Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space IC

Who: Tag
Where: The Campfire site.
When: June 18, Approximately 4 pm
Relevant: @LeaT (Penny) @Motoharu (Judy/Mei) @small package @Colonel_Liam (Maxwell & Martin) @apollo247 @xavierrol (Nate)

"Stupid kid," was Tag's first reaction when he realised that Nate had shown up out of nowhere and saved the ball from going out of bounds but as he looked up from the chubby kid to follow the ball's trajectory he smiled.
"Ok you'll have to go fetch that yourself," he said and then followed the clearly excited Penny into the back of the Chariot that had been prepared for the naughty part of the game.

Seven minutes later when the two re-emerged from the back of the Chariot Tag had a confident smile all over his face and the look of a fox having been given the key to the hen house. He walked over to the fire and picked up one of the bottles Maxwell had brought and took a deep almost challenging sig from it.

Who: Jodi Wheeler
Where: Watching game from a distance
Who: (Nate)@xavierrol, any other people

She gasped as the sudden voice behind her caught her by surprise, “Don’t sneak up on me like that if you want to be able to actually be in that stupid program”. She showed a knife she had hidden inside her bag just in case he did not got the message. “And no, I usually make the things myself from scrap. Something made by another person would have difficulties I might not know how to solve with me creating the equipment I know at all times what to do”. Why am I talking to him? I am sure he is part of the darn breeding program. I guess as long as he does not make an advance to me I can still talk to him… “That breeding program thing is going to bring more harm than good sooner or later. Sure we need to ensure humans survival but forcing girls to be breeding machines is just wrong”.

She sighed looking back at him up and down before shaking her head. And don’t worry I will not try to cockblock you, looks like you need it. She sighed and looked back to the game, “I guess I need to build something that can actually defend me when time comes. Her eyes glanced back inside her bag as she grinned, “yeah… I know what to do” a good robot can surely defend me from those guys who think with their cocks on their hands.

Who: Nate
Relevant: @LeaT (Penny) @Motoharu (Judy/Mei) @small package @Colonel_Liam (Maxwell & Martin) @apollo247 @MsBloom (Tag) @Letrixia

Having already admired her ass his eyes naturally gravitated towards her breasts as she turned and he looked down on her but before he could form his opinion on her chest he saw the knife. He took a step back "Hey take it easy, I'm on your side." He wasn't really on her side but didn't want to get into an argument with girl holding a knife and looking like she was ready to use it.

He looked around as she talked about making things from scrap. "Well there ain't much scrap around unless you goin' full native." Of course that phrase had him imagining her topless which wasn't as easy with someone dressed like Jodi as opposed to someone like Penny who left little to the imagination. But Nate had a pretty good imagination and even holding the knife his 'Incel' mind was already putting Jodi into the 'I'd fuck her' category, which if he were being honest included most girls. He was smart enough to keep that thought to himself though and not say it out loud. He felt like he was so close now to getting some pussy he didn't want to fuck it up with her playing operation on his joystick.

"Hey I'm with you on the whole breeding thing but I'm not calling the shots. Why not join us at the party? I don't think anyone is going to force you to do anything you don't want to. Not if I have anything to say about it." Nate was pretty much talking out his ass but the knife made him nervous and he didn't always know when to shut up when he was nervous. "You have my word, if you come join the party, no one will touch you." Nate's word wasn't worth all that much but she probably didn't know that.

++++++++++++++++++++

Nate pretty much took an instant dislike to the big guy that called him a stupid kid. But this guy didn't need a knife to keep Nate biting his tongue. He did seem to lighten up as the name calling began to make more sense and a very sexy looking Penny came over to collect her prize or so it seemed. He was trying to remember the big guys name but his mind pretty much abandoned that effort when Penny approached. He liked Tag, yea that was what they called him, even less when he saw Penny's reaction to him and dragged him under the improvised tent they were using. He had heard of 7 minutes but never played it himself. He felt kind of weird listening to them with the others but it did get kind of sexy sounding and he started feeling the need to adjust his shorts without being noticed.

