Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space OOC

My thought is to stay the course through first night and introduce some new locations for the next morning.

Now that we have a whole subforum, can I make a thread titled, "Dr. Judy Robinson's Clinic", and invite anyone that wants the physical scene to post there? If we get multiple, we can use the spoiler like we have here, so time does not get confusing. Should I wait until Saturday? Thoughts?

I will confess to limited experience using sub-forms and this will be the first for a group I am the OP for, or host or whatever we call what I am doing here.

Now that we have a whole subforum, can I make a thread titled, "Dr. Judy Robinson's Clinic", and invite anyone that wants the physical scene to post there? If we get multiple, we can use the spoiler like we have here, so time does not get confusing. Should I wait until Saturday? Thoughts?

I suspect there will be adequate takers to make it worthwhile. I was thinking there would be a thread for each Jupiter, so do you think it would be a sub-thread of the jupiter as it is contained within, or just its own thread? I think it is worth discussing before we start to creating something that gets unwieldy. I don't think we can easily move them once established so we should take a little caution before getting too many going.

I suppose if even half the characters want to play out a scene (assuming you are game with it), it will take longer in real time than the rest of the story is likely to support so the idea it is both a chronological as well as geographic marker seems useful. Or would that be too confusing for everyone?

I assume you are allowed (by the system) to create a new forum, if you would, how about we hold off until more have a chance to discuss ideas. We will start the next day of story time in the new sub-forums though. I think it will help a lot.

Wow, 3 hours? It's another 8 in my timezones, but I can't remember what timezones we're going on. Either way, I don't think we need a hard stop, though we should probably start planning the next day. I liked the suggestion of one thread per Jupiter, and one for outside, with notes on more specific locations as needed.

Give or take, I don't need a bit countdown clock or anything but we should be wrapping up and I think most of us are pretty close. It feels like a bit of a marathon. I hope to set up the other sub-threads by then so we can start on the next day. I don't think it will be taboo to wrap a few other things up if we really need a post or two.

Wow, 3 hours? It's another 8 in my timezones, but I can't remember what timezones we're going on. Either way, I don't think we need a hard stop, though we should probably start planning the next day. I liked the suggestion of one thread per Jupiter, and one for outside, with notes on more specific locations as needed.
More a guideline than a hard stop. I won't cut anyone off but I'm sure we are all eager to get to the next day.

If you have ideas for sub threads, please lay them out. I still like the idea of a main thread, probably keeping this one as the main. I can work it out so don't feel you need to throw out a plan, but if you have an idea I'm all ears. Well eyes I guess since I'm reading not listening, but you know.

Yes, GMT which is about 7pm here in the Eastern US. Just trying to get us all on the same page, we don't have to obsessive about it or anything.

My thought on sub-forums is to have the three Jupiters, the grasslands, and the forest. I'd like to minimize the use of spoilers, I'd rather be able to go back and scan text so I don't mind a sub-forum instead of 'behind closed doors' spoilers.

So I think we could sub-forum like this, I'm only expanding one jupiter here to give you an idea. Basically each character can have their own 'private' space to take others (or self pleasure of course). In general, write as high up in the structure as makes sense for your scene.

Lost in Space IC (Main Thread)
  • Robinson Jupiter
    • Robinson's Bedroom
    • Dr. Smith's Office/Cabin
      • Mei's Session
      • Young Adult Group Session (example)
    • Judy's Clinic
      • Maxwell's exam
      • Kat's exam
      • etc. (just those that want to do a scene)
    • Penny's Cabin
    • Judy's Cabin
    • Tag's Cabin (Pilot Cabin)
  • O'Donnell Jupiter
  • Stevensen Jupiter
  • Grasslands
  • Forest
In the above, Judy's clinic might have sub-threads so multiple people can play out that sort of scene (and they might extend time wise beyond the rest of the story. Presumably, Robinson's Bedroom wouldn't be quite as heavily traveled as Judy's clinic so probably doesn't need to have sub-forums.

I would set up the main areas but the others can be made up as needed. The only thing I ask is you not get carried away. I believe (but I don't know) that you are all capable of making threads, just use your discretion and when in doubt ask the group if you think we need a new space.

