Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ʜᴏʟʟʏᴡᴏᴏᴅ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ — O O C

calum

"Quiet people have the loudest minds."
- Stephen Hawking​

✧FULL NAME: Calum Park (Dae-Jung Park)​
✧NICKNAMES: Cloudy - reserved for close friends and family members
✧AGE: 22​
✧CLASSIFICATION: Senior​
✧GENDER: Male​
✧SEXUALITY: Heterosexual​
✧MAJOR: Medicine​
✧MINOR: English Literature​
✧ROLE: Rich​
✧SOCIAL STATUS: Starred in a teen romance movie, has a modest following on social media, son of two famous actors.​

appearance

✧APPEARANCE: Calum stands at a good 6'1" (he'll fight you on that inch by the way) and sports a lean, lanky build, his stature somewhat offset by his neat hair and mild appearance. A decidedly stereotypical Korean, he possesses the dark hair and eyes and pale skin of his parents, and dresses in simple, minimalistic high fashion without too much bling. A bit understated perhaps, but prim and proper at all times, and he does pull off the stylish bookworm look quite well.​
✧PERSONALITY: Introverted and aloof at his core, Calum has a laissez-faire attitude towards most things in life. Outwardly, he appears friendly, put-together and is the epitome of the modern gentleman, but dig a little closer and peel away the sweaters hiding his tattoos, and out comes the jaded and disinterested man who would rather be getting high alone in his room rather than talking to strangers. That doesn't mean he's anti-social, however; Calum is more than capable of letting loose every now and then and is arguably more skilled in telling people what they want to hear than a used car salesman. Actually has very few friends, and those close enough to call him by his family nickname are back in Korea.​

✧LIKES: Mainstream pop music, being alone, spicy foods, coffee, bad Netflix shows, tattoos, marijuana, fantasy novels, improv comedy, action RPGs, spending time with his extended family - especially the ones in Korea​
✧DISLIKES: Loud places, crushing expectations, insects, nosy people, the media attention​
✧HABITS: Getting high when sad, uses deadpan dry humor for most situations, sighs a lot with close friends, smiles a lot with strangers and acquaintances​
✧HOBBIES: Playing video games, reading, hotboxing (usually in conjunction with either of the first two)​
✧HOMETOWN: Seoul, South Korea​

✧BIOGRAPHY: Being famous isn't exactly easy, and Calum Park can wholeheartedly attest to that. Born to two co-stars who married a bit too quickly after shooting their hit movie together and divorced not long after having their only child, Calum grew up in essentially two different households; one in the States and another on the opposite side of the world, in South Korea. Both his parents continued to be popular as he was growing up, and as a result, the limelight often shifted onto the young boy, who grew to detest the attention.​
Having successful parents is hard enough-- he had large shoes to fill, after all, but with his parents, it felt almost impossible to meet their expectations. He got their acting chops, alright, but unfortunately didn't inherit their star power, their confidence and charisma. More the type to stare at his shoes than demand the attention of a room with a dazzling smile. This didn't persuade his parents much, who, despite arguing on pretty much every aspect of life, seemed to agree that their only son should become an actor.​
One thing to note is that you don't really say no to your parents in a traditional household, and being raised by his grandmothers in Korea for most of his early years, Calum was never really primed for rebellion. Add to this his non-confrontational attitude, and the result would be a golden child who fails at every single role he auditions for. They said he was too shy, too soft, so he put up a confident, unaffected persona for the cameras, but even then, success was a hair too far for his reach. Still, he pressed on, moving permanently to Los Angeles after he turned sixteen to properly pursue an acting career after finishing high school.​
Culture shock is a bitch, and Calum had to spend a considerable amount of time trying to blend in with these loud American kids (and get used to being called Calum) but found that he actually enjoyed the more liberal lifestyle. Marijuana and cigarettes were newfound friends and so were tattoos. Incidentally, his break came just as he was thinking about giving up and continuing his education when he was cast as the lead in a teenage rom-com, his parents' name admittedly helping to grease some palms. The movie was a relative success and brought him some much-needed recognition, but right at the height of his stardom, he decided to enroll in Hollywood University for a degree in medicine, unsure if he really wants a career in the limelight. It's been almost 4 years since the movie premiered, and his name has mostly faded again-- just the way he likes it.​

MISCELLANEOUS: Has a couple of tattoos; a mandala on his left forearm, his name in hanja on his right shoulder, and a dove on the back of his right arm​
bgugtib-293x300.jpg
dove-tattoo-26.jpg

Sorry for not having my characters up! I ran errands then bumped into one of my friends and the rest is history. 😂

But off again tomorrow, so expect them then. ^_^

@Agnes Apologies for the lateness but he's accepted! Such a lovely character. 💜

I got my female up but she needs to be finished! I will finish her later tonight and hopefully get my boi up, as well. ^_^ Sorry to you guys waiting but hopefully, we'll be able to start this sometime soon. I am aiming for Friday, which is 08/06.

How does that sound for everyone? 😊

Yay! I'll move him over to character creation then.

And Friday sounds good to me! I really like how Dom is looking so far as well-- excited to see what her story will be.

I can probably do Friday as well! I'll be at work so I might be a little slow until I'm off but I can definitely still do stuff. Also, Dom seems really interesting! I can't wait to see her bio

Seems like this will get off the ground Friday! ^_^

Also, I appreciate everyone's kind words regarding Domi. She's a revived character with a tweak here or there to fit into this environment.

Please make sure that you visit the PLOTTING thread if you haven't already. Don't want anyone to be left out of the loop.

Back
Top Bottom