He stayed on the sidelines as the next round began, not wanting to face the humiliation of not having his name called. The only girl he could really talk to here was Mei and she wasn't going to want to be any part of this with him. Though he wouldn't mind it one bit, he couldn't exactly suggest it to her.

Who: Theo Wheeler
Where: The Campfire Site
Relevant: @LeaT (Penny) @Motoharu (Judy/Mei) @small package @Colonel_Liam (Maxwell & Martin) @xavierrol (Nate) @MsBloom (Tag) @Letrixia (Jodi)

Theo grinned when Penny approached him. He returned her hug as his hands were a little lower than they should have been, but he didn't care as much. "Likewise Penny." He whispered. Penny was a real good looking young woman and Theo liked that quite a bit. He also liked that she wasn't afraid to try new things. When Maxwell handed him a bottle he took a sip from it and grinned. "Any sounds perfect to me. He was staying with the brother's family so he of course didn't have a key but that didn't matter to him at all.

He decided to help Tag with the fire and couldn't help but to laugh at his comment. "Oh she's feisty. Look out to anyone who gets her as a breeding partner." He replied back to her. Though lucky for Theo he already had a sexual encounter with Penny a while back before having a family reunion with his sister Jodi. Then the game was created and by the looks of things he was going to enjoy this game, but the question was who to choose first? Though he wondered if his drunk mind agreed with him at all, though only one way to find out.

Beforehand he was bonding with the two brother's and Tag, he did want to spend time with everyone else though as well. When Jodi spoke out he decided to have a talk with her and see what was on her mind. He excused himself from the crowd and smiled at Nate for a moment before turning to Jodi. "Jodi, what's up? Come on sis. Talk to me. I'm your brother." He told her and he wasn't going to allow anything to happen to his little sister and yet he still wanted the program to happen.

Who: Maxwell and Martin
Where: The Singles Party
Relevant: Any Singles

Watching the ball sail out of bounds after Nate hit it, Martin gave the younger man a pat on the back. "It happens. The gravity here is different than on earth after all." Following the group off the court to drink some more and observe what they could of Penny and Tag's session behind the tarp. For his part Maxwell was also keeping time for the "couple" and shouting out as each minute passed along with a few points of 'encouragment' to both parties involved. Martin occasionally joined Maxwell in some jeers and cheers when a particularly interesting noise emerged from the shelter followed by full on whooping when the two's time was up and they emerged red faced, and looking pleased with themselves.

Heading back to the court Martin started things off by shouting "Faith." and starting things with fair enough serve but winked to his brother, a sign that he had something planned.

Who: (Nate) @xavierrol, (Theo) @apollo247

“Do you think I am worrying about people in the party?... nah I am not just a party mood right now. I am more of an introvert if you know what I mean” she sighed looking back at him. He seemed nice but she knew that once this thing started, he would not be thinking with his big head rather than his tiny one. Every guy was the same in her opinion, once the opportunity of a good pussy presented itself in front of them, they would take it without question. If not, she could not explain how a thing like the breeding program was happening. Jodi knew she needed to keep herself invisible so others would not look at her as a potential breeding partner.

It was then when her brother arrived, another person who voted yes to the breeding program. Rolling her eyes, she indeed was mad at him, glad that he was alive of course but still very mad that he agreed with the program. She moved her hair back and sighed, “I thought you would be fucking and impregnating one of the girls by now? I mean now that you agreed to that hell of a program”. Taking out her no longer working tablet she began to take it out the parts to see if she could create something better from parts around the base.

Relevant: @Letrixia

"I'm not much for parties either really maybe we can hang out instead?" He asked but then he saw Theo approaching he thought it best to let them catch up. "Maybe I'll catch up with you in a bit?"

