Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

“I see.” Megohime scowled in disappointment. “You must’ve mistaken my offer as join my lord or meet him in battle- I do not intend for you to insult him and live.”

"I do not intend to accept such blatant disrespect in the guise of kindness. I am not mistaken, your lord's offer is no more than a disgusting twisted prank to leash the only remaining humans who can stop him. We will not be cursed as Katakura was. I will respect your peaceful approach, but I will not hold back should you go against me." She stated firmly, despite her trembling voice.

Megohime’s eyes grew soft and sad at Kojurou’s name, her hair stirring beside her. “Perhaps it would be better if such a soul as yours were to perish, you’d bring only shame to Masamune.”
Two large wings slowly rose on each side of her head, her hair forming the wings themselves.

"He shames himself." She said gently, gripping the hilt of her blade tightly, "The atrocities he committed toward Katakura...to countless others. What honorable man does that?"

“Hold your tongue.” She said, and with one beat of the large wings on her head, and was behind Akihime, eyes glowing red with rage.

Akihime was in no condition to be fighting, still recovering from her miscarriage, but she turned quickly to try and defend herself with her blade.
"It angers you because I'm right, or because it offends you? Date is a monster, he's killed countless people! He will continue to do so!"

“People like you deserve to be exterminated.” Megohime swiped at the blade with her claws, attacking faster and faster, pushing her back.

“You could have such a thing, all you would have to do is obey.” Megohime smacked Akihime aside with one wing, knocking the wind from Akihime’s lungs. Megohime was on Akihime in seconds, grabbing the wrist of her sword hand and squeezing hard to force the blade from her grasp.

She let out a loud cry of pain, feeling her wrist strain and threaten to break as she released her blade, "Th...Then kill me...I refuse...to obey such a heartless beast as Date.."

Her blade clattered to the ground beside her, Megohime drawing her arm back to piercing through Akihime’s chest with her claws. “Then die.”

Akihime shut her eyes, not wanting to watch as she made her peace.
"Megohime-dono!!" Kojurou's voice yelled, the lightning hashira running up from behind Megohime, "Let her go. Please, you don't want to do this."
"Aki, are you ok?!" Sasuke asked, following behind Kojurou.
"Get away from my sister, you disgusting cur!!" Mitsunari shouted, and his words forced tears from Akihime's eyes.

Megohime’s nails stopped just short of piercing Akihime, her gaze falling on Kojurou with a scowl.
“Akihime!!” Yukimura had his sword drawn, a terrified and angry look on his face.
“I offered her a choice, and she has chosen her fate.” This would be troublesome, with so many high level slayers, she was at a disadvantage. Her thoughts were interrupted when she gagged, then spat out blood, blood dripping from her eyes which held confusion. How had she been wounded? All four men were still in her line of sight.
She was in direct contact with Akihime’s skin, holding her wrist and unknowingly absorbing the wisteria poison in Akihime’s sweat.

"D-Did Date not tell you how dangerous I am to your kind...?" Akihime asked, "How every aspect of me is rather poisonous, even in small doses? My sweat alone is already ripping your insides apart, and you've only touched me a few seconds.."
"Leave, Megohime-dono. You're weak and outnumbered." Kojurou frowned.

Megohime released Akihime’s wrist like it was burning her, staggering back away from the Hashira, vomiting more blood onto the ground. “Weak..?” The word brought rage to her, veins forming on her face. “Weak..?!” She snarled at Kojurou, giving a few strong flaps of her moth wings, but staying where she was. “That’s how you’ve always seen me, isn’t it? Some weak pitiful girl..! I’ll make you regret that!”

"N...No, that isn't what I meant at all!" He argued. What had Date done to her? She was no longer the sweet and innocent girl they had met only months before. "I merely meant that you had been weakened!"
"There's no point in trying to talk to her, Katakura. Her mind's made up." Mitsunari stated.

“Step away from Akihime, begone from here, demon, before you are slayed.” Yukimura had his katana ready, glued to Megohime, watching her closely.
Akihime’s breathing would quickly become painful, feeling as though her throat was filling with razors, tasting blood at the back of her throat.

Was this Megohime's blood art? An equally effective poison? Akihime could feel it move down into her lungs and she tried to use her breathing to slow it.
"Megohime-dono, please," Kojurou frowned, "I don't want to hurt you. I've never wanted to hurt you."

Megohime wiped the blood from her eyes angrily, and now a faint sparkling could be seen around both Akihime and Megohime.
Yukimura wasn’t going to wait any longer; since Megohime didn’t seem to want to stand down, he rushed forward in an attack. It surprised Megohime slightly to see him move so fast toward her, Beijing her wings back and flapping them hard in his direction. “Flame breathing, first form: Unknowing Fire.”

"Sound Breathing, Fourth Form: Constant Resonating Slashes." Mitsunari moved fast, his odachi moving faster, the quick movements impressive for such a large sword.

Yukimura’s blade met Megohime’s wings and sunk only a few inches in before grinding to a halt. Barely having time to notice Mitsunari coming from her side, she directed something unseen, Mitsunari feeling dozens of blades slice through his uniform and flesh- none deep enough to kill, but still, they were painful.

Mitsunari stumbled a bit, his attack missing her by mere inches and nearly clipping Akihime. Sasuke moved around in the shadow, appearing beside Akihime and gently picking her up to get her out of the way.

Sasuke felt an attack barely miss him, a strong wind at his back as Megohime spun to slice him in two with her wings, knocking Yukimura back momentarily.
“Flame breathing, second form: Rising scorching sun!” Megohime felt pain blood across her back as Yukimura cut deep across her back- from hip to shoulder. She stumbled and turned to face him again, blood dripping from her wound onto the ground.

"Sh-Shit, that was close.." Sasuke muttered before moving as far from the fight as he could get. Kojurou couldn't bear it, his heart heavy seeing what Megohime had become.

The more Akihime used her breathing, the more she seemed to agitate her throat and lungs, it becoming painful to breathe.
Megohime was struggling by to keep both Yukimura and Mitsunari at bay, but was managing- just barely though. Akihime’s poison was proving rather troublesome; her entire body hurt, and she felt as though she would fall apart at any moment. She vomited blood once again, struggling to breathe as the poison coursed through her veins.

Back
Top Bottom