Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

The demons grew nearer, and Jin hesitated. “I will.” She said firmly. “Wait for me outside, I will follow shortly.”

"Jin.." He knew, he knew in his gut that she wouldn't follow, but he nodded and moved out the door and ran outside as far as he could.
"You let Katakura out!!"
"Lord Date will be furious!!"
"You'll be killed!!"

“Silence!!” Jin snarled as she kept them from reaching the door, keeping herself between them and it to allow Kojurou time to escape.

The markings along her skin opened up to reveal eyes, antlers slowly sprouting from her head as she attacked, tearing through demon after demon. She didn’t allow them to detain her, didn’t stop her onslaught- she had to protect Kojurou, had to give him a fighting chance.

"What is going on out here?" A sudden massive weight slammed into her, even though nothing touched her, forcing her to the ground as the other demons cowered away. Masamune stood not far from them, eyes wild and angry despite his calm expression.
"M... Masamune-sama! She...! Katakura...!"
Masamune glanced at the open door before looking back at Jin.
"Where is Kojurou, Jin?"

Jin could barely stay on her hands and knees, struggling to take in a single breath as she managed to bring her gaze to his. Her shackles still remained attached to her, broken chains hanging from them as a weak smile spread across her face. “Seems he got out, please forgive me.”

His pupils turned to thin lines and the weight pressing down on her increased, knocking the breath from her lungs.
"And just how did you escape, hm? Last I checked, those chains were made from nichirin blades."

Jin dropped to her elbows, struggling to breathe as blood dripped from her nose, ears, mouth, and eyes. “H-Hadn’t… noticed..” She coughed out, head spinning.

“That…” She coughed up blood at his feet as he drew nearer, struggling not to fall flat against the floor. “He still runs fast for an old man..”

He scowled and grabbed her by her hair, slamming her face hard into the ground. "You're lucky I need you alive." He stated before he walked away from her and the pressure removed from her body, "Get her out of my sight. And clean up this mess."
"H-Hai!"

Jin coughed up blood, nose dripping blood onto the floor as she stayed where she was. Even if the pressure was off her, she was still in too much pain to move.

Jin was simply glad that Kojurou had escaped, watching the door grow smaller and smaller as she was dragged away from it.

Jin tumbled down the stairs and landed harshly on the bottom with a heavy thud, staying where she laid. Part of her was too relieved to move, her body overtaken with relief and exhaustion. She closed her eyes and listened silently, heart aching at the thought that she was now truly all alone.

Would Kojurou come back? Would anyone even let him close? Would he find any of the others? It was hard to say, but her heart was glad he was safe now.

Jin knew that she was in trouble, that she would be punished later by Masamune. After a while she crawled back to where her chains had kept her tethered, even if they were now broken, sitting on the floor and waiting.

Jin picked up her head when Masamune spoke, a soft frown on her face. “It wasn’t for me to gain anything.” She answered truthfully. “Just a selfish act for another.”

She didn’t answer his provocation, frowning softly. Whatever the true reason she helped to free Kojurou, she wouldn’t reveal to him.

He made a noise, "You really are rather lucky, I would just kill you for such a thing. But I need you alive. I'll just have you kill him and whatever hashira he brings here."

Her heart froze, body going rigid and the world felt like it would flip out from under her. “I refuse.” She said quietly.

Back
Top Bottom