++++++++++++

Relevant: @LeaT (Penny) @Motoharu (Judy/Mei) @small package @Colonel_Liam (Maxwell & Martin) @apollo247 @MsBloom (Tag)

"Yea that must have been it." Nate was glad for Martin's suggestion though Nate hadn't been all that surprised the ball went wild but easier to blame the gravity here than his own lack of hand eye coordination. Martin was at least cool, which for Nate meant wasn't a dick to him, though Theo seemed alright too. Tag and Maxwell, they were another story and Nate was used to seeing guys like them get all the pussy. It just reinforced what he thought about girls in general, they preferred muscular dickheads then sensitive guys like him. They just didn't know any better. Even Theo, he could see how the girls looked at him, though maybe he would have a chance with the sister. But no, probably not. But soon, real soon he hoped, one of these bitches was going to have to spread her legs for him whether she wanted to or not. He was finally going to get laid, it only took a nearly humanity ending disaster to make it happen. This party was just wasting his time anyway. He watched Theo and Jodi, as he retrieved the ball. Maybe he would catch back up with her when Theo returned to the game. He doubted the military guy was going to miss out on such an opportunity with the other girls. Nate pretty much knew no girl was going to call his name and spike it over to him, nor was he likely to even get it over the net. He had little interest in watching everyone else have fun in the dark while he just stood around.

Who: Robot and dr. Smith
Where: Outside Tag's Cabin and inside the Robinson's Jupiter (dr. Smith's 'office suite')
When: June 21st 2046, Late Afternoon

"That was fast." 'Zoe' said to herself in the comfort of her room, while she watched the VR link, basically seeing and hearing through the Robot's sensors. She was also trying to teach the Robot when it was something private, when people 'played', or when there was any real danger of them hurting themselves or each other. The Robot was on its way to learn when to act and when mere observing would suffice... Obviously private moment's wouldn't be accessible to anyone, even if she would be always able to observe, and revisit them in recordings too...

"Robot, take notice how her reactions differ from what she is saying. The elevated heat in those areas and the signs of arousal clearly leads to how she is letting him do it, obviously their adult playing for both of their pleasure." retraining the Robot's protective routines to not barge in and stop anyone from having fun until realdanger was a hard task, but 'Zoe' was having fun. She was already thinking howmuchfunshe could have later, when she started teaching the Robot how to 'help' people 'play'...

The Robot kept lurking around the Cabin, well outside others sight and hearing. While it still had problems with moving steadily or fast, the telepresence suite and full sensors worked just fine.

He thanked Nate, he did feel bad for interrupting their conversation. Theo just wanted to speak with his sister, he hadn't seen much of her in such a long time. Still his eyes darted across the many girls that were here. Jodi looked so mad at him. "We're stuck here Jodi. I'm sorry if I pissed you off." Theo started, though it was clear that Jodi didn't want to be part of the breeding program whatsoever. "You're mad at me for that aren't you? Yes I agreed for the breeding. Yes I won't lie in saying that I wanted to fuck the women here. But that doesn't mean I don't have your have your best interest at heart Jodi. I thought I never was going to see you again." Theo explained as he watched his sister.

Who: (Theo) @apollo247

There she was being more than just a sister again. Scratching her head she knew that she too worried a lot before knowing that he was alright. Standing up she approached him and hugged him tightly. "Yeah I know I was worried too" she sighed and kissed his forehead as she always did before going back to where she was sitting. "I don't care if I get thrown out I am sure I can survive in here. "I managed to sneak inside when they were boarding you know how I am always sneaking around like a good rogue".

Theo will always be her brother, no matter what and he always was going to protect her. He smiled when Jodi hugged him, he returned the hug and hugged her tightly as well. "I know. You'll always be a rogue, even growing up." Their dad was always concerned about Jodi but Theo always thought that she'd find her own way in her own time. "If any of those guys hurt you Jodi. I'll do more than to kick their asses." He grinned. He knew that she would most likely be bred but that didn't mean his little sister wasn't going to be safe. "How about we go back to the party and have some fun?" He asked Jodi with a smile.

