Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Amaya was glad he could at least still take medicine and drink water, but in truth, she had no idea if the medicine would even work for him. He had been poisoned by a demon blood art, would human medicine even work on him?

“Shut up, don’t speak like that!” She snapped, holding him tighter- he was dying, wasn’t he? She had poisoned him and now he was going to die.

Amaya felt tears burn at her eyes, cupping his cheek and shaking her head. “Stop that..!” Her voice cracked. “Stop acting like you’re not going to make it- you have to!”

He smiled weakly and put his hand over hers, it was already kind of cold and clammy, "Amaya...y-you got me real...real good...it'll be an ac...act of God to pull my s-sorry ass out of th...this one..."

Tears dripped from her eyes and onto Sasuke’s cheek, her lower lip quivering as she carefully rested her forehead against his. “I’m sorry.. I’m sorry..!” She whispered. “Please don’t go..” What was she to do now? She had killed him, he was going to die and she’d be all alone again. She leaned to kiss him gently, his lips cold against hers.

He kissed back weakly, knowing that he could die happily and with no regrets. Well, one regret. Amaya would be alone now until she found Akihime, if she found Akihime. He squeezed her hand as best as he could, wanting to reassure her some how.

She held the kiss for another moment, pulling away to rest her forehead against his again. She wouldn’t let him die alone, she’d hold him until he passed, even if it was painful for her.
Sasuke felt like some of his pain was quickly ebbing away, as though a warm relief was slowly washing over his body- was this death? It was pleasant, his pain was disappearing, and he started to feel normal once more; death surely was peaceful.

Maybe dying wasn't so bad. He would have to watch over everyone and protect them as best as he could. Only...nothing really changed. In fact, the pain in his chest lessened to the point he could breathe properly. Wasn't he supposed to be dying? He peeked an eye open and looked around. No, no heaven or anything. Just the woods and Amaya crying over him. "Wh...What the...?"

Amaya picked up her head, blinking tears from her eyes. “Sasuke..?” The color was returning to his face, the wound on his cheek slowly healing.

Her pale cheeks flushed, but she shook her head. “I-I don’t know; but your wound- it’s healing..!”

Amaya’s face flushed more, swallowing the lump in her throat before leaning down and kissing him once more. If her kiss really was the cure for the poison, then so be it.

He held it, wondering what exactly it was about this that healed him. But he did feel much better after this kiss; his body slowly stopped aching and he could breathe clearly.

Amaya had to break the kiss to catch her breath, face flushed when she did. Did he need more? Would that be enough to completely rid the poison from his body?

“I could spit in your mouth next time..” She muttered, covering her mouth with her hand and turning away from him.

Amaya quickly let go of Sasuke, letting his head drop to the ground as she stood quickly. “Well, you seem better now, so we should keep moving.” She said quickly, beyond embarrassed.

Amaya had to calm her heart rate, taking a few breaths before going to collect their things.

They still had quite a bit of night time left, so they could make quite a bit of distance before needing to stop again for daybreak.

Back
Top Bottom