Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Orient Express OOC Thread

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Main Thread
Orient Express Character Profiles

Map of Europe 1936
1936 Wikipedia
What Happened in 1936
A History of the Orient Express

Schedule (for our purposes)

ArrivalApproximate Travel TimeArrival Time
Strasbourg, France​
4:3600:06 Thursday
Karlsruhe, Germany​
2:1803:54 Thursday
Stuttgart, Germany​
2:1806:12 Thursday
Munich, Germany​
4:3610:18 Thursday
Vienna, Austria​
11:3022:15 Thursday
Budapest, Hungary7:105:25 Friday
Belgrade, Yugoslavia13:0718:32 Friday
Constantinople, Turkey (Istanbul)24:0818:40 Saturday

Last edited:
I thought we had only just about left Strasbourg.
I was under the impression everyone besides Jane and Estelle were sleeping so I moved things along for the others. The scene in Jane's Compartment is a snapshot in time and can go on as long as you like in its own sort of time bubble. By all means, take as much time as you like on the scene in Jane's compartment
This is a tricky one to respond to but I'm working on it.

Maybe @xavierrol can fast forward to 6 am and start waking people up for breakfast.
I took it half way so we could get our Karlsruhe Passengers on board. I don't know just how much is going to happen between 4am and 6am so I assume I will be moving things along soon, but as always I can hold off if there is need to do so.

If by chance there are any players of German origin, or fluent int German I apologise if the comment from the Gestapo officer is somehow grammatically incorrect. I blame it entirely on Google Translate.

I took it half way so we could get our Karlsruhe Passengers on board.

Hedwig has been introduced.

so I assume I will be moving things along soon, but as always I can hold off if there is need to do so

I feel that we are just about done. I would like to have concluded the scene, or at least the important parts of it before writing Jane as meeting Mr Benjamin for breakfast. Give us like ... two posts each and we'll have it all wrapped up.

Hedwig has been introduced.

I feel that we are just about done. I would like to have concluded the scene, or at least the important parts of it before writing Jane as meeting Mr Benjamin for breakfast. Give us like ... two posts each and we'll have it all wrapped up.

Is Hedwig being embraced by the Gestapo officer or another uniformed officer?

Take your time, I'm quite content reading along.

Just unexpected but not unwelcome. I thought there might have been more than one German in uniform.

He is boarding the train though, so she may find that disappointing.

Just unexpected but not unwelcome. I thought there might have been more than one German in uniform.

He is boarding the train though, so she may find that disappointing.
There certainly could be more than one German in uniform...and on the train. Though we're a few years from the official start of WWII there are mounting tensions (ahem) that could still affect the group.

And here I was hoping that Hedwig would have to look over her shoulder not knowing who was watching her.
She still will, I'm certain. ;)

A point of clarity, there are 2 uniformed nazi officers at Karlsruhe, the one embracing Hedwig and another described in my earlier post. Hedwig's officer will be staying, the other boarding.

Also, I don't see much reason not to have the train depart Karlsruhe at this point. I'll probably write that within six hours from this post unless there are objections.

Back
Top Bottom