....just let me know ok?"

Jewel sighed softly at the sight of the marks on her arms and made a mental note to call the cops about what had happened before looking up at Brad once more. "You're welcome." she murmured before nodding in agreement. She suddenly felt exhausted and she wanted nothing more then to just lay down and sleep. "Okay, I'll let you know." she said before slowly standing up. The teen held out the icepacks to him while yawning softly.

Back
Top Bottom