Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chained Worlds [OOC]

So I'm tentatively interested in this setting. But I have some things I'd like addressed before I commit to submitting a CS.

I noticed a lot of numbers and faux mechanics of stats. Do we HAVE to deal with those? Like, I adamantly avoid RPs with stats and numbers that correlate to the character's abilities and such. Would it be possible to create a character and forego all the numbers and stats and levels? They don't seem to have any real consequence to the RP anyway. I really, REALLY don't want to keep track of numbers. It is very much UN-fun for me.

Secondly, are we restricted to the races listed?
I'm not particularly interested in the classic protagonist races. I dont mean that I want to go all wayward with a demonic frog-man/ half-lamia or anything like that. But would you be opposed to me RPing as say, an ogress?

Same goes with the classes. I'm looking for something less boxed in. None of the "Character A can only equip Class X gear" type of stuff. something a little more organic, like a heavy-hitter bandit type. And bandit doesnt mean you automatically have to be sneaky and use knives or be prescribed to a skillset or weapon type. It just means you rob people for a living. The notion I had would definitely not fit into any of the catagories of a Knight, Berserker, Assassin, Archer, Elementalist, or Cleric. j/s
Great questions!

For stats, no, you don't have to use them! Some of us extra nerds might use them to keep up with the MMO themes. However, I did generically recommend people using % for HP. Just so you can say, "hey, I only have 2% HP left, I better get out of here!" Anything else, that would depend on you!

Sadly, races are fixed. This is again to keep up with the MMORPG theme where there are only so many races and classes, this also helps me as a GM for the big picture. However, there are some workarounds. For example, Mike is saying a ring allows him to transform into a werewolf. There also could be "cash shop" costumes (that are realistic!) that can give you an alternative appearance. Also, I'll mention now just in case there is any confusion, everyone still has a human mind, since the players in "RL" are human still too. But anyway, if you want to lean away from a race, you should have an explanation for it if that be items, costume, or maybe even a special quest!

I'm sorry that the classes seemed boxed in, but once again, this is an aspect of an MMORPG themed RP. If it helps at all, I've been very flexible if people lean out of their class some. Example is that I'm playing a nature cleric, but she is actually ice based. This isn't the most typical, but all her abilities have a unique frosty element. Someone mentioned a Paladin, which isn't on the list, but that person could be a knight with a healing item. Also, the classes are generic in a way, just because someone is a "knight" doesn't mean they need to look like a knight that guards some castle. It is just saying it is a tank that have a shield more or less. And as I wrote in a few locations, you are allowed items that allows you to have abilities out of your class. Example would be if my healer had a necklace that let her shoot fireballs or gave her "superhuman strength." There are a lot of possiblies, but I do have to remain strict about at least the foundation or things might get messy.

If you have any more questions, please let me know!

----

@Razgriz, are you going to post?

Great questions!

For stats, no, you don't have to use them! Some of us extra nerds might use them to keep up with the MMO themes. However, I did generically recommend people using % for HP. Just so you can say, "hey, I only have 2% HP left, I better get out of here!" Anything else, that would depend on you!
Okies, thats cool.

Sadly, races are fixed. This is again to keep up with the MMORPG theme where there are only so many races and classes, this also helps me as a GM for the big picture. However, there are some workarounds. For example, Mike is saying a ring allows him to transform into a werewolf. There also could be "cash shop" costumes (that are realistic!) that can give you an alternative appearance. Also, I'll mention now just in case there is any confusion, everyone still has a human mind, since the players in "RL" are human still too. But anyway, if you want to lean away from a race, you should have an explanation for it if that be items, costume, or maybe even a special quest!
eh... no, not really what i meant. I didnt mean an ogre skin for a character that is otherwise something else.
What if... could I RP as one of the NPCs? Like, maybe my character is instead of one of the trapped characters, is an ogress from the game itself?

I'm sorry that the classes seemed boxed in, but once again, this is an aspect of an MMORPG themed RP. If it helps at all, I've been very flexible if people lean out of their class some. Example is that I'm playing a nature cleric, but she is actually ice based. This isn't the most typical, but all her applies have a unique frosty element. Someone mentioned a Paladin, which isn't on the list, but that person could be a knight with a healing item. Also, the classes are generic in a way, just because someone is a "knight" doesn't mean they need to look like a knight that guards some castle. It is just saying it is a tank that have a shield more or less. And as I wrote in a few locations, you are allowed items that allows you to have abilities out of your class. Example would be if my healer had a necklace that let her shoot fireballs or gave her "superhuman strength." There are a lot of possiblies, but I do have to remain strict about at least the foundation or things might get messy.
Okay, so given all that. What class would an ogress a giant female character that has a lot of health and strength, and not much else in terms of things like charisma and intelligence, fall into? Not real big on armor items, and her weapon is a giant, Mimic Axe. I want to especially note that she would NOT be a Berserker class, simply because she doesnt do that Rage b/s. I guess she'd be like a barbaric thief type. Where would that fall in?

