Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gurenge (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Jin didn’t find his little joke to be all that humorous, glaring at his as he left, then looking to Kojurou. “Kojurou..!” She called, worried for his health. “Kojurou, you need to wake up..!”

Jin could do nothing for Kojurou, he was out of reach, and she had no way of caring for his wounds even if he was close.

She looked up, eyes trained on Masamune, then the woman behind him. She was shorter than him, but not by much, and her scent was now mingled with that of a demons. She frowned softly as the two approached, but held her tongue.
“Is he.. dead..?” Megohime asked softly, looking down at Kojurou with conflicted eyes.

Megohime frowned and looked away from Kojurou, keeping close to Masamune. “You didn’t have to go that far..”

"You may think so, but I do not. But that isn't why I brought you down here." He said before pointing to Jin, "I'm not sure what to do with her anymore. She's outlived her usefulness to me and so I want to put her life in your hands."

Megohime looked uncomfortable, looking to Jin before back to Masamune. “Who is she?” She asked, Jin watching the two with bated breath. Was he really going to let her choose her fate?

"She used to be a hashira, like Kojurou. But she lost rather painfully in a fight against me, like Kojurou. But unlike Kojurou, she's nothing more than a lab rat." He told her.

Jin was frozen in place, unable to move an inch as she watched Megohime mull over her options.
“So she’s Kojurou’s friend..?” She muttered to herself, frowning softly. After a long pause she spoke again. “Let Kojurou decide her fate.. He seems to be good at that sort of thing anyway..”

Megohime only shook her head. “It’s alright...” She didn’t want to be down in the basement anymore, it made her skin crawl.

Jin flinched at his gaze, casting her eyes to the floor to avoid having to look at Masamune any longer.

Amaya’s health wasn’t seeming to improve any, even with what little medicine the villagers supplied Sasuke with. Her fever wasn’t breaking, and with demons attacking in waves, it was hard to care for her fully.

She was too weak to even stand at this point, barely able to stay conscious and coherent with her high fever. During a break in attacks, while Sasuke tried to care for her, Amaya opened her eyes to look at Sasuke. “You have to leave me, Sasuke.. the villagers take priority..” She rasped out. “Take them and leave for a bigger town, it’ll be safer..”

"Like hell I'm leaving you behind after it took me this long to find you." He hissed. He was so tired, his breathing ragged. If he kept this up, he would die. He knew that. Maybe he could just tell the villagers to leave? No, they would be unprotected, even if they travelled by day, there was no telling what would happen when the sun went down.

Amaya looked weak, skin clammy and eyes tired. “Sasuke.. at this rate we’ll all die. If you leave with the villagers at daybreak, I’ll cover you as long as I can so you can make it as far as you can.. there aren’t many more options left..”

"I'm not leaving you!" He yelled, "I won't...!" This was bad, so very bad. He was being selfish. He had to think of the many. It was his job as a hashira. But Amaya meant so much to him.

Amaya was quiet, saying nothing as Sasuke argued to keep his fellow Hashira alive, even if at the cost of others. “Sasuke.” She wasn’t looking at him now, but behind him, staring at the looming figure in the doorway.

Sasuke looked up and gripped the hilt of his blade, but the figure rise his hand gently.
"Do not be alarmed. I am a doctor. The villagers have spent a lot of time and effort to being me here."
"We don't need you." Sasuke hissed.

Even through her foggy head and blurry vision, Amaya could make out the swords on the mans hip, something familiar about the aura around him. “You’re a pillar..” She rasped out, trying to sit up. He had the same aura about him as Jin, but his face wasn’t familiar at all.

"I was, yes. Not any longer. I had to let the younger generation take over." He said. Sasuke did not like anything about this guy. The way he looked just rubbed Sasuke wrong.

Amaya could feel sweat trickle down her forehead, and even with how hot she felt, a chill went down her spine. “Why’re you here now..?”

Back
Top Bottom