Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

She looked to him, blue iris highlighted by red sclera. “My limbs are gone, how do you think I feel..?” So she knew then?
“What did I do..? Did I…-?”

He shook his head, pulling the chain into view, "No, I stopped you...but...for you to heal, you know what needs to happen..." He muttered, eyes sad.

Amaya scowled. “Sasuke, I’m not going to heal, you’re going to cut my head off. I’ve become a demon, and as a Hashira, that means I have failed. Don’t make me sully the Corps name anymore than I already have.”

“Don’t be a child, Sasuke.” She said firmly. “We have no other choice- would you have me become a monster?”

She was quiet for a long moment, staring at Sasuke. “And you want me to live like this…? As a demon, feeding upon human flesh..?”

"Of course not! Of course I don't want this for you! But I can't...!" Tears poured down his cheeks, expression distressed and heart broken, "I-I can't...kill you...I won't do it...!"

Amaya didn’t want to die either, she didn’t want to be a demon- but she couldn’t live like this. “Do what you want then-“ She said, voice cracking as she turned her head away. “We’ll regroup with the others.. deal with it then..”

“.. Yeah, I get it..” She muttered, feeling her skin crawl, and tears sting her eyes. “Who do you suggest I do that with..?”

Amaya felt bile rise in her throat at the thought of eating a human, and a fellow Hashira at that. “Fine, just… bring me to him- I can’t move much like this..”

Amaya hung onto Sasuke, wincing when he picked her up- she still felt pain after all. “You really don’t give me enough credit.”

“Yeah, well.. give it time..” She muttered, eyes fixing on the corpse of the former Hashira on the floor.

Amaya was grateful for the privacy, hesitating for a while before reaching to take a bite of flesh from his arm.
She struggled for a while to swallow the first bite, and when she did, she nearly vomited. She held down her food, taking more flesh from his arm.
Amaya ate several more bites before she was done, unable to eat anymore. She turned away from him, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, feeling nauseous.

Amaya had to hold back the bile one more time before answering. “Yeah, at least for now I won’t die, but I don’t know how long regeneration will take.”

The other room was quiet for a moment as Amaya mulled over Sasuke’s words. “You can make it up to me later..” She said softly.

After a few minutes, he heard soft foot steps on the old wooden floor, Amaya rounding the corner holding a hand over her still severed arm. “And the village, what will we do now..?”

Back
Top Bottom