Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

Time out please....

I have a list nearly done because let's face it, it is a crazy thing to write. In the real OOC world, the list will be more based on making a fun RP than any science.

So please cool off, I think we are in good shape but almost all RPs require a certain amount of suspension of disbelief. I haven't read all of the above yet, I hope you can trust I'll come up with something workable. Even if not your preferred path.
You’re the boss applesauce.

In the first page of the interest post, @Motoharu 's concept for Mei was to be a lesbian, against the breeding program and needing 1x1 counseling from Dr. Smith @ChrisGabriel
Provided you two are still game for this I think that in story, due to either an emotional breakdown or a result of the medical exam, Mei is delayed being put on the 'list'. This would essentially pair her with Dr. Smith and also leaves us with an equal number of males and females.

For everyone:

Two big plot elements have yet to be introduced IC. "The Rules" and then "The List" Both are in preliminary form at the top post of this thread (you can use the 'threadmark' if you like).

Also going back to the request thread, the main kinks advertised were Breeding, Ageplay, Shared Spouses. I intend to respect those kinks in creating the very unscientific list, that will be given some sort of scientific rationale in the story.

I have tried to accommodate the main kinks and spread out writers, especially those with multiple characters. We won't be able to please everyone but I can consider suggestions but let's not get too hung up on it. I think I have included everyone but let me know if I missed anything.

The "list" will be the will of the collective and be somewhat the law of the RP. But people are people, if Allen and Kat aren't paired, there is of course a chance they might procreate anyway and the same might be true of Nate and Penny. However, they may also just discover (or continue) non-reproductive forms of intimacy and be compelled by the science and a sense of duty. I think stressing the 'couples' is an integral part of the story. The Rules and the List are all about science and duty, the story revolves largely around the conflict of that duty with human passions. We might also use the risk of expulsion, and what that might mean for the Stevensen family if they don't comply. (I like drama IC much more than OOC.)

Now I think some of us just want to write sexy stories with the above kinks in mind. That works too and hopefully we can get there soon enough. You don't have to explore all these facets but they are there for your consideration.

Planning wise the official breeding rules will likely be decided at the adult meeting but of course the kids will already know them by the time the adults go to explain it. I see a time of RP between the Rules and the List coming out. Anticipation (both good and bad) is an excellent story element. So ideally we have the Rules introduced IC soon, and the List a bit later.

At the end of the day, this is a game so let's have fun!

I agree with LeaT's approach. I would rather have an RP that focuses on the advertised kinks than 100% realism. Is the Allen/Kat pairing is too obvious right now, we could add a small retcon that they already have a 1 year old that was being taken care of by this robot this whole time, so that is why they are not paired together.

And it does make sense to have Mei with Dr. Robinson, if the numbers are off. Once the therapy is completed, we can pair her with whichever male feels like their scene is concluded.

Same here, agree with everything. I am excited for the breeding list and Theo would support it, if it means survival. All for the ICC drama.

I have no IC issues with Kat and Allen being paired off separately and can't see that we need to make any adjustments to their background to justify it. Especially not since the fact that they have no mutual children is already out in the IC. This of course doesn't mean that they won't have IC issues with it but I think that will be true for several of the pairings.

There is one pairing I feel might perhaps push the boundaries of what a married couple might be able to survive emotionally and that is having Jodi paired with Allen since this would mean Kat would have to live in the same Jupiter as her husband's breeding partner. I am not going to make a big deal of it but I think it is worth consideration for the sake of the story. Perhaps it could be arranged that once the pairings are announced for Jodi to move in with her brother rather than staying at the Stevensen's' Jupiter.

I also think starting the housing project, that Joan intended to bring up at the meeting, relatively soon after is a good idea. Initially perhaps only to put up shag shacks to keep the actual breeding away from the family homes.

Just thoughts.

Another thought, yes yes I know but I can't turn them off: Considering MC Joan and her sexual background would it be possible for her to have Maureen present and involved during the breeding sessions as a way to help her get somewhat aroused and take away at least some of the emotional discomfort of having to have sex with a male would mean for her.

Another thought, yes yes I know but I can't turn them off: Considering MC Joan and her sexual background would it be possible for her to have Maureen present and involved during the breeding sessions as a way to help her get somewhat aroused and take away at least some of the emotional discomfort of having to have sex with a male would mean for her.

