Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Nana wasn’t used to having a compliment directed toward her, face and ears burning red. “It’s just a simple name..” She muttered bashfully.

"Simple doesn't mean bad." He said, "Simplicity can be...uh..." He couldn't come up with the word on his own, "endearing..." That sounded right.

Nana fidgeted a bit, feeling a flutter in her chest. “Thank you, Motochika, that’s very kind of you..” Did this mean she wasn’t going to rid of him? If he was bound to her like he said, and she had already named him, should she just let him stay? He wasn’t hurting anyone, and he wasn’t half bad at conversations.

He could feel her doubt but didn't bring it up. Of course she would be apprehensive of him, he kind of just came into being. He wasn't a curse, but he wasn't a full shikigami either. He was an odd in between and he himself didn't know his own intentions.

Nana didn’t hide Motochika for long from her parents, and when they expressed their happiness about her technique, it made her happy in turn, but it was short lived. She now had to put her studies on hold, try to get to training in an attempt to catch up on what she had missed due to her late blooming ability.

Motochika's growth didn't change through her training, which was odd. He didn't know if he had any powers as a curse, or as a shikigami. It was a little frustrating to see her work so hard and nothing come from it, but he knew it wasn't her fault.

Nana would push herself everyday to please her parents, trying to increase what little stamina her body had, and even taking the teachings her father gave her in hand to hand combat, but she was no good at any of it. Her body was too frail, her stamina barely changed, and she tired out too quickly.

"You aren't trying hard enough." Her father chastised. Motochika stood not too far away, watching and listening.
"You'll never be good enough if you don't do better."

Nana was breathing heavily, on her hands and knees in the small room that her father had turned into a sparing dojo for her. “I’m trying..!” She managed out through heavy breaths. “I am..!”

"No, you aren't! You're slacking! Get up!" He yelled and hit her with his cane. Motochika jerked forward, red eyes glowing brighter than before.

Nana collapsed to the floor without a sound, the side of her cheek already turning red with a welt from the cane. She struggled to sit up, then to get to her feet, holding her throbbing face. “I’m sorry, Tou-san.. I promise I’ll keep trying..” She said, eyes cast down, not having noticed Motochika flinch when her father struck her.

"You had damn well better." He growled out. Motochika couldn't have been the only one of them that was angry she was hit. He couldn't have been. She had to have been upset.

Nana’s face hurt badly, her chest tight from overexertion, but she was finally getting to spend time with her parents. They were finally choosing to be with her, to spend time with her, even if it was only for training.

"I'll give you a moment to regain yourself before we continue." Her father said before leaving. Motochika moved to Nana and stood beside her.
"Should I break him?"

Nana turned to him in shock, eyes wide. “No! No, don’t hurt my dad!” She said, fear fluttering in her chest at the thought. “He’s doing his best..! He’s just trying to help..!”

Nana could feel the heat from the welt on her face. “He’s just… He didn’t mean too, ok..” She said softly. “I’m strong, I can handle something like this.”

Nana shook her head and moved to get a drink of water from her bottle. “I’m ok, Motochika.” She said, taking a drink. “I can do this, I can handle this.”

He didn't say anything else, but he was still angry. He didn't think a parent should hurt their offspring, not even animals did it.

Nana seemed to crave the attention she got from her parents, even the bad attention. Her and Motochika grew closer as well, the two almost always spending time together, wether it be training or simply resting together.

He enjoyed any and all time he spent with her, she was kind and reserved and he found it endearing. He wanted to get stronger for her.

Nana actually quite enjoyed Motochika’s company, he was quiet, and despite his frightening appearance, he was gentle and kind to Nana.

Their bond only seemed to get stronger, even as the beatings grew worse for Nana. It made him angry, hateful. Why did she allow them to abuse her? Because neither of them were growing stronger? He wanted to kill them.

Nana could see Motochika was slowly increasing in size. The tusks from his mouth and the horns on his head growing larger. “It’s weird, you seem to be growing in size, but we still can’t really figure out if you have any special abilities.” Nana had a nasty black eye and a fat lip, but she still smiled up at the curse all the same.

Back
Top Bottom