Last edited:
What if... could I RP as one of the NPCs? Like, maybe my character is instead of one of the trapped characters, is an ogress from the game itself?
NPCs are soulless-like people. It is supposed to be obvious who is a player and who is a NPC due to their flat traits. While I think that is a fair idea from a story point of view, it doesn't mesh well since that would mean all NPCs should be as aware and alive as yours.

She would NOT be a Berserker class, simply because she doesnt do that Rage b/s. I guess she'd be like a barbaric thief type. Where would that fall in?

I would say she is still a Berserker based on weapon, more than likely damage based, and doesn't use a shield. Your character doesn't need to rage, and while I have set classes, I do not have set abilities for anyone. You could craft your own skills, and while the name Berserker suggests one might 'rage', you can look at it abstractly, such as the love for battle, adventure, violence, victory, orrrr whatever your character desires gives them strength in that class instead of just 'rage'. I hope that makes sense.

You might be able to pull off a unique Assassin route, but that might be a long shot lol.

Sorry that my foundation isn't the most fitting for your character, but I'm sure we could work with Berserker minus the rage. Razgriz is playing a more or less barbarian with the berserker title. There is almost no different tbh for how flexible this RP can be.

Last edited:
I believe we have to deal with levels and stats to SOME degree. Sure, they may not come up much during casual play around the hub and even less during sexy times, but they are still there. Like, if you spend 90% of your time around town doing whatever then you probably don't need to worry about numbers too much unless money is concerned.... that is assuming the main hub and other towns are safe zones where PvP is not allowed.
BUT if you spend any amount of time out in the field, then stats, skills and levels are a necessity to keep track of to some degree unless you want to end up dead. Think of it like WoW or FF14 where if your character is level 10 and you go into a zone populated by level 30+ monsters, you are pretty much guaranteed to have a bad time.

As far as classes are concerned.... Yeah, I kinda agree on them being a bit too limited. On the other hand, just because something doesn't exist on that list doesn't mean we can't do it.
I kinda want to play a summoner-type character, but since Elementalist implies casting spells that are directly related to doing damage, I imagine a Cleric would be more appropriate for it. You know, perform some ritual while praying to some angelic/demonic/whatever entity to lend their power in the form of a powerful avatar, while at max level quite literally summon the Goddess/Demoness herself. How badass would that be?

Then again we are given plenty of freedom to do whatever we want. That being said, a character who got to lv50 purely by getting fucked as much as possible does sound amusing but unlikely xD

I believe we have to deal with levels and stats to SOME degree.
Technically, someone could play in the hub as a player who just wants to sell their items from background adventures and such. I don't require stats, since some might be able to find a creative way around even thinking about it much or they have partners who also are able to avoid it.

I also can't demand stats either without a detailed working system. From exp, class/race based stats, baselines for items, enchanting, and a million other things. Can I do it? Yeah, but it is going to be a nightmare to manage with random people online (no offense to anyone! Hugs). We will get lost in numbers even with an 'easy' system. Stats are up to the players, and they can be simply desribed as, "I'm playing a dark elf so I have a boost in magic damage.". If there is an issue that comes up if it feels someone is god moding or something similar, I'll get it sorted out as the GM. Stats are intimating to some, and I'm not trying to intimidate nor make too complex of a system. As a GM, I do praise those who use stats, as I have in this thread. I enjoy it and the creativity it can bring, but I will not make it a requirement. It isn't fair to those who want to enjoy the RP for the more social or psychological reasons, especially since some characters might find it pointless to keep exploring/level.

I kinda want to play a summoner-type character, but since Elementalist implies casting spells that are directly related to doing damage, I imagine a Cleric would be more appropriate for it. You know, perform some ritual while praying to some angelic/demonic/whatever entity to lend their power in the form of a powerful avatar, while at max level quite literally summon the Goddess/Demoness herself. How badass would that be?
That would be a cool idea! That would fit enough in the class. It could be like someone taking a different skill tree. Also, for summoning, another way you can play a summoner is once again items or artifacts. Your character could have spent a lot of gold or time to get these artifacts that allow summoning. A summon could also be tied to a weapon... and there are also pets and mounts which maybe you could put an additional spin on! But yeah, I know some areas are limited, but I knew without some ground, this could turn into the wild west, so I tried to stay traditional to get everyone on the same page, at least for a starting point.
A character who got to lv50 purely by getting fucked as much as possible does sound amusing but unlikely xD
That does sound pretty amusing lmao.

