Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Amaya could barely keep herself sitting up in bed. “Sasuke.. we need his help... at this point we’re all going to die..”

Amaya lowered her head to the man, bowing to him. “Please help us keep these citizens safe.”

He moved to her and knelt beside her.
"Matsunaga Hisehide desu." He introduced finally. Sasuke scowled softly. What was he doing all the way out here? Did he live nearby? He had heard that Hisehide became a hermit after leaving the pillars.

Amaya looked to Sasuke, giving him a weak smile as if trying to reassure him. In truth, she was getting strange vibes from the old Pillar, but she had little choice but to trust in him.

"So how are you going to fix her up, pillar doctor?" Sasuke asked mockingly. Hisehide didn't look at him.
"I am going to examine her blood to see what is making her so sick and work accordingly." He answered.

“Will that help me be able to move around sooner? We need to keep the villagers from harm..” She said softly.

“Thank you, senpai.” Amaya was too trusting, either from being with fever too long, or she was just that desperate at this point.

Amaya’s blood would show that she was still hanging on, body fighting hard against a bad case of pneumonia, most likely brought on from over exerting herself to protect the village.

He hummed as he did his research, Sasuke doing his best to keep Amaya awake and fed.
"You'll get your strength back in no time.." the Shadow Pillar grinned at her gently.

“You’re like a worried mother.” She teased, tone soft and quiet, her exhaustion showing clearly.

Amaya would be in and out due to fever, struggling to keep her thoughts coherent. She wouldn’t be any help fighting demons any time soon, body working hard to fight off her pneumonia.

Sasuke took care of a lot of the grunt work, which meant leaving Amaya alone with Hisehide. He couldn't trust the old hermit as far as he could throw him, but he didn't have much of a choice.

Amaya would wake a few times to Hisehide pouring some medicines down her throat- they always tasted bitter, and she never knew what it was he was giving her, but she had little choice.
When she managed to stay awake for a few moments after her medicine dosage one time, she took the opportunity to question Hisehide.
“Have you seen any others?- Hashira or otherwise..?”

"I'm afraid you two are the only ones I've seen in years. I don't keep up with the corps anymore these days." He replied as he cleaned everything.

“Even after all of this has happened..?” She asked softly, watching him with tired eyes. “And of the demon who started this all? Have you seen him..?”

"Date? No, he's as elusive as ever," he replied, "after watching people who are close to you die for years, you tend to distance yourself from tragedy, ne?"

Back
Top Bottom