Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

Well my plan is a kinda manipulative Therapist who I will try and make a bit of a villain for the RP.

Welcome @SMG9000 .

I fully support the inclusion of a genderfluid character and it will be a good thing to have an active Dr Smith again. Hopefully this time one that makes more sense in explaining their plans for the part they play in the colony, no matter how devious or evil those plans might be.

I am thinking of playing him as a kind of sci-fi Hugo Strange/Ivchenko. So everyone knows I have barely watched Lost in Space. So my Dr Smith won't be anything close to the original

Things to keep in mind is the setting is the year 2046, so not horribly distant future and fairly realistic. No superpowers and advanced high tech cyborg implants. Each jupiter can have a robot of a sort of Boston Dynamics level of sophistication. It is reasonable that there are some weapons, Theo and Erik probably having access to the most firepower being military types but handguns or rifles wouldn't be out of the question.

The Resolute was a last ditch somewhat desperate attempt to seed a human colony, so there aren't other 'starships' ready to come find them. It will be years before they even begin to realize they didn't make it.

Unless we make other arrangements, Dr. Smith and Lexi would largely be 'come as you are' type of survivors, only coincidentally saved from the Resolute as they were with the Robinsons at the time of the disaster. Most likely based on a meeting with Dr. Judy Robinson @AndNich123 over mental health/health care type stuff is at least my working plan.

Welcome to the group. I absolutely love this idea and can’t wait to see what the new Doctor Smith does.l with the group and his schemes. Looking forward to it.

I think they look good, if you make changes you might just post here to let us know you updated them.

As for bringing the rest of the group together, here are some ideas below. I'm open to others so please feel free to discuss alternatives and we have a bit of time as we are still getting the newcomers settled into the larger group.

Having Lexi pose as Mrs. Smith is an interesting twist, though it does not ensure them paired for breeding. The group has already split up all the other spouses, in the Stevensen's case despite the fact they didn't have children between them. One thought might be for Dr. Smith to declare that Lexi is infertile, which would buy them some time in keeping Lexi's true gender hidden. That would create the situation where perhaps Mei @MsBloom is going to Lexi @SMG9000 for counseling with the somewhat awkward goal of convincing her to breed with Dr. Smith her pretend husband. (Being asexual, Dr. Smith may be in no hurry for that to take place, but that is up to you).

Next up for pairings is Tiffany who I'm thinking due to the trauma of losing her husband is exempted from the breeding program and is also in counseling. With the miraculous reappearance of her husband, it is impossible to not pair them for breeding but of course she may already be carrying another man's child. So they get to work through the guilt and suspicions of what has been going on in the past week.

Keeping non family members from breeding leaves the opportunity of an extra Moltke daughter. My thought is to have the twins Elsa @Shelob and Svenja @dreamer both paired with the same man, probably Sani @xavierrol (I know this is a hardship for you) since their children will be so genetically similar anyway (at least that is the rationale).

That leaves Erik @Devil in the Details without a partner along with his already pregnant wife Greta @AndNich123 , neither of whom are forced into the breeding program. Perhaps creating a bit of conflict for Dr. Smith to exploit. It may also create a bit of pressure to challenge the idea of Lexi so conveniently being infertile.

Another point to consider is that Psychiatrists are MD's as well so despite not having much experience on the medical side of things, Dr. Smith could be challenging Dr. Judy on her medical authority.

I know there is a lot to consider here, but I think it is deliciously fun to play out and see how it gets sorted.

Yeah I like the idea of Dr. Smith declaring that Lexi is infertile and using that to try to help manipulate people. I could see him of using Lexi to convince people to sleep with Dr. Smith to try and sow chaos between that couple and family. I think Dr. Smith, is less interested in sex for pleasure and more interest in using it as way to help further his goals and manipulate people. Now I don't have a grand plan for Dr. Smith yet. That is a thing I am still working on.

