Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

@Amante and @MsBloom or do we stick with them leaving and the others continue the conversation and develop something of an ultimatum for the Stevensens?
Depending on how Mei and Nate respond to the news, it may be that Kat and Allen get left behind for a bit but will have to fold eventually if Nate and Mei are bringing partners back to the Jupiter etc.

It would also be interesting for the other adults to plan some leverage against the Stevensens not realizing the kids are listening in on the whole thing.

The kids listening in thing was really clever, thanks @Letrixia for that.

Before things start getting too “leveragy” I just want to clarify that the long term intention (at least on my part playing Allen) is for him to come around. “Let them have their time” is probably all that’s necessary on the part of the other adults.

I think there is a certain deliciousness to being compelled to do something you don't really want to do, but it becomes the lesser of evils. Though that isn't for everyone.

It is a little challenging, especially with a new group to argue vehemently against something IC but really wanting it OOC. So I'm glad we are keeping up a good OOC discussion.

I'm thinking faced with the idea of them being asked to relocate away from the others would be a powerful incentive, but if it is too harsh for how you two want to play Allen and Kat, we can certainly tone it down.

I think the other adults could sort of conclude that so long as Allen and Kat are working towards conception, they still have time bring them all the way around, and Kat and Allen seem to want a kid together anyway, on top of the more palatable conclusion that expanding the population is necessary regardless of the other circumstances.

I could also argue from Megan's point of view, 'tough titties' if I can't get knocked up by my husband why should you? I think the real question is if staying together is an just an IC thing or an OOC thing for them. Kind of the same reason I wouldn't want to pair Nate and Penny for story purposes even if it makes sense on a let love blossom kind of front.

I'm not really all in on either direction, but I love the idea of a pissed off Kat on the prowl, though I may feel sorry for whatever guy has to breed her. Maybe she makes a 'deal' with her partner to pretend (in exchange for hmmm I don't know something naughty though).

About Robot: (Red are what we could possibly leave out) [Green what I surely would want to keep]

Its main purpose was to be a protector. Robot possesses a full humanoid stature, capable of walking with two legs. He can transform his two arms into four and he possesses powerful energy weapons, which are fired from the palms of his hands. His face is a translucent material filled with millions of multicolored lights. He is an amalgam of shapeshifting alien metal and organic thought patterns...

He possesses the ability to produce strong heat from his body, enough to melt ice.
He is also able to learn new things nearly instantly.
Robot also has immense strength - he can bend titanium with little effort, carry things almost as heavy, if not heavier, than himself, and he can deal with hostile animals with ease, either using his energy weaponry to shoot and 'melt' them, or just tear their jaws or bodies apart.

When angered or enraged, he transforms into a many-limbed form capable of withstanding most attacks and dealing out punishing damage.
Robot also grows to care, in his own way, wanting to help and protects his friends and family.
Despite many seeing him as a threat, which he evidently is, he doesn't attack anyone unless provoked.
He is both an advanced machine but like a child learning new things - just much faster than a child would.

While this all could be seen a little overpowered, until we have someone playing him, (or it) we could keep these as a known quality.

@LeaT good ideas all around

@ChrisGabriel not a huge fan of the ‘uber-powerful’ robot in this context, I imagined it as more of an ai with a basic android shell to carry out simple tasks. Open to everyone else’s thoughts though.

I haven't seen the show, so I guess I was on a similar page to Amante about the robot. Basically a big walking computer with some utility options, like bending metal, or built in welding torches or something similar.

But maybe it also has a similar code to Ash from Alien, the robot will do what is necessary for the continued survival of the colony as dictated by it's logic engine, rather than having to deal with human irrational emotions.

But maybe it also has a similar code to Ash from Alien, the robot will do what is necessary for the continued survival of the colony as dictated by it's logic engine, rather than having to deal with human irrational emotions.

Holy Cow! I didn't think about something like that. I can just see a scene where two of the kids are sneaking off for a forbidden bit of love making, getting all hot and heavy only to have the Robot suddenly alarming 'DANGER Will Robinson!' or something like that.

Holy Cow! I didn't think about something like that. I can just see a scene where two of the kids are sneaking off for a forbidden bit of love making, getting all hot and heavy only to have the Robot suddenly alarming 'DANGER Will Robinson!' or something like that.
Glad I finally had something like a potentially good idea!

