Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space - (Breeding/Age Gaps/Shared Spouses) Non-Canon

LeaT

Supernova
I and a few others are looking to pick things back up from last year. If you were a part of the group, you are welcome to join us. If you weren't but are interested, we can probably find a role for you.

Despite the title, this is not a heavy Sci-Fi theme and we are only borrowing the setting from the Lost in Space franchise. It is set in the not so distant future. It is more of a trying to preserve humanity among a small group of survivors.

You are welcome to read the original pitch below or peruse the various threads in our sub-forum to get an idea of the story. The top post of the Character thread shows the family structure and open spots. "Open" characters can be adopted more or less 'as is' or you can retool them within reason.

Main Sub-Forum
Lost in Space IC
OOC Thread
Character Thread

netflix-lost-in-space-hero.jpg

If you are wondering if I am talking about the 1960's TV show, the Netflix reboot, or the 1998 movie, the answer is YES! And No, because you don't have to be intimately familiar with any of them to follow my version of this tale. (They are all a knock off of Swiss Family Robinson but you don't need to know that either.) Basically the story is about a family on a spaceship headed to a new colony of humans near Alpha Centauri but they get lost. But in our version, I'd like to see 3 families if we can get enough players, though we might just have to double up to make it work.

Premise: Instead of joining a larger, genetically diverse colony it is just the 3 families that have to settle on some isolated planet. We can play out some of the trials and tribulations but I want to focus largely on the idea that their impromptu colony will die out in several generations due to a lack of genetic diversity. UNLESS, they carefully breed all the females among all the males in such a way as...blah blah blah lots of science stuff. In essence, wives will have to mate with other husbands or sons of other family groups. Husbands will have to mate with other wives or daughters of other family groups. (Obviously sons and daughters need to be 16 or over.) There would also be some consensus that the older women would more likely conceive if paired with younger men and vice versa especially if that is a kink that we want to explore.

No incest but step parents/siblings are allowed.
All characters are human
We do NOT need to fill all slots to get started, just enough to make it interesting.

Each family group has their own Jupiter space craft, kind of a space faring RV, but they are essentially out of fuel and stuck on the planet so it basically their home and all are clustered within driving distance of each other.

So that's my idea, I'd love to hear some input from potential players! I'll add more detail as I have time and inspiration.

Last edited:
I'll work on a faceclaim, but am happy playing either a Teen or Older man (or both)...whatever you think is needed.

It's really up to you. More characters give us more options though logistically they may not all be real active at once. Being part of a family group gives the option of having more varied interactions than just breeding but we will kind of figure that out as we go.

I guess - whats the F:M ratio is what I am asking for? I don't want to be sidelined if there isn't anyone to interact with.

There is a table at the top of everyone who has signed up. I think we have fairly similar numbers M:F, I suspect we can goose the ratio by one or two without too much trouble but we haven't done any formal 'sorting' at this point.

If experience is any indication, we will add a few and lose a few as this thing develops so I don't get too carried away on exact matches. I'll prioritize one 'formal' pair per writer, informal interactions can be worked out among you.

That makes sense in my head, but sometimes my ideas get jumbled when I release them into the wild :)

@LRGDRat I am also going to probably play another female. I'm deciding between Judy Robinson and an OC.

I've only watched the Lost in Space 1998 movie, and not in a while. Is there anyone that would mind if I basically just take her appearance and medical background, but played her personality completely different?

@Motoharu I've been discussing Judy Robinson with @MsBloom as we are playing the parents. You are welcome to play her, but she will be the age stated and the biological child of an Asian mother and Black father (if you want to play her we will fill you in on back story), so 1998 Judy won't work. Sorry for the last minute constraint, your OC can be whomever you want, including 1998 Judy, just with a different name.

I think the medical background will be good to keep a check on Dr. Smith, I get a feeling she can't be trusted!

@LeaT That is fine with me. I just wanted to keep the age and medical background. Would changing her personality be fine? Also, could either of you supply the face claim? I struggle with finding face claims, especially of biracial characters.

You can PM me the parts of your backstory that are relevant to Judy, and I can go from there.

I would prefer to play an OC, as not familiar with the Canon to do it any justice. I did watch the recent Netflix version of it, and remember watching the BW TV show in the past on random occasion.

@Motoharu Technically both mine and @LeaT s characters will basically be OC as well. And so will the girls with the backstory we've been discussing for the Robinson family. It is in reality just the family name that is left.

Another thought that came to me, that I sadly realise might seem a bit provocative to some. We now have a lesbian couple as parents of the Robinson family (or at least one lesbian and one bi with a strong female preference) We also have another lesbian in @Motoharu 's character who will have to struggle with their sexuality for the purposes of procreation so how about a gay male couple as parents of the third family?

@MsBloom you make a good point, but I’m currently playing Allen and am not interested in playing anything MxM :/

I was just about to say that I could play the second male parent of the Stevenson family and ask if that was ok with you but that seems a bit redundant now. It was just a thought though.

@Amante Would you be ok with Allen having a much younger second wife (Perhaps the mother of the children is dead and he has recently remarried). I'm thinking quite a bit younger, like maybe 20.

@LRDGRat you could play a single male like Don West that is living with a family, but not related. It doesn't have to be the Robinsons either. It could be one of the other two. Dr. Smith is already an unrelated figure to the Robinson's anyways, so it makes sense for the others to have an unrelated figure.

I thought filling 3 families was optimistic so I just kind of picked that number. I'm not opposed to another and I try to be inclusive as possible.

Just keep in mind, we will respect everyone's limits and for our purposes, breeding pairs have to basically be MxF. (They don't have to enjoy it!)

Here is a face claim for Mei. She could either be the adopted daughter of Allen, or the daughter of his first wife. Adopted daughter probably makes more sense, if you do not want Nate to be related to her by blood. I could change it, if needed.

@Motoharu I like that faceclaim! Making Mei and Nate step-siblings would be my preference yes.

Edit: meant adopted siblings here sheesh I’m off today haha

Back
Top Bottom