Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chained Worlds [OOC]

Seems pretty straight forward.

Only question I really have is would the characters all start in the hub city at the start of the RP?

So, I would be interested to play either a:

- Dark Elf Assassin, who is somewhat of a temptress/spy kind of character. I would be looking for some PC or NPC to work for - or work on - but mainly just for a safe/stable background, with the everyday needs taken care of. But maybe also a source of Questsor adventures to hunt for XP, items, money... Definitely a bisexual equal opportunity rogue... and kind of lazy, even if usually dominant.

or a:

- Cleric (Holy if Human, Nature if Elf) who is 'obviously' looking for someone to play buffer/healer to. Maybe a group and become kind of a heal-slut? If human, the holy girl couldget corrupted slowly... if elf, maybe could get enslaved?

In every case I am interested in bondage, getting fem-dommed (even if my female character would have to please males without F/F action), bestiality, and also maybe playing futa (penis and vagina, no obvious balls but breasts).

Last edited:
Seems pretty straight forward.

Only question I really have is would the characters all start in the hub city at the start of the RP?
Good question, and the answer is no, but I would recommend it to find partners, unless multiple people decide to start away from the hub. You could start the RP in the forest killing some slimes, and someone joins in.

I decided to really fixate on a hub, and even allow warping there since it allows characters to run into each other and have a place to return back to. The idea would be the best shops and resources would be there so people have a reason to keep returning and thus run into each other, cause drama, visit another player's shop, or whatever they want. Of course, as we RP, this could change if it benefits us.

I'm unsure if all player homes will be in the hub. I'm thinking no to provide more diversity and some players might want to be alone on some mountain top; I'm not gonna stop ya. I strongly believe in being open and flexible for the sake of creativity. I'm only here to try to provide a foundation.

I find that having a "common place" is helpful for group RPs like this. Just like in a real MMORPG, it can be hard to make friends if everyone is all over the 'world' doing quests/grinding, but more often can be social in main cities. Hopefully that makes sense.

So, I would be interested to play either a:

- Dark Elf Assassin, who is somewhat of a temptress/spy kind of character. I would be looking for some PC or NPC to work for - or work on - but mainly just for a safe/stable background, with the everyday needs taken care of. But maybe also a source of Questsor adventures to hunt for XP, items, money... Definitely a bisexual equal opportunity rogue... and kind of lazy, even if usually dominant.

- Cleric (Holy if Human, Nature if Elf) who is 'obviously' looking for someone to play buffer/healer to. Maybe a group and become kind of a heal-slut? If human, the holy girl couldget corrupted slowly... if elf, maybe could get enslaved?

In every case I am interested in bondage, getting fem-dommed (even if my female character would have to please males without F/F action), bestiality, and also maybe playing futa (penis and vagina, no obvious balls but breasts).
Those would work! It is on my to-do list to make a template for character profiles. There, everyone can list their preferences to hopefully better match people's kinks, orientations, and if they are even interested in smut. My goal is to make this RP as inclusive as possible.

I still need to decide what I'm going to play myself! Probably a elementalist or cleric, but who knows, I can write out a pretty good female warrior too. Hehe.

Last edited:
Deciding to ask it here, and just curious but are 'dual classes' allowed but in the sense of like.

Paladin - Mix of a Knight and Cleric in the game

Ranger - Mix of (Berserker) and Archer

Battle Mage - Knight and Mage

etc.

Not that things need to be more complex or anything. I'm fine with the options available I was curious just in case so I don't accidentally lean towards a Paladin or anything ^^

Deciding to ask it here, and just curious but are 'dual classes' allowed but in the sense of like.

Paladin - Mix of a Knight and Cleric in the game

Ranger - Mix of (Berserker) and Archer

Battle Mage - Knight and Mage

etc.

