Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Orient Express OOC Thread

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Main Thread
Orient Express Character Profiles

Map of Europe 1936
1936 Wikipedia
What Happened in 1936
A History of the Orient Express

Schedule (for our purposes)

ArrivalApproximate Travel TimeArrival Time
Strasbourg, France​
4:3600:06 Thursday
Karlsruhe, Germany​
2:1803:54 Thursday
Stuttgart, Germany​
2:1806:12 Thursday
Munich, Germany​
4:3610:18 Thursday
Vienna, Austria​
11:3022:15 Thursday
Budapest, Hungary7:105:25 Friday
Belgrade, Yugoslavia13:0718:32 Friday
Constantinople, Turkey (Istanbul)24:0818:40 Saturday

Last edited:
In reference to my latest post in Jane Marple's compartment I just could not resist.

*dances in goth*

giphy.gif

I'll gt my new guy up soon, too! Long work day, so give me juuust a bit to decompress and catch up with everything.

@Shiva the Cat I probably don't have ALL the info on the contents of Estella's briefcase, but you'd think that a pair of British agents--whose JOB it is to basically ensure that Germany doesn't take over the country, in this case--would be valuable allies. Instead she fears them, and to me that's counter-intuitive. But I suppose there's a method to the proverbial madness. A big part of the 'method' is probably how she just doesn't know how many Britons are sympathetic to the Nazi regime and who they might have in their employ. For all she knows both Jane and Charles are part of that 'other' camp. Am I at least close?

"Government. I suppose that means which government you are talking about," Jane said with a smile

If it were me, this particular comment from Jane would certainly not inspire trust. Jane basically suggested being an agent but not for which government, British, US or perhaps even a double agent playing both sides. As Vin pointed out there were some rather strong fascist tendencies high up in British nobility at that point, including Edward VIII who after his abdication toured Nazi-Germany and even met Hitler personally.

And with this piece of the puzzle inn place there are a few things that suddenly makes sense to me but that is something I will bring up privately with our resident feline.

Keep in mind we're in 1936...the Anschluss hasnt yet happened, but there are open fascist sympathies in Britain. There were British aristocrats who were cheering Hitler on and George V had just died, with Edward VIII being a Nazi sympathizer as Bloom said.

1936 had some REALLY murky politics.

Yep. Walshie is keeping his head down while in German borders anyway and is only at breakfast to signal Jane to meet him, basically. He's gonna mosey back to his compartment and not come out until they're in Austria or preferably beyond.

Walshie is keeping his head down while in German borders anyway and is only at breakfast to signal Jane to meet him

Don't forget that he is supposed to be contacted by a courier as well, a courier that will not show up for reasons soon to become obvious but still. He can't simply hide in his compartment all through Germany.

Just saying.

True but rather than hiding in his room would he not confer with Jane first, assuming of course that they don't find the courier dead first.

Things are a bit more complicated. I have offered some nudges in PM but if anyone is confused or lost, let me know.

Gotcha. And on that note I will hold off on Jeudeth finding the body a little while longer but should be putting something up tonight at the latest.

Would it make any sense whatsoever for Charles to have deduced that Aleks and Estella should be sat down and asked what's their deal? Cause I'm thinking that all these foxes in the henhouse should get on the same page.

Would it make any sense whatsoever for Charles to have deduced that Aleks and Estella should be sat down and asked what's their deal?

I would be very curious to know how he did that. At least if you only use the information that Walsh has about them and not what you, the player, know.
Cause I'm thinking that all these foxes in the henhouse should get on the same page.

Foxes in the henhouse? I am assuming you are referring to Aleks, Estella, Jane and Walsh all being in the business of espionage. And on that assumption alone I know for a fact that Jane at least does not know that Aleks is in the spygame even if she suspects it. Estella only just admitted it to Jane in a very private setting so, again, how Walsh would know is beyond me.

Yeah I was just thinking he asks them in a general sense what's going on with them. And yes that is what I am referring to. More specifically, they're all working for Allied nations. This is why I asked, to avoid meta-gaming.

More specifically, they're all working for Allied nations.

They may perhaps be but again. Our characters does not know that, yet. Well Jane knows enough to conclude it about Estella although, if memory serves the alliance between the US and the UK did not happen until the US joined WWII so I wouldn't call them allied nations in 1936.

Yeah, I know. I suppose that I just wanted Estella, Aleks, Jane and Charles to eventually realize they all want the same thing. But if there's no way for that to happen, then there's no way for that to happen.

Yeah, I know. I suppose that I just wanted Estella, Aleks, Jane and Charles to eventually realize they all want the same thing. But if there's no way for that to happen, then there's no way for that to happen.
There is no guarantee they do all want the same thing. Even eventually Allied governments have somewhat different goals and are always jockeying for advantage while trying to keep their own secrets. Also, any of them could be double agents. Part of the fun of the RP is not really knowing.

Insofar as they all want Hitler and his thugs to burn in the ninth circle of Hell, yeah I imagine they all do want the same thing. But you're right: half the fun is finding out in-character.

Also I was hard-pressed to find anything to add to that but if anyone would care to offer suggestions I'd be happy to take them into consideration. I'm still sort of getting up and it's difficult to think right now.

Back
Top Bottom