Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chained Worlds [OOC]

No worries at all. I realize that maybe I didn't lay it out too clearly and will do better in the future.

So... due to the holidays, I will be spotty until the 26/27th. I'm still here for OOCs and approvals, and I'll try to get posts in when I can.

Happy (early) holidays, everyone!
❄️⛄🎄❄️

@VioletLily
I don't know if I have any authority to answer those questions, but I'll do so anyway in a way I understand it. @Passion can/will correct me on whatever I got wrong though, I'm sure...

For your first question, technically there is nothing stopping anyone from (at least attempting to) power-leveling their way to max level as quickly as possible. Realistically, I would say what is stopping some from doing so is them trying to cope with the fact that they are indeed stuck in this game for an unknown amount of time. Others have come to terms with that fact and are trying to... well... live as best they can. This is their life now, why not try to enjoy it? No need to rush things if you can't leave anyway. Then there are those who are outright terrified with the knowledge that they are indeed stuck in a virtual world, possibly for the rest of their lives. They want out, desperately so, which results them hiding away and not engaging with the game world in any meaningful way and thus get left behind in the level curve. Others might get enslaved or otherwise prevented from progressing in the game directly by other players.

Second question... Well this is in two parts.
  • First part, towns and cities. The short answer is; yes other towns/cities do exist but they have not been named yet. The long answer is.... The info page does mention that yes there are other towns/cities out in the world, but those have not been named because they have not come up during play yet. The notes/rules also explicitly mention that we are encouraged to build the world as we play. For instance, my character is level 35 so his ideal play area would be the Hungry Jungle which is a lv30-40 area and thus perfect for his level. I could say that after a long, sweaty day of hunting monsters and collecting ingredients he stumbles upon a tribal village called Khuj' Rilo populated by friendly/neutral NPCs located dead center of the jungle on the shore of the river that cuts through the jungle. Having discovered this location, my character can now set this place as his "home" and thus warp between this place and the main hub. Since I mentioned Khuj' Rilo and had my character physically be there, it is now a named location/town that anyone else can play in if they choose. Note that his was just an example, no such village has actually been officially named... yet.
  • Second part, slavery. I... honestly don't have a fucking clue how that works. I would guess that there is an item (single use per slave?) that allows you to claim other players as your slaves, who are then bound under the control of their master. This would limit what the slave can do significantly, including how far away they can be from their master at any given time. I imagine the master can give and take whatever items to and from their slaves freely, as well as either equip or unequip whatever armor/clothing the master chooses for their slaves regardless of time or place. The slave can't take any action other than move or speak without their masters explicit command, and as such are unable to do anything that would either harm them or their master unless otherwise directly commanded to do so. Beyond that... I have no idea. @Passion ? You might answer this one better.
Third question... I don't know. Personally I'm here to have my character get riches, slay witches and lay bitches. Or was it slay bitches and lay witches, I forgot.... That, and good ol' fashioned adventure. Can't go wrong with that.

@Passion

Just out of curiosity, would Cleric have bounties to hunt down powerful demonic beasts? I was thinking that, Hunter would be pretty high on that list as he's a known demonic beast and a high level character to boot. He's also said he has fucked a few female cleric in his life after defeating them and striping them of their armour and items, though he would also say that was more the werewolf then anything.

I think things can be pretty open right now, that's why I feel it's important to talk about it and make sure we're on the same page.

So for the first question, that would mean the majority of players who bought a game to grind levels and are still grinding levels right now were unmotivated to do it for most of the time they were stuck. That's despite the threat of open world PvP or losing out on G income. Which means there's no pressure to avoid being homeless and broke in the city's safe zones.

For the second question, that means other settlements are actually NPC-run, lawful and safe to freely teleport to.

That's fine for a generic virtual world, but to fit with the "lawless" theme, there needs to be scarcity to motivate players to become lawless. Lawless to me would be if accommodation in Evercrest was limited and first-come-first-serve. Normally it would be fine for a player to not have a house, but since they can't log out, they have nowhere to sleep. They also have nowhere to do their cooking. They can buy tavern food, but the tavern is overcrowded and costs G. While going sleepless and hungry doesn't kill, it does feel very unpleasant. Which is why G is important in Mint's first post. That would provide the motivation for lots of homeless players to band together and start their own settlements outside of town or go marauding, and explain why some people are okay with being slaves (I assume even if such an item existed, consent would be important!).

