Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

There were several bite marks along his neck and shoulders, Amaya feeling shame and guilt as she stepped closer. “I’m sorry.” She said softly, leaning in to bite into his neck. She did so as quickly and as painlessly as she could, drinking his blood slowly.

She swallowed a few mouthfuls before pulling away, wiping the small trickle of blood from her lips. “Thank you..”

“We should keep moving then, we’re almost there..” She said, making sure the scarf she had wrapped around her head was up to her chin.

Amaya felt better already, but knew it wouldn’t take long before she’d need to feed off of Sasuke again; she could only hope they would arrive soon.

They kept walking, not knowing how much longer they had before day broke or they ran into someone. And, as it turned out, they would run into someone first. Two people, in fact. Sasuke recognized the smell of wisteria right away and stopped Amaya from getting closer. He looked saddened as he glanced back at her, amd she kind of knew what that look meant. Akihime was nearby.

The smell burned her nose almost immediately, a once pleasant smell now one that smelled entirely toxic and rancid to her. She used her sleeve to cover her nose, looking to Sasuke. “Maybe I should remain here.”

"Yeah.." He replied and moved forward cautiously.
"Someone is coming." Sasuke halted, knowing that as Mitsunari's voice. Of all the people, it had to be him.
"Ya-ho! Is anyone out there!" Akihime called. Saauke forced himself forward, raising his hand in greeting.
"Yo. Been a while, eh?"
"Ah!! Sasuke!!" Akihime moved over quickly and embraced him, "Yukimura will be so relieved!"
"Where have you been this whole time? Hiding away in a hole?" Mitsunari asked dully. Sasuke gave a sheepish smile.
"Eh, you know me." He replied.

Amaya remained in the shadows of the forest, but the moon was high overhead, and she was bound to be seen sooner or later. Her heart skipped a beat when Akihime started talking-as cheerful as always. She wondered if her tone would stay the same once she saw what she had become.

"Are you alone? Have you found anyone else? Is Amaya...?"
"Ah," Sasuke became nervous, "Amaya is..." He didn't know how to tell her, especially in front of Mitsunari. His chest ached when Akihime's face twisted with grief and he fought his grimace.
"Sh-She...?" She couldn't finish, already fearing the worst. Sasuke was really stuck now, how could he say anything?

The smell of demon was heavy on Sasuke, but that was to be expected of a lone slayer making his way through the terrain. What wasn’t expected was the scent of demon lingering around them-had Sasuke been followed?
Amaya kept quiet, perhaps it was better if Akihime already regarded her as dead, after all, she was going to be so soon.

"Akihime." Mitsunari's tone held warning, amd when she looked to her brother, he saw he was tense and serious. Akihime looked up at Sasuke and moved away from him.
"Sasuke, were you followed??"
"Huh? Me?" Sasuke seemed quizzical, "You think the Shadow Hashira would be so lazy?" Akihime looked around behind Saauke before starting off, Mitsunari close behind.
"H-Hey! Where are you going?!"
"There's a demon, Sasuke, it came with you." Akihime told him.

“Akihime, stop.” Amaya’s voice came from the shadows of the forest before the Hashira, a shape barely visible. She didn’t want to have to reveal herself to Akihime, hoping to only go to Mitsunari to have him execute her, but she was too hopeful.

Akihime froze and her eyes widened, "Amaya...?" Her voice was weak, tight, "Is that you...?"
"Aki..." Saauke called, and when she looked back, his eyes held pain, "Stay put, ok?"
"Wh-Why, I don't understand..." Akihime looked like she would cry amd that hurt Sasuke more.

Amaya kept her eyes down, making sure the brim of her hat was angled down to keep herself hidden. “You need to stay with Sasuke, while I speak with Mitsunari.”

She clenched her fists tight at her side, heart aching that she couldn’t even see her own family. “You shouldn’t have even known I was here.” She said. “This… This isn’t how I wanted to meet back up with everyone.” Being that close to Akihime made it hard for Amaya to breathe right, the heavy amount of wisteria in and on her person deadly to Amaya.

"Sasuke, what have you done?!" Akihime whirled on him and he held his hands up defensively.
"I haven't done anything!" He argued. Mitsunari noticed something and moved toward Sasuke, grabbing his collar and tugging firmly, opening it to reveal bite marks and heavy bruises.
"H-Hey!!" Sasuke shoved Mitsunari away hard, clearly embarrassed.
"Wh-What...Sasuke, are those...?" Akihime looked taken aback.
"Amaya is a demon, Akihime. Pay attention." Mitsunari scolded. What? Akihime's heart stopped and she turned toward Amaya. A demon?
"N-No...no, you're lying...!! Tell me, please, it's some sick joke!!"

“ I only came with Sasuke to ensure he returned safely.. and that everyone else had made it safely..” Amaya explained. “As a Hashira, returning to my comrades as a demon is inexcusable, which is why I’ve come to ask Mitsunari to take my head.”

"Gladly." Mitsunari gripped the hilt of his blade and exhaled slowly before he suddenly disappeared.
"No!!" Sasuke rushed forward and just barely caught Mitsunari's blade with his, "You can't kill her! I won't let you!"
"She is a demon!! She fed from you!! You let this fate befall her!!" Mitsunari yelled.
"I know that!!" Sasuke shot back, "Which is why when we kill Masamune, she'll be cured!!"
"We don't even know if it works like that, you imbecile!!" Mitsunari put all of his weight on his blade, forcing Sasuke to try and push him back.
"We have to try! She's still a Hashira!!"

The strike of blades against each other so close to her head made her flinch, Amaya expecting a swift death at Mitsunari’s hands. Why was Sasuke stopping her death? He knew her fate as a slayer that had become a demon, and her expiration date was long passed due. “Sasuke! Stop this, it’s what needs to be done!”

"Shut the fuck up!" Sasuke snapped at her, "I'm tired of hearing you talk like that! We can fix it!!"
"S-Sasuke's right, there must be a way to reverse it!" Akihime argued.
"Don't be so naive, Akihime! I refuse to let you allow another demon to live!" Mitsunari hissed.

“And which one of you will be offering up your flesh for me?!” Amaya snapped, tearing the hat from her head to expose her appearance. Pale skin dotted with scales, two blue horns protruding from her head, and black and blue colored eyes. “Or do you plan to let me lose myself to insanity and attack those around us?” She growled. “So which is it? Will you be giving me your flesh, or will you kill those we’ve sworn to protect?”

Back
Top Bottom