Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

I'm good to continue as is, I'm not opposed to shaking things up a bit but I don't have specific ideas.

I must confess that I have lost part of the plot and the timelines. I also feel like I should apologise for having pushed the gay coupling without actually acting on getting things started between Tag and Axel. I still do crave that interaction though and would love to get it started. But ... like I told Lea in pm I haven't really been feeling all that inspired lately, and that goes for all the plays I am involved in on here not just this one. I think the reason for this is that everything here has seemed to move at a very slow pace over the summer, which is perhaps quite understandable since people might actually have other things to do in summer than sit in front of a computer, and that's good (I suppose) but it has meant (at least for me) that I've lost the continuity and flow of the play and I think that might actually be true for others here as well. It also feels like we are somehow stuck in a non-progressive narrative loop.

My suggestion is that we first do a time skip to a few months later when most of the females are pregnant and focus on some worldbuilding for a while before skipping ahead to the next generation growing into their late teens and maybe there is some sort of initiation rite for them to enter the breeding program through.

Thank you all for your input.

There is really no need for us to abandon any current threads that still have interest.

@MsBloom has always been my co-host in this idea and I am so glad for the wonderful suggestions. I like both, a near future and second generation.

The Near Future would be limited to characters already in the game and hopefully sparks some renewed interest among us. I don't see why we can't just have that discussion here in this thread.

The Next Generation would be open to new players with a fairly fresh start, though there may be a few 'elders' still active. Maybe give that idea some time out in the "interest' thread as it would be an opportunity for new players to join without trying to catch up. What do you all think about 20 years ahead? That would allow some established characters and a fairly steady stream of new players just aging into the program without having to create scenarios for them that disrupt the flow of the overall narrative.

I have no intention of abandoning any storyline any of my characters are currently involved in (and I would also like to play a gay scene between Tag and Axel)

A second generation would of course also require the creation of new characters which I believe might serve to reignite the play.

Maybe give that idea some time out in the "interest' thread as it would be an opportunity for new players to join without trying to catch up.
If you put the idea of L.i.S: The Next Generation (reference very much intended) up now and let it sit there while we play out everyone getting pregnant and possibly even a birth or two then it will not only give the latest players to join our play time to get into the swing of things but also new players to show interest and new characters to be discussed, like who gets pregnant by whom and such.

What do you all think about 20 years ahead?
I'm thinking more like maybe 16-17 years ahead which would when the first off-world generation would come of age to join the breeding program, it could of course be 20 years as well since some of the mothers would have had more than one child by more than one father.

without having to create scenarios for them that disrupt the flow of the overall narrative.
This might have been one reason the play slowed down almost to a halt, too many new players and characters that never really stuck with it.

I like the idea of posting interest for a "Next Gen" while finishing up the OS here.

The REAL question is if we go to Deep Space 10 for the next grouping.

On board with everyone there and have no objections to writing that scene with Tag, Ms. Bloom!

I'm ok with whatever everyone wants. Just let me know when you would like Judy to let everyone know if they are pregnant or not for this breeding process.

Now these children from this process, will they be played by us or new players?

Now these children from this process, will they be played by us or new players?

I can see either of us taking on new characters and let some of our current ones take a more backseat sort of role.

I am also thinking that as we move forward we could also try to play out the current adults (and their teenagers) trying to set up some basic form of government, that isn't simply relating to breeding but actually trying to build a society.

Another thing. Since the idea of the breeding program was that each female after having born the child of their first breeding partner then switched breeding partner until they were no longer fertile I think that if we time skip a generation then some of the younger females of the original survivors (like Penny, Mei, Ivy, Kat) would have quite a handful of children, something like maybe five or even six, all with different fathers and of different ages from 18/20 to anywhere between 2/3 to newly born babies.

All four Jupiters would be gone, scavenged for parts to build an actual village, perhaps even two, one at their current location and one closer to the lake.

Yet another thing to consider is how we set up the living arrangements for the firstborn generation. Do we keep some semblance of family structure or have the mothers living with their children and the males living on their own. Or do we set the children up in some kind of communal home/boarding school where they are cared for by a select group from the colony, say Dr Smith, Judy, maybe Kat and Maitland (just to throw a few names in off the top of my head).

I'm enjoying the discussion. I hope their society isn't all that neat. I never really thought the breeding rules would hold that long without it turning a bit more primitive over time. While I still enjoy the current state of the RP, it is moving so slowly as far as game days that it is hard to sense any real change. But I could easily see some character's splintering off where there is some competition between groups for resources, including breed stock especially so many years down the road.

One of the reasons I was leaning 20 years or so was to give more than a child each to the bred females. Also some writers don't like to play underage characters or even teens, so that would give them an option.

I hadn't really thought so much about parent/child relationships but that is a great point. I think I would avoid playing one of my character's kids as I'd want to be more independent and have another writer be the parent and vice versa. But to each their own in that respect.

It might give me a chance to play a bit more feral and use my Amazon NSFW faceclaim from my request thread. I love the idea of having grown up free to hunt as well as any boy and then start to realize she is meant to be bred.

I'll try to get the interest thread up in the next day or two. I'm looking forward to this, it has just been a hectic week so far. I'm definitely following along. Thank you everyone for your ideas.

I potentially like the idea of different characters splitting off into different small but still connected communities. Like Marcus might lead off a more survivalist faction towards the lake, while the more tech savvy Maxwell tries to maintain a slightly more industrial society using the cannibalized Jupiters.