It could also be that the cap was 50, and the Forgotten Lands up to Corrupt Lands was only recently unlocked because of some world event.

I'm actually okay with either lawful or lawless, just need to know which one it is. Personally, it feels like the characters profiles so far sound like they'd play within the system so it actually makes sense to go with a lawful setting, i.e. mostly PvE, focus on co-op adventure, loot, relationships and character progression rather than PvP and conflict. I will say, most PvE MMOs focus on the level cap, and in the RP it would be easier for characters to mix around if everyone was around the same level and there was a strong motivation to go to the same area.
Yeah, I agree that there are plenty of little details that can/will be ironed out. But if we really start to grind down the little details, shit's gonna get really complicated in a hurry mostly due to balancing reasons, which will inevitably result in the game requiring intense stat and number management which not many really enjoy.
Then there's the entire game focus aspect, which will cause issues in regards to what we assume the other background players who are not controlled by us are doing. How exactly are they reacting? What are they doing? I dunno. We can assume a vast majority will try to increase their level, but at what rate? I dunno. Not everyone plays the same way.

And then there's that 'Always On PvP' thing, which I personally have a few things to say about but it is quite lengthy so I'll hide most of it.
But to put it simply, I think the main hub and starter zone (lv1-10) should be safe areas for everyone where no PvP can take place, unless a duel is agreed upon by two players. This will ensure that all players will have at least some idea of what they can do when they choose to leave the starter zone so they don't get instantly stomped the moment they start playing. Upon stepping out of the starter zone, they have the option to toggle PvP on or off at will for a good portion of the game.
A second threshold would be at the Forgotten Lands zone (lv50-60) and beyond, inside of which you do not have the option to toggle PvP on or off as it will be always on while in those areas, excluding party members. At least, that's how I would do it.
My reasons being....
First off, I have never really liked mixing PvE with PvP as they are two completely different attractions and thus don't mesh very well. I know it is possible, I know it has been done, but when a player who focuses on PvE gets attacked by someone who focuses on PvP it doesn't take a genius to figure out who will win 85% of those encounters even with equal gear/levels. This will naturally result in the PvP players slowly devouring the PvE players until they all either quit entirely or convert into PvP just to fight back, which is exactly what the PvP players want because it gives them more stuff to do.

In a scenario such as this one where PvP is always on it will inevitably create a ton of problems, as Violet mentioned with the whole marauding and banditry thing with gangs forming and overall madness ensuing. Let's assume that the main hub and starter zone are safe 'no PvP' zones, and the second they step out of the starter zone into you are a valid PvP target until you step back in or warp to the hub. What is stopping higher level players from camping the exits of the starter area and systematically slaughtering anyone who tries to get out and effectively stopping their progress right then and there? The only options a low level player would have is to either agree to become slaves or somehow fight their way through, which the chances of succeeding is between very unlikely to borderline impossible. Even then, the ones that somehow DO get through are likely going to end up bitter and resentful. Not exactly a good starting point or tone for this, is it?

I believe that the reason why the tone of this RP is 'lawful' and co-op focused is because... well... none of us are murderous assholes. Unless I am completely mistaken, in which case please correct me...

why they haven't gotten serial ganked or enslaved if the world is lawless.
yyyyeah, good luck trying to figure that one out. Cause I have no fucking clue. xD
As such I proceeded to just kindly ignore the whole issue for now and write it off as having Master Chief levels of luck.