Who: Penny Robinson
Where: The Campfire Site - Singles Party
Who: Any Singles ** Opening for @Your Succubu to join the game **

Maxwell's serve was a little tricky but Penny scrambled to return it, calling out "Martin" as she sent it skillfully back over the net though it was another high lob that wouldn't be too difficult to return. She exchanged a jumping 'boob bump' with Faith and looked defiantly at Maxwell with a big smile on her face. She was still a little giddy from her 7 minutes with Tag but was definitely enjoying the game and all the sexual tension contained within the contest.

When: June 18, Early evening

The more Nate hung out with the other young people, the more uncomfortable and annoyed he got. This wasn't a game that spoke to his strengths, he was more of a gamer and other than his thumbs, most of his body wasn't geared towards competitive sports. He kept eyeing up Jodi and Theo and as he saw them exchange hugs and kisses hoped that maybe they were at the end of their sibling chat.

He headed her way just in time to hear Theo suggest she join the party. That would be just his luck but he decided to take a small risk. "If you want, I'm gonna head back to my room and play some video games. You can come if you want, some of my old stuff could probably be repurposed if you know how to wire and hack." A few of his legacy games he had kept just for some team plays he had done with some of the other Resolute kids. Now that they were just a part of the smoldering wreck in space, he didn't need that stuff anymore, it was just a painful reminder of what else had been lost in this trip to a new colony. Something good better come out of it pretty damn soon, he thought to himself.

Maxwell caught his younger brother's wink and grinned. The two of them had pulled similar stunts growing up and he knew the basic drill. Martin wasn't athletic in the same way as Max but he had a good mind for strategy when he wanted to.

Martin saw Penny bounce the ball back to the boys side and seeing Nate wander off to talk with the Wheelers he moved quickly, his lanky form letting him cross the necessary distance easily. Forming one hand into a fist he bounced the ball into a long arc that would carry it to the far side of the court from him, just over the net and called out "Faith!" again.

However just before the ball crossed the threshold Maxwell jumped into the air and spiked the ball to the other end of the girls court. Away from where they would have had to move to get to Martins bounce. Maxwell also changed the name on the chopping block, roaring "Penny!" with a grin on his face.

Who: Penny Robinson
Where: The Campfire Site - Singles Party
Relevant: @Colonel_Liam @MsBloom

Penny thought the O'Donnell boys had a real sweet tooth for the petite red head, taking the pressure off of her, even though she would still play her best to keep the boys from scoring a victory over one of their own. It was all just bragging rights and naughty fun but still it was a contest and Penny didn't like to lose. She did feel a hint of resentment though as Martin called out the other girl's name, thinking maybe he would be her choice for her v-card but maybe she should reconsider. Penny and perhaps the others had shifted for the easy lob only to have Maxwell, taking impressive advantage of the low gravity to call out her name as she watched helplessly as he spiked the ball nearly straight into the ground just inside their court.

She stood there, arms on her hips staring in disbelief as Maxwell grinned at her. Well she had set the rules so she had to live with them. She recalled the encounter with him outside the clinic when he teased her with the idea he had been with Auntie M. He was a slick one, one to be cautious of, but she couldn't deny she had a thrill of arousal at the thought of being at his mercy for 7 minutes. She walked towards the Chariot set up for their bit of privacy, she had less bravado than she had with Tag going into the closet, it was anyone's guess what she might be feeling on her way out. She shot a quick glance at Tag for reassurance, though the last thing she wanted was to see the boys come to blows tonight. She looked nervously at Maxwell as the tarp was lowered down around them.

Celebrating their victory with a hug, Martin whispered in his older brothers ear, "Remember to be a little gentle, I don't think she's as experienced as she pretends." Letting go he went and picked up a bottle, and set himself by the fire with the other players while Maxwell was quick to follow Penny under the tarp, the older O'Donnell boy at least taking some of his brothers advice and giving Penny a smile that at least partially hid his wolfish nature as she looked at him nervously.