Not that things need to be more complex or anything. I'm fine with the options available I was curious just in case so I don't accidentally lean towards a Paladin or anything ^^
So, my big focus is simplicity with the foundation. As someone who has ran a fair amount of group RPs, I know it is important to have a solid base to fall back on. This is even more true for this RP since some of us might have more or less experience than others writing these themes or even RP in general. To cut to the chase, I am concerned that if I allow dual classes, some might get lost in it all.

However, there is nothing stopping you from writing that your character has a rare artifact/equipment. An example would be a healing ring they got from a boss or even buying something for a lot of gold.

You can even start this RP with that item. I don't mind you making it a pretty rare or a strong one that would more or less let you play like a paladin.

Items allow a clear explanation on why a character is doing something out of their main class. It also gives us a chance for us to write finding/earning/stealing/gifting some awesome stuff!

Great question!

So, my big focus is simplicity with the foundation. As someone who has ran a fair amount of group RPs, I know it is important to have a solid base to fall back on. This is even more true for this RP since some of us might have more or less experience than others writing these themes or even RP in general. To cut to the chase, I am concerned that if I allow dual classes, some might get lost in it all.

However, there is nothing stopping you from writing that your character has a rare artifact/equipment. An example would be a healing ring they got from a boss or even buying something for a lot of gold.

You can even start this RP with that item. I don't mind you making it a pretty rare or a strong one that would more or less let you play like a paladin.

Items allow a clear explanation on why a character is doing something out of their main class. It also gives us a chance for us to write finding/earning/stealing/gifting some awesome stuff!

Great question!
That is fair, thanks! :)

I will keep that in mind when making the character!

I'm thinking of maybe a fire mage or nature cleric. Either human or elf.

As we'll be playing a character that is playing a character, will the real life of our characters matter at all?

As we'll be playing a character that is playing a character, will the real life of our characters matter at all?
Great question! Yes and no!

(Note to anyone reading, every time I talk about real life for this, I don't mean you, the writer's real life.)

So, your character is trapped in an MMORPG, which means that your character has to have some kind of real life. That could be a college student, a recluse, someone exploring the opposite gender online, a father, or anyone really (18+ reminder). What your real life character looks like and the state of the real world does not matter. Maybe people have a few RL pics in their inventories they uploaded that they can show others, but beyond that, their appearance wouldn't matter much as well. However, it is encouraged to write with the mindset of maybe being worried about home, happy to be away from the real world, or anything that does remind us, we are playing characters trapped in an MMO.
Example 1: My character could be someone who only played the game for a week before the glitch, and now is stuck in this world. She doesn't even like this damn game! She has responsibilities at home waiting for her, but instead is stuck playing this game...

Example 2: My character could be a loser in real life, but is really popular online. Why would my character want to go back to the real world? She could secretly hope they all stay in their alternative life. Maybe eventually she tells someone that in the real world, she is a loser. OR maybe she keeps it a secret and tries to stop anyone looking for an escape?

We aren't just playing elves and mages (etc). However, that doesn't mean our character's can't get lost in this world, and fully take on the identity, but everyone knows RL exists like you and I. Even still, how much people get into their "RL"s is totally up to you all, but remember the trapped element.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm imagining this as D&D Ready Player 1. I won't bother concepting a huge RL backstory.

UPDATE:

I'm making great progress behind the scenes. I decided to make sure that I have everything done and organized instead of releasing things in pieces.

I want to say this now, what I'm working on might seem like a bit much, but I promise you all, it isn't.

I do want to make sure I cover all grounds, so it is more of a reference guide. How much that is used is up to you guys, and I hope to update it as we RP. I'm trying to cover quick explanations for things like housing, food, and each region, but it adds up. I'm not going to come at anyone if they don't do what I write word for word, but it is more that everyone will at least have something to fall back on if they want to/need to. What I care about the most is that everyone is having fun! Those who are mostly interested in smut more than story, don't let it deter you.

To-Do List Updated. Thank you for your patience.

