Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Orient Express OOC Thread

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Main Thread
Orient Express Character Profiles

Map of Europe 1936
1936 Wikipedia
What Happened in 1936
A History of the Orient Express

Schedule (for our purposes)

ArrivalApproximate Travel TimeArrival Time
Strasbourg, France​
4:3600:06 Thursday
Karlsruhe, Germany​
2:1803:54 Thursday
Stuttgart, Germany​
2:1806:12 Thursday
Munich, Germany​
4:3610:18 Thursday
Vienna, Austria​
11:3022:15 Thursday
Budapest, Hungary7:105:25 Friday
Belgrade, Yugoslavia13:0718:32 Friday
Constantinople, Turkey (Istanbul)24:0818:40 Saturday

Last edited:
As we cross into Germany and talk about guns, it is my understanding that Germans could own guns with a permit. It raises the question as to whether being armed on the train would make one subject to arrest. Not that our Nazi friends need an actual broken law to arrest someone.

Any thoughts on this? Especially @captain_bond @MsBloom

It would be no riskier than being an SIS agent on an active mission in German territory. That's all I have on that.
I'm assuming Charles doesn't have his SIS identification card in a holster on his person... I would think undercover SIS personnel would avoid openly breaking laws.

I'm just trying to keep things authentic.

In 1919 all guns in Germany were to be surrendered to the government, with licensed ownership starting in the late 1920's. Even so, Jewish ownership was not often allowed, and completely disallowed starting a few years after our RP date. At least, that's the history as I remember learning it.

Gun ownership was licensed, though the guns had to be locked up (I belief that is the same today) and if you had one on you, you were either police or some other high-ranking person who needed it. Or you were their guard. It would be very dangerous for anyone to be found with one on their person. I suppose hiding a gun effectively, or being wealthy enough to bribe someone not to search your body or cabin, would be a good tactic.

I'm assuming Charles doesn't have his SIS identification card in a holster on his person... I would think undercover SIS personnel would avoid openly breaking laws.

I'm just trying to keep things authentic.
Nope. But if they catch him, he's gonna defend himself until he can't anymore.

I'm assuming Charles doesn't have his SIS identification card in a holster on his person..

I wonder if such a thing would even exist, at lest not for field operatives. Far too dangerous to be carrying around.

I would think undercover SIS personnel would avoid openly breaking laws.

Of course but it would also be important to be able to defend oneself.

I wonder if such a thing would even exist, at lest not for field operatives. Far too dangerous to be carrying around.
I was being facetious, but I do think avoiding suspicion would be paramount but you guys are the secret agents. So I think you should play out your role with the realization that if you are found carrying a firearm, it would be almost expected that they would be detained. Sure I suppose you can have a gun battle on the train but sooner or later the Nazi's are going to out gun you.

Play your roles as you see fit though.

Sure I suppose you can have a gun battle on the train but sooner or later the Nazi's are going to out gun you.

Not quite what I was intending but it might be fun. A shoot out somewhere in Serbia, and then pulling the emergency break and vanish into the night. (Only to reappear some years later in St Mary Mead ...)

I understand, I'm just trying to set the stage for what you are all headed into. You should understand the risks and the benefits in the context of the day. Decisions have consequences, even in RPs.

I will be traveling this coming weekend and will be unable to post much, if anything. Just wanted to let you know so you can plan accordingly.

Just a clarification regarding my latest post. The last part about the uniformed member of the Geheime Staatspolizei is intended to suggest that the officer mentioned by @xavierrol as having boarded the train entered the First Class Dining Car.

Please let me know in the morning and I apologize if my going to bed right after asking that has messed anything up in the main thread. Such was not my intention. Good night everyone.

Sorry for the long absence everybody, I had a shit weekend 🙃

But a new party has appeared and is waiting for someone special in the not-first-class dining car, because SOMEONE's gotta be a normal person on this train 😉

Back
Top Bottom