Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

"I know his routine, though he may change it now that I've left. But he doesn't really leave his estate unless he needs to." Kojurou replied.

“And of the other Upper Moons he’s gained, who do you know of and what abilities do they possess?” Yukimura continued.

"I've only interacted with one, and he is a vile creature, not even fit to be called a man." He said, "He's the Upper Moon Five, but I know not of his abilities."

Yukimura nodded once more, making mental notes of every hit of information Kojurou was providing for them. Every bit was important, they had to know as much as possible if they were to have a chance.

Yukimura shook his head firmly. “You’ve helped more than you know. If you could draw out a map- even a rough one -of his estate, it would be all the much more helpful.”

He nodded before turning away, "I think I have parchment and charcoal around here somewhere." He said thoughtfully. There was gentle ruffling beside Yukimura, and when he looked he saw it was Akihime.
"Gomen...I don't mean to interrupt," she muttered, "Mitsunari is making me uncomfortable with his glaring, so I wanted to be away from him..."

Yukimura gave a firm nod, and a soft look. “We’ve just been discussing what information Kojurou knows, it might be what we need to help finally get to Date and kill him.”

Yukimura’s expression softened. “You don’t have to leave.” He said. “This plan involves you just as much as me- you’re an important part of it.”

She smiled softly, "I don't want to distract you, that's all..." She said softly, holding his hand.
"Ah, found it." Kojurou turned back with the paper and charcoal, "Please forgive my rudeness, I didn't mean to take so long."

He gave her hand a gentle squeeze, looking to Kojurou when he spoke up. “Please, do not apologize, you’re already helping us so much, Katakura-dono.”

Kojurou nodded and found a hard enough surface before he began to draw out the layout of Masamune's estate. Akihime sat a while longer with them before she stood, excusing herself before she left.

Yukimura stayed with Kojurou, studying the layout as he drew it. The others would also need to do the same; but the next issue would be getting to Masamune through all of his newly formed Moons.

Akihime braved the barrier of wisteria, mind elsewhere as she walked through the woods. She knew Mitsunari was grieving, so was she, but she couldn't bear the emptiness the loss of two lives filled her with. She just wanted to be happy with them again, before Motonari and the loss of their father, before Date and the death of Shouta and her child. She wanted peace.

Without the protection of the wisteria Kojurou had tied around the camp, Akihime was vulnerable to attack, but she was still armed with her nichirin blade at her hip.
“You look as though you’re lost- or rather, you’ve lost something instead.” A woman spoke up to the side of Akihime, a figure hiding in the darkness of the trees.

“You don’t need to draw your weapon, I’m not armed, and I don’t plan on doing anything.” A young woman with long black hair stepped from the shadows; she was nicely dressed, a rather normal looking noble woman. But what was she doing so deep in the forest?
“I’ve only come to speak with you.”

“I’ll only take a moment of your time, Otani-san.” She said, staying in her spot a ways away from Akihime. “I’ve come to extend you a gift, on the behalf of my lord.”

She bowed her head slightly. “Forgive me, Lord Date extends his blood to you in exchange for your loyalty- he’d even allow Sanada to join as well so long as they obey.”

Megohime wasn’t deterred by her words, frowning softly. “He would even allow for you to bare children, given you show your loyalty over time.”

Back
Top Bottom