Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Student at Superhero High (KiraMusani x Frozen Princess)

Kitty simply rolled her eyes at all the cross talk in the mind-link and kept quiet.

Diana scrunched her nose a little.
"Though I agree that the GI's act despite their discipline, you are a little harsh on Har-"

Diana was cut off by Harley.
"Hey red I got dis, listen zippidy do da, I can be plenty serious when I want to be, and need to be, but things are sooo boring if you act that way all the time. You all need to lighten up."

"heh, Exactly, all I was going to say is what Harley said, she can be serious when she needs to be," Diana added.

Alina looked to Ivy as she spoke up.
"Too batman serious? I do not understand? Is he overly serious?" Alina asked not familiar with batman's demeanor yet.

"Oh, about throwing him in the water, I could just trap his head in a barrier and not allow oxygen to pass through it, so he suffocates that way." She offered, rather casually.

Megan narrowed her eyes.
"This is not some fun game, this is a mission, there is a threat to life here and you all need to take this seriously. Strange is after us and if we don't take every precaution we can, we could lose someone. If your fun is worth that go ahead and goof off" She lectured.

Last edited:
Ivy shook her head. "See, that's the point. It's kinda what Green Lantern Cruz wants to do. But see, as heroes, we aren't to stoop to the villain's level. That's kinda what you'd be doing, cuz that's kinda what he wants to do to those on that hit list of his that Jean and Kitty found all torn up."

I'd put money on Hugo Strange having a copy of that list. He wouldn't have torn up his only copy. And before you ask, Jean, yes you SHOULD warn Wanda. Scarlet Witch may be temperamental, and may have an issue with you... But if Charles is letting her stay here, she may want to be a hero. For that reason alone, someone needs to warn her. As well as the other Green Lanterns. Someone also needs to warn Barbara Gordon. Brinker advised. She added, You wanted me as one of the mentors, Jean... And you are the field leader... Delegate someone to do it.

Ivy and Alina would walk in on Batgirl studying in one of the classrooms. Found Batgirl being Batgirl. I can tell her, she hasn't met Alina yet anyway.

Jean groaned a 'why me'heard over the entire mind-link, before starting, I really don't want to send any of you to the witch's cauldron, but if someone volunteers?

Meanwhile, Ivy approached Batgirl who looked up, "Hi my other favorite redhead. Who's your friend? Is that the new girl Alina I've heard so much about?" She pulled her reading glasses off and smiled at both of them.

*Note: Barbara is yet ANOTHER redhead, and likes both Ivy and Jean as close friends.

Megan was relieved that they seemed to be focusing again.
"Copy that, I'll send a warning to Wanda and inform her to find one of the groups or find a teacher. Ivy, I trust you and Alina have Batgirl covered."

Alina nodded and blushed a little.
"Heh, lots of red paired girls here huh? Yeah, I am Alina, I umm, nice to meet you" she said holding a hand out toward her.
"What are your powers?"

Ivy nodded, yet thought, Yeah, we got the forensics teacher's daughter handled. She's about to find out. Ivy trepidatiously sat across from Barbara as she stood and took Alina's hand with an awkward smile. "I'm sorry, red paired?"

Ivy rolled her eyes. "Every redhead she's met so far has been claimed already... Except me. I think I'm the only one with red hair not spoken for."

Batgirl laughed and slapped her forehead, "Of course! I overthought it! As usual!" She looked at Alina. "Mine's up here... Believe it or not, with me just having a stereotypical blonde moment... I have an eidetic memory. I literally can't forget a face, or name once I match it to an image. Once it's in here," she patted the top of her head, "It's not going to come out until I recall it. Then, it's still there anyway. Right now, I'm trying to commit this whole book to memory, so Bookworm has at least ONE student who did her homework." She retook her chair and motioned for Alina to join the table by taking one of the two remaining chairs. "So... Social visit, Ives?"

Ivy shook her head. "Umm. Dr. Hugo Strange is loose and on campus. Already put Amethyst in the infirmary. Umm..." She looked up sheepishly, before glancing at Alina.

Batgirl sighed. "Let me guess... Because I have an eidetic memory, and can't be easily fooled by him... I'm on that list."