I'll be okay with whatever everyone else decides on. To be honest, I know I'm one of the hold ups within the rp. I don't reply that fast, and it makes the rp lag. So if it would make things move easier for everyone else, the "old timers' within the rp and the new blood that may come in, then I could easily fade my characters into the background.

If we're having people fade out for being slow, then I would be the first to go. My own selfish vote would be for both of us to stay.

I'll be okay with whatever everyone else decides on. To be honest, I know I'm one of the hold ups within the rp. I don't reply that fast, and it makes the rp lag. So if it would make things move easier for everyone else, the "old timers' within the rp and the new blood that may come in, then I could easily fade my characters into the background.
Actually I think you have been very consistent and if you have the time, I'd love to see you at least stick with what you have going, but also would welcome you to expend with us if you like. You bring a lot to the overall game and I don't mind waiting a little while for your responses, I do look forward to them.

My comment about moving slowly is that we have been playing for months real time but are only a few days in on game time. While I think that has been great in living out various moments and scenes, it does make for a somewhat static sense of things. More problematic has been the characters that have signed up then just didn't write at all or left partway through. It is the nature of these things, but I think we will be better prepared to deal with it moving forward.

I don't think anyone NEEDS to make new characters to stay in the original thread. I think most of us intend to keep writing those characters, we will just have some new options. I'm assuming the 'Next Generation' will be a mix of some (if not all) original writers with some new ones mixed in.

I'm not great at writing introductions to new ideas. Any suggestions on the following as a request thread for the Next Generation?

Lost in Space: The Next Generation (Kink, Taboo, and LGBTQ+ friendly) World Building Now - Starting Soon

Twenty years ago, an attempt to save the human race from extinction on a dying Earth went horribly wrong. Of the 75 families selected to seed a new colony, only 4 survived. Desperate not only for their own survival but for that of their species, they embarked upon a forced breeding program to diversify the genetic make up of their all too fragile colony. Now a new generation of colonists, children of those initial survivors are coming of age. Will they continue with the same dedication to survival, or will they choose a new path for themselves? Did such narrow genetics and the temptations to push science too far, too fast change the species?

This will be an expansion and partial reboot of our ongoing Lost in Space Group played out here on Bluemoon. We are in the world building stage to answer some of those questions above and invite you to join and find a place in our new world we shall build together. Please introduce yourself here and we shall invite you to the OOC discussion.

Last edited:
Looks good.

Now what I am curious about is how we decide who gets pregnant by whom. There are very few absolutely obvious cases to be honest. Now feel free to correct me if I've managed to get anything mixed up but ...

Penny might be pregnant by Tag as well as by Maxwell.
Kat by Theo as well as her husband (they did after all have unprotected sex in direct protest against the program very early on, just after the first colony meeting.)
Judy by Allen as well as Nate, and I wonder if she didn't have one other partner as well in the beginning but perhaps that was Allen as well.
Tiffany by Tag And Theo (and what if there is a possibility she (like her mother in law) already was pregnant by her husband when the Resolute crashed.)
Megan by Tag s well as by David.

As far as the Moltke females I must confess I am unsure except of course in the case of Greta whom I assume is pregnant by her husband.

I'm certain that The Robinson couple are reasonably certain whose child they will give birth to.
Mei is still a virgin (at least in the traditional definition of the word (as in not having been vaginally penetrated by a male).

Ivy as far as I've gathered has small stash of bc pills and I do seem to remember Maitland having mentioned something along the lines as well.
This also raises a question regarding whether or not this will be discovered and if so what their punishment for it will be.

As far as pairings, we can easily say that in 20 odd years whoever wants to be the child of any two is easy enough to wrangle, even if it didn't happen "on screen."

As for the birth control, that’s an interesting question.

Maybe it's a source of the society split if we decide to go in that direction.

It might seem easy to wrangle but keep in mind that to keep the new generation of legal age they all have to be born within the first three years of the colony and that doesn't actually leave much wiggle room. Three children per female at the very most by three different fathers that are unrelated to their partner as well as to any other official partner they've been assigned. For example: Joan Robinson, initially paired to breed with Martin O'Donnell, this means that neither Maxwell nor Marcus is viable fathers for her second or third child. (Technically third and fourth but in context of the breeding program it would be second/third.) Maureen having her first in program child by Nate means that Allen is out of the question for her second/third. Should then Megan be paired with Allen or Nate for her second breeding that excludes the other for her third. Add the related Moltke males into that equation and it soon gets rather complex.

And speaking of Moltke males @LeaT is it just an oversight that Tiffany has been paired with her husband for breeding?

Time wise that makes sense, though I hadn't realized that Joan would then be off limits to Maxwell or Marcus, or any such similar situation.

Does it make sense for each female character to choose 2-3 male characters have reproduced with and the have character slots based on that? We could of course have instances with twins and the like.

It might also make sense to increase the tim jump by at least a few years, say 25 to increase the number "slots" and to not have all the new charactes be 18-20 for a little variety.

off limits to Maxwell or Marcus, or any such similar situation.

It makes sense though right since Martin is Marcus's son and Maxwell's brother which would make any child either of the two had with Joan after she bore Martin's either cousin or an actual sibling of Joan's first child of the breeding program and it was to avoid such blood relations that the program was put in place.

Back
Top Bottom