What do you guys think of a quest board? I figured it might help if RPers wanna do a little mission together or have more reasons to level up/find loot.

If interested, I would love for you guys to help out! It could be gathering, finding an item, or whatever you think is fitting.

It will not be a requirement to use this quest board. It will just be a resource.

I think it could be a good idea. It is an MMORPG world and some sort of board/idea that the players can reference towards getting loot that progresses them forward in the game or gives them an edge over other players would be helpful.

Oh! I do have some interesting ideas for using this kind of 'not really planned to stick around with the character just trying things out but now stuck like it' possibility!

But I just need a little more about the possibilities / character creation process, and evenmy fellow players cravings/wishes.

My choices are a quest board or letting everyone come up with quests as they RP (which you can still do even with a quest board), but I figured it could be helpful as a GM to pin a section with active quests. I do like to provide resources.

Some can be simple, like gathering, but we could also do some guided quests to NPCS or locations, like... "Explore the dark forest and find out what is causing all those howling sounds!" annnd, this is where I might ask for some help since I'd love to involve the group's ideas, and I already am working on a fair amount.

I would then leave up what happens and what is there to the players and their preferences, or I'm gonna have a lot of full blown quests to keep track of. Some might want to turn them into an epic story or a smutty trap, anything goes. For some of them, I can list direct rewards, but I'd also like to give others creative freedom if they want to find something specific.

I might be a bit ahead of myself. It might be best that we add a quest board after everyone gets an character profile up and an intro post in to see what we are working with (classes, lvls, etc!). Even still, I'm open to suggestions if anyone wants to list a few.

Thank you for the productive feedback! I'll add one, especially if I can get a little help throughout.

I definitely think characters should be made first and foremost. There's enough information to where we can make characters.

That way the quest board can contain both generic quests (gathering resources, killing monsters, etc) and more specific adventures that might tie into a character's story.

I'm cool with a quest board. I've seen 'em before.

How much physical customization will our character's avatars be allowed to have?

A quest board, maybe with a subversive side. Since y'know, a game has only so many combinations for starters and the quest system may be a bit redundant... but the variety might come when players of different types and ill intent meddle with the system and play tricks. Perhaps there are groups that exploit a bug for certain areas to be spoofed with high level mobs to get them in trouble, or at least ones not optimal for the intended player in the quest.

A quest board, maybe with a subversive side. Since y'know, a game has only so many combinations for starters and the quest system may be a bit redundant... but the variety might come when players of different types and ill intent meddle with the system and play tricks. Perhaps there are groups that exploit a bug for certain areas to be spoofed with high level mobs to get them in trouble, or at least ones not optimal for the intended player in the quest.
Oh, that's a great idea. And with a limited number of quests in queue, there could be repeatable exploits that become customs or holidays.

I'm cool with a quest board. I've seen 'em before.

How much physical customization will our character's avatars be allowed to have?
It is pretty open as long as someone fits the race they pick. MMORPGs are known for some pretty interesting and even wacky outfits and looks, so pretty much can do anything.

---

I do like the idea of taking advantage of bugs and such. That could be fun and chaotic (in a good way). I think the quest board could be a fun way to throw in some 'meta'. I'm not sure how involved people will get certain aspects yet, but it would be a good resource to have.

---
Need Feedback: I'm wrapping up the reference guide, and it made me wonder about stealing. So, usually, MMORPGs have a trading system to prevent stealing, but to stick to the lawless side of thing, I don't mind the idea of if you lose during PVP or something, that person can steal your items. I don't know about all items... seems silly for them to even get your junk, but maybe. What do you guys think about this?
---
Update: Wrapping things up. I should have everything but my intro post before I need to sleep. However, I'm going to try to get things up so we can start submitting character profiles! Yay!

It is pretty open as long as someone fits the race they pick.
Cool. I was just imagining what the avatar creation interface would allow. I wasn't planning to do wings or multiple sets of genitalia or anything.

