Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ʜᴏʟʟʏᴡᴏᴏᴅ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ — O O C

So far I've spent more time on writing examples of my character's poetry than her biography, hehe.

1627493979242.png 1627494037931.png
"
I am your opus,
I am your valuable,
The pure gold baby

"
- by Sylvia Plath

FULL NAME -- Eloise Langford

NICKNAMES -- Ella, Lo

AGE -- 18

CLASSIFICATION -- Freshman

GENDER -- Female

SEXUALITY -- Heterosexual

MAJOR -- Creative Writing

MINOR -- n/a

ROLE -- Poor

SOCIAL STATUS -- Her father (deceased) was a security guard for a nightclub, her mother used to work as a social carer for the elderly until she was diagnosed with COPD, caused by heavy smoking and strongly limited her day-to-day life. Known in academic poetry circles as a bright young talent.

APPEARANCE -- Lo is rather androgynous, which she emphasises by cutting her hair short and wearing masc clothing, though she isn't against wearing makeup for certain events. Her hair is dyed black, and naturally a chestnut brown. She stands around 5'5 tall, and has a lithe figure.

PERSONALITY - Lo is a quiet person, which is sometimes seen as standoffish or even rude. However, she can be quite awkward in conversation, especially if her brain is feeling creative - she just tends to want to focus on one thing at a time. Growing up in a town with pretty high crime, she isn't a stranger to casual drug use, and if offered pot, she'll likely partake - if she trusts the person offering. Her creativity and poetic habits can, to some, be taken to mean that Lo might be pretentious or uppity, but her lack of confidence in her skills (despite her immense enjoyment of writing) means that she's more likely to act uneasy with praise, rather than bask in it.

LIKES -- poetry (particularly confessional), mint tea (from the actual leaf!), platform shoes (heels, sneakers, anything), the sound of heavy thunder, people with quick wits and smart remarks, Jean-Michel Basquiat, baked macaroni and cheese

DISLIKES -- arrogance, Ayn Rand, mayonnaise, white walls, almost everything considered 'classic American literature' , the smell of valerian, minimalist poetry

HABITS -- chewing the tips of pens, losing track of conversations often and looking confused, dog-earing her books

HOBBIES -- writing (or most commonly, dabbling) in poetry, browsing bookshops, sinking too much time into fictional Sims characters

HOMETOWN -- Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA

BIOGRAPHY -- Up until her father died when she was eight, after he had been attacked and killed by a club-goer upon being refused entry, Lo had had a relatively normal, pleasant life - if you ignored the rising crime rates in Jamaica Plain, that was. Her father was indulgent, and though he worked long, night hours, he made as much effort as he could to be awake in the mornings before getting sleep himself so that he could spend at least an hour or so with his wife and daughter.

After her father's death, Lo began to internalise her feelings and grief, only putting the words to paper in the form of poems after her school counsellor expressed concerns for her mental health. At first, her word was juvenile and 'edgy', but quickly Lo felt as though she had a rhythm in poetry, and her teachers encouraged her to send poems to youth magazines. That really got Lo's name out there, and people have called her a young genius - she think that's overrated, and definitely not appropriate.

As Lo's status in the young poet world rose, her mother put more and more pressure on her to do well, creating rifts between them. They were only exacerbated when Lo's mother got incredibly sick and had to stop working; Lo, feeling social expectations to care for her mother, was willing to stop thinking about higher education and become her mother's carer, until she received the letter offering her the chance to study Creative Writing under a scholarship, based on her academic and poetic success. She desperately wanted to go, but...

Reluctant at first to leave her ill mother and cross the country to go to college, Lo's mother apologised for the pressure put upon her daughter after her husband's death, and after ensuring her mother would be well cared for by local friends and family, she left her hometown for the first time, heading to sunny Cali.

MISCELLANEOUS
Favourite poems:
° Mad Girl's Love Song
° Lady Lazarus
° V. Innocentia Veritas Viat Fides Circumdederunt Me Inimici Mei ( The innocence about the truth of my enemies)
° The Laboratory
° Goblin Market

Examples of Lo's poety:
° "Music"
° "Masked"
° "Six Feet"
° "K. E."
° "i am lo"

1ndFPEHTtZfOvFykb43O7NP1GmRuTj8pSrtOiTkryaDSX82WsaUt_oggqjHYKla4P_JJNHSIcRNVXYFHergZF_eyebKIwooSr51GvlYChaezuE45oGjlr4-h-A1DSQXn_FQ2QNk

"Watch me fall into the arms of anyone who will look my way
find god in the line of your jaw and break it"
Kanika Lawton, from "Girl as Burning”, in Wildfire Heart​

FULL NAME: Isadora Kieran Lynch
NICKNAMES: Isa (no one calls them Isadora)
CLASSIFICATION: Sophomore
SEXUALITY: Bisexual
MAJOR: Human Services
ROLE: Poor
SOCIAL STATUS: Their mother is a factory worker and they’ve never known their father.​

APPEARANCE: Isa is 5’8 and visibly underweight, they cut their own hair and keeps it styled as a messy mullet. They have blue-grey eyes and pale skin, and they tend to keep their hair dyed white-ish blonde. They dress in dark colors and favor a punk style, partially because they tend to repair their own clothes.

PERSONALITY: cynical and snarky - they don’t get along with many people and are picky about the ones they do get along with. They try to appear unaffected by most things but struggles to hold back when they see someone being mistreated. They prefer to keep their secrets and personal life close to the chest, and they struggle to make connections or feel at home amongst their more glamorous classmates. They’re determined to follow through on their plans and goals; can sometimes disregard other people’s feelings in favor of completing said goals.
LIKES: walking for long periods of time with no real goal in mind, listening to thumping music in the dark, dancing in the middle of a sweaty crowd, stargazing, reading, taking naps when they can
DISLIKES: anyone that is overly condescending, controlling men, coffee, extremely cold weather,
HABITS: smoking cigarettes, chewing on their fingernails, taking care of others
HOBBIES: Reading, sketching, making and keeping a collection of pressed flowers​

HOMETOWN: New York City, NY (specifically Woodlawn)
BIOGRAPHY: (I was scared to go into details because I didn’t want to trigger anyone)

They were raised by a single mother who was rarely home, and when she was she was drinking; leaving them to teach themselves how to do most things. They were very close with many of the other residents of Woodlawn and tends to think of them as family, but they weren’t very successful at making friends with people their own age very often.

They met Derek(who was a senior) as a freshman in high school, and due to a desperation to feel loved and a lack of parental control, ended up falling into a fairly toxic relationship. Despite his pressures to drop out, they pushed through and graduated with very good grades. They continued to push themselves at their local community college, their determination gave them high praise and they were encouraged to apply for scholarships to other schools. They received a fair amount of offers, but the one they decided to accept put them across the country from their abuser.​

MISCELLANEOUS:
Their birthday is July 30th, their zodiac sign is Leo​

Last edited:
Same :D No worries Perfect Disaster!

Love both of your characters cryodilicbrandy and lenjaminbutton! Everyone's characters so far are great, can't wait to get started.

I'll be making a queer male character if anyone is interested in discussing something around that? Rich, queer, poly fuck boi type

Yay! Thanks! :)

Is there a character limit? I knew someone else who was interested as well 👀

Back
Top Bottom