Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thieves (cont.) (Me and Candria)

Jake shook his head at the events he could only guess at. "I should have known somethng was going to happen as soon as I walked in through that door." He said softly standing to his feet ignoring the pain of his arm and side. With his good arm he grabbed his pants and put them on. "Doc, I ain't stripping next time." He said zipping them up and buttoning the pants.

Derrick nodded. "You can get his pills from any pharmacy. So when ever your ready, and I swear I won't allow delia anywhere near you two when you come back, though in truth I hope you don't have to come back." His last statement was a frendly manner as in hoping neither of them got hurt again and had to have his help.

Yin frowned and helped Jake into his shirt, being careful to make sure that the fabric didn't brush against his stitches too much. When he was dressed she shook the doctor's hand and got the prescription from him before helping Jake into the wheel chair. "Thanks for everything, doc." That said, she pushed him out into the hall and out of the building. "I'm sorry Jake. I should have been more careful."

"It isn't your fault Baby." He said softly raising his good hand to rest on her arm as she pushed the chair. "I don't know why she's that stuck to me. It just annoys me that I have to fear coming here." Of course he explained it low so not to hurt Delia's feelings. Once they reached the elvator and he was in it he leaned his head back looking up at her. "I'm sorry you had to go through what ever happened."

"I was more worried about you than anything, hun. The worst she could do was lock me in the wheelchair closet. I'm pretty sure I broke the door frame," she said with a little laugh. "As far as I know, though, she wasn't able to do much to you at all." Yin kissed the top of his head in the elevator and then wheeled him out of the building and toward the street.

((Sorry, a little blocked.))

Jake hated having to sit in the wheelchair and look helpless. He wasn't that badly injured, or so he thought. He moved into the car and waited for the engine to start so they could go home. He knew that within a few days they could sell the jewel they stole the night before, but it was most likely Yin that was going to have to do it. He hoped in the back of his mind she wouldn't get cheated or end up like him.

Yin drove them to a pharmacy and got his pills. "I'll be right back, okay?" She kissed his cheek and then ran into the pharmacy. Luckily, they had the pills on hand and had them to her in a few minutes. The pretty thief returned to the car a few moments later and handed the bottle to him with some water. "Well, did you at least catch up on your sleep?" she asked as she drove them back to their warehouse.

Jake shook his head. "No, I've been thinking about what I'm ging to be able to do while these damned stitches heal." He looked over at her and took the bottle. He opened it and took two of the pills before drinking half the water down. "We have to sell that gem tomorrow, and I don't know if I can go with you. So what can I do?"

She frowned and focused on driving for the moment. "Well...you could always set it up...be the look out if you want." Yin shrugged and turned onto their street. "Do we really have to sell it tomorrow? Could we wait until you're at least off of medication?" she asked, making another turn into the parking complex that housed a few cars--all theirs. "How are you feeling? not in quite as much pain as before?" she asked.

"I'm feeling better." Jake commented with a sigh. "I hate being or feeling so helpless." He laid his head back against the seat. "I'll wait until I'm healed before we get rid of that gem, I don't want this happening to you." He mused softly. He still didn't understand how he could be so careless and get in this predicament. "I swear to god anyone hurts you I'll kill them all." He said softly looking over at her. He didn't know why he was so protective when she could take care of herself, maybe it was because they were partners completely and not just professionally. He did not know yet it could have been her beauty, her intellect, or both.

Yin smiled at his comment and put a hand on his shoulder. "Nothing's going to happen to me, baby. I'm not going anywhere without you ever again," she said softly, trying to put his mind at ease. The little thief put the car in park and got out to help him. "The meds are supposed to make you drowsy, so you'll probably feel a little sleepy on the way in. Just let me help you in, okay?" The pretty woman opened the door and held her hand out for him. She wanted nothing more than to help him, make him feel better.

"You're so amazing beautiful." He said with drowsy eyes. "Just please don't think of me as weak while I'm like this." He didn't like handouts, nor did he like people to pity him. He stood to his feet without her help though he was wobbly. As he caught himself on the car he nodded and took her shoulder walking slowly into the house. "I hope I'm not too much of a burden my love."

"Now, you'll only be a burden if you get hurt again," she said helping him to the door. Once they were inside, she helped him to the bed where he could rest for awhile. "When you're awake, I'll get you some food and you can move to the couch if you want, but for now, you stay right where you are, okay?" she smiled and gave him an extra pillow and then tucked him in, feeling weird about it. "Do you want me to stay with you?"