Ivy nodded and shrugged at the same time, glancing again at Alina, before again to Batgirl.

"Ivy. Technically, Alina is right. This red IS paired. Kara and I are just having difficulties. Mostly from her garlic breath every Thursday. Yeesh, she can seriously get strong at times." Batgirl then looked at Alina. "So, what are your powers? I mean, pegging me like that just by looking? I'm guessing something along the lines of observation skills. How DID you know I already had a girlfriend?"

Windy had been pouting and once the mind traffic cleared a little, said, Zippidy do-da, Harl? Really? It takes me half an hour to circumnavigate the world, most the other Flashes can do it in a second. You're giving me too much credit! Really. That's what Windy was the most upset about!

Scarlet Witch just rolled her eyes at Ms. Martian, and went for a hunt of Charles, because she thought this was a prank from Jean because she hit on Jean and Alina earlier. Nothing Ms. Martian could say would change her mind. When she found out from Charles it was no joke, of course she wanted to alter Hugo's reality for him a little, and Charles would have to calm her down, before she went off half cocked.

Alina blushed a little, she shook Barbra's hand and listened to the two talk before she took the third seat.

She nodded along, amazed with her abilities, she was always impressed with those who had high intelligence.

As Ivy mentioned Hugo Alina nodded.
"We are to protect you, if this bad man comes for you then we will stop but not kill him."

Alina blushed when asked if she had observation abilities. "Oh, no observation abilities, I figured you were dating cause umm, every other redhead has been dating other than Ivy, and you are all also so pretty I assumed Ivy was the exception. Or maybe it is because the others keep saying she stinks when upset, but there is no reason that you would not be dating. Also, I thought girls usually dated boys but it seems most girls date girls here. But that makes more sense to me since girls are pretty and boys aren't." She replied with a pause before realizing she had not yet explained her powers.

"Oh! My abilities are hard light fields, I think the technical term is, or barriers. You can hit me as hard as you want and it won't even hurt, or I can create barriers to trap or protect people. I am also able to allow certain things or not allow certain things to pass through the barrier, like oxygen for example." She paused for a moment thinking.
"There is more to it but that is a general idea, Oh! It also prevents me from hearing or speaking with my head like the others seem to do, like talk without their mouth, something link"

Harley decided to reply.
"Whatever, I don't get how you can't just like search the whole property in a few seconds, find 'em, and handcuff 'em before they even realize you are there. If I had that speed you can guarantee that even the bats couldn't hide from me"

Charles would also message Wanda once he figured out what she planned to do.
"Stay away Wanda, we don't know what strange is planning if he came for you he most certainly had a plan, he does not do things without what he believes is a guaranteed success. Our best play is Alina as he could not have calculated for her."

Barbara frowned. "Not sure that's a good idea. If I'm on Strange's list, there's a good bet a lot of others with strong minds and wills are. Namely Jean, Wanda, and any Green Lantern."

Ivy nodded. "Amethyst is from another world, and her gem acts like a refractor or a Green Lantern ring. Maybe even the power pack thing."

"Lantern, Ivy. Hence the heroes' name. I have to wonder if the other Lanterns wouldn't be attacked. Star Sapphire comes to mind. That runs on the power of love, and you have to have pretty strong will, even more so than green, to control that ring."

Ivy's eyes went wide. "Damn! Quincy! Charles! Jean! Ms. Megan! Somebody! I remember Dr. Quincy showing me a blue ring of the Green Lantern Corps. She doesn't use it, but don't you need a lot of mind control and willpower to control the ring since it's hope? And we all know Quincy has that in spades!

Ivy got up. "I think you just got elected to come with us. If you're right, and since Batman was the only ADULT on the list... Quincy herself could be in great peril!" She would practically drag both out of the class still screaming in her mind for the others.

"Heard you, Pammy, can you not yell?" Said a pink streak whizzing by, and a green streak as well, carrying Harley in a green see-through ball.

Jean also reiterated the message, Ivy.... Indoor voice, girl. That hurt. We were so focused on the students because that we didn't see staff as priority. I'm sorry, Charles, that's entirely on me, but the only staff name on the list was Batman's.

