Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space - (Breeding/Age Gaps/Shared Spouses) Non-Canon

LeaT

Supernova
I and a few others are looking to pick things back up from last year. If you were a part of the group, you are welcome to join us. If you weren't but are interested, we can probably find a role for you.

Despite the title, this is not a heavy Sci-Fi theme and we are only borrowing the setting from the Lost in Space franchise. It is set in the not so distant future. It is more of a trying to preserve humanity among a small group of survivors.

You are welcome to read the original pitch below or peruse the various threads in our sub-forum to get an idea of the story. The top post of the Character thread shows the family structure and open spots. "Open" characters can be adopted more or less 'as is' or you can retool them within reason.

Main Sub-Forum
Lost in Space IC
OOC Thread
Character Thread

netflix-lost-in-space-hero.jpg

If you are wondering if I am talking about the 1960's TV show, the Netflix reboot, or the 1998 movie, the answer is YES! And No, because you don't have to be intimately familiar with any of them to follow my version of this tale. (They are all a knock off of Swiss Family Robinson but you don't need to know that either.) Basically the story is about a family on a spaceship headed to a new colony of humans near Alpha Centauri but they get lost. But in our version, I'd like to see 3 families if we can get enough players, though we might just have to double up to make it work.

Premise: Instead of joining a larger, genetically diverse colony it is just the 3 families that have to settle on some isolated planet. We can play out some of the trials and tribulations but I want to focus largely on the idea that their impromptu colony will die out in several generations due to a lack of genetic diversity. UNLESS, they carefully breed all the females among all the males in such a way as...blah blah blah lots of science stuff. In essence, wives will have to mate with other husbands or sons of other family groups. Husbands will have to mate with other wives or daughters of other family groups. (Obviously sons and daughters need to be 16 or over.) There would also be some consensus that the older women would more likely conceive if paired with younger men and vice versa especially if that is a kink that we want to explore.

No incest but step parents/siblings are allowed.
All characters are human
We do NOT need to fill all slots to get started, just enough to make it interesting.

Each family group has their own Jupiter space craft, kind of a space faring RV, but they are essentially out of fuel and stuck on the planet so it basically their home and all are clustered within driving distance of each other.

So that's my idea, I'd love to hear some input from potential players! I'll add more detail as I have time and inspiration.

Last edited:
I've fleshed things out a bit more, feel free to make suggestions or ask questions here or PM me.

For one I would be happy to play Dr. Smith, as an un-fortunate hermaphrodite (so basically BOTH gender - but considered sterile).
I am sure she is the one who suggest a 'rotation' and keeps tabs on the fertility of all included... Would work posing as the psychologist to help the others with the situation.
Wouldn't put past her that she adds apphrodesiac to the vitamins she supplies everybody with, and well, she also gives out specific advice or other drugs occasionally.
Would be also greatly into the flora and fauna of their new home, wouldn't put past her that she knows a little mineralogy too. Of course she only puts herself up learning all about this on the planet, so, even she could have surprises. Also, she would gladly put her hands on the Robot, getting it on her side, even if mostly inmobile... She has needs too, damnit! :)

@Colonel_Liam I'll add the O'Donnell's to the roster, nice to have you joining.

@ChrisGabriel Great concept, lots of good ideas there for Dr. Smith. A complex character to the least. Needs an age.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'un-fortunate' in the context of hermaphrodite. There may well be limited opportunities for sexual pairings based on the interests of those who join but I'd see how it pans out before assuming one way or the other. It isn't really my thing but I've been surprised before and the idea of 'exams' is kind of hot in my mind and I wouldn't mind playing that out. In the story, pairings will be mandatory, but we will obviously work them out OOC so no one is doing anything they aren't comfortable with.

I like the face claim but we don't have to stick with the actual cast, our story is inspired by the shows but not bound by them. You are very welcome to use Ms. Posey but she is not required just to use the Dr. Smith character. I think it depends on how you want to play the part. Dr. Smith is such an enigmatic character, I don't know if you want the gender 'out' there at the start or something more of a mystery where a more androgynous character might be interesting. As there might be a bit of resentment at the forced breeding, the momentum of the story would expect Dr. Smith to be a participant, simply declaring themself sterile might opt them out of the 'rotation' if they are convincing enough. Totally your character, I am only offering suggestions so you don't feel artificially constrained. (I have attempted but am struggling a bit with gender neutral pronouns and appropriate verb conjugation.)

I do think we should include the robot, but the overwhelmingly powerful alien Netflix version might be problematic. Perhaps a bit more anthropomorphic, part of the standard Jupiter spacecraft issue might work better. This is a good subject for group discussion.

She definitely remains the secretive enigmatic 'doctor' as long as she could. But it is possible that there are people who does not take her world for being sterile... Or go for her anyway for some careless fun. After all, she is not 'taboo', and wouldn't even want to be if she is found out. And while I use - and most people use - the female pronoun, it is right for her because she is feminine, with breasts, and if someone goes to look for it, have a vagina too. And a penis instead of a clit, but I can't imagine that being a wide knowledge for quite the time. Not even if some of the females start whispering about 'him'.