On the other hand I entertained the idea of playing a poor soul who indeed did/does suffer from constant ganking and ends up dying over and over. That can't be very good for ones mental health, but I decided against playing that character because #1 it would not be fun to play the poor loser who can barely take five steps out the respawn point without getting instantly murdered and #2 it would not be fun for anyone else here to constantly read how miserable he is. xP

And let's be honest - if the world is lawless and PvP is on at all times, then the whole world would be in total anarchy within the first 2 weeks of no supervision/moderation... which would mean that not even half of our characters could do anything considering how weak they are. Take Mr.Werewolf over there as an example; he could wipe the floor with everyone else just by himself if he chooses, nothing is stopping him. So why wont he? I dunno.

yyyyeah, good luck trying to figure that one out. Cause I have no fucking clue. xD
As such I proceeded to just kindly ignore the whole issue for now and write it off as having Master Chief levels of luck.

On the other hand I entertained the idea of playing a poor soul who indeed did/does suffer from constant ganking and ends up dying over and over. That can't be very good for ones mental health, but I decided against playing that character because #1 it would not be fun to play the poor loser who can barely take five steps out the respawn point without getting instantly murdered and #2 it would not be fun for anyone else here to constantly read how miserable he is. xP

And let's be honest - if the world is lawless and PvP is on at all times, then the whole world would be in total anarchy within the first 2 weeks of no supervision/moderation... which would mean that not even half of our characters could do anything considering how weak they are. Take Mr.Werewolf over there as an example; he could wipe the floor with everyone else just by himself if he chooses, nothing is stopping him. So why wont he? I dunno.

Hunter: Hey I take offence to that, I only hunt Cleric because they hunt me

For this I think it's already been established that clerics are offensively weak classes that have trouble soloing even regular mobs.
And that's precisely the reason why I tried to go against the norm by making a cleric who is not a heal-bot and instead heals a little while summoning things to fight for him, like this Ice Queen for example. Eat your fucking heart out, Mint.

For this I think it's already been established that clerics are offensively weak classes that have trouble soloing even regular mobs. More than likely they're only hunting you down to preach about their lord and savior Buffly McHealgod.
Buffly McHealgod, got a massive chuckle out of me as I read it.

Passion did seem to give the 'OK' to two characters being played by one character - so I admit my thoughts are that I'll play two characters. First being a dark elf female elementalist of some sort, most likely Fire or maybe Wind (It depends on what element electricity/lightning would fall under!). Midrange leveled (IE: Low/mid 50's), who's kind of a thrill seeker and risktaker. Prolly big in to romance and wanting to find a closer connection to someone as well, though that's just a possibility for her.

Second would be a human male... Something or other. A berserker maybe. Trying to think of a good hook for them. I admit part of me likes the idea of them having acquired some sort of rare in game weapon/artifact/something that has changed their character/transformed them somewhat. I don't know if that's in the scope of the game or not though. I admit I have more of a concrete idea for the first character as well, but would like to try and make both work.

Passion did seem to give the 'OK' to two characters being played by one character - so I admit my thoughts are that I'll play two characters.
I got the impression that we are allowed to make and play as many characters as we can handle, so long as we properly separate who we are actually playing as in any given post.

I admit part of me likes the idea of them having acquired some sort of rare in game weapon/artifact/something that has changed their character/transformed them somewhat. I don't know if that's in the scope of the game or not though.
Considering we have a character who has a ring that turns them into a werewolf, I think anything within reason is workable. What sort of transformations were you thinking?

The ring was technically a handshake between me and Passion about my character. I wanted a werewolf character so Passion said that they were willing to let me as long as it was a cursed item.

Hey, @Mike the Bloodwolf !

Can I DM / Godmode your character a little bit? And take apart those trousers in the way with a neat 'hack' by Night?

Never mind. I hope my solution is acceptable... If she could not 'disappear' his trouser, then she would just open his fly and would proceed the same.

Alright, I had to spend also all evening in the office, so excuse my tardiness. Now, let me try to break down everything. I may sound like a bit of an echo at times, since a lot of great explanations were given while I was away.