They would find Dr. Quincy's office ransacked and Hank talking to the woozy physician, who was blathering nonsense that sounded straight out of Through the Looking Glass. Even Hank had been too late. Strange had not found the ring because Quincy had started wearing it, but disguised as a sapphire pendant on her necklace.

Alina simply listened and nodded along with what they were saying, as they started to name others and talk about who might be a target and why she had nothing to offer. She did not know anyone outside the ones she had met. She had thought about mentioning Ivy since she was in the high-level classes but figured if she was a target then they would know, they were the smart ones after all.

"As Jean said, Ivy, the mind link does not require such enthusiasm, Hank is nearby and will check it out" Charles responded.

"Right she seems fine but ill check her in the lab to be safe. Could just be in shock, though having Jean or another psychic there to help sort out her head will be of great assistance." Hank started lifting her.
"At least the ring is safe" he added.

"I don't know why you are all focusing on this list so heavily, it's meant to confuse and disorganize you. Strange is brilliant and attacking here he would have a very particular plan, you really think he would need a list? And that he would randomly tear one up for us to find and read? No, I thought you were all supposed to be some sort of genius level, but you are acting like grad A idiots. Think about who this is, he isn't going to make two lists of his targets then just rip one up for us to find. We need to find them and stop them, all students and teachers on alert. We have no idea what his game is yet and if you think otherwise you are deluded." Jessica Jones said over the mind link.
"Now will you all shut up and only use this thing for real info, I can't think with all of you in my head"

Brinker jumped in, As the other mentor, Ms. Jones, I am going to have to partially disagree with you. Strange is cunning enough to throw red herrings... Which now that I thought about who is on the list and who isn't, this is exactly what you found, Jean... A red herring. For one thing, it wasn't shredded it was torn. It wasn't in little pieces, it was in fourths. Harley, you're learning psychology, wouldn't both those things, being a red herring and in fourths mean something to a clinical psychologist who went off the deep end? Like four victims, and a false lead at about the same time? Charles, she's right on one thing for sure. This school needs to go to lockdown and all heroes, students and staff, need to go to the highest alert we have here at Super Hero High. Everyone needs to watch everyone else's back, and be on guard. Three things have happened. The gem princess was stoned, something just happened to Quincy, that has her acting strange, and the false lead...

Barbara stopped both Ivy and Alina from going any farther as Supergirl crashed to the ground in front of them, got up, but only on her hands and knees and started jumping up and down yapping like a Chihuahua.... Or rather, a very mad Chihuahua. "Correction. Three of four down. Oh. Sorry. Three of four down. Ivy filled me in. Kara is acting strange. I see part of the problem, but she won't stop barking at me and trying to bite me to get close. She's got red kryptonite around her neck. Everyone knows what red kryptonite does to Kryptonians. It makes them.... Well... Wonky!

Supergirl then started yapping at Alina and nipping at her ankles, while also avoiding Batgirl and Ivy both.

Alina! Box or cage Super Ankle Biter there. What you did to me. Do that to Supergirl! But let her have oxygen. Maybe she'll knock herself out without realizing she's in a cage, by running into one of the walls. Jean said to Alina, forgetting she couldn't be linked in.

Ivy quickly relayed the message, including the part about letting Kara have air, just treat her like the dog she currently was.

"Well it's case by case, I don't exactly have a psychological profile for strange in front of me. Numbers can mean a great amount or nothing depending on the psychosis." Harley replied.

"Yeah, no shit nancy drew, of course, it's red herring, listen leave the detective work to the professionals. okay? If strange is as smart as you say why would he leave silly riddles for us to find out his plan. Get this place on lockdown and why don't one of you use your mind powers to find him?" Jones replied.

"Actually the Joker and plenty of other of Bat's Villains set up clues all the time, it's basically standard procedure for a super villain. "
Harley replied.

"That is incredibly stupid and unnecessary, do they want to be caught?" Jones replied in disbelief.

"Well you see, the so-called genius ones like to swing their dicks around and leave clues, thinking that even with that help they won't be stopped." Harley retorted.

"Well that makes sense for the male villains at least, guess outsmarting us is more important than their end goals" Jones sighed.