And the robot is definitely more human made - remade. But it shouldn't be part of all three spacecraft, that would leave us with three. But maybe every one of the ships has some kind of AI and robotic helper, even if a family would go for a more 'intelligent home' type, another more of a rover/drone explorer type... I definitely was trying to go for the cause of them being stranded kind of almost alien super-robot, but without it being fully functional. (as in, already being found out and walked off the cliff, but recovered by the doc.)

And while I use - and most people use - the female pronoun, it is right for her because she is feminine
That will make my writing much easier, thank you! The part is yours to play as you see fit, I definitely appreciate your creativity.

I agree on one robot, ideally played by a character who can direct the origin story, I just don't want it mega powerful. Sexually useful would be an obvious plus :)

That will make my writing much easier, thank you! The part is yours to play as you see fit, I definitely appreciate your creativity.

I agree on one robot, ideally played by a character who can direct the origin story, I just don't want it mega powerful. Sexually useful would be an obvious plus :)
It would be also interesting others able to give the robot instructions towards the doctor... A kind of option for everyone, anyone with a character that isable to, or just playing the robot adding some surprises for the good doc (or others). In other words, I do not think that it is playable as a different character, but more like an useful extra opportunity that can be there for anyone wanting 'something'.

I put the robot in as an open character slot, let's see what sort of ideas come up and keep our options open.

Hi, I'm interested in joining. So far I have one idea I like, and am still developing another one. I would be a 16F Child of family 3. She would start out as a lesbian that is against this whole breeding project. I was thinking that Dr. Smith could give her one on one counselings that would convince her to change her view. There are a lot of ways the counselings could go, and sex is obviously one of them. I wouldn't want actual non-con where someone tries to breed her by force, but dub-con would be fine. I will probably play her Asian or Hispanic to further add genetic diversity, but I'll wait to see what other people in family 3 are thinking before I choose a face claim and name.

@Motoharu I had a feeling Dr. Smith @ChrisGabriel was going to be of interest. I'm with you on all counts.

I think there is lots of room to play your character here from reluctant to eager and lots of potential interactions beyond breeding pairs. I can see some interesting chats between spouses, parents and their kids and how each one rationalizes the situation. I considered having Family 3 be a lesbian couple with some adopted or step children so that is an option. I love some diversity entering into it as well, it should have something of an international flare if possible. I added you to the main post, let me know when you have a name and face claim.

I think I’m definitely interested! I’m 0% familiar with the source material, but I definitely understand the idea. I’d be happy to play Child 2 and a male parent in Family 3. If there’s interest in it, Making Family 3 a step family (father/son and mother/daughter), I’d love to play across from @Motoharu ‘s daughter character.

Edit (12 minutes later): Just realized LeaT suggested making family 3 a lesbian couple lol. Happy to just play one son in that case

@Amante Welcome! They don't need to be the 'Robinsons' but that whole family is open and my thoughts about a lesbian couple was just a thought. You are welcome to play a dad, though I'd likely put you as Family #1 (using the Robinson name or not, doesn't really matter).

I am fine with pairing you with @Motoharu if that is ok with her.

All:

In the initial post chart, only the characters with names in the Played By field have someone assigned to them so feel free to take your pick. Character names are set by the player, family names by the first parent to claim them.

@LeaT I’m happy to play John Robinson, and keep the name for flavor. As well as Family 3’s son if Motoharu is interested. I’ll pick a name after getting her agreement on that.

@Amante Sounds good, I'll make the updates.

You two will also need to work out if they are step or true siblings for breeding purposes.

@LeaT I assumed step. I was intrigued by the “reluctant but slowly starts participating” bit, and figured @Motoharu ’s character would need someone else besides Dr. Smith as a pairing.

@Amante I think LeaT was just opening the option for family 3 to be a lesbian household, not saying it is required. I would be happy to play MC as a step daughter or step sister across from either or both of YCs.

I suggest all 3 of our characters be in Family 3, and we can leave family one open to anyone that really wants to play the cannon characters, or they can change it to any other family, including a lesbian one. We can just see what interest we get.

@LeaT I’m with @Motoharu, let’s rename my elder character to Allen (Age 42) and make him Father of family 3, and name the son Nate (age 17)

@Amante and @Motoharu I'll update, sounds good.

I plan to have the main threads put up tonight after work. (I'm Eastern US time GMT +5 I believe).

Let's name mine Mei, and I'll make her Asian. I assume later you will let us know what information you want for character sheets?

Sure, things are moving a bit faster than me at the moment but we will have a character thread where you can post more about your character. I'm just trying to get the chess pieces on the board right now :)

I'm excited to see this interest.

@LRDGRat Welcome! We aren't playing a pure canon game but Don West is open if you wanted to play him (or rename him). He is sort of unattached but fell in with the Robinsons. I'm not opposed to creating another family group if that is your preference or stick you into one of the others. Why don't you tell me ages and face claims if you have them.

It will be nice to write with you again!

Back
Top Bottom