Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

I'm going to get the "Next Generation" thread going so we have everything in one place before we get too far. I think there is some great discussion going on here, so I'll have that going as soon as I can here.

For what it is worth, I felt like we would have people decide what sort of character they want to play and sort of 'reverse family tree' them to figure out whose kids they might be. Another option might be to take the time skip quite a bit further, like 100 years, so the original characters are almost more legend but the details are kind of fuzzy. These are just ideas on my end, not settled decisions by any stretch.

it might come up from such a limited stock

It is exactly the limited stock that makes it impossible actually, especially considering the couplings of future generations. Say Joan has a son by Martin and a daughter by Marcus (they would then be half-siblings) then consider that Maxwell has a don by say Kat and a daughter by let's say Ivy, those four children would be siblings and cousins thus, now if Marcus then also has two more children by I dunno, Mei and Maitland. You have even more half-siblings/cousins. (and that is without either of the three having a child by the same female. Take that to a situation where for instance Maxwell is assigned to breed Joan after Martin and after him Marcus is assigned to breed Joan. Those three children would all be cousins and siblings. It would kind of be like putting all your eggs in, then add in that if the three of them would then succeed each other in breeding Penny (Joan's biological daughter) as well ... then there would be 6 children from the same basic gene pool.

Even the pre-existing situation with Penny and Judy technically being cousins (with Maureen's brother being Penny's biological father and Joan's brother Judy's biological father) is in itself enough to complicate things.

It is exactly the limited stock that makes it impossible actually, especially considering the couplings of future generations. Say Joan has a son by Martin and a daughter by Marcus (they would then be half-siblings) then consider that Maxwell has a don by say Kat and a daughter by let's say Ivy, those four children would be siblings and cousins thus, now if Marcus then also has two more children by I dunno, Mei and Maitland. You have even more half-siblings/cousins. (and that is without either of the three having a child by the same female. Take that to a situation where for instance Maxwell is assigned to breed Joan after Martin and after him Marcus is assigned to breed Joan. Those three children would all be cousins and siblings. It would kind of be like putting all your eggs in, then add in that if the three of them would then succeed each other in breeding Penny (Joan's biological daughter) as well ... then there would be 6 children from the same basic gene pool.

Even the pre-existing situation with Penny and Judy technically being cousins (with Maureen's brother being Penny's biological father and Joan's brother Judy's biological father) is in itself enough to complicate things.
I will cede to someone who has clearly thought this through much more than I have. I let my kinks blind me....

Next generation is gonna be an entirely new scenario correct

Not entirely new. Most of the existing characters will still be involved but the colony will have a more firm social structure as well as perhaps a break away group or two but on some level it will be like a reboot, or season 2 if you prefer.

I have answered some questions in the "Next Generation" OOC thread. Please try to move discussion of the new group to that OOC. Thank you.

For the original Lost in Space players, I want to remind everyone that the intention is to keep the original game going.

Any suggestions for moving things along or should we just let things go at their own pace?

For the original Lost in Space players, I want to remind everyone that the intention is to keep the original game going.

Any suggestions for moving things along or should we just let things go at their own pace?
I think in general letting people go at their own pace is good, but also being able to be a little more flexible with time jumps any open up other possibillities.

I will add from a selfish point of view, that one thing I was anticipating happening at some point was the female characters as they began showing, though I understand that's not everyone's cup of tea.

I will add from a selfish point of view, that one thing I was anticipating happening at some point was the female characters as they began showing, though I understand that's not everyone's cup of tea.
I'm in for that, definitely.

I promise that I am not abandoning my story lines here. It has just been a hectic couple of weeks. Once I get the Next Gen. group going I'll be refocusing here, hopefully this weekend. Please be patient.

@MsBloom @Colonel_Liam

I'm bumping our OOC thread since we are dabbling once more with our original group story. Three is a group after all so glad to be dusting off some characters and having some fun.

I'm not planning to actively promote this but I wouldn't turn down any previous or new characters if there is further interest.

I was just teasing, but just like non-pregnant women and sex, the experience of pregnancy varies. I'm happy to share experiences but I don't plan on critiquing the authenticity of anyone's descriptions.

I revised my last post, highlighting the changed portion for clarity. Leaving Joan and other's presence a bit more open ended.

Back
Top Bottom