Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Yukimura’s eyes widened and his grip on his blade loosened. “Katakura-dono..!” He was shocked to see the Lightening Pillar, who was looking worse for ware, but alive.

Yukimura rushed forward, his heart beating hard in his excitement. “How did you avoid being caught this long, are you by yourself?”

Kojurou lowered his gaze in shame and Akihime frowned.
"Katakura...?"
"I was...his prisoner..." He muttered. Mitsunari's body tensed slowly.
"You were with him? You were that close and you didn't kill him?!"
"How could I on my own?! It would have been suicide!!" Kojurou snapped at the oldest of the two siblings.
"You could have taken him with you!!" Mitsunari snapped.
"That's enough!" Akihime said loudly, "We've lost so many slayers already, losing Katakura would hurt us more!"

Yukimura’s happy feelings quickly turned to anxious ones. “We all know just how strong Date is, we shouldn’t be fighting amongst ourselves- we should just be happy we gained another comrade, we just lost Oda.”

Kojurou frowned, "Oda, too? I'm so sorry."
"Did you see her?" Sasuke asked quickly, "Was she there?"
"I...no, I didn't see her during my escape..."
"How did you escape, coward?" Mitsunari demanded. Kojurou didn't seem to like the insult very well.
"Jin helped me."
"Kawabe-san?! She-!" Akihime stopped when Kojurou became pained and she shook her head quickly, "N-No...her, too?"

Yukimura shot Mitsunari a stern look before turning back to Kojurou. “We’re glad to have you back with us.”

Yukimura nodded, a stern look on his face. “What can you tell us about inside?” He asked. “What can you tell us about Date?”

Yukimura nodded, a solemn look on his face at the mention of the two turned Hashira. “Do you know of any of the other new Moons he has? Of their abilities?”

"Only one other...she was a girl I had failed to protect. I didn't see her abilities, but her presence alone is terrifying." He replied.
"And Kawabe?" Akihime asked. Kojurou frowned.
"I only know that she possesses superior strength, as with all Date's creatures.."

Last edited:
Yukimura made a thoughtful noise, nodding. “We should find somewhere safe, collect ourselves and go over what we know, share information.”

Yukimura turned back to face their group, glad they had at least a bit of good news after all of the tragedies they suffered. “We should find somewhere to set up camp next, then we can try and formulate some kind of plan- now we know where Date hides.”

The three nodded and followed behind Kojurou, "My camp is hardly considered such, but it's kept me hidden and alive so far." He said, "You are welcome to share it with me."

“How long have you been free?” He followed after Kojurou, hiking through the forest after him. “We were so lucky to have found you when we did!”

Kojurou glamced at Yukimura with a soft smile, "Only a week, but I'm the lucky one. I feared that I was the only survivor of the Slayer Corps."

Yukimura shook his head. “Not at all- when this all started, it was just all of us on our own. I found my way to Akihime first, and we’ve been growing in numbers since then.”

Yukimura knew what he was talking about, feeling a pant of guilt before looking away from Kojurou. “We’ve also lost along the way, you’ll have to forgive the mood of our group at the moment.”

Yukimura nodded silently, not wishing to speak on the subject more than he had to.
It was a short hike to the base Kojurou had set up, a modest camp protected by bundles of dried wisteria flowers tied all around the camp.

"Thank you for letting us camp with you, Katakura.." Akihime smiled softly. Kojurou gave a small nod.
"Of course. It would be better if we stuck together." He said.

Yukimura gave a nod in agreement. “What more can you tell us about Date?” He asked. “If you could tell us everything you know, it would be most helpful.”

Back
Top Bottom