Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Tears blurred his vision, "Please...don't make me hurt you.." He put as much of his weight on top of her as he could, not wanting her to move or leave.

He had to. There was no other way to make her stop. He forced himself off her, even when his muscles screamed that he stay put. When she was up and running, he gripped the hilt of his nichirin blade and took a breath.
"Shadow Breathing, First Form: Waning Darkness..." He seemed to fade away in a wave of darkness, a purple glint shining toward Amaya before he was in front of her. There was blood dripping from his blade, her legs tumbling from her body and skidding off from the sudden loss of momentum.

Amaya fell and tumbled to the ground, leaving a trail of blood behind her. A terrible scream of agony came from her as she tried to pull herself back up to the feet she no longer had. Her wild white hair was tangled and smeared with dirt and blood, covering most of her face, but Sasuke could still see those wild eyes.

He could hear her labored breathing and the sound of her dragging herself along the ground, still trying her damnedest to get to the villagers even without her legs.

Another anguished scream erupted from her as her severed arm fell away from her body. She collapsed in the dirt, nails of her remaining hand digging into the ground, but she was still for now.
She was bleeding heavily, and still a demon, but at least now she couldn’t hurt any of the villagers.

"How terrible." Sasuke's sharp gaze landed on Matsunaga as the old man approached, "Had I known she was tainted, I would have done more."
"You were the one that did this to her. You were the only one left alone with her!!" He pointed his blade at the old man, eyes wild and angry, "I'll kill you for what you've done."
"You can try." Matsunaga said with a smirk. Sasuke rushed at him, swinging wildly, Matsunaga dodging which swing before deflecting with his own nichirin blade. Sasuke was angry and was allowing his emotions to dictate his swings, making him predictable. Matsunaga overpowered him easily, knocking him around without much thought. But Sasuke refused to quit, even when he began to tire, he was going to take Matsunaga's head.
"Hard to believe you became a Hashira. You're no better than a child with a stick." Matsunaga taunted. Sasuke gnashed his teeth and pushed on, trying to get some type of hit in.
"If you can't even protect your fellow Hashira, how are you going to protect humans?" Matsunaga asked. Sasuke had had enough. He exhaled steadily, and the area seemed to darken more despite how high the moon was.
"Shadow Breathing, Third Form: Venerating Gloom." His whole person seemed to turn to shadow, gripping his nichirin and holding it up high. The shadow of his blade loomed over Matsunaga's shadow, before he swung hard. Matsunaga felt the blade despite it never touching his skin. He was frozen, his breath caught in his throat as he watched Sasuke step closer. The ginger said nothing, gripping his blade in both hands and pulling it back before plunging it full force into Matsunaga's chest. He held the hermit's gaze as he died, eyes cold as death before he ripped his blade free.
He turned toward Amaya, eyes sad, before he moved over to her, "I'll get this fixed, ok? Don't try and bite me while I get you somewhere safe.."

The newly turned demon was weak now, her wounds causing significant blood loss, and her rampaging left little energy in her body.
She still growled out blindly when Sasuke approached, but couldn’t do much with only one arm and completely spent.

By now the majority of the village had gathered around the outskirts of the incident, watching Sasuke with scared and angry eyes.
“Kill her- kill the demon already!”
“You’re supposed to protect us!”

He turned to them, clearly put off by their words.
"Do you not recognize who this is? This is the very woman who put herself on death's door for you. She's a Hashira! She did everything she could for you, and this is her thanks?!"

A few of them faltered, murmurs and sad looks rippling through the crowd.
“That’s what your job is!”
“Yeah, you’re supposed to protect us from demons!”
“It’s not our fault she was turned!”
“Kill her!”

His eyes were cold and angry as he looked down at all of them, "If you demand such a thing from me one more time, I will abandon the oath I made and let her loose on you."

The silence that fell over the villagers was deafening, but they didn’t dare repeat their words. He could see their anger and fear in their eyes, met only with scowls as they waited for Sasuke’s next move.

"We will be gone by morning, at which point you all will be on your own. I wish you luck, as the closest place with any wisteria is a few miles out." He told them before moving toward them, watching them cower and jump away as he moved to grab Matsunaga. He dragged the old man's corpse to the old shack house he and Amaya had been using.

Amaya was mostly unresponsive now, only letting out a weak growl when Sasuke neared her, but she didn’t have the strength to attack or struggle.

He picked her up carefully and put her over his shoulder to carry her back. He kept her away from Matsunaga's corpse as he moved to bind her, looking around for a chain or something.

There were some old supplies in the house, ropes and chains being some of them, but the rope was weathered heavily, and the iron chain was beginning to gather rust. Neither would hold a demon, he would need steel chains.

He got no response, but at least she didn’t tear up his face again, laying where she had been placed. For now it seemed as though her bleeding had stopped, but she didn’t seem to be recovering.

He frowned, knowing what had to be done, and hating it with every bit of his soul. He knelt above her head and held her wrist down to be safe before he leaned down and kissed her forehead as best as he could with her new horns in the way.
"Daijoubu desu...I'll get this fixed and it'll be like nothing happened..." He told her before he stood and moved to leave.

Her horns were cool to the touch, smooth and a beautiful deep blue; he could see her fangs when he got close, two sharp edges protruding from beneath her lip. Besides the fangs and horns, she almost looked like Amaya, almost like she was just sleeping.

She still looked like Amaya despite the change, he knew she was still her, and this new curse wouldn't change that. He left the little shack and moved back into town, finding some steel chains outside a tool shed. He tested them before giving a nod of satisfaction and heading back to Amaya.

Her eyes were open when he came back, but she still looked fatigued. “Sasuke..” She croaked out, only just able to turn to look at him. “What happened..? Where is Matsunaga..?”

Back
Top Bottom