Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

It hurt him to see her so bruised. Why didn't she fight back? "Maybe soon." He replied. His conversations had gotten a lot better, too. She could talk to him just about anything now.

She never seemed to fight back against her parents punishments, always accepting them without a single noise if she could help it, never cowering one from their strikes. “I hope so.” She said softly.

He wished he could make her understand it wasn't ok that they harmed her. It bothered him through his sleepless nights that she just accepted this as her life. Like it was her fate. He wanted to take her away. "I'm sure it will be soon."

Though her body was weak, her will wasn’t, taking every cruel beating, then getting back on her feet and continuing with her training. The sounds of her silent beatings echoed in his ears at night while she slept; yet he never felt resentment from her.

He didn't get it. Couldn't wrap his head around it. Maybe he was supposed to be her resentment? Her anger? Maybe she couldn't feel those things cuz he took them from her? He didn't know.

The schooling Yukimura received didn’t change much as he progressed in grades, focusing mainly on sorcery, but still being taught basic schooling material as well. He had already consumed dozens of small curses, all which he seemed to have ease with taking their power and making them his own before his body burned them away.

Akihime was working equally as hard, doing her best to keep up with Yukimura. Sure, she could be just as strong, if not stronger, depending on what tool she was using, but she wanted to be with him everywhere as his support. Her crush on him blossomed into a full relationship, but they were both incredibly embarrassed about it - as preteens are - and so kept it hidden. They would hold hands when hiding at lunch and steal kisses when parting ways after school, but when together around other people they tried keeping it professional. She didn't mind, it was better this way.

Yukimura seemed happy with his student life, working hard, training hard with Akihime, the both of them starting practicing exorcisms on captured low grade curses. His intimate moments with Akihime always left him red-faced, but he was respectful, always asking for permission before holding her hand, or kissing her.

Amaya had recently been taken into the school on her own merit rather than familial recognition. One of her student duties was to practice talismans and seals, and one of the ways provided by the school was using a temple just outside the school grounds, high in the mountains, were a unique type of curse was sealed.

It was sweet when they were alone, he was such a gentleman and when they worked together he was so passionate about his training. She loved it about him.

It was a big shrine, which was odd; a whole shrine for a curse? Why would they allow such a powerful thing live?

“I heard it was Oda’s duty to tend to the shrine this month.” Yukimura spoke to Akihime as he stretched, ready for the training they had planned together. “Is it easy? Replenishing seals?” He asked, looking over to Akihime, who the month before was on seal duty.

It didn’t take Amaya too long to reach the shrine, despite the long trek up the mountainside, the morning was cool and by keeping a steady jogging pace, she reached the shrine rather quickly.

"It can be!" She replied, slowly twirling the bow staff tool in her hand, "It depends on the seal. There are small seals and larger ones. It takes a very long time or it could take hours depending on the length."

It was rather gorgeous up there, peaceful even. There weren't very many people there, a priest or two but that was it.

Yukimura have a half grin to Akihime. “Guess I kinda lucked-out on that, huh?” He said with a chuckle. In truth, he did wish he held the ability to do the same as his other classmates.

Amaya glanced at the few priests wandering the grounds, heading for the main building of the temple where her job presided, replenishing the seals within.

She smiled softly, "Hai. I can see you getting bored or falling asleep in the middle of remaking a seal." She teased.

The priests didn't seem to pay her any mind at all, like they already knew who she was without having to talk to her. How convenient.

Yukimura’s cheeks flushed and he stood up, rubbing the back of his neck. “You know I’ve never been good at focusing on that kind of thing.”

Amaya pulled her headphones out, moving further into the shrine and pulling the hood of her jacket down, looking around until she spotted what she was there for: a large paper seal stuck to the back wall.

"I know. I find that endearing about you." She said before taking her stance, "Shall we?" She smiled brightly.

It was eerily quiet as she moved to the seal, the smell of incense filling the room. Well, at least she would be able to work in peace.

Yukimura took up his own stance- unarmed -he was trying to improve his technique on fighting an opponent who was armed. “The teachers don’t feel the same way.” He laughed sheepishly.

She walked to the seal, reaching out and touching the old paper, feeling it crinkle beneath her palm before closing her eyes to focus. She could feel the cursed energy already imbued within, focusing on her own in preparation to infuse the paper with her own new energy.

"The teachers don't know you as well as I do." She said before suddenly rushing forward, spinning the staff and swinging it full force. She never did hold back.

"You're new." A voice said from behind her. "Has it been a month already?"

He side stepped the blow, aiming a kick for her chest to push her back, moving forward to close the distance between the two of them. “That’s very true.”

Amaya was a bit startled, but only turned to see who had spoken up behind her, keeping her hand on the seal as to not break her contact with it. “It has.”

She gripped the middle of the staff and spun it back to try and connect with him again, or at least force him back a pace or two. "It's part of your charm. You work just as hard as everyone else, if not harder!"

He was young, wild red hair held down rather poorly by the priest hat he wore, green eyes looking her over.
"What's your name?"

“I have to! It’s my duty to do so!” He barely avoided the end of her staff, stumbling back a step before quickly regaining his composure. “It’s all of our obligation!”

The hat was what felt like a sucker punch straight to the gut. She had seen them dozens of times before, but something about the fact that the hat looked to be holding on for dear life to his wild bush of a hair was overwhelmingly comical to her. “Oh, uh, Oda. Oda Amaya.” She said, forcing her eyes off the hat and to his face.

She blushed softly and looked away shyly, "That's such an attractive quality, Yukimura.." She muttered shyly.

"Don't laugh at my hat, ok? I don't look good bald." He said, glaring behind his fan.

Akihime was suddenly on her back on the mat, staff out of her hands and in Yukimura’s. “Ah, I’m sorry!” He tossed aside the staff and moved to help Akihime up, face expressing his worry clearly. “I didn’t mean to throw you like that!”

“So you tried shaving before the hat?” Her face was poised, but her eyes twinkled like an amused cat, curious to see more.

Her heart fluttered, her face heating up more. She didn't even see him move. That's what she got for letting her guard down. "N-No, it's ok..." She smiled suddenly, "Good job! You got me again!"

"Yeah...it didn't grow back fast enough..." He mumbled the last part before glaring more, "Stop thinking about it, I know you are."

Yukimura helped her up. “It still isn’t going to add much against how much you’ve got in wins against me.”

“You’re the one describing it to me.” She pointed out with a slight snicker, turning to look at the seal.

"Well...I'm not very good with this tool yet.." She replied, before looking up at him, "Would you...like a reward for winning...?" She asked bashfully.

He moved closer, looking over her shoulder as he watched, "How long will this take, do you think?"

Back
Top Bottom