What's stopping them from reaching the level cap, maxing their professions and so on?
Anemic did a pretty good job explaining. - Since the lvl cap is only 100, that means lvling can start to grind pretty fast (like a real MMORPG once a higher level since beating them isn't like a single player game). So, I wrote that it has been three months since the glitch, which isn't much time in MMO world. I'm sure some have leveled since then, some might have done their epic grinds, but a majority of people weren't being overly productive when the glitch first happened but are starting to be. The shock of what happened starts to fade. I would assume there would be a lot of freaking out, waiting for a GM message, and overall stalling. Of course, if your character was a 'staller' or not, is totally up to you. (Explain a bit more later about the 'age' of the game).

Second is about the state of lawlessness. I know the intent is to have a lawless world with bands of marauding players taking over various towns and cities, but there's only one city mentioned on the world map. Do other cities exist and what's the motivation for a normal player to visit a wretched hive of scum and villainy?
So, if one was to take over the hub, that would be like becoming the new king or queen since that is the main city that all players often return to. However, there are towns and smaller cities in other regions. These are not supposed to be as grand or important as the hub, but someone could basically take over a town or even a region by simply claiming it is theirs and holding true to that statement (High lvl, strong party, followers, the use of rare weapons, etc) we would need PVP on for this.

It is up to the players to create these location, and my hope is that we will build off each other. If MC burns down a town, well... you could RP later on by going by that ruined town. At the same time, I don't expect everyone to note every little detail, but I still hope we can even indirectly world build together and help flesh things out and give things a personality! I will maybe start taking notes in the reference guide as people RP, but I'm worried it will quickly turn into a wall of daunting text lol.

As for motivations to go to seedy locations... It could be an NPC quests, or just needing to level up in that region. If YC doesn't want to go all the way to the hub for a few healing potions, if YC really need to turn in that quest to some NPC deep in town, and so on, YC will probably be tempted. Also, a villain-like group could spread out of town, and you are running into them elsewhere (you are trying to level up, and they are too busy selfishly farming, or maybe they are PVP happy).

Also, how does slavery happen? Is there an ingame system that binds one player to another, and what's stopping players from for instance, suiciding or teleporting to Evercrest and invalidating it?
Unless willing or someone has a creative item/skill/idea, slavery would probably more than likely done with the threat of in-game death (PVP). The party system would probably be a big tool, but there would need to be a threat of some kind to not leave the party or to join it. The party system does allowed tracking worldwide, private communication, and we could probably add a feature where friendly-fire is turned on or off so threats can be followed up on. Honestly, I wouldn't mind some general feedback from the group if they think party members are able to hurt each other. Traditionally, they don't, but this is very 'realistic'. I was thinking maybe they don't use their HP, but still need to react to what is going on (eg: A party member's bomb goes off, the character doesn't lose HP, but goes flying back). Another thing I could mention about warping, is that to do it, a character must not be in action for 30 seconds, and I'm sure someone can loophole that in some way to prevent someone from warping as well. What comes to mine is someone using a very weak damaging spell so characters are not 'idle' enough to warp. Some kind of interference!

Third is about RP direction. What's the plan for the story after the current skeleton fight? Assuming there's no change to the dynamic. And this question is for everyone - what do you want to RP towards?
The point of this RP is more that I'm providing a world for everyone to craft their own stories since we all like to RP different things. Some might want to adventure, some might just want to smut, and others might want to go around being the edgy solo cool guy. Who knows, so that leaves everything up in the air. I'm currently focusing on what my character wants to do, and I'm not even sure yet what all the outcomes are to say what she will do next.

I'm GMing this skeleton scene since my character is the one who made the party. For example, if Kain suddenly wanted to go to Crystal Beach for some reason, I'd just let him GM unless it was requested that I do it. I only set up the shell of locations for people to GM whatever they want. Of course, I'm here to provide balance and suggestions, but I'm very big on creative freedom. As for a more direct answer, it will be up to the party if we go back to the hub, or go out exploring the mines or the graveyard that I alluded to. If you want to appear to join our group, you totally could! But this is one big reason why I'm very focused on the hub; this allows players of all types chances of running into each other (and so we can all find RP partners easier/run into familiar faces/solid place to meet up or shop, etc).

In the end, we are RPing towards our characters desires. If they want to level, if they are trying to figure out how to escape, if they are hiding away, and so on. Eventually, I might have a big ol' GM post if we need to shake things up about the overall situation of things, but the main idea is "how do you live in this new world?" and the answer to that should differ, and that is why I find this concept interesting.