He shook his head at her mentioning food. "I'm not hungry." He listened carefully and with his good arm pulled her down into his lap. "How about I get to kiss those beautiful lips of yours?" he took the front of her collar into his grip pulling her down into a kiss, slightly, but to where she couldn't squirm out of it either.

Yin's eyes widened as he pulled her into his lap. Was he crazy? He could reopen his wounds if he was too rough. She was just about to tell him so when he took her by the collar and pulled her into a kiss. If she'd wanted to get away from him and those beautiful lips of his, she would have had to have smashed him in the shoulder or the ribs to do so. She was tempted to try and get away for a few moments, but let him have his little victory. She let him savor it. And then she started to savor it too, kissing him back gently.

He held her collar as they kissed knowing full well she would be on his case about his injuries once they were finished making out. He licked at her lips passionately before releasing her shirt from his grasp and running his fingertips over her cheek. He pulled away from the kiss and looked into her eyes for a minute with a smile. "I know, 'You're mad trying to reopen your wounds after the day I've had.' " he said softly lightly mocking her. "I just wanted to thank you for putting up with me while I get better." He explained lightly his hand still cupping her cheek.

Yin smiled and shook her head. "Well you just think you know everything, don't you?" she teased, turning her head to kiss his palm. "Don't worry about me putting up with you, okay? You worry about getting better so I don't have to put up with you," she chuckled. She kissed his cheek before getting off of his lap and standing beside him. "And whether you like it or not, you're getting food when you wake up, so shut up and rest, damnit. Now do you want me to stay with you while you rest or not?" she asked.

He took her hand lightly once again and kissed it. "I don't mind either way baby but if you want to lay next to me you might be more comfortable without anything on?" He asked softly Of course she didn't have to strip down he was mainly teasing since there wasn't much else he was going to be able to do with her for a while. He kissed her hand once more not even worried about her answer.

Yin smiled as he kissed her hand and chuckled. "Maybe I would. But I think you'd be more comfortable if I had something on." She smiled and kissed him softly, kneeling beside him. "I'll stay with you for awhile, Jake. So be good." That said, she slipped off her pants and socks before climbing into bed with him again, curling up close by his side, but far enough away for him to have room. "Sleep well, hun."

He laid next to her putting his hand over her's. She didn't need to strip, though her doing it for him was appreciated. "thank you baby." She called him hun, though he was sure it was him calling her baby that made her feel obligated to say it. He wasn't exactly sure if he loved her yet or if it was just being around a woman after so long that attracted him to her. Her body was beautiful her mind was cunning, and she was as sly as a fox. All traits he admired in a woman, but he still didn't know.

She smiled at him and squeezed his hand, enjoying the weight and warmth of him. "Sleep well and get your rest. I'll be right here if you need me." Her lips kissed his knuckles softly before she closed her eyes and let weariness carry her off into a light sleep. Even if Jake wasn't sure, she certainly was. Jake had been a friend, a mentor, and a partner to her for what seemed like ages. The first time she saw him it had felt like she was under a spell, drawn to him, yest still suspicious. Even if Jake wasn't sure, Yin knew that she loved him.

Jake slept sitting up in the bed though it annoyed him before he passed out. His hand still in Yin's, as his mind filled with nothing but darkness resulting in a dreamless sleep. Hours passed and he continued to sleep as the medication was taking it's full effect. That was until the next evening when he woke up from a sharp shooting pain.

Yin had been taking care of him, but she'd assumed that as long as he was asleep he wouldn't feel pain, so she didn't wake him up to give him more medications. She could have hit herself. "Jake," she said taking his good arm. "Go on and take this," she said said holding up a pain pill and a glass of water.

Yin frowned and held onto his hand, telling him to squeeze hers when he felt pain. "I'm sorry, Jake. I should have woken you up so you could take another pill. I wanted you to sleep because you couldn't last night." She frowned and kissed his forehead, hoping that he wasn't in an insane amount of pain.

He shook his head and held her hand. It wasn't her fault his carelessness put him in this situation. He kissed her hand lightly then turned his head the other direction. She really should be seeing him like this, this weak state he couldn't escape. He wasn't ignoring her to be cruel he didn't deserve to look at her. How much pain was she in knowing he was hurting? It was his fault, he laid there continuing to bash himself and his stupidity. It was only about fifteen minutes before sleep encased his mind once again.

Back
Top Bottom