@SMG9000 we originally started this story with a meeting of the adults where the breeding program was first introduced. It gave everyone a chance to react to it in one way or another and then we started splitting off into scenes between various individuals. I suggest we start with a scene at the Robinsons jupiter immediately after that meeting broke up. As Dr. Smith and Lexi would be living with the Robinsons in their pilot's cabin on the Upper Deck. I could see Dr. Smith not wanting to discuss his wife's infertility in the larger group but with Dr. Judy Robinson @AndNich123 Maureen Robinson @LeaT and Joan @MsBloom we could play out how they end up being set up as they are.

How does that sound as an introductory scene for your two? Keep it at least kind of manageable but will let you play out a scene and get a feel for them.

That sounds like a good scene to introducte the characters. I will need a few posts and scenes to get a good feel how I want to play Dr. Smith since he is a little different then anything I have played before. Also going to be calling 'lexi' Alexandria instead of Alexander for a full name.

As I'm following up it looks like Judy left quickly at the end of the meeting so we can probably omit her @AndNich123 unless you especially want to be part of it, we can leave Judy out of it. I realize you weren't playing Judy at this stage so that might work all the better. But let me know if you prefer to be included.

Keeping non family members from breeding leaves the opportunity of an extra Moltke daughter. My thought is to have the twins Elsa @Shelob and Svenja @dreamer both paired with the same man, probably Sani @xavierrol (I know this is a hardship for you) since their children will be so genetically similar anyway (at least that is the rationale).
@Shelob and @dreamer It seems Elsa and Svenja are listed as Fraternal twins, how would you feel about having them be identical? I realize they aren't identical anymore but they seem close enough if we aren't being real critical. Given the influence of genetics on our story, it gives it a bit of a twist. Not by any means essential though so suit yourselves.

A couple of gentle nudges to keep a couple of scenes moving so we can consolidate everyone into the same scenes.

Moltke Jupiter @Shelob @dreamer @Devil in the Details @xavierrol

Stevensen's Chariot @AndNich123 @Devil in the Details @MsBloom @apollo247

If you decide you want to time skip, that is fine but I don't want to cut any of you off if you are still wanting to play out more of the scene. They seem to be going well, just a bit stalled. I'm only pointing these out as they do tend to keep the groups apart until played out.

**Nag mode off**

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. Lots of exciting things going on on our favorite space rock, we should really name it at some point.

Once we get the groups together, I think we can start thinking more about plot, intrigue, and pregnancies. We have a real strong group of writers now, so hopefully we can keep a bit of momentum without overwhelming anyone.

As always, just let me know if there are any issues.

Before I reply to the chariot thread, I wanted to see what @MsBloom @apollo247 and @AndNich123 wanted to do with that. How much further do we want to go with that before we have them arrive at the colony? I think the big question is will Kat and/or Theo spill the beans on the breeding program? I'm thinking not based on how it's gone so far. If not did we want to just go ahead and skip to the arrival?

Theo is currently torn up with spilling the beans so to speak about the breeding program. On one hand he respects Erik quite a bit and on the other there's the colony's rules and explanation would better serve with the Robinson's. Well in his mind at least. I'm happy to continue the conversation but we probably should move the story onto the main IC thread sooner rather than later.

Kat would rather have Judy or Dr Smith spill those beans than having to put that burden on the Moltkes, on top of everything else they've been going through that night. We can easily skip to their arrival at the colony as far as I am concerned.

With the Moltke's arriving, we should have Allen and Dr. Judy @AndNich123 arriving together from the Stevensen Jupiter. Unless maybe Dr. Smith @SMG9000 is tasked with the initial exam?

If Dr. Smith shies away from trauma or obstetrics, Allen will likely step in to do the ultrasound on the Greta while Dr. Judy takes care of the unconscious Axel @dreamer

And with the two of them arriving at the Robinsons' Jupiter together is how Kat finds out they've slept together. I have hinted in one post that they arrive early in the morning.

I posted the continuation in Judy's clinic as it seemed most appropriate. I can move it if we feel it should be somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom