Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Megohime’s eyes went wide with fear; she wasn’t a fighter, at least not a trained one, and she had no experience taking on a swordsman. She sacrificed one of her wings to evade his blow, skidding back, only to panic more when she saw Yukimura was hot on her heels.

Yukimura readied his blade to take Megohime’s head, drawing in another deep breath to ensure it would be a clean strike. His blade never got to meet her new however, Megohime moving forward to meet Yukimura. Her remaining wing returned to the form of her hair, the long black locks tangling around his blade and stopping it short of her neck as she pounced. She grabbed ahold of his collar, closing the distance and pressing her lips to his, Yukimura’s eyes widening in shock and disbelief. Megohime was able to hold the kiss for a moment before Yukimura cut through her hair, slashing down her chest and removing her arm in the process. Megohime retreated once again, more blood spilling on the ground as Yukimura took a staggered step back, a thick black liquid dripping from his mouth.
Yukimura spit the liquid from his mouth, wiping his lips on the back of his sleeve but it was too late.

Megohime only glanced at Akihime before bolting from the slayers, retreating into the forest and leaving them where they stood.
Yukimura dropped to his knees the next moment, releasing his blade as he clutched at his throat- he couldn’t breathe. No matter how hard he tried, it seemed he couldn’t draw in any air, more of the black liquid dripping from his mouth.

"Yukimura...!!"
"Aki, hey, settle...!" Sasuke fumbled as she launched from his arms, hitting the ground hard before she scrambled toward Yukimura. She had no idea what kind of poison this was, especially if it was a blood art, but she reached for the strongest antidote she made.
"Here, here, drink it.." Akihime said, voice shaking as she tried to help him.

Already Yukimura’s face was turning color, first a red, then blue the longer he went without breathing. He reached for her antidote, but his hands shook hard as he took it from her. He was making an awful gurgling noise as he tried to remove the cork, his vision starting to warp. He wouldn’t breathe at all, it felt as though he had something stuck in the back of his mouth.
He collapsed to his side, face turning more blue as he gripped his throat. It was only once he was on his side did Akihime notice the black liquid hard hardened on Yukimura’s face. Her blood ran cold at the sight- if the liquid had hardened, that meant it was probably stuck in his mouth and throat as well.

"D-Dammit! I need to open his windpipe!"
"Here, here, hang on." Sasuke moved over, taking a hollow bamboo stick and sharpening the end, moving to pierce it quickly into Yukimura's neck to allow him a pathway to breathe.

The moment the bamboo was in his throat, Yukimura took a deep breath, a bit of color returning to his face. His eyes were unfocused, taking deep breaths, chest heaving. Finally able to breathe, he turned his head to look at Akihime, giving both her and Sasuke a look of thanks.

Megohime had fled far into the forest, struggling on her feet as she stumbled over the uneven terrain. She stopped against a tree, attempting to regrow her arm, but the poison from Akihime made the new flesh melt and slough off of her bones. She collapsed against the tree, hidden in the brush, body wracked with pain.

Akihime pet his head gently, giving him time to catch his breath.
"In a bit, I'll do what I can to remove the clotting..." She told him gently.

"Megohime?" That was Masamune's voice, and he sounded worried, "Daijoubu?"

Yukimura pet his hand over Akihime’s, nodding as he was unable to speak with the black substance in his throat. He was grateful to be able to breathe again, having never seen such an attack by a demon before.

Megohime perked at Masamune’s voice, tears burning in her eyes and relief settling over her. She forced herself back to her feet, leaving her hiding spot to meet Masamune. “Masamune-sama, please forgive me.. I failed to bring you any Hashira..”

Akihime fought tears, her lungs and throat still burning from Megohime's poison, but she was glad the wisteria in her blood was doing what it could against it.
"Don't scare me like that, baka..." She croaked.

"It's alright, Megohime. You did a wonderful job. One of them has died, that's more than I could ask." Masamune's voice sounded.

Yukimura gave Akihime a weary smile, trying to comfort her, looking to his other comrades to make sure they still remained. Kojurou and Mitsunari were within sight, both still alive, but he found Sasuke was nowhere to be seen. He looked to Akihime quizzically, wondering where the Shadow Hashira had gone off to.

Megohime entered the clearing she heard Masamune from, but found he was nowhere in sight. Her wounds still dripped blood, weakened heavily from Akihime’s poison, it took all she had to just stand. “Masamune-sama..?” She asked.

Akihime looked around before a frown tugged at her face, "Did either of you see where Sasuke went?"
"Sasuke?" Kojurou looked to where he had seen the ninja hashira last, only to see he really was gone.
"That idiot..." Mitsunari muttered.

"Rest now, Megohime." His voice was so gentle and kind, stepping from the shadows to meet her, "You've earned a good rest for your hard work."

Megohime was going to take another step forward, but the smell was off. Something wasn’t right, this wasn’t Masamune. “Show yourself now.” She demanded, feeling angry and upset that she had been tricked so easily.

"Damn," Masamune's voice changed as a scowl set on his face, "I had hoped I could get you to drop your guard before you noticed. Doesn't matter." Masamune melted in a thick inky blackness and she felt a razor sharpness inch close to her neck, "I'll make it quick so long as you don't move." Sasuke said darkly.

Tears of anger and embarrassment flowed down her cheeks, gnashing her teeth. “You’re awful..!” She growled out, hair starting to writhe. “A foul wretch!” She snarled, swinging her claws at the figure.

Megohime snarled, having only her claws and fangs- Akihime’s poison keeping her from regenerating in the slightest. She attacked again, trying to cut off Sasuke’s sword hand.

He blocked her claws easily and pushed her back, moving fast and going for her arm, "Seems Aki is keeping you from healing properly. Gotta thank her later for that."

Megohime ground her teeth, managing to dodge, but just barely, his blade cutting deep into her chest. She hadn’t endured such pain before, even when the cultists hurt her for their own enjoyment. Sasuke’s blade got stuck in her chest, unable to pull it free as she held onto it with all her might.

Megohime cried out, stumbling back and falling into the tree behind her, blade lodging into the tree and keeping her there. She tried to pull the sword from her chest, struggling to do so with one arm.

Back
Top Bottom