@Passion @Murdergurl
Maybe give her a ring/artifact that gives her the ability to grow to that size? We'll say it doubles her size, health pool and strength but decreases her evasion/agility to compensate. Sure, it wouldn't make her an ogre/giant by definition, but gives her the size advantage of one. Besides that, the personality that your character has can be anything she wants, so nothing is stopping her from behaving like a barbaric ogre regardless.

Edit; Profile submitted. Lemme know if anything is wrong. If not, I shall wait for an appropriate time to post

Last edited:
Yup! An item like a ring can work. Another easy way could being saying she did a special quest possibly as well.

---

@AnemicLeorath, approved!

---

To my RP skeleton crushing party, I'll reply later on today. Zzz.

@Passion @Murdergurl
Maybe give her a ring/artifact that gives her the ability to grow to that size? We'll say it doubles her size, health pool and strength but decreases her evasion/agility to compensate. Sure, it wouldn't make her an ogre/giant by definition, but gives her the size advantage of one. Besides that, the personality that your character has can be anything she wants, so nothing is stopping her from behaving like a barbaric ogre regardless.
Yup! An item like a ring can work. Another easy way could being saying she did a special quest possibly as well.
yeah... I'm just not too keen on the entirety of her size and strength hinging on a single item that can be lost/stolen/etc. or otherwise having just the veneer of being a huge giantess.

After thinking about it, I'm prolly gonna rescind my interest. I was hoping for some wiggle room as far as classes and races. But if that's not in the cards, I'm not so interested, afterall. Hence why I asked before I bothered to submit an entire CS to deliberate over. Thank you for your time, regardless.

yeah... I'm just not too keen on the entirety of her size and strength hinging on a single item that can be lost/stolen/etc. or otherwise having just the veneer of being a huge giantess.
Kinda hard to have your ring get stolen/lost if you never take it off, but fair enough. I could turn my character into a dwarf so she is twice his height no matter what

Kinda hard to have your ring get stolen/lost if you never take it off, but fair enough. I could turn my character into a dwarf so she is twice his height no matter what
It's just the fact that she's not actually an ogre character and masquerading as one that really bugs me. I know that the characters are supposed to be humans playing a game. But to put things in perspective, when I play video games, I make my first run through it just so I can get a grip of the mood and flavor, so that when I make my actual character that I intend to play through with, I can make them with appropriated names and such. In other words, I try to make my characters as legit to the natural setting as possible. So faking an ogre isn't really what I wanted to do.

It's just the fact that she's not actually an ogre character and masquerading as one that really bugs me. I know that the characters are supposed to be humans playing a game. But to put things in perspective, when I play video games, I make my first run through it just so I can get a grip of the mood and flavor, so that when I make my actual character that I intend to play through with, I can make them with appropriated names and such. In other words, I try to make my characters as legit to the natural setting as possible. So faking an ogre isn't really what I wanted to do.
Then maybe this is to be the first run through, not the later intended character?

Then maybe this is to be the first run through, not the later intended character?
I'm talking about me irl with the run through. What I mean to say, is that I dislike having characters that are out of place/out of lore or otherwise faked-up.

I'm talking about me irl with the run through. What I mean to say, is that I dislike having characters that are out of place/out of lore or otherwise faked-up.
That's... kinda the whole premise of this whole thing. People getting stuck playing as characters who are not really them, regardless if they were on their "main" character or not.

That's... kinda the whole premise of this whole thing. People getting stuck playing as characters who are not really them, regardless if they were on their "main" character or not.
yeah, i know. I mean that as a player, I don't like my characters to be out of place with the world/lore. So if I were playing say... Neverwinter, And my character is a halfling. But I got some skin unlock option in the menu for my character that made them look like an orc. I wouldnt use it because they arent actually an orc. At least, I wouldn't use it as the premise for being an orc. To disguise myself as one sure. But i'd just make an Orc character if I wanted to be an orc.

I offered as much flexibility as I can provide. I hate to be this blunt, but I think it is better for people to make a character for the rp, instead of trying to make a character fit in. It would be smoother.

