Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Orient Express OOC Thread

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Main Thread
Orient Express Character Profiles

Map of Europe 1936
1936 Wikipedia
What Happened in 1936
A History of the Orient Express

Schedule (for our purposes)

ArrivalApproximate Travel TimeArrival Time
Strasbourg, France​
4:3600:06 Thursday
Karlsruhe, Germany​
2:1803:54 Thursday
Stuttgart, Germany​
2:1806:12 Thursday
Munich, Germany​
4:3610:18 Thursday
Vienna, Austria​
11:3022:15 Thursday
Budapest, Hungary7:105:25 Friday
Belgrade, Yugoslavia13:0718:32 Friday
Constantinople, Turkey (Istanbul)24:0818:40 Saturday

Last edited:
I thought you meant conjoined twins, Bloomie.

Damn I didn't even consider that but I'll give a point for it.
I was talking about so-called Mirror Twins. Monozygotic twins that rather than being identical mirror one another, say one of them has a birthmark on their left arm the other would then have the same birthmark on their right arm, and so on. This usually also affect which hand they prefer. In some cases even the insides are mirrored, I think.

Damn I didn't even consider that but I'll give a point for it.
I was talking about so-called Mirror Twins. Monozygotic twins that rather than being identical mirror one another, say one of them has a birthmark on their left arm the other would then have the same birthmark on their right arm, and so on. This usually also affect which hand they prefer. In some cases even the insides are mirrored, I think.
Situs Inversus, is what the situation with the internal organs is called. Far as I know, it's not endemic to twins.

There's another kind - rare and recently discovered, where two sperm manage to conceive a single egg, and then they split in two. They're called semi-identical twins. They were discovered when a boy and girl twin were discovered to share the same placenta.

star-trek-star-trek-tos.gif

It was others that assumed Jane was a prostitute. Walshie was merely attempting to flirt with/seduce her.

It was indeed but since Leo assumed that was the case with his comment to Jane after Walsh stormed out it is the story she is sticking with regarding the exchanged code.

Glad to see everyone is enjoying the ride so far.

For those of you looking for the conductor, let's say he is in the farthest of the sleeping cars seeing to last minute accommodations. We can play the scene out if you like or you can assume he will confirm the lack of any musician fitting Michael's description or anyone of that name boarding the train in Paris. He would also have access to a safe for valuables, but it will attract some attention.

omg @captain_bond - now Leo will toss and turn all night wondering what was meant by "She might be eating more than eggs for breakfast, should you make her mad," ha ha!

Well played!

Heh, heh... poor Leo. He might piss her off by not performing to her high standards, lol! We'll see - I think she's heading Charles' direction, so the secret agent man might get his chance to warm his bed after all. ;)

We might need another lady to get on the train at the next stop, lol! Unless there's some swapping going on.

And I'm interested to see if @xavierrol has something planned for the train as far as intrigue, mystery, etc. for the group to mull over. I'm just waiting for my character to get stopped at some border and questioned about his last name. :oops:

We might need another lady to get on the train at the next stop, lol! Unless there's some swapping going on.
Well there is a chamber maid on duty, who also does some seamstress work in a pinch. I'd say there is a call bell in each of the compartments for convenience.

And I'm interested to see if @xavierrol has something planned for the train as far as intrigue, mystery, etc. for the group to mull over. I'm just waiting for my character to get stopped at some border and questioned about his last name. :oops:
The next stop is still France, so no questioning there. Some intrigue is in play but needs some time to germinate. Not all the passengers will have the luxury of sleeping the night through, it all depends on what sort of curiosity Leo has and how sound a sleeper.

Back
Top Bottom