I like your set up, it looks good! I'll wait to hear what others think before I set up Judy's clinic

I have wrapped up most of my posts at what seems like good spots for the night. @Motoharu and @Amante I don't know that we technically finished but it will be near this time tomorrow before I can write a proper post again so you are welcome to consider Penny compliant with about anything with Mei and anything above the waist with Nate. If you want to call it finished, I'm good either way.

Now to try and tackle some Sub-forums!

OK so that whole fancy directory structure up above, forget about that. We can create new threads all on the same 'level', I believe they are sorted by last post, but no additional sub-directories. I think it will be fine, just not what I expected.

I created the three jupiters, and made the first post 'sticky' so it should display top of each page (we can turn that off if you want). I began to assign rooms for the Robinsons and can do the same for each one, let me know if you have specific locations for people.

My suggestion is that when the time comes, each character make (1) post for their room or cabin and you write your behind the scenes stories in whomever's room you are acting it out. If you are in the common rooms of a Jupiter you will write there. I can then put a link to each character's 'room' on the character profile page.

We can decide when we get to the breeding list, if we are going to do separate threads or if we will just have them be where they are located.

As 'Shag Shacks' or other structures are built or explored, we can add them, just don't get carried away.

For Dr. Judy Robinson @Motoharu and Dr. Smith @ChrisGabriel I suggest you set up your 'exams' and 'therapy' sessions as separate threads with the individual you are treating if you want to play them outside of 'game time' if that makes sense. Otherwise I think each of you can have your private room or cabin like the others, and in addition an office or clinic for more 'professional' or unprofessional encounters such as they may be.

I won't be able to write much most of tomorrow but should be able to answer basic questions on my phone at least here and there. I'll be around another hour or so tonight. Cheers!

So should I make one thread for each exam, or one thread for the clinic and have all exams there?

I think it depends on how many you expect to have and how long you think it will take to play them out. You might also ask your partner what they think. If you think it is going to be a six post encounter it probably isn't worth it's own thread so lots of variables. Also, female partners might be more likely to be stopping in long term as they get pregnant, and such. I'm mostly saying if you want to do individual threads, you are welcome to do so.

I think individual threads might be the best set up in the long run. That way you can sort of refer to them as medical records as well as exams. Just a thought though.

I think I would add dr. Smith's place as a separate thread, but would just get into the separate threads / individual for the medical exams and what not, if they need to talk or somehow find themselves in therapy. So to keep the 'professional' side in one place.

I made some cabin assignments on the Robinson Jupiter which seemed to make sense. "Maureen" has assigned Dr. Smith the upper level 'Pilot's Cabin' as it was more separated from the rest of the family as Dr. Smith gives off that sort of creepy vibe. She would say it was to give her more privacy and if she needed the space to do her 'counseling' duties.

Our 2 doctors can set up as they like. I am only saying the MAY setup an extra thread for their clinic/office and/or individual exam/therapy threads. I will leave that judgement to the two of you based on how you think it is going to go. My only advice is to not start new threads unless and until they are needed.

At this point, all other players MAY setup their 'private' cabin, though the spouses are sharing.

No one, at least at this point, is confined to their cabin alone and can roam freely though one would expect (IC at least) that each would respect the other's privacy.

So, at this point Megan O'Donell has left their Jupiter, and got aboard of the Robinson's?

I will assume it is like that and reply there.

Gosh no, sorry I got my mom's mixed up. I deleted that part. Thank you!

I was trying to write a quick start for each one to start us off before I head out.

@MsBloom for what it is worth in case you want to get things started for the Robinsons, Penny will not let on they already heard everything. She will be kind of quiet about the whole. I didn't have time to start off Maureen but I don't see her as an early riser :sleep:

I reached out to the two that specifically wanted exams. Anyone else, feel free to PM me. At this point I'm leaning to one general thread for the clinic and a separate thread for each person that wants the exam to turn sexual

I reached out to the two that specifically wanted exams. Anyone else, feel free to PM me. At this point I'm leaning to one general thread for the clinic and a separate thread for each person that wants the exam to turn sexual

Let dr. Smith join as needed to the Clinic or Exams, as in if someone wants to just speak with her she would be at the 'clinic', and I also can make separate threads if someone gets some therapy...

@MsBloom for what it is worth in case you want to get things started for the Robinsons, Penny will not let on they already heard everything. She will be kind of quiet about the whole. I didn't have time to start off Maureen but I don't see her as an early riser :sleep:
Penny is still at the Stevensen's though isn't she?

Back
Top Bottom