I think that Chris was onto something. You could take inspiration from your real life with MMOs, where you are RPing a character you were doing a first run with, and now you are trying to create the character/life you want to live in this world! My character has a bit of this. She picked the 'wrong class' and is kinda pissy she is a healer lol.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell ya.

yeah, i know. I mean that as a player, I don't like my characters to be out of place with the world/lore. So if I were playing say... Neverwinter, And my character is a halfling. But I got some skin for my character that made them look like an orc. I wouldnt use it because they arent actually an orc. i'd just make an Orc if I wanted to be an orc.
That's fair. Though I don't know what to tell you, no matter what we do none of our characters are ever truly 'out of place/lore' because they themselves are playing fake characters that exist in a fake world where the NPC's don't really give a flying fuck who they talk to regardless of what they did 10 seconds ago right in front of them. (unless there's a reputation system that I'm not aware of)
The only exception to this would be someone who somehow found a way to toggle on godmode / admin powers and just start deleting and spawning shit left and right.

I offered as much flexibility as I can provide. I hate to be this blunt, but I think it is better for people to make a character for the rp, instead of trying to make a character fit in. It would be smoother.
no worries, it's fine. I wasn't trying to force anything. That's why I was asking in the first place, to see if what I wanted would fit.

And yes, I've been told lots of times that it's better to make a character for the RP than to try and fit my pre-existing notions in. The problem with that, is I rarely (and I mean RARELY) ever see group RPs that interest me enough with what they have available for me to want in on that premise. For instance, here: Not interested in playing as the classic races.

If not an ogre, I might have also considered a goblin. But obvs thats not in there either.

Anyways, it's not a big deal. I was just asking if it would work. But it doesn't. No harm, no foul.

I honestly just went with the Berserker because it's about fitting what you like into a given system (and I'm always the aggressive frontrunner in games like this. And if it helps I'm a Titan main in Destiny). In a way I view this as kind of a WoW setting in terms of character choices (though even more free-form since skills/abilities/such aren't 'locked in').

The class system in this RP (I feel) is intended to have a general playstyle for each (Bersekers attack, Tanks protect, etc) while still allowing good deals of freedoms for how the character accomplishes the goal of its class, even when it comes to aesthetics.

That's just me though.

@Passion

Sorry if this is out of line, but two of the skeletons are dead. Kain killed one and I had Rath kill another (the one that was second lowest on HP)

Hullo! I'm certainly interested in the game, but having a bit of trouble finalizing a character concept. Is there anything the group feels the game needs in particular?

You mean besides ladies in general? Never enough of those.
Besides that, we don't seem to have an archer anywhere in the roster, but I don't think we necessarily need one.

I have noticed there is a lot of male characters over female, but I could potentially make a female character, to booster the ratio.

The only counter is that she's always been written as a powerful magical Kitsune (Fox demon)/Lust demon, both which are races unavailable and honestly, none of the other class really match her all that well.

She's someone who could turn you into her personal fuck slave for a few hours and then steal everything you own, leaving you naked in a ditch with naught but shattered dignity.

Though, I can see Hunter being hunted by Cleric, as I'm sure many would see him as a demonic beast given human disguse. Say he came across any Cleric (Ether NPC or Player), they would fight. He would win with his high level but then he would struggle with his own beastly nature as the werewolf would take a female cleric down to 1hp before he'd fuck her and steal everything she owns. It's a constant battle of will for Hunter whenever he takes on Werewolf form.

The only counter is that she's always been written as a powerful magical Kitsune (Fox demon)/Lust demon, both which are races unavailable and honestly, none of the other class really match her all that well.
There was basically this same discussion earlier where even if a race or class doesn't technically exist in the rules it doesn't mean that it can't be done.

In your case, looking like a fox lady? Easy. Clothing, accessories, butt plug for the tail, done. Lust demon? Same thing.
Class on the other hand.... I dunno. Technically you dont need any particular class to be a seductress, but for that whole mind/memory manipulation shenanigans you would probably need some very specific potions and perfumes for that, as well as antibodies to counteract your own perfumes. All that falls under the Alchemist profession, so I suppose to complete the effect she would be an Elementalist with at least the Alchemist profession, and some items to complete the look and ability set that fits that kind of seductress role.

But that's just me spinning ideas...

@Passion

Sorry if this is out of line, but two of the skeletons are dead. Kain killed one and I had Rath kill another (the one that was second lowest on HP)
Thanks! I rather be called out. I can be a bit of an airhead at times ;p but yeah, I overlooked the sentence before the taunt. Oops. I'm on mobile atm, I'll edit my post soon! Thanks for letting me know.
---
I mean, if someone wants to make another character, I don't see any issues of having multiple. Just need to be clear what one you are writing as.
---
Thank you Anemic for explaining! Rev, if you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to let us know. We would love to have you.

Back
Top Bottom