So, bottom line: You should be RPing towards your characters' goals, and GMing or world building (from a simple shop to a dungeon) along the way.

So for the first question, that would mean the majority of players who bought a game to grind levels and are still grinding levels right now were unmotivated to do it for most of the time they were stuck. That's despite the threat of being underlevelled in open world PvP or losing out on G income. Which means there's no pressure to avoid being homeless and broke in the city's safe zones.
To be fair, I never did say how old the game was. Since this a popular trendy game, it can be safe to say it hasn't been around all that long. Long enough that people might have more than one character, but there would still be a lot of exploring to do. Also, I never said the city was safe. PVP is always on (I'll talk about this more later). Most people aren't just slaying each other since death is a bad experience. The average person isn't going around trying to kill others since they would hate to die too, of course, that could change. No one has RPed anyone too wild/evil. I thought about it, but I'd be giving you guys way too much hell. lmao. Still, nothing is stopping you from writing that players (that no one is RPing), are going around killing people, and so you do a PVP battle and RP it like a PVE. Anyway, there is a lot of room for you or anyone to add their own chaos. For now, I'm keeping it clean to get everyone's feet wet.

I'm actually okay with either lawful or lawless, just need to know which one it is. Personally, it feels like the characters profiles so far sound like they'd play within the system so it actually makes sense to go with a lawful setting, i.e. mostly PvE, focus on co-op adventure, loot, relationships and character progression rather than PvP and conflict.
It is lawless in the sense there is no one getting banned, people are freaking out, and there isn't some grand player anyone is looking up to for guidance. I did state at some point that you could basically be chaotic or lawful. Maybe someone hates that some are going around being greedy or violent, and they are trying to protect other players. Maybe someone is trying to live their serial killer dreams (or you RP a 'side-player' who is). I have no idea, but it is all allowed.

I could add some GM rules that would usually get people banned (PVPing the same player too many times in a row and such), but maybe it is better to just look at the situation as chaotic neutral instead of black or white. I sure hope people play more unhinged characters too. I honestly thought I would get some dark souls or selfish characters, but I guess I set a tame example lol. I just didn't want to be playing an over the top character (beyond personality) as a GM. - Also, I have a bias FOR conflict, and that is why I like this RP theme. There should be some tension since everyone is stuck and most wanting to go back to their families and such... or they are just trying to accept this life, depends on character. I haven't RPed it much yet, since starting off with a simple adventure would be best for a RP like this ;D

if everyone was around the same level and there was a strong motivation to go to the same area.
I don't want everyone to go to the same area. Excuse my lack of grace, but it would be a cluster-fuck as a GM. I know this from experience unless everyone is going to be 11/10 dedicated, and we would need to follow a turn order. I also did say that people can have other business in other regions. Example: A lvl 90 heard about some hidden boss in the hungry jungle that is actually lvl 100, then they can then run into lower level characters or just have a change of scenery. In the end, I support pairs/small groups breaking off. We can work on painting this world together from different angles and meet up at times.

And let's be honest - if the world is lawless and PvP is on at all times, then the whole world would be in total anarchy within the first 2 weeks of no supervision/moderation...
Please keep in mind mental states as I explained above! Also, just kinda like RL, most of us aren't going around stabbing each other. Sure, if shit hit the fan, more people would be violent and such, and that is kinda what we are RPing, but most people try to be decent for their own safety. Think of a zombie movie, most are just trying to survive, build a community, or make friends. Of course, there others who become sadistic. I stated that most of the player base are just trying to make the best of their new life, but it is lawless in the sense that anyone could just go off.

---

PVP NOTE: Since some sound iffy about it, let's talk about it.

First of all, in the mountain of a post this is (I'm sorry lol), I went out of my way to add statements about PVP to explain why it should be on. Here is another example: Let's say someone makes a super pain in the butt character. They are stealing, being terrible, found some OP item they are harassing everyone in Evercrest with (even passively), something... and they just chill in Evercrest since no one can touch them, there isn't any punishment, and they just keep doing their asshole things without the fear of someone slapping them silly. - No PVP means that no one could really take anything over.

What I am getting at, lack of PVP means that people can abuse it. Of course, it goes the other way as well, but I find it more game-breaking to not be able to PVP when it comes to RPing this. If someone doesn't like to fight you don't have to. Tell someone OOC. I hate to meta in RP, but really, no one should be writing things they don't want to. It is the same for smut.

I do not want this RP to be only PVE. I'm flexible, but I do enjoy the opportunity for conflict, drama, and chaos. If you chose to RP from that angle is totally up to you. However, I'm willing to consider different options. Maybe forced PVP is only on after lvl 50, maybe it can be turned off once a week (or they would be turning it off and on constantly) but you get less exp or something, maybe you can only PVP so many times in a certain time period, and so on.

I did not flesh out these details and other systems because I need this RP to take a life of its own to build with it, or I'm gonna be that lame GM that nags everyone just trying to have fun because they didn't wait 30 mins to do something. I don't want to be overly strict since I want everyone to be able to enjoy themselves.

You guys are making me wish I went full out with a villain character haha. Looks like I might be needing to make another character to shake things up! 😎

What did I miss?

I hope I made sense. Lots of choppy rambling and long day.

@Passion
WELL THEN
That was a wall of text and a half. Though I still disagree with the idea of even Evercrest allowing PvP at all times since I believe there should be at least one truly safe area, besides that it does clear things up a lot. Cheers.

On another note, I will be going to visit my folks for the holidays. That means I will be out of commission for 23rd to 25th at least. Take it easy, guys and gals!

Thanks for replying, that all makes sense and I have a few ideas that I can flesh out based on that. I only have one comment about the same area part.

By same area I didn't mean same party, but for instance one party leaving a dungeon in the area, then heading out and running into another party, and maybe there's a chance to RP a trade or member swap or something.

I'll most likely be adding a new settlement and faction in the Forgotten Lands. In the Abandoned Dwarf Mines there's a tunnel that leads from Forgotten Lands to The Pit, so an enterprising crafter set up their home in a section of the mines, next to that tunnel. Easily defensible, lots of traffic and when players pass through, they'll want to buy specialized gear to deal with fire resist for the floor and enemies. As more players started reaching Level 50, that tunnel grew busier. More crafters settled there and started selling scrolls, potions... even a tavern and inn for people to chill and find parties. Their stock also expanded to cold and poison resist gear for tundra and smog. And they started rolling in Gs because every high level player needs that stuff, which helped with hiring security and gearing them up. Also because it's the last habitable place for a pit stop unless you like choking on sulfur or smog or sitting in sub-zero temperatures.

That settlement was very un-creatively named The Pit Stop. Home of the Trading Guild. Technically not a town or city in the game, but a bunch of player buildings that got constructed around each other in a convenient location. And not all players are happy with the monopoly they have right now.

As for my character's level, she will probably be Level 90+, since she wouldn't be a staller. She'd have been actively exploring and levelling to understand what's going on with the world and whether there's a way out. She'll probably be connected with the Trading Guild, supplying them with crafting materials or rare items.

Which means I have a request! Can there be a "level down" mechanic similar to Guild Wars 2? That is, if a high level goes to a lower level area, their level gets adjusted to the upper limit of that area. For instance if a Level 100 goes to the Forgotten Lands, they'd get adjusted to Level 60, so that if I decide to RP with a lower character it wouldn't be one character one-shotting everything left and right and soloing the dungeon boss.
I'm gonna cut it short since it is late, and I already did enough over explaining for one day, but your ideas sound good. Would be interesting to introduce a trading guild. We could have guilds without confusion since player guilds do not exist or we would be needing to RP a lot of side characters/fluff.

I did say that higher levels can have an excuse to go back to lower level places, like secret bosses or what not. We could even decide that maybe a sub area is more higher lvls, like the whirlpool in crystal beach is a quest for lvl 70+ or something. I do not want characters levels changing based on region. Even Mint almost helped a character through a region to get him lvled. I plan on introducing a quest board, so that could also help out with sending players to different locations.

@Passion
WELL THEN
That was a wall of text and a half. Though I still disagree with the idea of even Evercrest allowing PvP at all times since I believe there should be at least one truly safe area, besides that it does clear things up a lot. Cheers.

On another note, I will be going to visit my folks for the holidays. That means I will be out of commission for 23rd to 25th at least. Take it easy, guys and gals!
You guys are asking/bringing up too many deep aspects, and I got the answers lol! But hopefully my mountain helps.

I'm open to changing pvp IF it becomes a problem. Not even one PVP match has happened. It may not even happen. But I did write that when that warrior bumped hard into Mint, she lost some HP. It's used to keep things realistic too.

Have a great holiday!

Hi All,

I want to share a character concept to see how she would be received by the group.

My proposed character in real life is a product tester for the software company, who was simply doing her job when the game glitched and she became stuck inside with everyone else. She isn't a heavy duty gamer and to be honest is a bit bored with the game and was all ready to be transferred to another assignment. She is a more mature woman, sexually repressed in many ways but has an active imagination.

Her game character is relatively low level, (might actually have a lot of XP but she hasn't bothered with leveling up and all that nonsense) and she certainly isn't tweaked out with any sort of finesse.

My thought is that as she realizes she is stuck in here, she reaches out to the odd player or two to relieve her boredom. Uninterested in the game itself, though obviously stuck in it, her discussions interactions with other players tend to take on a more sexual theme. Over time she realizes she can act out some of her own fantasies, as well as those of others in the game. I am good with wide spectrum of settings from con to full non-con.

I'm leaning towards orc archer just to mix things up a bit but am open to suggestions. She would be somewhat dominant in her fantasy life but in reality quite submissive when confronted.

Hi All,

I want to share a character concept to see how she would be received by the group.

My proposed character in real life is a product tester for the software company, who was simply doing her job when the game glitched and she became stuck inside with everyone else. She isn't a heavy duty gamer and to be honest is a bit bored with the game and was all ready to be transferred to another assignment. She is a more mature woman, sexually repressed in many ways but has an active imagination.

Her game character is relatively low level, (might actually have a lot of XP but she hasn't bothered with leveling up and all that nonsense) and she certainly isn't tweaked out with any sort of finesse.

My thought is that as she realizes she is stuck in here, she reaches out to the odd player or two to relieve her boredom. Uninterested in the game itself, though obviously stuck in it, her discussions interactions with other players tend to take on a more sexual theme. Over time she realizes she can act out some of her own fantasies, as well as those of others in the game. I am good with wide spectrum of settings from con to full non-con.

I'm leaning towards orc archer just to mix things up a bit but am open to suggestions. She would be somewhat dominant in her fantasy life but in reality quite submissive when confronted.

Lea and I talked in private, and I approved and enjoyed the idea about a tester that I'm willing to help out with, if needed!

I never thought of anyone avoiding leveling and just keeping the exp. I don't see any issues with that, though.

We would be happy to have you, I just think everyone (including myself) are busy with the holidays.

Indeed.

I like this character concept design a lot! Could see a lot of situations where maybe she might keep her profession a secret to not get harassed about trying to find a way out. (If the players found out she was someone who worked on the game).

Merry Christmas @Mike the Bloodwolf and everyone else celebrating today.

@Passion I understand things might not be that active during the holidays but I'm patient.

@Razgriz Yes, there might be a bit of animosity towards the game designers and she will need to be cautious. Though early on at least, I think she will be wanting to relieve her own boredom so a bit of flirtation might be in order.

I'm most interested in the chemistry between players so I'm open to feedback and ideas from others. I tend to start with faceclaims, though I suppose these are just the avatar so don't impact her personality as much as maybe her mood at the time she picked out her 'skin'. I have a few ideas starting with a bit more cute/casual look, being true to her archer class, or perhaps trying to pose as a bad ass. But it might be a tall order to make a sexy orc girl, of course that is in the eye of the beholder.

Back
Top Bottom