"Oh!" Alina jumped seeing Kara crash down.
"Hello I'm-" she started to introduce herself when Kara attacked.
"Hey, what are you doing?!" She called out at the others who were using the mind-link.
Once Ivy spoke up she nodded and took a step back as Kara was stopped by a barrier, surrounded and above.
"There, trapped with oxygen, which is my default by the way..." She added not sure why they specified.
"Why was she acting like that? Is she not one of the heroes? Is she despised like rabies or something? Did she get either of you?" Alina asked worried.

Last edited:
Ivy and Batgirl, neither of which saw the cage in action until just now, were beside themselves as they watched Kara literally knock herself out trying to get out of the barrier. It had at first just made the girl thinking she was a Chihuahua madder, and had her yapping more, and jumping around, before charging again and again, yelping with each hit. Finally, she collapsed and lay still.

"Good job, Alina! Except for one thing. The red kryptonite is still around her neck." Jean said, breathless running up to them.

"Dammit, Kara!" Batgirl groaned as she shook her head, and looked at Ivy's back side. She shook her head. "No. She almost got me though. Twice. She'd have drawn blood for sure if she had." She looked at Jean. "You should have let Kara bite Alina in the ankle. If what you guys fed me isn't a load of hooey, Alina wouldn't have been touched." She finally addressed Alina. "It'd been far worse for any of us if she had bit us. A human, or even Kryptonian, mouth has far more germs than a real dog's. Their saliva actually has antiseptic attributes. Kara's mouth is far more poisonous than Ivy's whole system." Again a look at Ivy's rump.

Ivy could feel the draft, "I think she ripped my dress. I don't think she got me in the ass, though, mighta been close." There was a chunk out of her dress and everyone could see her green panties. She then shook her head. "We don't know that for certain, Babs. My blood is poisonous now. We just learned that."

"Back on track, girls!" Jean whistled. "What do we do about her, and how do we get the necklace with red kryptonite off from around her neck?!" She pointed to the caged, unconscious Supergirl. "Ideas?" She even looked to Alina.

Brinker nodded with the back and forth between Harley and Jessica Jones. Welcome to our reality, Jessica. That used to drive me batty, pun intended, until I started getting a dossier on all the supervillains. I blame myself for letting you look at Mr. Mxyzptlk's files, Harley, you being just a student, I'm probably the reason you're crackers sometimes. Stuff in that file damn near drove ME crackers.*

*-In the Super Hero Girls universe nothing was originally said on what drove teen Harley coocoo, but the file on Mr. Mxyzptlk would certainly do it. Joker was not involved in her change in the universe we're using.

Alina suddenly held her hands forward as Kara's first lung made a visible crack in the barrier.
"Whoa! She is a strong one!" Alina declared as the cracks seemed to heal and her following hits didn't seem to have as much of an effect as Alina strengthened the barrier.

"Red Krypto what? You mean the necklace?" She asked looking at her as she lay unconscious.

Alina looked at Ivy's backside as well blushing.
"Oh, I guess those panties do look good, I can see why wearing them can be good" she stated as she stared for a moment or two.
She was distracted from her stare by the idea of letting Kara bite her.
"Oh, you think her bite would be strong enough to break my barrier, she is pretty strong." Alina looked at her with a quizzical look.
"Wait, did you say poison blood? I wonder if I have position blood, maybe mine isn't even red" she said looking at her hand.

"Oh, well I suppose I could just take it from her" Alina said with full confidence and walked into the cage she made and reached down to take the necklace from her.

"No worries doc, not like I'm crazy or anything plus we needed to figure that out to solve his current plot. Worth every quirk I may have gained" Harley replied.

The necklace hung around Kara's neck, and the question would be how did it get there. Kara wouldn't have knowingly put something like that around her own neck. A question that wouldn't be answered for 24 hours, as Barbara explained that to Alina, as well as what she meant. "Kara was attempting to bite your ankle. She does think she's a little Mexican ratdog." She pulled out her phone and showed a picture of the actual breed. "That red rock around Kara's neck has her thinking she's one of these. They're notoriously aggressive, basically a big dog in a little dog's body. There's something else I should tell you, but the 24 hours clock won't start until the necklace is removed and gotten out of that cage. She needs to stay in there."

