Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

I'm good too thank you!

I added a "Top Post" thread mark to all 3 threads, and you might notice the top post has links to the others for your viewing convenience.

I'm new to thread marks but it looks like I can add them anywhere significant. Maybe like chapters if needed as the story progresses.

We are off to a good start, please let me know if you have questions or suggestions.

@Amante Got them, very nice, thank you!

@ChrisGabriel Can you give me an age for June/Zoe? I also updated her name with an alias so it is more clear her real name is June Harris and she has assumed the name of the real Dr. Smith who perished in the destruction of the Resolute.
She had a 34 year old sister in the movie, but the actress was 50 years old... So I think we can put her age down to 40.

Loving how the kids all seem to have some kind of issues with their parents. And Mei's comment to Penny was easily the best so far. Should make for an interesting dynamic between Mei and Kat indeed.

What a mischievous little group of teens we have. I get the feeling Jodi is going to be a terribly fun influence on them!

Loving it so far, those kids are going to get into some sort of trouble aren't they lol

I think a point of clarity might be in order as we have a few divergent views of recent events. Most should settle themselves out but I think we need to be clear about the destruction of the Resolute.

I alluded to it in the intro but should have been more plain I think. For the purpose of our story, the Resolute was destroyed, there is no hope of rescue, perhaps ever. I know the Netflix story was a bit different, but there is no way they would settle into this plan if there was a chance of rescue in the coming days weeks or even a handful of years. It basically took humanity 20 or more years to build the resolute, a duplicate might be quicker but the earth's resources are being depleted, this was a last ditch effort.

I think we have a great group and a great start. Thank you all.

Looking forward to Theo finding out that Jodi is with them lol, that's going to be an intresting encounter. Sounds good LeaT. With the Resolute destroyed would make a lot of sense now.

I think a point of clarity might be in order as we have a few divergent views of recent events. Most should settle themselves out but I think we need to be clear about the destruction of the Resolute.

I alluded to it in the intro but should have been more plain I think. For the purpose of our story, the Resolute was destroyed, there is no hope of rescue, perhaps ever. I know the Netflix story was a bit different, but there is no way they would settle into this plan if there was a chance of rescue in the coming days weeks or even a handful of years. It basically took humanity 20 or more years to build the resolute, a duplicate might be quicker but the earth's resources are being depleted, this was a last ditch effort.

I think we have a great group and a great start. Thank you all.
Roger that.

lol that's going to be a shock, looking forward to her sneaking inside for the meeting.

@Amante I think there is some confusion with your latest post. I am not playing Penny that's @LeaT .

Also. I am posting what I've written now because I have to be off for a few hours, or more. If I've missed responding to anything I will post again when I'm back home.

Oh shoot thanks for the reminder @MsBloom

Trying to remember who all’s playing who is giving me a run for my money haha

Never underestimate the value of a well timed nudge.

I do think this will get unwieldy in a single thread, we are only split in two groups right now and I find it a challenge. I'm thinking to request a sub-foum where we can make our own child threads, probably organized by location such as each family's Jupiters, the lake, the forest, etc. or some other method. Anyone think there is a down side to that? Below is a link to an example, I see some familiar names in there so maybe some of you can share your experience with it.

You’re the one organizing, so whatever you think is best/easiest for you.

Let me know if you want any help!

I put in the request, we shall see what happens. If they let us create sub-threads I plan to divide by location unless others have a better idea.

I'm going to add height and maybe weight to my character profiles and encourage the rest of you to consider the same.. I find myself assuming some sizes but it would be nice to have a basic idea as we hopefully start to get more physical.

@Letrixia You may want to add any limits you have and possibly preferred kinks to your request.

While reading @ChrisGabriel's post and starting to plan my responses to it I had a few thoughts. The first relating to Kat and the fact that so far she and Allen have no children of their own. This would mean that they are a viable pairing even if you consider the importance of genetic diversity. I'm also thinking that since there are already at least one romance waiting to happen, between Penny and Nate, that too could be allowed to flourish naturally. I just put together a list of possible pairings that i find logical and still would allow this. I think it is worth considering. It is of course up for discussion this was just the first list I came up with that fit the premises.

Possible adult pairings.

Theo – Judy
Don – Megan
Marcus – Maureen
Maxwell – Joan
Allen - Kat

Possible Kids pairings.

Nate – Penny/Jodi
Martin – Mei/Jodi

Jodi has been placed as potential partner for both Martin and Nate because well technically either one of them could be assigned two breeding partners. It is after all only the females of the group that will be restricted to have unprotected sexual relations with only one male. And before anyone asks the reason I have separated the kids possible pairings from the adults is to achieve maximum genetic diversity. For instance: Should Jodi have a child by Marcus that child would effectively be a half-sibling of Maxwell and Martin where as if she were to have a child by Martin or Nate that child would not be anyone's sibling.

While that all could be viable and possible, I - and Dr. Smith - will be working ona more encompassing list and plan. Not something that we, as the players had to do, but what she creates to share... mostly for 'genetic diversity' and planned parenthood, other than to character interaction.

@ChrisGabriel
I find that my list takes genetic diversity into account more than anything else, even when you look further down the generations. But please do explain what you mean by more encompassing, in case I missed something.

Also I am not sure about Dr Smith in the context of being viable for breeding or not. If both her male and female reproductive organs are fully functional then where does that place her in the list. Due to there being one female more than there are males It would make sense for her to first be paired up with a female.

You will see... :)

But it is not just about her real body and situation (and hermaphrodites are rarely fertile), but she has to keep her cover too, and fabricate a working medical history that at least partially matches a dr. Smith first, then her own sisters... and just lastly her real one.

Yes I know hermaphrodites rarely have functioning reproductive organs in the real world. This however is fiction and I feel it is a relatively important issue in the context of breeding. That was also why I left her out of my suggested list of possible pairings.

Back
Top Bottom