What do you guys think about this?
I don't expect to be obsessed with collecting items, but it would suck to lose everything. I'm fine with winning/losing a 'random' item or something like that.

I forgot to ask because I glossed over it in my mind. I assume if the player dies in the game, they die in real life? Or are they allowed to respawn. Obviously the former holds more weight in decision making in the game as well as risk and reward scenarios.

I only ask because it could pertain to the stealing aspect. If characters can die, then I imagine all their loot drops and if they lose in PvP it is sort of. Either die and I get your loot, or you can live and hand it over.

If they can't die, then a stealing system could be implemented but maybe it is a skill you have to level or the item itself has to be out of their inventory? Like say their sword. You could nab that specific one in hand but if they have more in inventory you can't touch those.

I don't expect to be obsessed with collecting items, but it would suck to lose everything. I'm fine with winning/losing a 'random' item or something like that.
I guess it could just be physical. If you can grab a sword from someone, you can take it and leave. Unless smut, I kinda doubt people will be undressing each other for equipment... Well, maybe if it is super fancy. Haha.

I forgot to ask because I glossed over it in my mind. I assume if the player dies in the game, they die in real life? Or are they allowed to respawn. Obviously the former holds more weight in decision making in the game as well as risk and reward scenarios.

I only ask because it could pertain to the stealing aspect. If characters can die, then I imagine all their loot drops and if they lose in PvP it is sort of. Either die and I get your loot, or you can live and hand it over.

If they can't die, then a stealing system could be implemented but maybe it is a skill you have to level or the item itself has to be out of their inventory? Like say their sword. You could nab that specific one in hand but if they have more in inventory you can't touch those.

No, they do not die in real life. I mentioned it before, but I know there is a lot going on. They don't die, but instead are just more stuck in the limbo of just needing to keep playing the game. However, I did say death is unpleasant and so should be avoided. How unpleasant that is I'm leaving up to the players. I don't want to say everyone has a traumatic time if someone finds that upsetting to be writing OOC. Knowing me, I'll probably write it as upsetting and traumatic and my character will be avoiding it at all cost, but that is me. Death does make you lose 25% exp, and you revive at the hub.

I could maybe make a system, but I should probably keep it simple. Kinda like I was explaining to Obieblu, I think that might work, where you basically can only steal what you can touch. I don't expect everyone to be super nerdy about this RP, so I'm trying to not add too many systems. However, it could be class based too. Someone who is speed focus might have a lot easier time stealing a sword and running.

I guess it could just be physical. If you can grab a sword from someone, you can take it and leave. Unless smut, I kinda doubt people will be undressing each other for equipment... Well, maybe if it is super fancy. Haha.

No, they do not die in real life. I mentioned it before, but I know there is a lot going on. They don't die, but instead are just more stuck in the limbo of just needing to keep playing the game. However, I did say death is unpleasant and so should be avoided. How unpleasant that is I'm leaving up to the players. I don't want to say everyone has a traumatic time if someone finds that upsetting to be writing OOC. Knowing me, I'll probably write it as upsetting and traumatic and my character will be avoiding it at all cost, but that is me. Death does make you lose 25% exp, and you revive at the hub.

I could maybe make a system, but I should probably keep it simple. Kinda like I was explaining to Obieblu, I think that might work, where you basically can only steal what you can touch. I don't expect everyone to be super nerdy about this RP, so I'm trying to not add too many systems. However, it could be class based too. Someone who is speed focus might have a lot easier time stealing a sword and running.
Yeah I remember reading it immediately after posting and didn't want to edit my post in case you already saw.

I think just stealing what they can see and touch is probably for the best. I know it is common in MMO's to have 'bound' items as well where once you equip the item you can't trade it. Don't think that has to be in this RP though unless we wanted to make certain high level items that were hard to acquire out of the reach of being stolen.

Back
Top Bottom