Even Jean held her breath as Alina lifted the necklace off from around Kara's neck, and in a flash, so quick Alina wouldn't have seen it, Kara did bite the hand holding the necklace, with a growl.

"She was faking, the little rat!" Jean gasped, as Kara covered her nose and mouth, like a dog would, whining profusely. "Alina, give me the necklace and let me see your hand!" Quickly she summoned Charles as she figured Ms. Martian would be searching for Hugo Strange. Charles, already know you've heard that Kara's been poisoned with red kryptonite and thinks she's a Chihuahua. Alina was probably the best one to go retrieve the necklace she had on that was red kryptonite, but Kara was being a typical Chihuahua, playing possum. Alina got bit. So far, looks like Kara got the worse end of it. Haven't seen Alina's hand yet.

"That's what I was going to warn you, Alina. Chihuahuas are notorious for faking being hurt in hopes to get a bite or nip in anyway. Dammit, Kara!" She then shook her finger at the whining Kara, laying there with her mouth covered. "I'm not going to feel sorry for you! Bad dog! Bad!"

Kara blinked as she was scolded and looked like she wanted to cover her whole head, now. Her whining was starting to become pitiful.

Jean said, "Yeah, Kara, you should be sorry! We were trying to help you!" Good thing she was a mind reader. The Supergirl persona was in there, just buried due to the Kryptonite radiation poisoning. Even Jean knew better than to try to rush the next 24 hours. Supergirl was stuck as a Chihuahua... And stuck in the cage. She took Alina's hand to look at, and said calmly, "Can you maintain that barrier cage for 24 hours? The last thing we need is a superpowered dog loose on campus."

Brinker sighed. Jury's still out on that, Harl. You just haven't been showing systems of a true psychosis. You still have to see me once a week. As for Strange, and this is for everyone. You, too, detective, so listen up. Strange was always fascinated with experiments with the mind, and as a doctor with Arkham, experimented with hypnosis and other forms of mental therapy that many doctors there frowned upon. After being fired from there, he tried his hand at a private practice, where Batman was involved. Details are sketchy on everything he went through while undercover, but suffice it to say, Strange thinks he knows something and has something on Batman. The way he took out Princess Amethyst says he may know our weaknesses. All of us. Civilian and hero alike. If so, he's going to continue to attack those of us with strongest willpower to stave off hypnosis. Charles, you, Jean and Wanda come immediately to mind, followed by any lanterns, Ms. Jones, Diana, Ms. Martian, and a whole host of others. Our brain trust needs serious protection. Harley. You and Ms. Martian my office. Pronto. I'll explain there just for us in a private link.

Alina nodded along with Barbra as she listened to her explain the situation. Once she had finished Alina moved in.

As Kara lunged forward and bit down on Alina she simply kept moving, didn't even flinch. Perhaps her life and lack of pain had removed that gut instinct that caused flinching? After all, if nothing hurt you, what would you need to avoid or block? Though this wasn't something Alina would explain or even mention unless asked about it.

Alina did stop with the necklace in hand after she was bit, looking at Kara as she whined for a moment before leaving the cage.
"Okay, should I keep holding this so it does not affect anyone else?" She asked not knowing that Kryptonite was uniquely used for Kara and superman. As she did this she showed her clasped hand, in a fist to cover the entirety of the ring, to Jean as she had requested, not even a dent in the skin, heck wasn't even wet from saliva.

"Oh maintain it? Well, my barriers don't usually work that way, they just kind of stay there until destroyed or I actively remove them. I can repair, strengthen or weaken them while I can see them. I could stay here to make sure she does not break it. But if you know that she won't do anything with more force than she already has it should be there indefinitely or until a greater force destroys it."

As Alina explained for those who knew about how the helicopter crashed, it begged the question, would there be invisible barriers hanging in the sky above their backyard? Alina was unconscious so would not have removed it, and if it was strong enough to take out a helicopter and survive, another flying vehicle or hero might run into it by mistake and get hurt.

"Oh yeah, trust me I'd know if I was bonkers, but whatever do your tests" Harley replied.

