Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Orient Express OOC Thread

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Main Thread
Orient Express Character Profiles

Map of Europe 1936
1936 Wikipedia
What Happened in 1936
A History of the Orient Express

Schedule (for our purposes)

ArrivalApproximate Travel TimeArrival Time
Strasbourg, France​
4:3600:06 Thursday
Karlsruhe, Germany​
2:1803:54 Thursday
Stuttgart, Germany​
2:1806:12 Thursday
Munich, Germany​
4:3610:18 Thursday
Vienna, Austria​
11:3022:15 Thursday
Budapest, Hungary7:105:25 Friday
Belgrade, Yugoslavia13:0718:32 Friday
Constantinople, Turkey (Istanbul)24:0818:40 Saturday

Last edited:
Also not going to question how people NOT in the sleeping car can hear the scream, considering they're all, you know, on a train and could be as far away as like a half mile.

"As if he had seen one every week" How right he is... Anyway I'm gonna reply a little later when I'm better able to formulate something longer and more thought-out, if that's okay with everyone?

Also not going to question how people NOT in the sleeping car can hear the scream, considering they're all, you know, on a train

My thinking was that those old trains were far from as sound-proof as trains are today. To that I added the sheer volume and intensity of the scream. I also considered that the door to the compartment was not closed behind Jeudeth when she screamed. I also added a bit of poetic license to the narrative.

And with that I am off to have a bath, dinner and then plant my behind firmly on the couch, at least for the foreseeable future. Good luck with your murder. Jane's wheels are already turning.

@Vinaein Shiva had directed me to edit that post, and I did so. If you decided to go with the original version, please tell me and I will restore my post accordingly. If not, please edit yours accordingly.

My you have all been quite prolific! I'm trying to catch up but responding to a few things.
Umm ... I must confess that I am now officially confused.
@xavierrol Please correct me if I am mistaken but had we not agreed in pm that Jeudeth would find the courier Walsh was supposed to meet murdered?
Why yes we did, that is correct.

And now @Shiva the Cat is playing that very same courier, alive and well? Or has she just revealed her second character as the enemy agent sent to retrieve the list and exchange it for a false one, and in doing so also revealed that same character as the murderer?
This would also SEEM to be a true statement.

The only thing that seems a bit out of whack to my vision of things is there seem to be a lot more Nazis in uniform than I would have imagined. I'm only playing one, at least that is in uniform but there could be others. He is also more of a state police type than a soldier.

I will reply tonight or tomorrow before I leave. I'll be pretty scarce until Sunday when I return. I'll have my phone so I may be able to answer questions but not much else.

Haha. Oregano. Anyways I'm actually a little bit under the weather (just some sinus bullshit) so I'm good with waiting until later today, tomorrow, next week, next century... *flops down to pass out*

Oh man. Charles really was just introducing himself so he didn't have to have any more awkward moments at guessing his name. I suppose the timing WAS a bit off but it was indeed just a rare (in the espionage game anyway) coincidence @MsBloom And I used the company name because that's one of the most common covers that James Bond used and I borrowed it.

Back
Top Bottom