Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

"I am resting..." He replied, "I'm not running around..." It was pretty hard to stay awake though, "Why do you look like you're gonna cry again...?"

She turned her head away, not wanting him to see her face. “I think your eyes are just tired.”

“Hm.” She said softly, keeping her head turned away. Her horns glinted in the firelight, like two blue gems protruding from her forehead.

Amaya sat and watched the fire in silence for a while, then started to make a shelter for herself for when the sun came. She dug herself a hole the best she could with just her claws, figuring she could just hide from the sun in the earth.

“Make sure you keep the fire going, I’ll keep an ear out, so don’t worry about keeping watch.” She said as she hopped down into the hole.

“Don’t worry so much about me, just worry about yourself.” In truth she never planned to sleep, not until Sasuke was better.

“You’re one to talk.” Amaya could see the sun starting to peek through the trees, a soft frown on her face.

“Don’t overdo it.. We don’t have any medicine, and I can’t go into any towns, you’ll just have to tough it out.” Amaya said, worried on how he’d fair.

“I’ll be fine, just worry about yourself.” Amaya said gruffly, hunkering down in the hole.

He hummed and laid his head down in the dirt beside her hole, " Yeah, yeah..." He groaned weakly. Sasuke did his best to shield Amaya from the sun through the day and rest, but he only seemed to get sicker. His breathing was labored to the point where his breathing techniques failed him. He could hardly keep his eyes open without looking like he was in pain. Was this because of her, because she scratched him? It made her chest hurt, knowing deep down he was dying because of her. When night fell, Sasuke could hardly stand, his inhales sounding strangled.
"D...Damn, you re...really fucked me up..." He joked, hands clammy and face covered in sweat.

Last edited:
Amaya was back at his side, tending to him the best she could, but all they had was water. “In this condition you won’t last another night, I’ll have to go find a town and just hope they have medicine to give me.”

He laughed weakly, "Thought...I had at l...least another couple ni...nights..." He said. There was footsteps coming up the road but Sasuke didn't pay them any mind, hard to with his heart pounding so loud in his ears.

Amaya’s ears picked up the footsteps immediately, and she turned to face the direction the footsteps were coming from. “Quiet.” She whispered, quickly kicking dirt onto the fire to put it out.

He covered his mouth to try and muffle his breathing, looking pained as he laid there. The footsteps drew closer before they stopped.
"I know you're here, slayer. I can smell you." A voice called. Sasuke shut his eyes tight, having a really tough time being quiet.

Amaya scowled softly, slowly reaching for her sword that laid beside Sasuke on the ground. A demon? It had to be, there was no one else it would’ve been- just their luck.
She didn’t answer, searching the darkness for the demon.

Saauke was shaking, moving his hand only slightly to make breathing a little easier. A mistake he would regret; a long fleshy whip shot out from the foliage straight toward him and his eyes widened in shock.

The whip wouldn’t connect with Sasuke, Amaya drawing her blade and swiping at the whip in one fluid motion. The severed end fell to the ground at her feet, and she fell still once more, blade at the ready in front of her.
Maybe she could fool the demon into thinking she was the only one there? Maybe her being a demon would make him lose interest?
“If you proceed any further I will dispatch you, leave now.”

"Oh, I almost didn't realize there was two of you. I only caught the scent of a dying slayer." The demon moved into sight and he was an odd thing to behold. He was scrawny but muscular, old but not. "How odd, seeing a demon slayer. Are you a pet or an unfortunate of my master?"

Back
Top Bottom