"Okay so let me get this straight, you are worried Strange might want to get all of us with mind-resistant abilities. Maybe the paper doesn't signify four, maybe since we had to put the pieces back together to get the answer. That us coming together is his goal? That is how your dumb ass villains work isn't it?" Jones asked.

Meanwhile, the ones requested agreed and started to head toward the office to meet her.

Jean made a face and then relayed the information via the mind link to Charles, who had to take back over as M'gann had been called to Brinker's office with Harley. After a few minutes of unheard conversation with Charles, Jean relayed the message out loud to Alina. "Ivy, take Batgirl and get you a change of clothes from the clothing store. I'll shoot Logan a quick mind message to get you in with no questions. Meet both of us back here when you're properly attired." She sighed and looked at Alina. "Charles said not to be surprised if I didn't see anything, but no. He wants you to give me the kryptonite and then to get it to him at my earliest convenience. I'm to see that my earliest convenience is within the hour. It has to be put in a lead casing that can't be seen through, so sorry, no more barriers from you for now. We may have to use that for a jail for Strange anyway. He also wants to know if you might not have forgotten something once you became conscious, that might be blocking our airspace. I have NO idea what he's talking about, but he assured me you do, or it'll dawn on you."

You're getting there, but don't have a clear picture of the curious mad doctor type. Brinker said calmly, You're thinking too much into it. If the idea was to bring us together, why would he need to leave the paper, and only in four parts? The clue for a mad mind doctor is he's already set up the experiment and is waiting for the results. How we handle the, basically shutting down of four of our strong willed ones, or rather three and the most invulnerable one...

Windy interrupted thinking about as fast as her speed. OMG!OMG! OMG! I'M number four! Think about it! Amethyst. Dr. Quincy. Supergirl. Don't you see?! Amethyst represents like you guys. Jean, Prof, Ms. Jones... Mind people, Supergirl self explanatory, Quincy is the Lantern.... GULP. I'M the Flash! Batman was in caps, right?! I'm the Flash!!!! What do I do? Wattido?! Wattido?! Mommy.... We all had the scrambled eggs, bacon bits and chopped veggies breakfast wraps, too.... Errrp* the mind link abruptly cut off. Strange had his fourth victim. Windy had actually activated the foodbourne reaction, by worrying about it. Diana would find her leaning against a tree, mouth open, eyes crossed and drooling.

Anyone who had that particular breakfast reports to the infirmary, now. No exceptions. Hank, do you copy? Can you at least treat Quincy and get her back to herself. Now we know how Kara got the red kryptonite necklace. Charles stated in a voice not unlike weatherman James Spann* during a tornado warning. Quietly, but with a sense of urgency.

*Bing or Google Weatherman James Spann, and listen to one of his broadcasts.

Alina hesitated on giving her the necklace.
"You won't go crazy too?" She asked but trusted her after confirmation that she would be fine, handing the necklace over. Alina thought to herself about what he might mean.
"Airspace? Oh! The barriers I used to crash the helicopter! Yeah, they may have been destroyed, but anyone flying overhead might be in trouble if not." She pointed out, though knew she was not allowed outside by herself.

"Alright, take the case over then, clearly your villains think differently, I'll work at this on another angle. So signing off" She declared before Charles spoke up.
"She just broke from the mind link"

Hank confirmed he could create an antidote after collecting some of the food as a sample. And that they need to also find out how he managed to get to the food without anyone knowing.

Diana took off, shouting in the mind link for Windy.
"Windy! Windy! Where are you?!" She called out.

"Gah! Hey easy toots! No need to scream!" Harley called out.
"Check the Yard!"

Diana ran and found WIndy, picking her up and bringing her to the medical lab as fast as she could.
"I have her! going to the medical lab now!"

Last edited:
Jean made a face as she put the red kryptonite necklace around her own neck for now, seeing as her green and yellow costume didn't have pockets. "Alina. You ARE outside. You had to come in the yard for Supergirl to drop from the sky. You're with me so you aren't alone." She gave Alina a puzzled expression. "Are you okay? Strange didn't affect you, did he?" Jean didn't know that due to her waking up late, Alina didn't have breakfast, and of those that did, it was more the health minded like Alina's barrier would have made her, that ate the scrambled egg wrap. Luckily, Alina didn't get to eat from sleeping in late.