For all the pairings and such, I do not see any problems with group sex or orgyes or anything with more than just one male and one female doing something.

As long as no reproductive forms of intimacy take place between anyone who is not assigned as each other's breeding partners of course.

I don't know, are they any guys that actually enjoy seeing lesbian sex? :)

I would be severely disappointed if all the reproductive sex was done in single pairs. Sure I see some of that but I see lots of threesomes and moresomes in our future.

It would indeed be a disappointment, I agree but we must also not lose focus on the rules of the breeding program. (Of which I assume all forms of reproductive intercourse occurring only between assigned pairings will be the first and most important.)

There is one pairing I feel might perhaps push the boundaries of what a married couple might be able to survive emotionally and that is having Jodi paired with Allen since this would mean Kat would have to live in the same Jupiter as her husband's breeding partner. I am not going to make a big deal of it but I think it is worth consideration for the sake of the story. Perhaps it could be arranged that once the pairings are announced for Jodi to move in with her brother rather than staying at the Stevensen's' Jupiter.
This point is well taken...Kat may well drive her out in this case or she might just want to live with her brother.

Oh and the 'shag shacks' are brilliant!

It would indeed be a disappointment, I agree but we must also not lose focus on the rules of the breeding program. (Of which I assume all forms of reproductive intercourse occurring only between assigned pairings will be the first and most important.)

I don't see where a third couldn't be present and participating, especially if it facilitates the breeding, the act of insemination though would have to be between the breeding pair, no sloppy seconds! So Megan might want her husband present (if he can bear it) and she could be giving him oral while she is inseminated by her breeding partner. Just a hypothetical of course...

the act of insemination though would have to be between the breeding pair, no sloppy seconds!
Yes. That is what I meant. But I'm sure some of the group might benefit from having Fluffers around to help achieve that part. And also to maintain some level of emotional intimacy between the couples.

I have no IC issues with Kat and Allen being paired off separately and can't see that we need to make any adjustments to their background to justify it. Especially not since the fact that they have no mutual children is already out in the IC. This of course doesn't mean that they won't have IC issues with it but I think that will be true for several of the pairings.

I also think starting the housing project, that Joan intended to bring up at the meeting, relatively soon after is a good idea. Initially perhaps only to put up shag shacks to keep the actual breeding away from the family homes.

Just thoughts.
Could be an interesting source of drama.

Wow this is a lot of discussion. Props to @MsBloom for the last few bits as Kat, loving the dramatic setup building around Allen and Kat.

Just wanted to drop in and say that I’m unavailable to write the rest of the day, and feel it’s somewhat key for Allen to participate in the current happenings (so if everybody would appreciate holding off on further posts today (at least at the Robinson Jupiter) I’d appreciate it!

Last edited:
@LRDGRat has bowed out. I can bump the request thread for another male and potentially a robot.

@Amante I may post some reaction to what has already been said and others may have things to say in response as well. I can especially see the ladies having this out a bit more and maybe the husbands will need to step in before a cat fight breaks out. I think it is reasonable to not move things beyond this point until you have had a chance to respond as Allen hopefully tomorrow. Is that fair?

@LeaT that’s totally alright, I managed to squeeze a reply in anyways. Just didn’t want that story beat to go waste.

I added the following to the top post of this thread as a guide. Open for discussion but I'm wanting to keep us on the same page more than try to over control things. The robot has been a source of some confusion and I look at it as being unexceptional unless someone has a rather specific concept for it, just not the enigmatic killing machine of the Netflix story please.

Technology
  • Resources: The don't have any replicator type devices, more along the lines of 3D printers. Their materials though are limited so it has to be something of high importance.
  • Weapons: Theo has stated he has a laser rifle which I'll say is a military grade weapon. Presumably at least Marcus has some hunting rifles. I'd like to not have much more than that so we aren't breaking into armed camps.
  • The Robot: I'm open to creative interpretations but at this point it is more utilitarian in nature, like being a sentry or menial task type thing. I would like to avoid the robot being the alien creature of the Netflix show. Too much power imbalance.

@Amante and @MsBloom or do we stick with them leaving and the others continue the conversation and develop something of an ultimatum for the Stevensens?

@MsBloom up to you, I can go back and retcon that last bit of them leaving if you prefer Kat to stay and hear them out

Back
Top Bottom