Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thousand-year Curse (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Nana didn’t know how to react to finding a curse having found its way into her room, it wasn’t something small like a fly head, she didn’t know what exactly it was. “Where did you come from?”

He was her curse? No, she hadn’t cursed anyone, she hadn’t done anything other than to live quietly with her head down, doing the best she could to simply exist, but that was asking too much, wasn’t it. Her shoulders sagged a bit, and she turned her head away, taking her eyes off of him, but keeping him in her peripheral. “I can’t do anything for you, you should just leave, or disappear, anything- there’s nothing for you here.” She said, laying back down in bed. It wasn’t even light out yet, she wasn’t getting out of bed just yet. “I’ll just tell my parents and they’ll get rid of you anyway.”

It was too early for this, and she was too tired to figure out what he was trying to tell her. “Then stay, but don’t make a mess of anything.”

When the sun has finally risen, Nana got out of bed, carefully making her bed before moving to the small bathroom connected to her room to wash her face. After readying herself for the morning, she simply went about her usually daily tasks, reading until she was brought breakfast, eating in her room, then studying. She paid the curse no mind at all, he wasn’t bothering her, so she’d leave him be in turn, despite his unsettling appearance.

All he did was watch her, like a silent predator not letting itself known to it's prey. It was unsettling how still he was, like he was really no more than a decorative statue.

During her studies, she would occasionally look up at him, but never speak to him. He said he had come from her, that he had no name? She set her pencil down and rubbed her hand to release the tension. “When you said we were bound… what did you mean by that?”

Nana scrunched her nose, her parents told her she had no ability, that it had simply never appeared, despite having plenty of cursed energy. “I’m not angry.” She disputed, a soft frown on her face.

Nana felt her heart ache, shame making her cheeks red, and she looked away from the curse. “Strong enough to make a curse this big..” She couldn’t even look up now, embarrassed to even be seen by a nameless curse.

So did this mean he was her ability or was he just her curse? Nana shook her head, swallowing hard and looking up at him again. “Thank you… as strange as it is thanking a curse.. it helps.”

He nodded, though a little stiffly. He knew how he was made but he felt more than just a cursed spirit. He would have to work it out for himself later.

Nana sat with a thoughtful look on her face for a moment before looking to the beast. “I suppose you need something to be called by, and seeing as you don’t have one yet, could I perhaps give you a name?”

She gave a firm nod and thought for a bit, trying to think of a name that would suit this massive spirit. “How about.. Motochika..?” She said after a bit. “Do you think it sounds like a fitting name?”

Nana felt a little proud, glad that he accepted the name she chose, rather than to ridicule it. A soft smile tugged at her lips. “I’m glad, you should have a name that suits you after all.”

Nana blinked and shifted at her desk, truth be told, she never thought about it. She rarely heard her own name being called by others, even the servants called her “miss” rather than by her name. “I’ve… never thought about it, I suppose it’s fine.”

Back
Top Bottom