Brinker shook her head as Jones cut her link on her own. "Bother." She muttered as she looked at Harley and Ms. Martian. After taking a deep breath, she began. "I called you two specifically because something about this reeks." She then nodded. "Megan. Tie only the three of us in please." After the link was established, she pinched the bridge of her nose. Harley, you're getting As in the Criminal Psychology class with Batman and Quincy, I'm not sure if you're in the class, too, Megan, but I need you to put your heads together and tell me who Strange would enlist help with this. It's too organized. Time Master? Clock King? Look how orderly it fell. I'm sure Jessica Jones will reach this same conclusion soon, but I'm enlisting you girls, since time is of the essence. Sadly, we need answers fast.

Batgirl had left Ivy at the store to find a dress and ran to the cafeteria, getting Hank's requested specimens. She knocked on the door before entering. "Dr. Beast, sir? It's Babs. Babs Gordon? I have your samples." She held the container out that had the eggs, meat, pita bread and the vegetables. "When I explained why I needed it, the cook turned a little green and told me to just take it. He'd suddenly lost his appetite."

Alina looked around.
"Oh, I am fine, I thought that this didn't count as outside, because of the walls." She said as she looked up.
"It's too far, I need to get up higher to affect the barrier. And even if I did eat the bad food, my barrier would have stopped it before I could, it won't allow me to eat unhealthy let alone poisoned food." She explained.

Megan nodded and set up a mind link for the three of them.
"All set"

"Honest, it could be anyone, at least anyone that he can affect," Megan replied.
"He will probably go for those closest to the ones he is after. He seems to be focusin on four of the original members" Harley interjected.

Hank answered the door and motioned for Batgirl to come in.
"Yes Mrs. Gorden, please come in. And inform the others that the chef should be interviewed, he was likely gotten to by Strange." He took the ingredients and got to work.

"Just Miss Gordon, or Babs, if you please, Dr. Beast." She wasn't sure she could address Hank McCoy any other way, as she knew about him, but this was the first time they met. She sent a blank look Beast's way. "Beg pardon, Doctor? You mean the head chef over the lunchroom in general? Or the breakfast only, which would actually be the head cook, and the very person I got these leftovers from?" The breakfast would contain the traces Beast would need for his antidote, which also would dispell any idea of the cook even knowing he had done anything wrong, and clue everyone in to hypnosis and point the finger to another likely Strange ally... Jervis Tetch. The Mad Hatter.

Jean nodded. "Alright. Follow me. We'll clear the walls, and I'll need you to hang on to me tightly, just don't choke me, please, and I'll fly you up to the bell tower. Hopefully, that's high enough."

And as Alina would learn... Jean was just learning her levitating/flying powers, and would indeed fly "like a drunk cat", as Jessica Cruz would say. They'd get safely up there, but both would need rescue. Jean was afraid of trying to come back down, little alone with a passenger.

"I will refrain from blocking your airflow" Alina nodded and climbed onto her back.

As they made it high enough Alina released Jean and seemed to stand on nothing mid-air and reach up for a moment.

"There Barrier went" Alina declared seeing Jean having issues coming up she decided going down might be easier alone for her.
"Don't worry, I'll get myself down, do you need help?" Alina asked.

"You can call me Hank, or Dr.Mckoy" Beast answered.
"Or Beast if you prefer"

Last edited:
Jean shook her head and sat there in the bell tower. Ivy had came out and saw Alina standing on nothing and Jean looking a little pale and rode a vine up to them. "Here. Like Jack and the Beanstalk. Well, I guess Jill, huh? Grab on and shimmy down. You, too, Jean."

Barbara smiled and nodded. "So, Dr. McCoy, what can I do to help?" As soon as she was told she got right to work, and soon had the properties catalogued for him, and correctly. She was Batgirl, after all, as well as the Forensics teacher's daughter.