Ideas moving forward

So as families and individuals come on board with the idea, I would think medical checkups with Dr. Robinson would be in order. These would likely involve a pregnancy test for the women and girls and a sperm sample from the men and boys. You don't have to play any of that out but are welcome to do so (within @Motoharu ability to handle it) but it would be good to see it in a post somewhere you can always say the test was 'normal' or negative. (We could potentially have Kat be pregnant already, though I personally would find that boring from a writing point of view. ) As we see a majority of characters pass this threshold we can bring out the Rules and if the Stevensen's haven't come around on their own, perhaps lay out an ultimatum for them.

Counseling with Dr. Smith would also be an option, especially for those characters that aren't ready to commit. Again, not required but just an idea to explore.

There are of course lots of opportunities for other encounters as parents and children come to terms with who knows what and how they react to it.

The unattached characters might also seek out mentors from the various other characters to discuss the situation.

I'm sure you all have ideas of your own as you are quite a creative bunch.

I don't see the 'list' coming out for a bit yet, maybe next week end OOC time unless we need it to keep the story moving. I do want to give you all a chance to explore the situation from whatever angles you want.

I haven't heard back yet from staff on getting a sub-forum, I think we are going to need it though as we split up into smaller groups. I'll ping them Monday if I don't hear back by then, I know they are busy and are all volunteers so I don't want to be pushy.

Last edited:
An idea I had in case we cannot recruit more men is to have one man paired with multiple women. That solves the issue and makes sense in fiction. We could even have Allen paired with Kat, but also paired with another women at first, to create a different conflict.

@ChrisGabriel Judy will not need counseling, but Mei obviously will. Anyone that wants a medical checkup with Dr. Judy Robinson can either PM me or post here. If you do want one, let me know if you have an interesting angle for it, because otherwise it will mostly be routine, and probably boring.

An idea I had in case we cannot recruit more men is to have one man paired with multiple women. That solves the issue and makes sense in fiction. We could even have Allen paired with Kat, but also paired with another women at first, to create a different conflict.

While most of the men will be smart enough not to say it out loud in front of the women, impregnating women will almost certainly become something of a contest between them. I could see any 'extra' women being used as a sort of prize for the men who get their pair pregnant first. I have no idea how the game mechanics would work, but something I have thought about. Of course that would call into the whole fertility and frequency sort of thing.

How do folks feel about pregnant sex in the RP?

It is a bit premature but I hope we can play this long enough to start thinking in terms of 'rounds' of pregnancies, rotating partners and such. I hate to jinx us at this early stage but I am thinking about it if we keep the group together.

Before things start getting too “leveragy” I just want to clarify that the long term intention (at least on my part playing Allen) is for him to come around. “Let them have their time” is probably all that’s necessary on the part of the other adults.

Yes I agree with this but also there is something to be said for ...

I think the other adults could sort of conclude that so long as Allen and Kat are working towards conception, they still have time bring them all the way around, and Kat and Allen seem to want a kid together anyway, on top of the more palatable conclusion that expanding the population is necessary regardless of the other circumstances.

... this idea.

I say we give it some time. Kat was after all prepared to stay before Allen walked off with her. This was after all just an initial meeting about the necessity of a breeding program. There will certainly be more to draw up the rules and assign partners. I'm fairly certain they will attend those meetings when summoned.

We got a bit chatty yesterday.

I'm holding off on Penny until I have a better idea of who, if anyone, is walking with her. I'm supposing Jodi will want to see her brother so she would be going with either Penny or Martin.

There seems to be plenty to write about at the moment, but if anyone is stuck, please let me know.

Since it seems to be coming up now, how do we want to handle smut in threads? I’m fine leaving things out in the open but at the same time, how do people feel about putting that stuff behind a spoiler? I think it might be interesting if the way the characters are in the sack is a surprise to us OOC as well as IC.

Oh! Yes, I guess that might be me leaving the bedroom door open with kids about.

I don't mind using spoilers in the short term, I am hoping we get a sub-forum and can expand a bit. I'll edit my last post.

Back
Top Bottom