Who: Tag
Relevant: @LeaT (Penny) @small package @Colonel_Liam (Maxwell & Martin) @apollo247 @xavierrol (Nate)

Maxwell's play was quite impressive but Tag still felt sorry for his younger brother who had probably hoped to get his seven minutes alone with Kat's hot sister only to have it more or less stolen by his brother. He was at the same not pleased that it was Maxwell who won the play and got to go off with Penny. He knew the girl was hoping to lose her virginity some time during the evening and this was her way of sampling the available single guys to help her decide to whom she would give it. He nodded subtly in response to Penny's glance. He would be there for her should she need him. He didn't trust Maxwell to not try for it during those seven minutes so after the two of them had entered the back of the Jupiter he positioned himself where he could hear every breath of what was going on inside. Perhaps he was being a bit big-brotherly about the whole thing but he wasn't going to let anyone claim Penny's virginity that she didn't offer it to.

Who: Mei
When: June 21st 2046, afternoon
Relevant: @xavierrol Allen

Mei came out of the Robinson's jupiter after her session with dr. Smith, her eyes a litle slow to acclimatise to the bright natural light. Blinking, se searched for her stepfather. She didn't really knewwhy she did that, maybe because they came together from their Jupiter. But Mei was a big girl, no need to havedaddy hold her hand... at least not after she was over the visit to the doc.

She also got a message for him from Dr Smith, which she didn't really understood. Why would they invite someone close to them but not family to a family dinner? And why would it be for two if that someone accepted? Shrugging, Mei checked out the new part of the garden next to the Robinson's Jupiter.

Who: Allen
When: June 21st 2046, early afternoon
Relevant: @ChrisGabriel Mei @Letrixia

Allen was outside looking at the new garden being laid out in the soil. He was thinking about the hybrid seeds he had been working on and this might be a perfect spot to try them out, away from the O'Donnell's earth crops. He would have to talk to whichever of the Robinsons were doing the garden, it looked like they still had work to do.

"All set?" He asked with a smile as Mei came down to find him, he was afraid maybe she wouldn't want to talk to him after how upset she got during her session. He listened to her rather confused message but pieced things together. "Oh, I invited Dr. Smith to join our family for dinner tonight. I was also wondering if you wanted to invite Jodelle? She might be getting lonely out on her own and who knows, Dr. Smith might be able to help her too."

He gave Mei a little time to process. "Do you want to find Jodelle on your own or do you want me to come with you?" He didn't attempt to hold her hand, though he wouldn't refuse it either. "I think we have some time to enjoy the walk together and maybe we will find some interesting new flora or fauna."

Who: Mei
When: June 21st 2046, afternoon
Relevant: @xavierrol Allen @Letrixia Jodelle

Mei looked at her father surpised. "Dr. Smith to family dinner? Why? And isn't Jodi staying with us anyway? I mean, in the Jupiter with us? Oh, you want to get her some help too? I am really not sure if she would bite..." then Mei started thinking about the message "Oh! I see! Dr Smith would be there just for her! If she isn't voming, neither would the doc, and we can have a family only dinner...."

"Yeah, we can take a walk and see if we can find her. It is not like she would be doing anyone, and what other things are out there to do, but work on survival? Even if some of us are partying whenever they could..." Mei replied, and while she didn't took Allen's hand, but neither did the teenager run away from his side.

Wandering around the Jupiters landing areas, they would check out the newly built cabins from the outside too, to finally get home just in time to get ready for dinner. Mei hoped that if they didn't found Jodi, she would at be at least at their Jupiter. Mei didn't even cared if dr. Smith would be notified in time, if only Jodi accepted the invite.

Timeline:
Resolute Launched: March 15, 2046
Resolute Destroyed: June 10, 2046
Surviving Colonists First Meeting: June 17, 2046
Breeding Program Started: June 21st 2046

Who: Megan O'Donnell
Relevant: @Devil in the Details
When: Time: June 10th 2046, Shortly before the destruction of the Resolute:

"You must be David." Megan said with a smile as she extended her hand to greet the young pre-engineering student. "I'm Megan O'Donnell one of the engineers that designed the jupiter landing and habitation ships, I understand you are interested in learning more?" She asked, having responded to David's parents request that their 'brilliant' son get an insiders look at the family sized ships that would bring them to their new colony and act as their initial habitat until they could build more permanent structures.

He seemed like a nice boy, quiet, especially compared to her own boys, especially Maxwell though perhaps it was just because he was only just meeting her and she was old enough to be his mom. Megan used her family's jupiter as the tour model but they were venturing much deeper into some of the cramped mechanical spaces than the usual living areas of the ship.

"What was that?" She asked as the first of many explosions was barely audible but could be felt in a way that few but someone like Megan might notice, it just didn't feel right. "Again." She said, moments before alarms started going off. She pushed him bodily back towards the hatch that would take them to the cockpit, the nerve center of the jupiter and its connection to the much larger Resolute. The explosions became louder and the shock waves nearly enough to knock someone off their feet, the alarms called to 'abandon ship' which meant everyone was supposed to return to their own jupiter to act as a life boat in what was considered quite unlikely in their pre-boarding instructions back in March.

"What's your jupiter number?" She asked him, each of the ships having a unique number. "I'm going to tell your parents you are evacuating with us so they don't wait for you. Strap yourself in." She pointed to one of the seats as she began to make a head count of her own family. Once everyone was on board, there was a brief moment of terrifying weightlessness as they detached from the steadily spinning Resolute which gave the sensation of gravity, and then another shock wave as the smaller ship was blown clear of the exploding mother ship.

All the adults were pretty busy after that, at least until they landed. It was then that Megan had to be the one to tell David that she didn't think his parents had survived. She hugged him like one of her own and assured him they would take care of him and let him cry if he wanted to, either on her shoulder or alone.

#######################

June 20th after Breakfast

"David we need to talk." Megan had pulled their young guest aside to tell him about the decision the adults of the surviving colony members had made regarding perpetuating the human species. "You may have already heard about this but I felt you deserved to be told directly and be able to ask questions. You're old enough to understand about families and genetics and, well viable populations. Unfortunately, 15 or so people in mainly three families isn't enough to be naturally sustainable with everyone just choosing their own spouse like we normally would back on earth or even in the new colony. We need to do it a little different and, tomorrow you are going to be paired with a woman and you and she are going to..." Megan's pale face blushed red as she got to the details of it all. "...well, the two of you are going to have sex until she gets pregnant. I'm sure you understand how that all works." She said this last part about as fast as she was able to articulate, sounding a bit like she was reading the fine print on a radio commercial. She took a deep breath, inadvertently accentuating her motherly breasts before she more slowly asked. "Do you have any questions?"

Who: David Roth
Relevant: @LeaT
When: Time: June 10th 2046, Shortly before the destruction of the Resolute:

"You must be David." The pretty older woman said with a smile as she extended her hand. David hated initial contact. The small talk, the awkward getting to know you stuff. He just sucked at all of it and never knew what to say about himself. Ms. O'Donnell introduced herself as one of the engineers that designed the Jupiter landing and habitation ships. That was exciting to him as that kind of Engineering was where art and hard science seemed to collide. Nodding his head, with a boyish modesty he answered, "Yes." The idea of learning how the ship was constructed and designed was thrilling to David, as well as how the ship worked and its various systems.

Walking through the ship, especially the more nut's and bolts areas, what his father would have called the guts of the ship, David took it all in without saying a lot. He considered everything she was telling him but a part of him couldn't help but think how he might draw some of the areas that had interesting looks. Since he was young, David had been lucky enough to have an eye for composition.

Then she suddenly went stiff. David hadn't noticed whatever had taken all of the color out of her face. Then the alarms started going off and the rest was chaos. The next thing he knew he was in the cockpit with Ms. O'Donnell. Quickly getting into a seat just to be safe, he could now feel the explosions, the concussion hitting him hard enough that he was glad that he was sitting. It was like an out of body experience, his chest felt hollow and his stomach felt like it had a brick in it. Nothing bad was supposed to happen and yet...