Meanwhile, in the private meeting between the three, Brinker grimaced. Or the proteges that have shown the most promise... Id est: Supergirl, Superman's cousin, and Velocity, who is actually all the Flashes favorite student, even if she is a little too slow of speed, according to Barry. She took a breath and shook her head, placing a hand to it. Accessibility would be more Strange's speed rather whom HE can affect. Hatter, Scarecrow, Time Master and Clock King, all of which Strange would have seen the files of as a doctor at Arkham. Organization is big with three of, but Strange would love that Scarecrow runs experiments on the psyche. Especially how fear drives us. Preliminary ideas on how to stop him and whomever of these four he's picked. Let's have a working idea for each... That way we're ahead of the ballgame. Brinker wasn't going to take chances. Any ideas on stopping whichever partner of Strange's would not be dismissed.

Last edited:
Alina nodded.
"Oh good it looked like she needed help, if you got her, then I can meet you both at the bottom," She told her before dropping suddenly as she removed the barrier she was standing on and started to plummet.

Beast nodded and got to his own work assisted by her. "Good job Mrs. Gordan" He said as he started the last steps of the antidote.

"Yes well I know that Batman has a plan for most of them, contact him and ask if he has an idea for the possible combinations we are thinking we might encounter" Charles replied.

As Jean started climbing down the vine, a bit slow for Ivy's liking, Alina decided to plummet, in Ivy's opinion, on the way down, rushing Jean who started yelling about Alina hitting terminal velocity, Ivy swung the vines over below Alina and caught her almost causing the big fan-like leaf to groan in protest, enough that even Alina would hear it. Jean did and hopped the remaining ten feet she was to the ground. "The vine didn't like that." She called up.

Ivy nodded. "I heard, Jean, thanks." Then to Alina as she held onto her for the ride down. "The vine's saying that was a foolhardy stunt. You were at least 100 feet off the ground and would have hit terminal velocity for both you and whatever plant you hit. Even if it was the grass. It's asking you, and so am I, not to try that again, please."

Brinker agreed and released Ms. Martian and Harley to get back to hunt for other clues as she typed out a letter detailing who were affected, from what, and that Beast was creating an antidote, before explaining the hypothesis of Strange having orderly help due to how organized the attack was. She farther requested ideas for each possible pairing whether it was Jervis Tetch, Jonathan Crane, William Tockman (Clock King), and Nathaniel Richards (Kang the Conqueror, Marvel's time villain) to Batman in an email. She wanted a plan of action prior to anything else being uncovered.

Alina was surprised that she was caught and looked at the others.
"Huh?!" She listened to their request and paused before responding.
"Oh I did not think of that, but I can also place a barrier over the ground in the place I want to land, that way the grass won't get hurt." She explained taking a step forward and standing an inch above the ground now.
"Also I am pretty sure terminal velocity takes at least 1500 feet in order to hit. But anyway, be assured next time I am falling a great distance, assuming I am conscious I'll use a barrier to protect the ground." She assured, hoping that would satisfy them.

Mrs. Martian and Harley both nodded and left to do just that while Beast finished the antidote.
"Okay Antidote did, now if a speedster could help deliver it to all the students which ate the breakfast this morning, and get all the chefs to therapy."

Ivy shrugged as they landed and set Alina on her feet on the ground. "I dunno if I like that idea either. It's akin to hitting concrete when it's water or the ground as is. And both of those give, whereas your barriers do not." She pointed to Kara who was scratching herself behind the ear... With her foot, which was at least still shod.

Babs sighed, "Tell you what. I'll call you Hank if you please, please, please call me Babs. I'm not married yet, and I'd probably take the last name of whichever girl I accept. And if it's Kara, it'll be the Kryptonian one. Zor-El." Of course she had a few other girls she was chasing, including Lady Shazam and Lady Lynx. "I can start on the latter if you give Velocity the antidote first. With her metabolism, she'll be golden pretty quickly."

If it was taken orally, Beast would only have to massage Windy's throat a little to get her to swallow, and wait ten seconds before she'd be back to herself.

Alina got to the ground.
"Well you are right, but it's not like the fall will hurt me, I have dropped onto steel at terminal velocity before, as well as my barriers. Also how long will she be like that for? We took away the necklace shouldn't she be better?"

"Heh, sure thing Babs, and sure." He said taking out what looked like a small gun and injecting her.
"Once she is ready let her know who all she needs to inject."

Back
Top Bottom