"What's your jupiter number?" She asked him and in that moment he honestly couldn't remember what the number was. It seemed ridiculous that he couldn't remember the number, he'd only been drilled on that number a thousand times. There was no reason for him to forget it in that moment and he felt embarrassed.

"I-I don't..." He started to say, his mouth feeling dry and his voice seeming far away.

She told him that she was going to notify his parents that he would be evacuating with them and all David could manage was to nod his head and move to the chair she had indicated. The last thing he wanted to do was get in the way when something as serious as a call to abandon ship was going on. As he strapped in, David's fingers seemed to fumble and shake. So few thoughts were going through his head beyond the need to do what he was told. Once he was secured to the seat and there was nothing to do but wait, that was when the real fear hit him. Would he see his parents again? Would he survive all of this? David closed his eye tight and tried to control his breathing. Focusing on that rather than the crazy situation they were in.

Then there was a feeling of weightlessness and he nearly puked from both fear as well as the sensation but it was nothing compared to when the shockwave hit them. A yelp escaped him and in the moment he wasn't at all worried about being judged. He had been clinging to the the straps holding him to the chair so tightly that his hands were starting to hurt. David knew he should ease his grip or risk cutting his hands but couldn't will himself to do it.

Everything after that was a blur as the adults did what they could to land the ship. It was only when the ship touched down and the engines were powering down that David seemed to breath for the first time since everything had happened. He had slowly unbuckled himself from the harness and then had felt aimless and unsure of what to do next. That was when Ms. O'Donnell told him that his parents very likely didn't make it. So few had, sadly. There was no shame when he clung to her and sobbed his eyes out.

#######################

That morning David had been trying to decide how he was going to fix a sketch he had gotten wet. Perhaps placing the paper between two rather heavy objects would take the wrinkles out and he could save the simple drawing. It had been of his new family and he had hoped to give it to them as a thank you gift. While he could recreated the piece, the idea of starting over from scratch especially when his art supplies were rather limited did not appeal to him.

Ms. O'Donnell came in and he greeted her with a smile.

What came next was more than a little shocking. She explained the plan and that he would be paired with someone for the purpose of breeding. There weren't words to describe how David felt in that moment. It seemed crazy to think that at any point in his life an adult would approach him and tell him that he needed to impregnate someone. David's jaw was on the floor and he barely heard the rest of what she said.

Girls were not his strong suit. It wasn't that he thought he was ugly or had nothing to offer them, it was just that girls his age usually were caught up in popularity contests and he had never won anything like that. A social butterfly, he was not. The idea that he would suddenly be in the room with a girl who would expect him to...oh wow...

"Do you have any questions?" He suddenly heard her ask and he snapped out of it.

"Only a thousand." He said, confusion plain on his face. "I mean...mechanically speaking I don't have any questions, it's that...I mean, do I get to, that is...With who?" There wasn't but maybe two or three girls his age that he could think of but there were a few other boys in the group. Surely she wasn't implying that he would be paired with an adult?

Megan's heart went out to the young orphan, she had her own anxieties about the whole situation and how she and her family would cope with it. "I promised to treat you like one of my own and that is still true David. My own boys are in the same program, though I think they are looking forward to it a little too much." She gave a nervous laugh as again her face flushed red. David was much quieter, more like her husband had been when they first met not many years older than David was now. She would have liked him back then, he was a sweet boy and his innocence made her feel good, her own brood leaning a bit towards hellion. "It is ok to be nervous, it is ok to enjoy it just a bit. It can be a wonderful thing." She said, reminiscing about her own pregnancies though on much different terms than what she now faced.

"I bet." She said with a relaxing giggle as he said he had a thousand questions. "I'll do my best, or if I need to get Marcus, if that would make you more comfortable. We also have a counselor if you think you need it." She thought about Dr. Smith and hoped she was up to all the counseling that was likely to be needed over the next few years and months. Megan had never needed that kind of thing but she could already feel herself being pushed towards the limits of her coping mechanisms. "I'm glad I don't have to tell you the mechanics, but there is more to it than that of course, the emotional element. But even that is kind of new territory for us all. We aren't...mating...with a loved one, the way it should be." She sighed, not wanting to bring up her own despair in the face of David's uncertainty.

He had of course hit upon the question they all faced, who. While she did her best to treat David like one of her own boys in this regard, she couldn't avoid the fact that unlike her boys, they could find themselves paired, if not this time, at some point. "Well we won't know that until tomorrow. For you, it could be any of the females." She took another deep breath. "It could even be me." She said, pausing and swallowing as that thought was shared between them. "Odds are it won't be me, I don't think it is quite random, but we don't know." She laid her hand over his, it was warm and soft. "But whoever it is, will be very lucky to be paired with you." She said as sincerely as she could manage, she meant it, she could certainly do worse than this polite young man.

Who: David Roth
Relevant: @LeaT

David fidgeted with a piece of charcoal he'd been using in his art as she explained that her sons would be in the program. That seemed obvious to David who figured that if they were asking him to participate then they had likely already approached the others. Blushing a bit, he nodded when she said that he was allowed to enjoy it. If only she understood that he was more than happy to have sex. What guy his age didn't want that? It was just the fact that it all seemed so clinical and to make matters worse he was going to lose his virginity before he ever had a girlfriend. What sense did that make? It was just another oddity that had been thrust upon him in the wake of the disaster.

Then she threw a curve ball at him that he hadn't been prepared for at all. There was a chance, any chance at all, that he might be paired with her? There was that hit to the pit of his stomach and his heart started racing. The blush on his face only got deeper as he considered the possibility of having to have sex with Ms. O'Donnell...er...Megan. Admittedly, he had never looked at Megan in that way. She had just been another adult at first and had quickly become his surrogate mother. A slight erection started to form in his pants which made him feel even more awkward as he casually tried to conceal the physical reaction he had.

"Thanks. Who chooses? Is it the computer? An algorithm?" David asked, trying to distract himself with breaking down how he might put together a random pairing generator. A part of him was glad that medical reasons wouldn't be used for the pairings. Straight forward eugenics wasn't a great way to start a colony.

Unbeknownst to Megan, as they talked about the possibility of them being paired together, her nipples had hardened enough to become visible through her bra and the thin t-shirt that she often wore while working around the jupiter. She was aroused as well at the idea of having sex with David.

It was easily the most awkward conversation Megan had ever participated in. Her own boys had almost nothing they wanted to learn from their mother regarding sex and their only real question about the breeding program was when could they start. They might have opened up more to their father but Megan knew David was closest to her. She looked about in an attempt to not have to make eye contact and her eyes fell upon the picture of her family that he was trying to save. "Wow, that's really good." She exclaimed, happy to have something different to talk about even if it was just a short distraction.

She returned the picture to the table and settled herself to answer his next question about who chooses. "Well I don't know exactly what all goes into it, as unflattering as it sounds, I know they borrowed some animal husbandry books from Marcus." She said with a nervous laugh. "You understand the problem isn't now, it is 2, 3, or 4 generations from now. If we aren't careful, everyone will be too closely related to everyone else. So we need both numbers and genetic diversity." She looked into his eyes for a moment, a little perturbed at her own arousal at such talk even though she tried to keep it kind of clinical. "To get the quick numbers, I think they will be pairing older women like me with younger guys who you know, usually have higher sperm counts." Her face went nearly crimson at that last bit, she squirmed in her seat a little as she tried to compose herself. "Where older men like Marcus, will likely be..." Her eyes glistened a bit with emotion. "...paired with younger, more fertile girls." She blinked her tears away. "But eventually, you will likely be paired with every woman and girl here, including me." She said finally, saying what was probably becoming obvious to them both as they talked. "Anyway, tomorrow morning you will know, we will all know. So just do what you have to do." It was clearly emotionally difficult for Megan but she did sit patiently, not wanting him to face the next day with too much worry or concern.

Back
Top Bottom